Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Originally posted by Cz

Checking on these two questions now.

Scumbug, somebody might drop some cookies later. Feel free to grab those. I'm not that hungry today.

Cz
    Hiya Cz!

Did you ever know that you're my hero....
    and everything I would like to be!

Sorry someone else quoted a song so I had to as well!

what about this !

you know how you hafta be 2/3 of a persons level to recieve xp when teaming in a group.

how bout you make it so you can't buff a person thats a certain number of levels below you ?? so if lets say your level 100 you can't buff a level 10 guy...your only allowed to buff people that are 2/3rd's your level.

so a 100 guy can only buff someone that is lvl 66+

or a level 30 guy can only buff people lvl 20+ and so on
    that way a trader can't use his 132 wrangle on a lvl 10 newbie
    that would force it to only be available by high level characters

and the same for over equiping ....couldn't you make it so you can't wear armor that is too far ahead in points? like if you have 50 to str and stam and your armor you want requires 100 str and stam..... you can't put it on at all...you can only put armor that requires 75 str and stam.....just make it so you can't put armor on that is too far ahead of you no matter what buffs you get. this goes for implants and weapons as well

with this next patch exploiters will still win because they can buff soooooo much and implant stack soooo much that the percentage loss won't really affect them

Unhappy Ugh.

Just when I thought class-balance was getting closer.

Cz, could you please address to the game developers the fact that they just totally unbalanced the classes 10fold?

A Meta-Physicist, with +140 mochams and +20 general buffs, will be able to have a ridiculously high, dark red pet with them *all* the time. For solo'ing. For PvP'ing. For grouping.

An Engineer is absolutely screwed with overequipped pets. Yes, this is probably what you meant to happen. But I hope it's clear that this affects MP pets the least.

Sure, when your buffs wear off, your pet will stop attacking (or healing?). RE-BUFF YOURSELF. YOU *DO* HAVE THAT LUXORY. Engineers do not. If Engineers get a wrangle or mochams to make a dark red pet, then go on a solo mission, they're screwed when that buff wears off.

I have a lvl 60 Engineer, but thank the Lord I also have a lvl 26 MP. I may just have to shelve the Engineer for a while and start levelling my MP again, the soon-to-be-most-uber profession on Rubi-Ka.

--Tsk

Thumbs down New Patch

Im not sure how many more nerfs i can handle, please take poll of all those who really want this new OE patch. I have been playing since August and my first char (a soldier) was nerfed and cannot pvp now because of a patch. I made a Agent and now he is getting nerfed. I also made a trader to make money for my chars by casting wrangles, this will soon be nerfed. I have spent alot of time working on these chars only to have them nerfed one by one. I can only do one thing /terminate.

Demoncleaner lvl75 Omni agent
    Sirrius lvl51 Omni soldier
    Slymon lvl68 Omni Trader
    Zangziwoo lvl23 Omni MA

Omni till i die

Lightbulb hmmmm

how about a more simple solution to all of this.

we ban all the crappy newbs that want this and go on with our game..... hmmmm
    na, didnt think so, ok, here is a real solution.

put a ban on ql for engineers to recive pets at.
    like lvl 20 engineers can use a lvl 70 at most
    and lvl 70 can use a 120 at most
    and lvl 120 can use 200 at most.

this will still leave leaway for engineers to be fairly powerfull, and also to have sufficient bots that will beable to ahndel there hunts.

besides, once an engineer gets there warbot they usually dont get better till like lvl 90-110, so it wouldnt be so bad.

and rais there abilitys to take hits or to deal support damage for bot, such as making things like heavy weps teal, along with somethign liek shotgun or assult rifle, so engineers should use the 12 sec recharging weps.

as for the mp, they would ahve to shorten time on mochams for it to work as they want.

im still for the banning of this patch but if it must happen then there are some thoughts for the engineer.

Pathetic

I love the way you little twirps are bashing people for OE there gear. Its extremely obvious none of you are over the lvl of 80 if you were youd be begging to get armor or weapons that would let you last at least 10 seconds against the mobs you will now have to face. Another thing that makes you and even more sad Funcom look like total idiots are the fact that these buffs even exist in the game. 'Well we added these buffs but now were simply gonna give them a penalty for using them, ya thats it thisll make us look really smart and cool, hey you cant use that buff if you do im gonna nerf you'. Like i said funcom you are the most pathetic bunch of people ive ever seen. Again FC youve really outdone yourself in showing that youve got an IQ lower then a rock.
    Last edited by Suede; Mar 12th, 2002 at 05:36:50.
    A very pissed off lvl 126 engineer.

Thumbs down This is a bunch of crap

bump
    Last edited by Pendaric; Mar 9th, 2003 at 11:52:33.

Does overequipping effect mobs as well? If I divest/plunder, do their weapons drop in strength? i mean, if you're going to make the rest of us useless.....

anyway.

We all DO have the same options. I just don't see why people complain about PvP, since this game was NOT built on it.... it's an after thought, and a poor one. yeah there's a conflict, yipee.

If you don't want to lose in PvP, spend the same time on your character that others are spending on theirs.

Question Traders

So now all the trader's wrangles will be worthless? so why not just remove them from the game what would be the point of getting q 132 wrangle and u may be able to equip the weapon, but it wont make a difference in the damage. so it would be a big waste of time and effort.

attn: Funcom accountants

If you think that by removing this strategy the extended subscriptions
    from slower leveling of remaining players will compensate for the
    loss of players who will cancel out of anger and/or boredom,
    you've underestimated your customer base and you've underestimated
    the severity of the 'short-term' loss you are about to incur.

Well, if the patch works the way it says, (usually takes a coulple to get it close), then i'm ok with it. But I always solo with my engineer so my pet is not highly OE'd. It doesn't say you can't build a super bot, just whatever buffs or people you need to aquire that bot should go along with you (team oriented) and keep you at the level needed for you to control your pet. But hey, to each his own.

I do have one complaint, and that is why can't my agent use pet's when using that profession. It would be simple to reduce your skills when in one of those professions. I'm not asking for a pet of the agents level. Or even put a cap on it, can only control pets 25% or more below your level. My agent is weak(more so, because I used him to test out a lot of stuff and wasted a ton of ip....ip reset....wohoo)anyway, he could use the help of a bot while under another profession. Besides how can he mimic an engineer without a bot?

"Bot-less Engineer lfg"

"Have you seen my bot?"

"Will work for bot-shell"

"/pet attack" "you have no pet"

*bump for NEVER letting this patch go live*

Smile Sounds good :)

1. Make the OE changes.

2. Fix the exploits.

3. Add buffing caps (if we can't group and both get xp, we can't buff each other).

4. Lower the HP of the monsters.

5. Lower the min dmg and the dmg shields of the monsters.

The above 5 will equal a more balanced and playable game.

No more lvl 6's in the Arena offering people 100,000 creds if they can beat them in a duel.

No more lvl 150's being used to run missions to get loot to equip the aforementioned lvl 6 to become majorly twinked to do the above.

I have not played a pet class to high lvls so I have no idea about the Engineer/MP issue. Time will tell, and further balancing will likely need to be done.

About people crying "I will be nerfed with this patch", here are some real numbers as an example:

My lvl 74 Adventurer with self-buffs and implants that were installed without using the treatment stacking "whatever-you-want-to-call-it-here" is dual-wielding QL 101 and 94 Riders. Another lvl or upgrading an implant or 2 and I will be in QL 111 and 94 Riders.

My implants range from QL 50-80 (yes I know I need to upgrade).

My armor is half mid 70's, the other half low 80's (yes I know I need to upgrade).

I currently do missions that range from QL 81 - 87. I do have to actually do something to get through the missions, and I occasionally die (mainly to chain nuking, so make that # 6 in the above list, fix chain nuking).

I could easily get into QL 90 implants (and plan to the next week or so). With those implants 1he will be around 500. I would easily be able to get into late 11x / low QL 12x Riders with a wrangle. After the wrangle wears off, I will still be within OE tolerance.

Someone please tactfully explain to me how they will be unable (weapons classes again, I can't speak about pet classes) to play anymore after these changes take effect?

For soloers, the monsters will be a little easier so they should fair better.

For those who want to be uber, they will get the right group together to always have the buffs they need to be as bad as they want to be.

What will change is the insane low lvl Arena duels and griefers who hang out around political zones to gank people. To do that would require other people to gank with you since you will require their buffs. Unless the ganking friends enjoy living vicariously, this shouldn't be a major problem (though it will happen some).

Please test this thoroughly, including the IPR, really check into the effect Trader NPC's will have on combat (stackable debuffs plus their skill going up even more will = exit mission when they are encountered otherwise), and LISTEN to the testers, and you will have an awesome patch on your hands.

Actually sounds like the game is getting back to what it should be. Monsters no longer on some bizarre mixture of crack and steroids, people able to solo with their first character without having to reroll/mule to be effective, no more lvl 6's twinked by lvl 150's who are bored with the game.

I like it

Skara
    Last edited by Skara; Mar 12th, 2002 at 06:10:33.

Whoopty Doo!

I love the Pet Profession complaining. The debuffs suck. You wanna know why? because the debuffs are meant to shut people down! My lvl 58 NT can fight any mob into dark orange solo. It takes a long time, but it can be done. But a grey trader, by god. They'll stack buffs on me for -100 Matter Creation. So my matter Creation will go from 340, to 240. OUCH!! Nano shutdown! I can't use anything now except my weapon. Once I'm debuffed I run like hell. If you ever see a NT in PvP or in an event, debuff him and he'll become almost helpless, not all of 'em, just ones who don't use as much weapons. I always thought your pet should be near you in strength. Just 'cause your bot isn't uber doesn't mean you now suck. Engies and MPs have nukes better than NTs I am told, so you are basicaly better than a nano-wait, I mean Nerfed-Technician, 'cept you get a pet. I'm glad MPs are able to get knocked off their high horse, and don't complain that your pets can be rooted, is that all?
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Hehe... I don't know if it's because I'm so gimped or what, but I don't even see anything in that article that will affect my character or the way that I play in any way shape or form... Except for the better. I don't "twink," period.

What will help is the reduction in mob AC, which has been needed for some time.

This is truly a great vision... Hopefully, it can be implemented without too many glitches though! Good luck.

Angry

For those people out there who are happily clapping thier hands and jumping around for the over equiping patch, just remember that you wanted this when you try to do a 50% mission on your own. Or you wonder why your full team of lvl 90's are having to fight mobs for only 6k xp.
    It seems like most of the complaints are coming from people who are trying to PVP. Some lvl 17 enforcer trots out and sees a lvl 12 soldier and thinks he has an easy victum and gets his a$$ servered to him on a platter. Well guess what, just like in real life, things are not always what they seem and guess what? NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE CREATED EQUAL (and I mean that some people are smarter and some are faster and some are just naturals at something). If a person goes to the effert and cost to develop their character into the best they can be, how is it any different from someone in real life going to college? My god, if Funcom was running the government, they would run around lobatomizing anyone with over a 100IQ or who has taken time to improve themselves in some way.
    But the bad part is, those who are currently taking the time and effert to overequip will still take the time and effert to upgrade to the latest, highest QL they can use every few levels. And those that are lazy or casual players or for whatever reason don't want to go though the trouble of equiping the best that they can use, those people will still get there a$$ served to them in PVP, but on the same note, they will want to team up with those uber players later on when they want xp (kinda like saying 'oh please mister trader, let me kill you even though i don't have a chance in hell of actually being able to and then afterwords let go level'). Pfft.
    I will truely enjoy debuffing people for 300 points and watching as their health plumits and I drop uber damage since I will then not be overequiped according to your new rules.

My god, if Funcom was running the government, they would run around lobatomizing anyone with over a 100IQ or who has taken time to improve themselves in some way.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Angry

Why not remove traders then? Since they will become quite obsolete, why should they be punished for their trademark, wrangling?
    I dont think people want as much wrangling anymore, and since traders wont be as uber as before, they will suck even more than adventurers (no offence)
    Why not let the traders change class to something else and let FC remove the trader-class all together?

Oh, one other question I have - why are you doing a patch that only really makes 10% of the people happy but may cost you 40% of your customers?
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Exclamation HOLD IT

now listine, this isnt UO here, we didnt tame these dman things, WE created them! they have no free will! so long as the shell is amde we know how to use them! there should be no issues here!
    its not like you tamed a white worm in uo, but it dosent liek you so it wont listine!

if we where taming animal then yea this amkes sense, but think about it for a sec, with no will they wont know how to not listine.
    and dont say making them run takes skill, becuase its a simple voice command.
    what are we gonna suddenly lsoe our voices if we dont have the skills?
    Last edited by Phelisha; Mar 12th, 2002 at 06:32:05.

And another thing.
    most people, "overequip", because they want to hunt bigger mobs, since the xp received from mobs the same lvl or a bit higher than the "ace" mobs, just isnt profitable.

And this is clearly an evidence that FC doesnt listen to their gamers. I know several hundreds of players that will quit due to this. Thank you FC, hope you are proud.

Page 28 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464778 ... LastLast