Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Unhappy Still no why?

So I try again:

what is wrong with this so called OE ? k, everybody can do it if they put their mind to it..am I right?

I don't go around telling people they are cheating cuz they don't EO so why do you guys have to do it to us?

Many answer, to take the bad evil exploiters...k, I know a few exploiters..and I know a few cuz that is what there is, A VERY FEW of them. And trust me, they will continue to exploit and you guys are going to get angry and demand new patches...but I really don't see anything wrong with how PvP or hunting works today.

I get to lvl, I got to lvl when I first started the game. I reach my goals, I also did when I started to play....I don't agree with the patch cuz it is based on people complaing over things they don't have, that other people have..just like in rl...some people are rich, some are not and as in this game people get envious.

And that is what this is about, not about EXPLOITING ( wich I hate) but being envious of people that play the game and FOLLOWING the rulex better then you guys are.

And to fix that you all just try to push FC into saying: Nono, enough is enough, lets all be the same.

This patch is shortsighted, its not thought true and I don't think FC will do it, they will lose alot of players ( Saying anything else is a lie and since its FC's money we better tell em the truth ).

Frankly, even if you are for it, do you really wanna lose alot of friends and people from Rubi-ka just cuz you guys are envious of others?

Sure, flame me, I don't care...if you do this it is so stupid you will only burn yourself. Good luck.

Yours

Lifedrain
    General of Security
    Omni Shadow Ops

Cz.. a little clarification please?

Could you please have a dev post some actual examples of HOW the OE formula works with what? Somehow I lost just how. if OE doesn't effect implants but yet doesn't do an implant check to see if the person is capable of wearing them (or at least not over the 20) how is this going to stop OE by implant alone.

ie....

buff stats

insert buff implants...

insert real implants!

No implant check and user is wearing implants beyond thier OE level ability.

The formula seems straight forward enough. A shorter method to check quickly is to multiply your skill by 125%. That amount is the most you can have equipped over your skill before hitting OE penalty. The higher level you are the higher variance you are permitted.

example. 100 skill x 1.25 = 125
    200 skill x 1.25 = 250

The formula used by the devs uses different math but the effect is the same.

100 - ((100/125) x 100) = 20 1 point under OE penalty

100 - ((200/250) x 100) = 20 again 1 point under OE penalty

come to think of it I'm not even sure why that formula is used but I guess that's really beside the point.

also IPR sounds good but...

perhaps a little further clarification on this also?

I have learned long ago not to assume too much and well... getting it "defined" by those who do the defining...

thanks!

I looked over the formula the posted and I have a question. Can someone post a exemple? I seem to be doing something way wrong.

NOTE as i was writeing this someone posted a exemple, but I still seem to be doing something wrong.

here is what I got so for:

My buffed stat is 45
    The Requirement for the same stat is 37

so I do the math 45/37=1.2 x 100 =120 -100=20 and 20 or higher is OE....

Am I doing this right?
    Last edited by Morloyck; Mar 12th, 2002 at 01:36:21.

Re: Cz.. a little clarification please?

Originally posted by Tipai
    Could you please have a dev post some actual examples of HOW the OE formula works with what? Somehow I lost just how. if OE doesn't effect implants but yet doesn't do an implant check to see if the person is capable of wearing them (or at least not over the 20) how is this going to stop OE by implant alone.

ie....

buff stats

insert buff implants...

insert real implants!

No implant check and user is wearing implants beyond thier OE level ability.

The formula seems straight forward enough. A shorter method to check quickly is to multiply your skill by 125%. That amount is the most you can have equipped over your skill before hitting OE penalty. The higher level you are the higher variance you are permitted.

example. 100 skill x 1.25 = 125
    200 skill x 1.25 = 250

The formula used by the devs uses different math but the effect is the same.

100 - ((100/125) x 100) = 20 1 point under OE penalty

100 - ((200/250) x 100) = 20 again 1 point under OE penalty

come to think of it I'm not even sure why that formula is used but I guess that's really beside the point.

also IPR sounds good but...

perhaps a little further clarification on this also?

I have learned long ago not to assume too much and well... getting it "defined" by those who do the defining...

thanks!
    This is the other reason why I suggested lvl caps
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

IP: Resetting Abilities Will Mess up Skills.

I can already foresee the problems with someone with nano skills in the 500's resetting their intelligence to 15.

Angry OE

I play an agent and an eng. Personally I don't see this effecting my engineer too much yet, but she's still young. I have read about half the comments here (12 frickin pages is alot) and they have vaild points. I'd just like to reemphasize the part about the lvl and breed caps. I'm sure you've read it enough so I won't repeat it.
    I personally choose not to PvP, I enjoy doing my missions by myself or with my RL friends much more. With my agent, I was able to ransack/deprive my way into a ql 125 gun at lvl 64 (I do all equipping myself - I'm not in a guild and I don't pay for buffs or ask for them at BB). Now that I'll have to recast those nanos and keep them on permantly, and stay a trader permantly, my position in the group with my friends will be dimished hugely, because I do NOT want to have to switch to a trader to be effective.
    I play with an enforcer/MA mainly or just the MA. As it is some fights I can do up to 75% of the damage with just me and the MA, other fights I'll do about 10%. Will the MA be affected by this patch? no. They're damage will stay the same (the MA posted a long post early about how wrong this patch is btw, its included below for reference, his english is much better than mine), but mine will be dimished even farther. I will no longer do even 40% of the damage during a good fight (with just me and the MA). The same goes for the enforcer who is in a similair situation as me.
    I would like to add that I don't think its overequipping, its using the game, no exploits or whatever - anyone who knows how to could do this just as I do.
    Also I'd like to add that traders will now be the overpowered class in the game, especially in PvP.
    As someone else said,
    test
    test
    test
    test more
    test even more
    then some more
    then another 2 weeks when you're done testing.

personally if this patch goes live, I will quit the game. The MA has also posted and will quit as well.
    Sorry about the lack of cohesion to this post, english is my first language but you'd never know it.
    Aaamina - 64 agent
    La********** - 49 eng
    GRE - 530 verbal 800 analytical 800 math <-me sux at engrish
    <<
    First I guess a little about myself and my character. I play a lvl80 Martial Artist, Omni sided on Rubi-Ka 1. I'm a somewhat casual player, probably about 5 hrs /week on average.

Now, the message I'm receiving from this proposed change is: if you want to use the rules as we set them up, and do your best to be your best, we wish to not allow this. Please read the short story Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut. In a society (as AO is), people with greater ability and time investment will always acheive higher/do more than those that are either just plain bad at the game, or don't spend hours upon hours playing. I would classify myself into the later category. I don't spend hours and hours playing. And you know what? When I see people in awesome gear at any level, I applaud them! Kudos to them! Does that affect my lvl80 MA's ability to do my missions and hunt my areas and have fun in the game? No sir, it certainly does not. For me, however, the search for better and "cooler" gear is the #1 reason I play AO. All the rest of the activities in the game, for me, is just leading to finding that next piece of gear, that next MA attack, or getting that next token board. Am I to be punished becuase I bothered to sit at the mission terminal until I got a concrete pillow so I can equip higher level omni pol armor? This is just silly. The best thing about AO is the ability to "over equip." Incidentally, I find this to be a misnomer. Using the rules of the game to obtain the best gear possible is just called playing your best. To me, over equipping would be exploiting a bug, or a clearly broken aspect of the game (such as the infinite treatment bug) to get into equipment.

If this patch goes through, there is nothing left for me in AO and I will be forced to speak in the only way that companies listen: with my pocketbook. I will cancel my account and use my time for something else, where I won't be punished for trying my best.

Pardon the melodrama here, but truly the game for me is all about the fun of trying to get into the best possible gear. Example: at my current level I have 255 "natural" agility. In trying to figure out the best primus decus armor coat (my favorite back slot armor item) I have to think hard about what all i can do to get into the best one possible. On the decus coats, agility is the higher of the two requirements, the other requirement, strength, is easy for me since I pump str each level also. With my 255, I can get a boost, +12, I can get feline grace from an agent for another +25, and then implant myself with say, lvl70 implants, for about another +50 or so agility. My total is about 342 or so, give or take based on implants. Now, since I can't really spare the implant space for agility at all times, my "normal" everyday agility is just the 274 from the boost. Agents aren't always on hand for feline grace, and stats in implants is usually not the most effective cluster to have in. Suppose i find a decus coat that has my exact max of 342 requirement (don't know this for sure, but whatever), will put me just at being "overquipped". Since when is one buff and some implants overquipping? That's just silly. It's very easy for a lvl80 to find an agent to cast feline grace (very easy to cast), and very easy to find the money for three simple implants. Why is this considered overquipping? ANY lvl80 character could do the same. The people who whine about my coat must not know how to play the game! Another slightly longer example, so I'll shorten it a bit, is with armor. In my case I have chosen to stay with omni pol, str/sta based, as I spend IP on these each level, and there are good buffs in this line to help me equip them. I can get +12 from a boost, +20 from a doc casting Iron Circle, +17 more from an enforcer casting essence of cyclops, +16 more from concrete pillows, and again about +50 from lvl70 implants. One buff myself, two that are *easy* to get, just drop by BB in ent anytime and tip someone for them (again, things accessible to any player willing to bother), and a relatively common item (can't afford to buy it? Spend the time at the mission term and get one yourself, or spend that time getting money, and buy one). This lets me get into gear *way* over the 20% line........how are a couple buffs and some easy implants overequipping? Any player could accomplish this, it doesn't take "guild mates and 'friends for hire'" as mentioned Gaute Godager's message. It requires time and effort, as all thing in AO do. Time and effort is what should be rewarded, not whining by newbies and just plain stupid people unable to play the game. If you can't figure out how to get two nanos cast on you and how to get one item (x2), then you're beyond the help of some silly over-equipping patch. These people will always just plain be worse at AO. So will the people who haven't figured out that certain weapons at any QL are just plain worse than others. There's a reason you see so many enforcers using dual riders or a beam. Should funcom nerf beams becasue some newb is pissed he doesn't have one? No! They shoudl tell the newb to learn from his mistakes, and start thinking about how he can buff his 2hb. The list goes on and on. In summation: players who either have greater skill, or spend more time playing, will always be better than those who have not, or do not. To attempt to "level the playing field" to make up for the shortcomings of others is a slipperly slope at best, and a tragic end to a great game at worst. Please read harrison bergeron, please understand that going down to the lowest common denominator is a recipie for disaster and please don't end up putting this patch into the game. I've really enjoyed the last 8 days and 10 hours of /played. I hope that you receive enough feedback (this included) to cause you to rethink your error.

P.S. If I was a trader, I'd have a 10x as long explination of why this new rule would completely devalue my class. Under the current system traders can make a ton of money and are very sought after for +132 wrangles. Under the proposed system, wrangles become useless. It is totally rediculous to think that people are actually going to try and maintain a wrangle on at all times, just plain silly.

Thanks for the last couple of months, it was fun while it lasted.
    >>

I applaud this, only real problem is If I see people raising skills max for title so to speak, then resetting an ability that depends on it.

Depends if you "Reset" or are just allowed to take it back 1 pt at a time.

All in all this IS good, although I do feel for players (ok ok fixers) who will need a buff that doesnt exist to be able to use their MCS at full effeciency (Ql200)

And a lesser extent edged enforcers - the brutal thug line etc will mean much higher QL blunts than blades, as you can keep it "a little bit" self buffed and working fine. MOreso than blades etc.

Anyway, time will tell, thumbs up from me.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Well

Call it what you will , not all OE players have exploited. Now, Ill make it simple for you guys 100 and below. Leveling for you is going to be very slow . Why, cause you get small armor , small weapons. don't be fooled by promisses of weeker mobs. I guess you'll be cute, at lease till 75 ..then .. your dog MEAT. This is a major game change !Why else do you think there pushing an IP reset with it!!.. Come on!! Good news for higher levels we are pretty much golden.

FYI:
    Why don't you take a good look at all the buffs in the game . I mean can you really, Tell me after reseaching the buffs that this game was not ment for OE!! Please don't give me some crazy answer . Read the buffs.. research them. I don't need anyone below level 100 players telling me about OE and how it fubars the game.

anyway i vented..

Am i the only one who this this patch bites the big one? Ah well, ill go back to my little person who earned all his money the same way everyone else has, and actually likes his 132 wrangles and such. this saddens me, what was that patch 12.6? why not name it 14.6 skip .4 places. There will be mass exodus again. Im afraid its including me this time. (and no you cant have my stuff)

Question Would AO change the game the players made it?

I have played almost every profession they have and yes they are all used to help each other over equip. This is the system the players made it and it is the way the players like it. This is obvious because we all keep doing it. They may have reduced the ac of the mobs some but I haven't noticed any real differance. Without the overequipping most characters may not be able to survive the new AO.

Another thing is why have they just now envisioning the capability of IP reset. You know, I almost never read the forums because I hear what the players think by talking to them in game and I have never heard anyone cry "Why do they let people over equip, it's killing my fun here." Funny though cause I have heard from a majority of the players I talk to, "Gee when are they gona come out with an IP reset?" Well I know it is probably a difficult task to do the IP reset and they probably did do their best about it but why have they put the removal of a benefit to the game world like overequipping up there with finaly getting the much awaited ip reset?

Well, all the same with the rescent patches they have come out with they are doing a good job so far, alot better with their improvements than most massive onliners that I have seen. Good work AO! I will just have to wait it out on the OE issue after everyone complains about it after the patch.

Much love everyone
    ~Jinjinn, General EntropyDawn

Okay i saw enough to post my opinion now =)

Okay here goes, lets talk about over equipping.

There are a couple of aspects, you forget here FC:

1) Over equipping was there since the beginning, therefore it kinda ballanced itself, becouse of lack of solution, FC's side made mobs much harder. (taking part of their AC away does not make them hit for less AND we get to wear weaker armor YIPPY am thrilled.

2) It has become a part of the game to clever use your implant slots and bufs to equip a gun far above your lvl, there is skill in that (strategy), sooo this has become a enjoyable part of your game FC.
    You are taking this fun out of the game and again listen to whiners who are not smart enough to play the game.

3) Agents, you prommiss so much but yet you take away the only thing they had left namly : their RIFLE.
    You prommiss but donot diliver yet take away the rest......
    This proffession is finished now point, their is no way in the world you can fix this class after this over equipping patch.

4) Traders wrangles for money is useless, alot traders wil stop playing or start other proffessions.
    This reminds me of Everquest were they took away the constant healing effect of a breastplate for Clerics.
    Verant regrets doing so until today, 1000's of players left Everquest and guess what ? they were all Clerics, you are makin the same mistake FC.

5) Question: Did you realy think i would play my 114 Engineer when i know that a yellow mob trader in a mission wil render my pet useless ? I think not you ??? Proffession KILLED

6) I can go on and on and on , not even wanne talk about Enforcers, Soldiers, Fixers etc.

I have warned you about patch number 12.6 , said that country's of agents would leave and they did.
    Now i warn you again for patch 14.2, bud it seems that you as a company have not learned from the past, and ruining your own game.
    I care about Anarchy and i think its a shame.

Stabber.

InI think the 14.2 patch is a genious thing by Funcom.

Good way to handle the overequipping indeed and a good way to handle the treatment exploit with the removal of all implants if wanting to IP-relocate.

Way to go FC, good work!
    Whitedread was born on Fri Jul 6 19:52:15 2001 and retired from Rubi-Ka on Thu Nov 27 18:00:00 2003.

Barko, Master Creature Handler in Ancarim Iron Legion, Kettemoor Galaxy (Starwars Galaxies)

Thumbs down what about fighting traders in missions or pvp?????????

what about fighting traders in missions or pvp????

This will really hurt pet classes while ransack skills is in effect.

I realize this occurs after the current fight completes, but in PvP a traders would most likely develop a tactic of just fleeing and prematurely terminate the fight, causing the pet users pet to not respond to commands, then come back and finish the job on the hapless pet caster.

Hmm does that seem fair ????

I like this patch idea for the most part, but I don't think it unfairly targets pet casters and I don't think they should be affected while weapons and armor should be.
    Last edited by Healios; Mar 12th, 2002 at 02:15:33.

Originally posted by Akasha
    have you pvp'd at all? since when does equipment do EVERYTHING....
    Nope, I haven’t PvP’d much. I am referring to PvE. But as for PvP, casters can’t use their nanos at all when they don’t meet the requirements. How can you argue the weapons users should be treated by a separate set of rules? Either no skill checks after something is equipped or skill checks for everything, all the time. That is only fair. A debuff should affect the all equally.

As for PvE, I’m talking about the people that are only limited by the spawn rate of the mobs. There is no strategy. Trying to get them to pull is a waste of their time. Crowd control is a secondary concern and when you talk about aggro management they glaze over. They have no needs of such things. Tell me you have not been in groups like that. I’ll admit that this occurs less often at higher levels because the mobs will tear you a new one if you are stupid. But then again, the OE nerf doesn’t really affect the higher level players that much anyway.

and for your comment on the ratio, that just furthers your ignorance...the way everything is sorting out, those for the patch, those against it...it's like polling twelve year old kids on legalizing drugs...they don't know, and haven't had the life experience to make an informed decision...

i'm saying ask those higher lvls NOT BECAUSE they understand twinking more...but understand the game more (or life in the analogy)
    What I was saying, in not such a tactful way, was that if people think that threatening to quit over this has any influence over Funcom they are mistaken. The number of people in favor of the patch is much greater than the people against it. Funcom would piss more people off by not putting it in.

Btw, nice elitist tone you’ve got going there. You are going to win a lot of people over with that.

I am speaking on behalf of the higher lvl players, as hopefully one day you'll be. Take our advice. It's not a good idea. like i said, if you don't believe, try lvling some more. you'll regret what you say. i hope you're under lvl 75...cuz if you aren't, think of having your equipment gimped, and then you fight a lvl 120 and get your ass handed to you because the 120 meets the req's...."yea that's how it should be" you might say...but at least now, WITH STRATEGY, a lvl 100ish can stand up to 150...it's not out of the question...bring in the new patch, yer screwed in pvp from 75-120, period.
    Level 108 here. It’s not high level, but it is high enough considering that Funcom said that it should be a big deal to hit level 100. I can speak for the levels that the majority of people will spend their time at.

I am not seeing your point. If a twinked level 75 runs into a twinked level 120, he is still screwed. You are also punching holes in your previous statement that the equipment was not that important. If equipment didn’t matter much, then why couldn’t the lower level simply use better strategy to win? I’d much prefer a game where a level 75 beat a level 120 because he outsmarted his opponent, rather than because he could get better buffs a week ago.

p.s. since when do we get punished for having friends do us favors (i.e. buffs)
    Since when does the OE change punish you for having friends to buff you? If anything it helps people who have friends in the game. If you can adventure with people who will buff you, you will not be affected but the OE nerf at all. This change promotes grouping.

Angry no! not again!

just leave the pets alone! its all we have!

we all know that when something is lowered, everything else has to as well to keep things in balance, OE gets killed then all the OE people will be put into normal standards, but this will also put the normal equpiers as under equipers.
    and then this will only happen again and again and again.
    these reduclious demands and ideas start from newbies that just dont know how to play, thusly attempting to drag the experienced players down to there level.
    then the GM's have to listine to the demands, and respond to the overwhelming demands of newbs. this happened to ultima, and will also happen to AO.

people that are experienced in ao will find these new damands to be reduclious. they will only take from the gameplay, and take from the games members. this will cuase most experienced members to leave and will leave the game with only its newer members who will be happier with the way they have ruined things. thusly a re inactment of UO!

the results of all this shall lead to another good game gone bad by the power of the newb.
    Last edited by Phelisha; Mar 12th, 2002 at 02:18:41.

Originally posted by Morgoth
    Man, do you all have any idea of how many players are gonna quit? well me neither..but please, in my guild alone we are talking 4-5 veteran players and many more low lvls.....

If they don't do this - I know just as many that will quit....

great patch/idea funcom!

Lightbulb well think about it though

this could either clean the game of all experienced players, or purify it of complainers that only want there way.
    i see this patch as a clean up job that can go either way.

Wow, 25 pages already? Where did the time go...

To repost a simplified version of the official formula for people:
    (buffed stats) <= (0.8)*(required stats)

or go pure integer and multiply both sides by 10 =)

Possible disaster scenario:

1. The nasty sync problem between the client and server (which frankly I'd rather they concentrate on) results in your pets thinking the fight is over and whoops, your buffs ran out, and the pets are going to go stare at that wall...and the dead mob proceeds to kill you.

2. Weapon and pet code gets jumbled, and weapons start saying "I can't do that, master" when debuff hits. Pets make out of ammo noises while they hover behind you.

To add to the fire....

This seems to me to be a topic that gets everyone a little steamed, either you are for the oe changes or against. what do I think about this? well let me tell you. long ago, maybe 6 or 7 months, there was a budding little agent, ignorant of her world, didnt have enough money to buy a better gun or was even familiar with how to use implants/buffs to become more effective..eventually this poor agent died a lot, a whole lot, but did this little agent get mad? no sir, she talked to higher level agents, learned that there were buffs out there to boost her rifle skill, and some agents even gave her more powerful rifles, then our little agent learned about this thing called wrangling, "what"s that" our little agent asked because that was such a funny sounding word, "this will let you put on an even bigger rifle my dear girl" said the friendly trader. our little agent smiled because she was able to put on a much moire powerful rifle. Eventually our little agent went on to learn about implant, and ncus, and how to raise her skills so that no mob would ever kill her again.

Fast forward a bit, after some months of playing, our agent was very knowledgable about how to use buffs to their maximum advantage, so she spread her knowledge on to her friends, the agents, the enforcers, the soldiers, showing them how to use super powerful weapons using buffs that were "available to all" our agent was glad that she didn't have to put her other characters through the same noob heck she went through.

what is the moral of this story you ask? if a person has gone through the trials by fire, been through the crappy stage where we wore mismatch low ql armor and weapons that couldn't tickle a leet, why subject them to weapons that reduce in effectiveness and pets that won't respond to attacks after they have learned how to "improve" their characters a great deal? hats off to the engineer who can use a warbot at level 50, hats off to the level 70 soldier who can use a ql 160 novafow, it shows you have learned to play the game to your advantage using what items are available to you. If fc didn't want you wrangling that bot and getting mochams buffs out the wazoo then umm.. shouldn't they have fixed that before shipping the game?, waiting almost a year after it comes out when everyone is used to the system and then saying "whoops we made a mistake" seems like bad business to me.

Now I know people are going to read this, and say hey, OE is a bad thing,I am glad fc is fixing it, however I test you to find out who these people really are, most likely they are the level 50 soldiers getting ganked in pvp because they are using ql 40 novaflows and ql 30 armor, or are the mps, crats and engis who pets con green to them, I am not saying that all people aho disagree with oe are gimps, some of you may be good players, however I am saying the majority of those who complain are the ones who can't afford that ql 200 nova, or vektor, or demon pet and what have you.or have no idea how to put it on.

if Fc seriously didn't want us to over equip armor for example, why make all of these "legit" ways to buff your strength stamina? let me run you a list, iron circle, docs cast this, adds 20 to strength stam, enforcers have the essence line, the most popular is essence of cyclops, usually the easiest one to get, adds 17, but can go as high as 27 on the more high level enforcers. next up, concrete cushions, those cuddly low ql treats we can't live without, a pair of these puppies will boost your strength stamina yet another 16 points, and let's not forget the less used but not forgotten air craft carrier, it adds 100 to strength? ummm no one at fc saw this before? why would a vehicle add 100 to strength? these are just a few examples, the insane amount of buffs applies to weapons as well, and even pets, and I won't even bother to talk about the specialty items some npcs drop. in addition, OE isn't exploiting, it's a way of life, the ones who complain about OE obviously have never had to hunt solo in missions, or in groups at higher levels otherwise they would know that you need a weapon several qls above your skill just to scratch green mobs, pets as well, I have a level 124 mp, roughly using ql 150ish nano armor, has decent evades, and doing a normal difficulty mission gets hit for maybe 200 points a pop, now calculate that she's a nanomage with roughly a little over 2k hit points, with implants mind you, nanomages just can't take hits, luckily pet takes the aggro, but it's "red" to me so it balances out. I feel sorry for the enforcers and soldiers who's job it is to take hits and draw aggro cause when their armor reduces in effectiveness along with their weapons...well..let's just say that I'll hide behind cacodemon ~

please do not break my game

do not ruin this game for me
    either by changing the rules of the world I live in so drastically that I don't know how to cope any longer, or by making my dearest friends feel useless, betrayed and violated.

how would you do that? by making it so that the ql 170 shotgun i self-equip with minimal implants at lvl 95 doesn't do even the pathetic damage it's been doing against AC'd mobs lately. By making my good engineer friends quit en masse... by creating a situation that will lead to a nerf of my own profession...

the number of people who will cancel if this goes through is FAR larger than the boards indicate. who will go if this is not put into effect?

everyone who is in favor of the patch *is in favor of it because they will not be directly effected*

well will your friends be? will they leave because for the last time FC has made them lose faith?

look, there are numerous *serious* game-balancing issues associated with this over-equipping proposal... and FC has not answered a single questoin about them. what will the role of traders be? will our wrangle line be re-made into something useful? WHY are you doing ip reclaim before patching professoins and introducing weapons? people will only mis-spend ip again when you change the rules...

think. test. listen to your players. you made this world, but we live in it

don't make me quit a game that i've come to enjoy...

but i'm leaving if this goes through. I can't stand to watch the friends i've made since 12.6 all leave... 12.6 was heartbreaking. I'm not going through that again

yeah, i know, since when does an emotional plea from a sleepy trader accomplish anything? I'll stop with the melodrama... but PLEASE do not break my game

Zyxlquith

lvl 97 (i think?) Trader and acting president of Omni Shadow Ops

Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434475 ... LastLast