Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Lightbulb o well

Why do i care anyways?????
    as soon as i hit lvl 120 im getting slayer droid transference, and im always raising MA skill( at 300 now) so once i transform ill be unstopable!!!!!!!!!
    MUUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Re: No direct responses. Hmm...

Originally posted by Skara
    I see a lot of ranting, but no one putting up realistic numbers that shows this will be a problem.

Again, I know nothing about pet classes. I will repost my earlier post and see if someone can shed some light

1. Make the OE changes.

2. Fix the exploits.

3. Add buffing caps (if we can't group and both get xp, we can't buff each other).

4. Lower the HP of the monsters.

5. Lower the min dmg and the dmg shields of the monsters.

The above 5 will equal a more balanced and playable game.

No more lvl 6's in the Arena offering people 100,000 creds if they can beat them in a duel.

No more lvl 150's being used to run missions to get loot to equip the aforementioned lvl 6 to become majorly twinked to do the above.

I have not played a pet class to high lvls so I have no idea about the Engineer/MP issue. Time will tell, and further balancing will need to be done.

About people crying "I will be nerfed with this patch", here are some real numbers as an example:

My lvl 74 Adventurer with self-buffs and implants that were installed without using the treatment stacking "whatever-you-want-to-call-it-here" is dual-wielding QL 101 and 94 Riders. Another lvl or upgrading an implant or 2 and I will be in QL 111 and 94 Riders.

My implants range from QL 50-80 (yes I know I need to upgrade).

My armor is half mid 70's, the other half low 80's (yes I know I need to upgrade).

I currently do missions that range from QL 81 - 87. I do have to actually do something to get through the missions, and I occasionally die (mainly to chain nuking, so make that # 6 in the above list, fix chain nuking).

I could easily get into QL 90 implants (and plan to the next week or so). With those implants 1he will be around 500. I would easily be able to get into late 11x / low QL 12x Riders with a wrangle. After the wrangle wears off, I will still be within OE tolerance.

Someone please tactfully explain to me how they will be unable (weapons classes again, I can't speak about pet classes) to play anymore after these changes take effect?

For soloers, the monsters will be a little easier so they should fair better.

For those who want to be uber, they will get the right group together to always have the buffs they need to be as bad as they want to be.

What will change is the insane low lvl Arena duels and griefers who hang out around political zones to gank people. To do that would require other people to gank with you since you will require their buffs. Unless the ganking friends enjoy living vicariously, this shouldn't be a major problem (though it will happen some).

Please test this thoroughly, including the IPR, really check into the effect Trader NPC's will have on combat (stackable debuffs plus their skill going up even more will = exit mission when they are encountered otherwise), and LISTEN to the testers, and you will have an awesome patch on your hands.

Actually sounds like the game is getting back to what it should be. Monsters no longer on some bizarre mixture of crack and steroids, people able to solo with their first character without having to reroll/mule to be effective, no more lvl 6's twinked by lvl 150's who are bored with the game.

I like it

Skara
    lol
    "listen to the testers"
    maybe they should listen to the players... I mean... how many posts so far on this thread...

SilkeX:
    Who the hell cares about balance and crap first we want fun, not live by any damn rules...

completely true. I think FC forgot that its the players that play the game, not themselves (Even though thats what they do, been talking to some GMs and it would seem they dont really give a **** about GMing)

--------------------
    FC did this to the players
    Now the players will do this to FC

lol
    one more thing, I had my account frozen for 12 hours due to a player run event, we attacked HQ, and during the attack I was thrown out of the game, and it had frozen for 12 hours.
    Ive still not gotten a reply from FC for this, nor have the other two generals that was banned for 12 hours.

Whats up with this FC, WE DEMAND ANSWERS!

You want us to run our own events, but when we do we get thrown out?

I am totally against this patch

I myself am totally against this patch. 100% against any type of overequipping nerf.

i play a lvl 170 MA...who is not..and cannot be over equipped. anyone at my lvl wont be overequipped. yet im still completely against it

because i also play a lvl 93 trader. who is slightly overequipped (180 vektor dragon) i will now have to attempt to keep drains that last only 3 minutes constantly on him. blah..pain in the butt. anyone i team with (a crat, a doc, an enforcer and an MA consistantly) will now be gimped (well not the MA). now missions will go even slower, chances of dying even more and exp even slower.

one of the only things left of me in this game is to make a new toon...twink him out as much as i can and pvp..or power lvl him. after 8 months i dont just want to put on what i can. hit a few missions at a lower ql than i could have before patch..and get nothing out of it.

might as well go back to 1st person shooters or counter strike style games.

there will be no reason for me..nor most of the other high lvl people i play with to play anymore.

all the fun is seeing how much ncu u can get in...how high a weapon you can use..putting on the highest possible ql armor.

i dont understand why anyone would want this patch. maybe those who are newer..who dont understand the game mechanics..who havent played the game long enough to figure out all the ins and outs of what is a very rewarding...yet complicated game.

now there is nothing complicated about it. now it will be pointless. just a larger boring DAOC with an even worse quest system.

ill try the patch. but if my MA or trader is gimped in anyway ill cancel and wait for either SWG or Nec.

Talking Traders Suck

Plain and simple, traders suck. I'm happy they are feeling the nerf bug. RPGs are made for parties making friends and teaming up with people you've run across in the world. Not about buffing up to 100 lvls over what you are. I can't even recall the last time I teamed with a trader...how about never. Hell I only met 2 traders that were kool thru out my AO playing. Between ransack and deprive this is the absolute worse class to fight against and the overequiping bums will now have a tastes of what it feels like to have to join a group and team up and earn some EXP the hard way! IP rollback would only help my adventurer cuz well, he just sucks bad. I think that this will just bust up alot of the cheaters who used bugs to get ahead of the class. We'll see what bugs pop out from all of this and then judge. But for now.... TRADERS SUCK!

Keisuke lvl 70 MA!

Re: Traders Suck

Originally posted by KeisukeFD
    Plain and simple, traders suck. I'm happy they are feeling the nerf bug. RPGs are made for parties making friends and teaming up with people you've run across in the world. Not about buffing up to 100 lvls over what you are. I can't even recall the last time I teamed with a trader...how about never. Hell I only met 2 traders that were kool thru out my AO playing. Between ransack and deprive this is the absolute worse class to fight against and the overequiping bums will now have a tastes of what it feels like to have to join a group and team up and earn some EXP the hard way! IP rollback would only help my adventurer cuz well, he just sucks bad. I think that this will just bust up alot of the cheaters who used bugs to get ahead of the class. We'll see what bugs pop out from all of this and then judge. But for now.... TRADERS SUCK!

Keisuke lvl 70 MA!
    LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING FIRST

I roleplayed my fair share in AO, RPd for 6 months CONSTANTLY, not powergaming or leveling a eeny weeny bit (My ADV(!!), was lvl 12 after 3 months of gaming. Then I restarted, and created a MA(!!!!!!), BEFORE the MA fix)
    I had controll over several, SEVERAL guilds, that I had ROLEPLAYING.
    Then FC FROZE MY ACCOUNT, due to a player event. Thats when I finally come to my senses and realized that FC really doesnt like RPers, and that AO isnt really a MMORPG. But a MMOPG.
    So dont come here and say something, since you clearly dont know me.

lol
    And with that 1 post
    yeah, you really RP... use the forums to your advantage...
    have you red the forums?

Red the incharacter parts or roleplaying parts?
    Study up on the shovah, maybe you will learn a few bits and pieces.

implants, what about implants?

Are you going to nerf implants in the same fashion as armor and guns etc? If you are then you really will end up screwing all the classes, nano techs and martial artists.

I didnt wana read through all 1xx posts but i didnt see it mentioned in the article. Can we get the official word, or just someone who knows ?

Re: Traders Suck

Plain and simple, traders suck. I'm happy they are feeling the nerf bug. RPGs are made for parties making friends and teaming up with people you've run across in the world. Not about buffing up to 100 lvls over what you are. I can't even recall the last time I teamed with a trader...how about never. Hell I only met 2 traders that were kool thru out my AO playing. Between ransack and deprive this is the absolute worse class to fight against and the overequiping bums will now have a tastes of what it feels like to have to join a group and team up and earn some EXP the hard way! IP rollback would only help my adventurer cuz well, he just sucks bad. I think that this will just bust up alot of the cheaters who used bugs to get ahead of the class. We'll see what bugs pop out from all of this and then judge. But for now.... TRADERS SUCK! Keisuke lvl 70 MA!
    So, how many times were you droped on your head when you were born?
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Talking So What?

1 post for 1 cool guy. Unlike you i don't have time to sit and complain about stupid crap like this. However, I felt that this was the time for me to post. So, since I didn't direct anything at you, I feel you should just uhhh shut up If you feel offended in any way... I honestly don't care. I'll continue to play the way I want to and you trader... Go wrangle up something else to do with your time... since you can't hook up a game genie to your PC i wonder what else you'll use to get ahead....

Re: why I feel this will negatively effect AO

Originally posted by Don Fiendelioni
    Now, the message I'm receiving from this proposed change is: if you want to use the rules as we set them up, and do your best to be your best, we wish to not allow this.......(clip)....Am I to be punished becuase I bothered to sit at the mission terminal until I got a concrete pillow so I can equip higher level omni pol armor? This is just silly. The best thing about AO is the ability to "over equip." Incidentally, I find this to be a misnomer. Using the rules of the game to obtain the best gear possible is just called playing your best. To me, over equipping would be exploiting a bug, or a clearly broken aspect of the game (such as the infinite treatment bug) to get into equipment.
    I don't know, I think they said it very eloquently. FUNCOM take notice, alot of us feel exactly the same way. YOU made the rules. Don't punish us because you don't like the fact we're doing it. If its a bug or exploit that's one thing, but we're operating WITHIN the rules. I'm sorry, but if I did this to my players in an RL table-top RPG i'd be wearing the guacamole.

Thumbs up Bump for the patch!!!

I just hope they have the backbone to actually do the 14.2 I have always tought it as totally silly that a lvl 100 should be able to equip the highest level guns in the game... And think about it, it is not a over equip patch, its more a over use patch... You will still be able EQUIP the weapon, but as it should be, it will not be that straight forward to use it...

I agree with a former poster that said something in the lines of "... if they want to quit then let them" "...its 100 whiner so let the thousands that are left play the game". Good post, don't remember the name but BUMP!

As for those those that no longer will be able to solo reds... To bad, its always hard to adapt, but you've managed to tweak the game once, so you are probably able to stick to the grey zone once more... You basically get a new challenge. FunComs choice was abviously along the line of either make the NPC's tougher, or make the OE's weaker.

I hope they follow the traditions of not listening to the posts using upper case letters, bad words and "I'll quit because I quit". It's plenty of well thought, logical posts in here, and they opened this thread, to get views from more angles, and to avoid obvious traps. But keep in mind, its FunComs game, its FunCom that knows whats possible and what is not, its FunCom that knows the formulas (or I hope they do...) that this game is based on...

Re: implants, what about implants?

Originally posted by caddelite
    Are you going to nerf implants in the same fashion as armor and guns etc? If you are then you really will end up screwing all the classes, nano techs and martial artists.

I didnt wana read through all 1xx posts but i didnt see it mentioned in the article. Can we get the official word, or just someone who knows ?
    We cant get a word since they dont know themselves lol.

lol good point Keisuke, Traders need to be nerfed or stopped altogether. These guys run around thinkin they are hot s**t but really all they are is good at PVP and ripping off people for insane prices for a wrangle, it will be good to see these bastards finally have to lvl up and earn money like everyone else.

Re: Re: Traders Suck

Originally posted by Grupert

So, how many times were you droped on your head when you were born?
    Once or twice, but not as many as you obviously. I wonder if you're a trader too? Funcom casted Deprive on traders for once how's it feel?

okay, a little bit of logic into this now...

We can use the guns, have all skill that we need... (once)
    But we will get punished for using them... Why do we get punished for using them?
    A little bit RP-logistics then...

They are guns. Simple guns. I can use the most advanced gun in RL. But my 200ish IQ, Trader cant use a simple gun, even though its "higher" ql?
    What is QL in this game really? Some kind of errr, cap.
    Therefore its clear that only "intelligent" people can use guns, etc etc, lost the red tape.

But theres no logic.

Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Once or twice, but not as many as you obviously. I wonder if you're a trader too? Funcom casted Deprive on traders for once how's it feel?
    both of you have nothing to say anyway, so take your crap to your own channels since you clearly dont know what the hell is going on.
    oh, and you were a MA?
    Well, you will certainly rock since the MA and NT will be the most powerful classes in the game, PvP wise and PvM wise.
    Thats why your so happy, you just talked about "ooh im a RPer im a dogooder" so it would justify this crap that your writing here, answer quickly if you can. I love flamewars. I was in Flamewar I and II.

Originally posted by ENF*Isarugi
    lol good point Keisuke, Traders need to be nerfed or stopped altogether. These guys run around thinkin they are hot s**t but really all they are is good at PVP and ripping off people for insane prices for a wrangle, it will be good to see these bastards finally have to lvl up and earn money like everyone else.
    I agree. You need to nerf traders. Then NTs. And hell, if anybody kills anybody in pvp, make them a candidate for nerfing. And if anybody works hard to lvl their char then spend the time and money on getting the nanos to buff me...and they wanna CHARGE ME...nerf them too...i agree. and he's right 100%, traders are ONLY good at pvp...i don't care that they outheal docs, outdmg soldiers, they can calm, they can area/root...i don't care that in a team lvling, they keep me alive as well as 2 docs can...and they hit harder than anybody else in the team...PVP is their only use, so they suck, nerf or get rid of the prof.

Re: implants, what about implants?

Originally posted by caddelite

No, implants (nor belts and belt components) won't be affected like guns and armor. That'd be messy.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

so it would justify this crap that your writing here, answer quickly if you can. I love flamewars. I was in Flamewar I and II. [/B][/QUOTE]

Am I really writting crap or just pissing you off? Haha either way it's not a flame war unless i'm flaming, I'm just finally able to agree with something FC has done. Is that a crime? Since when were the traders were supposed to be more powerful than an NT and an MA anywayz. Pack it in and get a fixer or something.

Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484980 ... LastLast