Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

One question in IP reallocation

I like the patch, so long as FAST efforts are made after it to determine which classes got nerfed and rebalance them, none of this "We'll get to adventurers around 2026" stuff. It's unreasonable to expect that a change of this magnitude won't have legitimately destabilizing effects on some classes.

But anyway, I wanted to request something else:

I've been hit a couple of times by the "IP Eating" bug: I gain a level, spend my IP's, log out, log in, and the skills I spent on have reset to pre-spending levels, but the IP are gone.

This makes me grumpy, especially since policy appears to be for you NOT TO DO ANYTHING about it, and the bug still exists.

So basically, what I'd like to see is an option to redeem all skills for their IP, but rather than converting the existing skill levels into IP, it figures out what IP you SHOULD have at your level, and gives you that (in my character's case it would be some 60K higher, I think).

If this used all 90 of my "IPRs" I'd be fine with that, just so long as I could get back those points that the bug ate.

Oh, and it would be nice to get that FIXED one of these days. It would seem like the same code that determines how much IP to give back when you spend an IPR could also determine that you've "lost" points somewhere along the way, and give them back to you. It might even detect an exploiter or two if it gives an answer in the opposite direction.

Question Darksnake ?

Darksnake, how will Traders be gimped?

Sure, no more insane creds for wrangles, but what I read in the Trader forum, most Traders charge the insane prices to get people to leave them alone.

Traders will still be awesome in combat. When I play my Trader, I always run deprives to get in better dmg. The worst case scenario is a Trader NPC comes along and deprives you so you are back to lvl in the dmg dept.

Without flaming, please explain what the problem is?

Skara

Thumbs up

Looks like a great patch if everything works correctly.... okay, once everything works correctly.

Post ill tell ya

the issue ehre with the traders is that no one wants the for that.
    they want them for money off of wrangles and insane shotguns.
    thats why people make them.
    not for pvp (only a few do)
    and now that this has happened alot of people see no use for them (becuase there not realy ment for pvp to most)

Re: Darksnake ?

Originally posted by Skara
    Darksnake, how will Traders be gimped?

Sure, no more insane creds for wrangles, but what I read in the Trader forum, most Traders charge the insane prices to get people to leave them alone.

Traders will still be awesome in combat. When I play my Trader, I always run deprives to get in better dmg. The worst case scenario is a Trader NPC comes along and deprives you so you are back to lvl in the dmg dept.

Without flaming, please explain what the problem is?

Skara
    I dont charge for wrangles, but this will make traders quite out of date. Why use something that you will be punished for?
    I know I wouldnt.

Heh Im all for removing the Trader class. Its unfair and lopsided anyway, I dont give a flying f**k how twinked you are, just about nobody has a real chance against them in PVP. Is it really necessary that thier debuffs last so goddamn long... 2 minutes get the hell outta here!! I mean f**k, it shouldnt take them more than about 2-3 shots from their lvl 200 gun to kill you anyway. The frackin accuracy and timelimit rate of thier damn spells is so obnoxious in PVP. At the VERY least the timelimit should be drastically dropped. If you wanna be a cheap class with your fancy lightshow spells that basically make for target practice for any dumbass stupid enuff to try to PVP you then fine, but sitting there crying about OE nurfs when you know goddamn well it doesnt effect you detrimentally in any way except for the amount of change in your pocket is the most bullcrap excuse Ive heard so far.

Originally posted by Razorbak
    For those people out there who are happily clapping thier hands and jumping around like morons for the over equiping patch, just remember that you wanted this when you try to do a 50% mission on your own. Or you wonder why your full team of lvl 90's are having to fight mobs for only 6k xp.
    It seems like most of the complaints are coming from people who are trying to PVP.
    Those two arguments are null and void to me, since:

1. I am a Fixer. Would I ever be able to do a 50% mission solo anyway? HA! Fat chance!!
    2. I have never once PvP's in AO... (Well, once I got dusted while running to the shop in Newland Desert to pick up some bullets.)
    3. I would kill for 6k experience! (If I could, that is )

Re: ill tell ya

Originally posted by Phelisha
    the issue ehre with the traders is that no one wants the for that.
    they want them for money off of wrangles and insane shotguns.
    thats why people make them.
    not for pvp (only a few do)
    and now that this has happened alot of people see no use for them (becuase there not realy ment for pvp to most)
    "Ill tell ya"
    My trader is my main character. I have no other "alts", what am I supposed to do?
    I wont start another character, and I wont just sit down and relax while FC is doing something wrong.
    Wait...
    I can always feel sorry for the adventurers... They will always be the most sucky ones...

Originally posted by Razorbak
    Oh, one other question I have - why are you doing a patch that only really makes 10% of the people happy but may cost you 40% of your customers?
    only 40%?

i'd call that conservative if you include, not only the players
    who quit immediately out of digust, but also the players who
    grow bored of mediocrity over the following months.

Talking Still don't get it, maybe my brain is OE :)

I still don't get it.

In my post a few pages back I gave a good example of wrangles still being beneficial. So yes wrangles will still be needed.

People just can't push the envelope like they used to.

Other than that, your reply didn't contain much information. Please explain.

Also, people no longer being able to use their Trader as a mule character for money doesn't qualify as a valid answer

Skara

To add another thing:

I dont PvP, seems to risky since you can get your account banned if your bugged it would seem.
    And PvP is quite boring, this is what ive experienced for the times Ive done it (lost by the way, to a fixer and an adventurer, so guess this makes me the suckiest trader of them all...)

im a trader, and im proud of it. One of the TRUE traders, and Im saying, FIX the TRADESKILLS, before you do this. GIVE us something to do, for we are traders right? not some PvP gods...
    (in real life that is)

Exclamation o yea

and one more thing, this IP reset thing, ive been waiting on it for a while, and im very happy its comin around, BUT, it should only be useable once!!
    and only once!!
    per character.
    add a defect to it or something if its gonna be so cheesy.

Ive lost... I think... 100ish k ip due to the log in/log out bug, will I ever get these Ip back?
    and I blame FC for every point of Ip lost, since their server crashes seem to come awfully convenient when Ive just lvled up. Oh well, cant blame FC for doing something wrong since they cant see what they are doing wrong.
    What I think is that they have their own player server, where only their families and friends, and the employees may play. And all their time AND spare time goes to play and fix that one up. Thats why they give jack**** about us, the players of RK1 and RK2.

And I love their "so-called" patches and fixes. Everytime one comes up, your unhappy because you KNOW there will be another one, and the downtime will be 4-6 hours. Bah, what friggin bull****.

Unhappy hmmm

I like the IP reset, no complaints there.

As far as the rest goes Im still not sure.

Will it be better to have a gun that is 19% OE then 20%, because the 19% would have no disadvantedge and the 20% Oe has -25% ???? .
    Im not completly sure how this is gonna work.

I wouldnt mind growing into my OE gun and armor then always having the best weapon dmg and AC possible at my lvl. Actually seeing my dmg grow a little each lvl for a change. But it dosen't
    sound like thats what your doing. It almost sounds like we are gonna be punished for overequiping and have less dmg then we would otherwise. It seems like in the original article that mentioned this , we were told we would simply grow into OE gear and pets or whatever. Is it too late to still just do that???
    I wouldnt mind paying for RC and a 135 wrangle to use something that was still doing good dmg and would get better every lvl. I would almost prefer this if you make mobs easier to kill (which you say you did , but I guess my auto-patcher missed that one) .

OTwarrior lvl 90 Omni Soldier
    Last edited by OTwarrior; Mar 13th, 2002 at 04:44:08.

I myself dont overequip, but I still think this patch seems completely wrong, I mean come on its a way of playing the game just, it makes people use their heads, calculate skills, will I have enough to wear that and that high? Can I push the limit even more?, In my opinion its things like that that makes a game fun, and lots of people have waisted tons of hours and money on this, you cant just change it in one patch like this, sure theyll get back ip and stuff, but not money and time used to do this so called overequipping... And I would really hate to see all thoose people who will get pissed over this leave, and once again make this game empty as hell.... It seems like the people who complain are thoose who dont put their minds into doing this themselves cause they dont know how to or are to lazy thats complaining just cause they cant be as good as the people making overequipping a art, and thus beeing the best

hmmm

now that i think of it, none of my chars are over equiped badly.
    my lvl 70 doc has 2 ql 80 swords and ql 90 armor that i got on from my own buffs.(can kill a mantis nano thing with this char )

my lvl 70 engineer has lvl 80 armor, lvl 70 tank armor, and a lvl 88 stigma rifle.(cant kill greys without bot)
    only thing powerfull about me is my lvl 115 warbot.

my MA is lvl 25 with ql 30 armor.(can abrly take orange mobs)

my Adventurer is lvl 23 with lvl 30 heavy 2 h edge wep and ql 30 armor.(cant kill light orange mobs for ****)

now, none of my guys seem to over equiped, and the bot dosent count cuz i dont wear it and it shouldnt even be considered an issue, its a dumb mistake to even think of it as one.

now all of my chars (even engineer) have trouble as it is.
    i can solo maby a 50% mission with my doc, and 60% with the low lvl's (there reducliously ahrd for them though.

if i try a higher one with engineer, mobs in front room knock me dead in a heartbeat.

and yet, this patch will still ruin me.
    its always rough in anarchy for me right now, but by doing this its going to become impossible.
    Last edited by Phelisha; Mar 12th, 2002 at 07:00:17.

Re: Re: lets think about how enfs are effected

Originally posted by DOC against PVP

If you are self buffing, then you will be able to rebuff when the nano wears off. As such, you will not have dropped in effectiveness.
    lol
    If your an enf, use an essence and standard str/sta buffs. The armor you receive will still be worse than the armor you can equip lol.
    well, it might be profitable at lvl 150ish when you can use es. of beh/lev. But, if your going totaly selfbuffable... hehe, good luck leveling... Or getting anywhere since you will die trying lol.

---------------------
    FC did this to me, not the other way around
    FC created the monster, not I.

No direct responses. Hmm...

I see a lot of ranting, but no one putting up realistic numbers that shows this will be a problem.

Again, I know nothing about pet classes. I will repost my earlier post and see if someone can shed some light

1. Make the OE changes.

2. Fix the exploits.

3. Add buffing caps (if we can't group and both get xp, we can't buff each other).

4. Lower the HP of the monsters.

5. Lower the min dmg and the dmg shields of the monsters.

The above 5 will equal a more balanced and playable game.

No more lvl 6's in the Arena offering people 100,000 creds if they can beat them in a duel.

No more lvl 150's being used to run missions to get loot to equip the aforementioned lvl 6 to become majorly twinked to do the above.

I have not played a pet class to high lvls so I have no idea about the Engineer/MP issue. Time will tell, and further balancing will need to be done.

About people crying "I will be nerfed with this patch", here are some real numbers as an example:

My lvl 74 Adventurer with self-buffs and implants that were installed without using the treatment stacking "whatever-you-want-to-call-it-here" is dual-wielding QL 101 and 94 Riders. Another lvl or upgrading an implant or 2 and I will be in QL 111 and 94 Riders.

My implants range from QL 50-80 (yes I know I need to upgrade).

My armor is half mid 70's, the other half low 80's (yes I know I need to upgrade).

I currently do missions that range from QL 81 - 87. I do have to actually do something to get through the missions, and I occasionally die (mainly to chain nuking, so make that # 6 in the above list, fix chain nuking).

I could easily get into QL 90 implants (and plan to the next week or so). With those implants 1he will be around 500. I would easily be able to get into late 11x / low QL 12x Riders with a wrangle. After the wrangle wears off, I will still be within OE tolerance.

Someone please tactfully explain to me how they will be unable (weapons classes again, I can't speak about pet classes) to play anymore after these changes take effect?

For soloers, the monsters will be a little easier so they should fair better.

For those who want to be uber, they will get the right group together to always have the buffs they need to be as bad as they want to be.

What will change is the insane low lvl Arena duels and griefers who hang out around political zones to gank people. To do that would require other people to gank with you since you will require their buffs. Unless the ganking friends enjoy living vicariously, this shouldn't be a major problem (though it will happen some).

Please test this thoroughly, including the IPR, really check into the effect Trader NPC's will have on combat (stackable debuffs plus their skill going up even more will = exit mission when they are encountered otherwise), and LISTEN to the testers, and you will have an awesome patch on your hands.

Actually sounds like the game is getting back to what it should be. Monsters no longer on some bizarre mixture of crack and steroids, people able to solo with their first character without having to reroll/mule to be effective, no more lvl 6's twinked by lvl 150's who are bored with the game.

I like it

Skara

Who the hell cares about balance and crap first, we want fun, not live by any damn rules....

Exclamation thats it!

if you dont nerf this patch then we shall all drown ourselfs infront of the lincolne memorial!!!!!!!!!
    LEAD US TO GLORY ALL GREAT LORD!
    ALL HAIL DAVID BALIN!

Page 29 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474879 ... LastLast