Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: Re: Re: Funcome are you listening???

Originally posted by Wutto

wtf u on about?
    sorry, i think i read the post wrong. was that post aimed at funcom or me? lol

Originally posted by Akushin
    This is pretty sad really. AO was finally coming around. They were adressing proper problems and making all the right changes. I figured FC finally had a good thing going, and then this comes up. The last few months in RK have been fantastic and entirely enjoyable. Looks like thats about to come to an end.

Except for some more frequent lag/frame rate problems (introduced in 13.8 and 13.9), I and many friends have felt exactly the same way, akushin. Several guys here at work play (we are developers as well), and the furrowed eyebrows over this magnitude of change are disconcerting.

Still, this OE fix seems to more drastic on the sub-100 level players, because the guys over 90-100 really aren't affected too badly (the 20% over requirement is a large range at that point).

~Bravvo~
    ...your campaigning Crat...
    Accepting donations at all outlets!

Post Re: Re: Re: Re: Funcome are you listening???

Originally posted by Gokudan

lol, just the point that this flaming has been going on for over 8 hours and mostly the same people are still posting on here instead of playing the game before it goes to hell
    lol, ok

Exclamation

I am a bit mystified as to why buff nanos were incorporated into the game, only to have their use taken away (effectively) in 14.2

Oh, I agree that having an MP in a team to rebuff is nice..but what about the trader wrangles...are FC expecting a trader to run around in a team with his/her skills raped while he/she has constant three minute active wrangles on?

The whole point of implants/buffs/wrangles is to AUGMENT a players skills. If FC think this is an exploit, they must remember they designed it this way on purpose. EVERYONE can overequip and part of the fun of the game is trying to squeeze out as much as possible from your characters(apparently). Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly pro-OE and my characters probably don't qualify for the OE label, however, it is irksome to hear people bemoaning OE.

I recall a large and quite recent article from FC about designing a game which allows a player to solo up to 200. Now I ask you all, in truth, if you're character(s) cannot OE, do you believe you will be able to do this. I tell you this...by the time any of my eight chars hit 100 (some have already, some have not), none will be able to solo a mission that has 3 mobs in the entrance without having to spend a half hour zoning in and out of the mission...thats not my idea of fun.

And as for teaming, well, recently I seem to have spent a LOT of time sitting around looking for people to mission with....I would rather log than sit around....I would rather solo than log...if things continue as they are...and I don't have the option of turning to 'ubering up' to be able to solo....I might as well just log permanently....

A last thought...all the whinges I have heard are for PvP (my lvl 10 got wasted by a lvl 6...cry cry...)....why don't FC implement the changes for PvP areas but not mob areas...as a 'not interested at all' PvPer....this would be better for me.....

Sinval....

Not another 12.6 patch.. Watch the mass exit of ppl

Yes. From the makers of a Great Game that over the past 9 moths of its existence has seen a turn over like no other game in history.

The potential of AO has been Killed by the Its never ending un-thoughtful / untested patches.

As yourself this, How many of the people that started playing the game on its first days are around now?

How many people are sticking around month after month?

How many High lvl players have left the game and sold their accounts in the past few months because of lack of content? I know of dozens

Has Funcom Ever listened to what we the people who have paid for our accounts moth after month? No.

Does Funcom listen to whiners who don’t take the time to learn the game so that they can improve their characters? Yes! much more then us players who spend hours and hours trying to get that better weapon on or that next best armor by readying every description of every professions abilities. Yes they punish the people that are spending hours playing their game. While, they listen to people that will leave the game in a matter of a moth or 2 max.

FC if you did not know this, you did create the buffs and you allowed people to get buffed into armor and weapons and make pets. Now you going to punish people for being smart and spending hours learning your game.

This is not Communist China where everyone is equal. Well not even in a communist country are all people equal. People that are smart and put the effort into the game should not be on par with someone that just started. But this patch is just going to do that.

If I get killed in pvp, it only make me think more of how I can get better then the guy that killed me. But with this patch, its mindless. gankers will win every time.

And notice that FC has already decided that they are going to do this come hell or high water. And they do not care about anyone’s input. Except the whiners.. Because after all "its not fair that he killed me". So, the whiners noobs that don’t put any time into the game are getting rewarded. While, people that spend hours and hours in the game getting better and learning are being punished.

I remember my first characters. I made 4 of them. I made mistakes and I learned. Adv, Agent, Doc, Enforcer. And Learned from every one of the mistakes. And that made me think about what I was doing wrong. I asked questions, I learned and got better not by whining but learning. I am glad I got killed all the time. I am glad I wasted time on those characters and because of this all my new characters don’t have any IP wasted.

Ops my bad. I put over 300k in IP in tutoring and Trade skills so I could tutor people and it was working fine and I used it. But some people was exploiting a BUG and they nerfed the whole Tutoring thing rather then fix the bug. Now they fixed the bug and tutoring is still nerfed. Ok back on track.

This patch will piss off a great deal of veterans and make the noobs that will leave the game soon anyway happy.( hum what is wrong with that picture )

Ok .. here it goes

MPs:
    Not gona be affected. Why, we are self sufficient. our pets are only for ½ hour so the wrangler will not do us any good. And oh yeah.. MP’s will be even more of a buff whore then they are now.

NTs:
    With a +140 buff from an MP that will last 1 hour, will rule for that 1 hour.

Engineers:
    You are screwed if you cast a bot with outside buffs unless in a team.

Traders:
    PVP they will rule like no other.
    PvM they will suck for the most part like other ppl
    In teams unless they keep the wranglers chained and up to date they will not be wanted. And if they do chain the wranglers they are useless for fights since wranglers will diminish their abilities and “OEed”.

Crats:
    Same as Engineers. But at least they have nukes and maze and roots and with +140 buff from a MP they will rule also.

MA:

This will not effect them 1 bit. Get a buff from an MP cast your UVC/LMA cancel the MP buffs are you are set for the duration.

Enforcers, ADV, Solders, Agents
    Nerfed, nerfed, nerfed, nerfed. Why, because u use your weapons much more then any other profession.

So, basically the one thing that I see out of this patch is that MP’s will now be much more in demand then any other profession. Man I am asking to get nerfed. I will bet anyone that MP buffs will soon be self only just like Odens Eye.

FC ask your self this, How many new clients am I going to gain by putting in this idea. Zero is the answer. This no one that is wating for this patch so they can sign up.

How many paying veteran clients am I going to loose by putting in this patch.. 400+ I would guess.

How many paying veteran clients am I going to loose by NOT putting this patch.. Less then the people I will loose if you put it in.. If any at all.

Is the player community have other things that they are waiting for. Hell yes. Adv need lots of help, fixers, agents, Crats have a lots nanos problems. Visual bugs, etc etc, not to mention lack of content

So, I think your time is best spent addressing real issues rather then trying dumb down the game.

Well I don’t think FC will listen to me or any other person that is concerned and does not think these changes are good for the game. But hay, Hell could freeze.

And since I'll be going soon and everyone seems to still have ignored my posts on it

FC - Put a goddamn lvl cap on what u can equip if OE is bothering u so much
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

Talking

Same type of booths, different locations, ask how to get to Avalon or Broken Shores when u next log in, the cash at those places if u know where to find the missions is great
    Thnx for that
    If u don't like the game just f*** off and leave the rest of us to waste our money....
    http://www.anarchyonline.com/character/bio/d/1/name/Utrilla

good one

good one useananoman

Originally posted by Utrilla

Thnx for that
    heh, no prob, since they messed up the chest treasure system u may even get that QL 35 Yalmaha to fly inside a chest, u know the messed up price of 5 mill creds and I now have 2 because I found them in missions for lvl 35's

but all the unique armour seems to have disappeared to :/
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

Arrow

I am all for better rules concerning weapon, armor and some other use (you should not be able to use so easily 80 level above equipement).

But I hope you will do it so the rules will still be logical and coherent with themself.

MY POINT OF VUE

A more regular way of reducing weapon efficiency. Reduce damage by 0.9% per % of skill requierement. Reduce also every positive effect of a weapon by same rating (like skill bonus) if this bonus goes up with level. Also add a 0.1% per % of skill requierement to all negative effect, like the shoot/recharge time.

Same thing for armor, each % overequiped result in a -0.9% malus.

Don't make players loose control of their pet, they will cry to hell. Better make the pet not react to some order time to time. For exemple an "overequiped" pet would not strike from time to time in a battle. So they can still use a pet but sometimes the order is ignored. Same thing for anypet, a healing pet will not heal from time to time and so on. This bad control of the pet have to compensate they over power. So make the calculations yourself ; ).

Nanos are a harder subject. Having nanos not working at all when the skill is not requiered is crazy, as debuffs are too dangerous for them. After some thinking, the best way I see is to consider nanos as any other sort of weapon / armor... Reduce all the positive effects of each nano by 0.9% per % over requiered skill : damage, root/snare duration, healing, general duration, skill bonus, everything. Then add 0.1% to all negative effects : resistance, damage on caster, cripple or skills locks duration, time to cast/recharge, everything.

That say all for me, logical malus if you overequiped. No need to make hard calculation with a cap or malus every 20%, just that when you go over your current skills, then your weapon is just very slightly better than the one you should be able to use with your current skills. Same would go for armor, nano and everything else. Also note that a logarithmic curve would be better than a linear curve, as you would get even less bonus with very overequipped stuff.

Debuff question would also be solved, as you would be always able to use your usual equipement and nanos, they would just be less efficient.

Same goes for implants, not for the treatment skill needed but for the abilities needed. Treatment is used to equip implants, then ability is used to use implants. Like weapon or nano, each % you miss in the requiered ability make you loose 0.9% of the bonus.

NCU could be also considered like implants. The belt would have always the same effect, and the NCU component would have a malus if you miss in computer literature requiered.

Same goes for all other items, would it be a scope or a movement predictor.

Last word. A malus of 0.9% each % just over the requiered skill is certainly to straight. A nice curve would be much better, but not a simple "when you go over 20% then you loose 25%".

Sadly I am not a game designer : ) but maybe some of my thoughts could help...

Good luck and please don't make a mistake.

Re: Not another 12.6 patch.. Watch the mass exit of ppl

Originally posted by usananoman
    Yes. From the makers of a Great Game that over the past 9 moths of its existence has seen a turn over like no other game in history.

The potential of AO has been Killed by the Its never ending un-thoughtful / untested patches.

As yourself this, How many of the people that started playing the game on its first days are around now?

How many people are sticking around month after month?

How many High lvl players have left the game and sold their accounts in the past few months because of lack of content? I know of dozens

Has Funcom Ever listened to what we the people who have paid for our accounts moth after month? No.

Does Funcom listen to whiners who don’t take the time to learn the game so that they can improve their characters? Yes! much more then us players who spend hours and hours trying to get that better weapon on or that next best armor by readying every description of every professions abilities. Yes they punish the people that are spending hours playing their game. While, they listen to people that will leave the game in a matter of a moth or 2 max.

FC if you did not know this, you did create the buffs and you allowed people to get buffed into armor and weapons and make pets. Now you going to punish people for being smart and spending hours learning your game.

This is not Communist China where everyone is equal. Well not even in a communist country are all people equal. People that are smart and put the effort into the game should not be on par with someone that just started. But this patch is just going to do that.

If I get killed in pvp, it only make me think more of how I can get better then the guy that killed me. But with this patch, its mindless. gankers will win every time.

And notice that FC has already decided that they are going to do this come hell or high water. And they do not care about anyone’s input. Except the whiners.. Because after all "its not fair that he killed me". So, the whiners noobs that don’t put any time into the game are getting rewarded. While, people that spend hours and hours in the game getting better and learning are being punished.

I remember my first characters. I made 4 of them. I made mistakes and I learned. Adv, Agent, Doc, Enforcer. And Learned from every one of the mistakes. And that made me think about what I was doing wrong. I asked questions, I learned and got better not by whining but learning. I am glad I got killed all the time. I am glad I wasted time on those characters and because of this all my new characters don’t have any IP wasted.

Ops my bad. I put over 300k in IP in tutoring and Trade skills so I could tutor people and it was working fine and I used it. But some people was exploiting a BUG and they nerfed the whole Tutoring thing rather then fix the bug. Now they fixed the bug and tutoring is still nerfed. Ok back on track.

This patch will piss off a great deal of veterans and make the noobs that will leave the game soon anyway happy.( hum what is wrong with that picture )

Ok .. here it goes

MPs:
    Not gona be affected. Why, we are self sufficient. our pets are only for ½ hour so the wrangler will not do us any good. And oh yeah.. MP’s will be even more of a buff whore then they are now.

NTs:
    With a +140 buff from an MP that will last 1 hour, will rule for that 1 hour.

Engineers:
    You are screwed if you cast a bot with outside buffs unless in a team.

Traders:
    PVP they will rule like no other.
    PvM they will suck for the most part like other ppl
    In teams unless they keep the wranglers chained and up to date they will not be wanted. And if they do chain the wranglers they are useless for fights since wranglers will diminish their abilities and “OEed”.

Crats:
    Same as Engineers. But at least they have nukes and maze and roots and with +140 buff from a MP they will rule also.

MA:

This will not effect them 1 bit. Get a buff from an MP cast your UVC/LMA cancel the MP buffs are you are set for the duration.

Enforcers, ADV, Solders, Agents
    Nerfed, nerfed, nerfed, nerfed. Why, because u use your weapons much more then any other profession.

So, basically the one thing that I see out of this patch is that MP’s will now be much more in demand then any other profession. Man I am asking to get nerfed. I will bet anyone that MP buffs will soon be self only just like Odens Eye.

FC ask your self this, How many new clients am I going to gain by putting in this idea. Zero is the answer. This no one that is wating for this patch so they can sign up.

How many paying veteran clients am I going to loose by putting in this patch.. 400+ I would guess.

How many paying veteran clients am I going to loose by NOT putting this patch.. Less then the people I will loose if you put it in.. If any at all.

Is the player community have other things that they are waiting for. Hell yes. Adv need lots of help, fixers, agents, Crats have a lots nanos problems. Visual bugs, etc etc, not to mention lack of content

So, I think your time is best spent addressing real issues rather then trying dumb down the game.

Well I don’t think FC will listen to me or any other person that is concerned and does not think these changes are good for the game. But hay, Hell could freeze.
    So true, i have been playing since the beggining and have spent alot of my time on alvl 45 enforcer (lvl 148 hammer) and my lvl 108 doc. These n00bs come in get to lvl 50 and they know it all. God damn, they are so annoying.

And since I'll be going soon and everyone seems to still have ignored my posts on it

i agree with u totally
    If u don't like the game just f*** off and leave the rest of us to waste our money....

okay so.............

After talking to people the gist of this patch is thus

Example Enforcer level 78 using ql 200 hammer *yes its possible*
    and 120ql elite armor will loose 25% damage output and 25% ac this still means he will be using effectively a ql 150 plus hammer.

So powergamers can over over equip and still have better than the majority in melee/gun type classes.

Meta classes with any pet over say 20 levels above or for engineers 10 levels above loose all combat ability of the pet.

Funcom did it take you all afternoon to think this through ??

Yes I agree with the pet nerf and I am a pet class but melee/combat/gun types only loose 25% of there affectiveness ?

Is it just me or is that totally unfair?

Re: okay so.............

Originally posted by Sytrae
    After talking to people the gist of this patch is thus

Example Enforcer level 78 using ql 200 hammer *yes its possible*
    and 120ql elite armor will loose 25% damage output and 25% ac this still means he will be using effectively a ql 150 plus hammer.

So powergamers can over over equip and still have better than the majority in melee/gun type classes.

Meta classes with any pet over say 20 levels above or for engineers 10 levels above loose all combat ability of the pet.

Funcom did it take you all afternoon to think this through ??

Yes I agree with the pet nerf and I am a pet class but melee/combat/gun types only loose 25% of there affectiveness ?

Is it just me or is that totally unfair?
    No, it's every 20% increase u loose 25% damage output.

i agree with u totally
    the fact that it's going to take them just as long as if not longer to do what they're thinking than to just put a lvl cap (cannot have a weapon more than 20 QL above your lvl), and it's still going to need to check u'r equip to make sure that u use stuff u should be

Lightbulb Have you all even checked?

I checked my chars (ranging from 35-90) and thinking they were massivelly OE I was assuming a lot of downtuning of my chars, but it aint true, 20% is a MASSIVE amount in rock hard skill points, and none of my 35+ chars has that on any of it's skill requirements.

I suggest you all check first and make sure you realize how much you have to boost your char to get to that +20% on your skills.

FUNCOM, this is a GREAT solution to low level supertwinking and I praise you for it. Now put it on test as soon as possible and allow people to copy their chars there, so they stop being so incredibly afraid and see how it really affects their char and the game.

GO FUNCOM!!!

Exclamation

THE ANSWER IS QUITE SIMPLE TO ME!!!!! Make it so that all below lvl 100 playwers cannot use ql 100+ items as i have said before this may seem unfair on those who are 90+ as they ...with legal OE could use ql 100+ stuff but it wiuld only disadvan. them for a short time plz juast thnk about this and then tell me it is wrong.....as it isso simple it has to be wrong

shouldn't you finish the patching of the classes you are upgrading before an IP reset? I would hate to have the reset THEN the promised adventurers patch come to find i need to redo my adventurer cause pistols or <insert new weapon here> kick butt now i am have the IP sink rider executioners. i am sure Fixers feel the same way, shoulds like your doing Agents before the reset. Anyway the overequipping theory seems good enough, IP reset is good for players who need to re-do their char as well. Overall i am all for the changes.

THE ANSWER IS QUITE SIMPLE TO ME!!!!! Make it so that all below lvl 100 playwers cannot use ql 100+ items as i have said before this may seem unfair on those who are 90+ as they ...with legal OE could use ql 100+ stuff but it wiuld only disadvan. them for a short time plz juast thnk about this and then tell me it is wrong.....as it isso simple it has to be wrong
    ahh, now u gave me another thought, u need to reach the title lvl that the weapon's QL is over to be able to use it

Perfect solution

Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394071 ... LastLast