Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Originally posted by Damion666

lol.... looks like people are going to see what its like for nts now... hehehehehe... i think im gonna go start work on a trader now... their gonna own.
    Traders already ownz, u try and hit with your weapon's crit when your weapon skills are down by over 150 points when only facing a lvl 38
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

Roller your missing the point with this.

"I have been playing since 12.6 ( the ultimately horrible patch ) so I have to say that I don't have much faith in them (FC) changing things for the better. A soldiers life blood is over equipping. What is Funcom smoking if they think I can kill a QL 104 mob with a QL 104 nova flow. "

Mobs will be scaled down roller. Their hps will be reduced from what they were raised too during the early 11.0-12.0 days when fc found out how overequipers could kill mobs with 2 hits. Red mobs with 3 hits etc etc. So yes you will be able to kill a 104 mob with a 104 nova.

Cya

Well, I know that by the time I'm next on, there's gonna be over 500 posts, Cz is gonna announce another board downtime so that he can get upto speed on this one, I can see it already, lol

Hope u all post your flames here first before u cancel
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

OK so I am going to have to do 50% missions now with my engineer, even though FC says you can solo this whole game if you want to. The way I see it making level will be kinda like counting to a million, it will take forever and you will never get there.
    Now for items, instead of paying for a wrangle you will be paying even more money for items that you can't get on your own because you are stuck doing missions at 50%. Might as well buy items in the shop up to QL125 because you won't find anything in missions other than your level.
    With this patch I might as well go back to playing Diablo 2 and wait for Star Wars Gallaxies to come out. I thought the whole intrigue to this game was that you had to think about what you were doing. It took me time and planning to make my char the way I wanted them. Now instead of planning I am going to sit in mindless 50% missions for loot at my level. Thanks but no thanks. I know of 5 more accounts you will be losing.

Players not being able to get aggro off of Docs
    Funcom did just introduce Da Taunter right. I don’t see this as being a big deal. Doctors and groups that know how to manage aggro will do just find. The only ones hurt will be the players that have no clue how to do it. Once again the knowledgeable players will be better off

Shure they introduced the taunter... But what it should be called is "da bugger". its so very bugged i don't bother using it anymore.

~ 1. it usually heals more then it damages (bugged)

~ 2. it stops my attack bar at the end of, causing a pause ( im not going to wait 2 extra seconds when my attack as an enforcer is already slow)

~ 3. it aggores maybe 40% of the time, and usually when u really rely it on it (when the doc is being beatin down) it don't work

~ 4. if u use it in a room, you'll aggroe everything in the whole
    area, including closed door areas

~ 5. Mobs have absorb shields for radiation, causing them to absorb the damage, therefore nothing happens.

~ 6. Not only does it stop your attack bar, but it also re-initiates the mob's attack bar, meaning that if u time it right, instead of it aggroeing YOU, it will aggroe the first person to hit it after you've just used "da-taunter" on him

~ 7. If this is device is called "DA-TAUTER!!" why when we use it, we just tap our finger in the air like we are opening a backpack. No kidding why nobody gets aggroed. we should do some aggroing notion like "BRING IT!" or something...

anyways i got carried away... but to reply to the previous quote. Docs are gonna have it a lot worse now, since our crits are going to be minimized.

------------------------------------------
    This patch would be ideal if the overequiping wasn't part of it and if NCU's weren't a part of the IP whipe.

ACK gotta take out all my implants and ncus !!! dam... u know how big of a process that is ?

1. take out all ncus' (make sure u have lots of room in inv)
    2. move all ncus in backpack including 6 slot
    3. take off all armor (ack!)
    4. move all armor in backpacks
    5. take out all implants (ack 2x's!)
    6. move all implants in backpacks
    7. ip reallocate
    8. put in implants for comp lit
    9. put back ncus
    10. take out comp lit implants
    11. put in treatment implants
    12. re-put your normal implants
    13. take out treatment implants and put the last few implants
    14. put on armor, after buffs
    15. put weapon back on

---------------------------

THis would be a lot easier if i diddn't have to do my freakin' ncus each time. You think im going to do this every time i level when i get more IPR?? ack... no thanks those are 15 steps id like not to do.

maybe u should think twice on the ncus or somehting... or maybe the armor?... i dunno but all those steps are totally a killer man.

-einstin3 level 50 doc retired
    -lots of of other lowbies/testers

Thumbs up It seems like a good idea, but...

Great plan, good motive, but did you ever stop to think why most of us overequip?

Yea, I'm guilty of it, though I didn't use a single exploit. Got my Sledge of Doom on at L76. Easy Brutal Thug buff, Premium Team Wrangle, and Mighty Challenger to Gargantua with QL50 implants. Funny, eh?

However, have I ever PvPed with this character? No. Not yet, probably don't plan on it until way later. So, why did I overequip? Here's a clue: Ever fought out there in the wild? Seen how VERY ineffective you are VS even the simplest green mobs? Yea, there's your reason. Even overequipping armor, you're meat to 75% of the monsters out there. And it only gets harder the higher level you go.

With L130 armor on, an L170 Enf NPC still smacked me over the head for 500-900 a hit. Wow. What a difference overequipping made, eh? Sure as hell didn't save me from that little bat in his hands VS my sledge that hits for 2000, but I barely see a hair drop off his health.

So, what does this all mean? To sum it all up, here's it in a nutshell:
    Overequipping, in a sense, is essential. The monsters are too rough for us to handle, most of the time, even in teams. You don't really feel that much of a sense of, "I have really become stronger," if you still need a team to take out the simplest monsters. I fight Lesser Woodwolves on occassions (con: green), and I STILL die to them due to their simple overwhelming attack speed VS mine. Even Lifebleeders can almost kill me... still. Yea, I know, pretty sad. Ask all those L150+ players if they can solo yellow mobs. You might be suprised (then again, probably not) as most of them willingly say, "No, the mobs have too much health/do too much damage."

Solution:
    Why can't you just make monsters easier? There's a greater sense of accomplishment in a player if they find that they DON'T need to overequip to win PvM, let ALONE, having to join teams to kill yellow/green mobs (exception to this rule: bosses/unique mobs).

Kudos on the IP idea, though. =)

Hey, here's a twist! Seeing how most good hunting Zones are Political.
    Hows this for a situation:

1) Group laying about working hard to level them selves at a half
    decent rate. Oh say. 3 Pet Classes. 2 Engineer and a Crat.
    Crat can effectivly calm adds while the Engineer's Pets.
    do the slaughtering.
    2) A oposite fraction Trader happens to wander by.
    (Oh this could get ugly)
    3) Plunders each Player with a minor plunder so as to effectivly
    not waste much nano.
    4) Player says to their teammate, "Quick /pet terminate and
    summon the gray bot and attack him hard!"

Simple plunder will rob any Pet Class from their Orange Pet.

Originally posted by Takuan

Hmm let see

Vatawna - still plays
    Gunnandahalf - still plays
    Garzu - still plays
    Seoman - still plays
    Hratgard - still plays
    Nano0 - still plays
    Nikkidial - still plays

Kushinada - still plays

Snarf - quit
    Besheba - quit

Those are the ones I know about, of course I'm guilded with most of the ones that still play. Who are you talking about?
    most are just finishing subscritions

Angry

this is a total wast, the game is gonan go to crap from this, this will cuase a tremendous loss of members and money for funcom.

trader class is dead now, engineers and MP's are crap, and enforcers will be rediculiously weak compared to before.

the only classes this will benifit is the hardcore melee fighter types.
    my friend is lvl 50, has a lvl 111 vektor, now this sounds reducliously unfair, BUT when you fight stuff yellow to orange, then yous till get yer arskies handed to you.
    an engineer without a high lvl pet, is worthless. they lack armor, they take damage like crap, and deal it just as badly.

ppl twink in this game, becuase they have to, if they dont, then they arent strong enough to fight anything.
    the monsters are overpowered in this game, not the people, if you want to doa nything then fix them first, or else your only harming the game before healing it.

twinking.... hah, its not twinking, its the game. it was designed like this, thusly it is not exploiting it.

the only class un affected like this is the NT.
    infact they will probably be the most powerfull, being able to deal there usual insane damage.

before you adress new issues you have to deal with the old ones.

and if this goes through, and my engineer, and doc, are completly ruined due to utter crap as such, then i might as well go abck to playing Ultima Online.
    i left that game and came to anarchy becuase the GM's in it wernt incompitant.
    in UO, they amde a newb land for newbs, that everyone moved to, they made factions for wars, that everyone joined.
    thusly ruining the days of the bounty hunters (such as myself)
    they also added a power hour which ment you couldnt gain for crap anymore.

this thusly newbifyed the game, making it into crap.

dont make the same mistakes as them! please! this is the last good game out there! dont make the same mistakes as so many before you!

Question my thoughts (they are important =)

This is going to be a very interesting patch. I've been playing since Beta 3 and this is the most influential patch i've ever seen. Countless numbers of people overequip (including myself) and its all going to end up balancing out now. It seems now that the game would fall to the skill of players, but i'm not sure how the skill would work. I mean you automatically shoot, all you have to do is hit the special attack buttons and have as many positive buffs on you. A level 50 soldier will be just like every other level 50 soldier (its almost like that now except for the not everyone knows how to overequip the same way. I do believe that game will lose a certain aspect of fun (overequipping has fun whether you think about it or not) but with all the new dungeons and gameplay additions (TEAM MISSIONS) we should be just fine. I mean besides, most of the stuff even far over our levels that we fight still does minimum or close to minimum damage even with less armor, really. I've tested it out, took off some armor. Anyway this is just my thoughts. The game will change, and i think it will be good, even though we'll be even more cloned =) Hey maybe that means we'll get more professions/breeds! WOO! =)

As a Newb

EG

The no. of people that could have played the game for 8 hours since this post started should tell u how much u need to rethink

As a newb well lvl80 trader *shrugs* the reason I stayed this long is because of the challange. I am sick and tired of CUT and DRIED templets offered with game such as Ultima Online. The thing I found most interesting with AO was the difficulty of play and most imortantly the OE aspect of the game. I also enjoy the team effort that AO imploys in it's basic play design.

Now as for UBER characters blasting me to death in one volley, SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!! I love it! On the other hand whats the alternative? Another lame platform like Ultima Online were two people duel for an hour and finally throw thier arms in the air or basically run out of resources and call a draw, BAH! Been there done that, and dumped seven accounts

AO and the peeps that dwell within fail to see that this type of game offers NO real holding powers. Unlike it's competitors that offer homes, castles, towers that can be exchanged for R/L cash, substantial amounts I might add! AO offers only one thing and that is intelligent and mature play mechanics. For myself and many others I have brought with me to the game, dumbing it will quickly send us back to were we came from *Smiles* And without any real property AO will be a short memory if any, Pffffft.

If PvP is what you want (And the cause of nerfin) then LEARN from the MASTERS and compete at thier level. Nerfing will only reduce it to stalmates UO has proved this! I personally DO NOT want to be Uber in a week. However I would like the ability to BUFF into that lvl as time and credits allow!

All I keep thinking about is how my 80 Trader is buffed intoa LvL 110 shotgun with ranged energy and fling shot but yet I can hardly manage to defeat a AI that is green, LOL. Since I have no plans to PvP anytime soon this patch will only serve to make my templet a townie or a THREE MINUTE group refresh grunt.

WOW lotsa fun there *Rolls Eyes*

Originally posted by Phelisha
    this is a total wast, the game is gonan go to crap from this, this will cuase a tremendous loss of members and money for funcom.

trader class is dead now, engineers and MP's are crap, and enforcers will be rediculiously weak compared to before.

the only classes this will benifit is the hardcore melee fighter types.
    my friend is lvl 50, has a lvl 111 vektor, now this sounds reducliously unfair, BUT when you fight stuff yellow to orange, then yous till get yer arskies handed to you.
    an engineer without a high lvl pet, is worthless. they lack armor, they take damage like crap, and deal it just as badly.

ppl twink in this game, becuase they have to, if they dont, then they arent strong enough to fight anything.
    the monsters are overpowered in this game, not the people, if you want to doa nything then fix them first, or else your only harming the game before healing it.

twinking.... hah, its not twinking, its the game. it was designed like this, thusly it is not exploiting it.

the only class un affected like this is the NT.
    infact they will probably be the most powerfull, being able to deal there usual insane damage.

before you adress new issues you have to deal with the old ones.

and if this goes through, and my engineer, and doc, are completly ruined due to utter crap as such, then i might as well go abck to playing Ultima Online.
    i left that game and came to anarchy becuase the GM's in it wernt incompitant.
    in UO, they amde a newb land for newbs, that everyone moved to, they made factions for wars, that everyone joined.
    thusly ruining the days of the bounty hunters (such as myself)
    they also added a power hour which ment you couldnt gain for crap anymore.

this thusly newbifyed the game, making it into crap.

dont make the same mistakes as them! please! this is the last good game out there! dont make the same mistakes as so many before you!
    I hear that DAoC has a really incredibly in depth system for sewing...

"All weapons more than 20% over-equipped will have DamageBonus, DamageMin and DamageMax reduced with 25%. (DamageMax is the base maximum damage of your weapon. DamageMin is the base minimum damage of your weapon.)"

Hell, minimum damage is a farkin joke already.

This is what they get for 1-mo beta 4

Ya know, this is what FC gets for having their extensive beta 4 period, an entire month. It was only a matter of time before something like came up. You reap what you sow..

Whether you are for this or against it, it does not change the fact that this will change the way AO is played. ITS TOO LATE for changes like this - for good or bad. It is a fundamental change in the way we develop and live out our characters, our alter-egos for that matter. Making this type of change is like saying:

---------------------------------

"We are going to change the laws of physics because:

1) America has planes that can fly over mach 3 and countries like Chad and Ethopia are starting to grasp the concept of the Wright brothers - We never intended to have a mere 200-yr old country to have mach 3 planes.

2) Russia has sattelites flying in a geo-synchronous orbit at 125 mi above the earth, and China only has them flying at 25 mi up, unable to be in geo-synch orbit - thats just not fair to China

So we are going to change the laws of physics to let all the countries with less developed technology to be the same as the others"

(sorry to pick on certain countries - no offense intended)

-----------------------

ITS TOO LATE!!!! People - FC devs - Fellow Gamers: Its to darn late to make these drastic changes - This is what you get for having a mere month long beta

C'mon FC - Take it like a man!!

P.S. Does any of this matter anyways - who the heck is going to stay in AO when Star Wars Galaxies comes out.... I mean really now... Its Star Wars....

You go funcom don't listen to these whiners do the oe patch 14.0 not 14.2

my main is a 112 crat on rk2( MrBill Say hi all)
    now at 112 for some wierd reason i can still kill oranges, go figure with nothing but my expertise buffed crat bot which we all know sux balls compared to even leveled mp and engi bots. well maybe more hp than an mp balloon.

i see the oe patch changing the way the game is played. groups will no longer fight l200 mobs at l100 which does a means a few good things.

1. ma's who complain about doing min dmg guess what will do more than min more.(and dont say you do min dmg against greens and yellows as i have a 112 crat with seriously sub par ma skills that does more than min dmg against greens and yellows)

2. crats will actually have a job(well hoping fc reduces mob lethality.) actually change that.
    CROWD CONTROL will mean something. Might actually have to come up with some strategy to massacre those ql200 mobs

3. debuffing may mean something( debuffing a ql200 mob meant he still used ql180 nanos on you -- not really hopefully they tweak this a bit also) i think fc changed debuffing a bit recently. in the last two days while playing my trader after depriving/ransacking a mob it would hit softer and DID NOT CAST NANO's. i tested this last night also, with deprive/ransack no cast, with one or the other maybe cast, with neither i was always rooted/dotted/snared/reclaiming. also hehe MA using trader is sweet after the deprive/ransack

fc please increase time of deprive/ransack/wrangles i can see doing nothing but mashing deprive/ransack wrangle buttons after 14.2 with my trader.
    also for the traders whining about wrangles stop it you know if you deprive then wrangle you actually only lose a few points in skill.
    if you deprive and ransack you still end up with more skill than you wrangled.

4. people may move out of the missions and back to the world to hunt. has anyone but me noticed 90% of the zones in game are devoid of people even on rk1. go to perp waste or sfh/efp/strets and such, see how many ppl are actually there. hehe even in galway its kinda barren.

yes leveling will probably slow down a good bit post 100 but who cares( don't flame me please please i'm beggin) i think we need to add more of an eq style element to the game. you know planning to kill those super big mobs or a 30 minute fight to kill the boss mob instead of 20 seconds. I mean come on, i like leveling but right now it feels like everyone is on a mad dash to 200.

couple notes fc,
    1. i would think you might want to reduce the xp loss when dying after 14.2. if it takes me ~3 million to level at 112 and i'm no longer fighting l180~200ish mobs(read 50-75k apop) and i'm fighting say10 to 20k mobs whihc instead of 4 hours to level takes me say 2 days wouldn't you think losing ALL THE XP if you died would be a bit much.
    those are just numbers folks i didn't add anything up so don't go pulling out your calcs

2. PLEASE PLEASE reduce the lethality of mobs accordingly. everything is balanced with oe in mind so don't forget to remove that extra dmg when you do the patch.

i'm sure there are plenty of other things but i can't handle typing anylonger

ps. hey fc need anymore programmers i'm sick of all this industrial programming

Re: I am out of here...

Originally posted by Rolller
    A soldiers life blood is over equipping. What is Funcom smoking if they think I can kill a QL 104 mob with a QL 104 nova flow.

Not really disputing this, but I'd just like to add that if your weapos aren't overequipped you can go back to the steiner alpha then switch to the nova for regular fights.

Not a soldier, so if this is way off base I appologize.
    Chris "Councilor" Sandine
    In statesmanship, get the formalities right; never mind about the moralities.
    1. An official of a bureaucracy.
    2. An official who is rigidly devoted to the details of administrative procedure.

MOB HIT POINTS--They are insane

If you lower the Hit points of monsters in the game to be on par with players BEFORE your proposed patch of doom i doubt you will lose anybody. BUT if you go ahead with patch and don't adjust mobs to realistic levels you will have an exodus from the game that will make patch 12.6 look good

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Intra
    ok,

over equipping, I guess I will wait anf see how it effects the game. only thing that I could see in regards to this was that Gaute mentioned that mob AC had already been reduced in 13.8 by 60%.
    Well at least it is possible to play without being overequiped. I always use weapon i can use without any buff, same for implants (as i get them all the time, with or without buff). I think this rule of overequipment is good for playing.

Actually, you just see in chat things like "some to buff me plz?"

And it would make PvP easier. I didn t any PvP since i ve seen one where a low level win against a high level just because of being overequiped.

But as you said, we will wait and see. But i approve this new rule

Originally posted by Akasha
    For you to *assume* those that twink buy money from ebay and got all their info off of a website is ignorant.

For your argument that there is a 1:10 ratio of people that are against:for the OE patch, you are sadly mistaken. sure it's a 1:10 posting, but ask in game. Go to tir grid, or backyard 5 where you'll find people over lvl 30-50. Go to Home in broken shores. Find people who understand the game. And ask. Ask people who have been playing for at least 6 months and have chars over lvl 100. and i'm sure you'll find that there are MORE against the patch.

First of all I said OR. They got buffs from thier friends OR paid with eBay credits. Ok, I'll admit that that point is not accurate. Some people could earn millions with the uber twinked characters too.

Ignore the previous statement. I'm having fun at your expense. You are missing the point. The problem is that players want to uber twink the characters then go brain dead on strategy. They expect to win by equipment alone. The 20% skill cap still allows getting the better equipment but also means that you have to THINK when you fight. I make that point to counter all the people saying that the OE nerf is for the lazy people. The lazy people will still get creamed.

As for your "scientific" poll, I guess if you wanted to show that people were in favor leagalizing drugs you could take a poll of the prison population. After all they would know best about drug usage.

I stand by my statement and I didn't say it was a 1:10 ratio. I said it was much much bigger than a 1:10 ratio. Read that as "We won't miss you when you are gone".

Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414273 ... LastLast