Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: ????

Originally posted by Selfished
    whats the one and only proff that needs no OE ...

no other proff based buffs...

no weapons ....

and was fixed a few days ago ??

this class will be ruling this game after 14.2 goes live
    believe me
    give yourself a few secs and think of it!!!!!!
    Yes, look back and see that I already mentioned the MA
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

Thumbs down ha nice one FC

This patch is not what it seems....FC has broken out the smoke and mirrors. This patch isnt about OE or exploiters. Its about one thing they have been trying to impede. Blizzard did it in Diablo2.

its about...

MAKING GETTING TO LVL 200 HARDER AND TAKE LONGER

there are already 7-8 lvl 200s on RK-1 and soon to be 200s on RK-2 and we're not quite a year into the *cough* story *cough*.
    14.2 is a broad and sweeping nerf and they are trying to sugar it with an IP reset. there it is in black and white. flame me tell me im full of it. but thats the truth. PvP in this game is a joke. and thats the only thing players cry about OE. On the other hand FC got the math wrong and the OE vs PvM was out of balance (read players lvling too fast for the story arc.)

FC...your "story" is a side bar a foot note...you are killing game play and fun so that we players are not uber 200s before you finish ?telling? the story. I see this getting boring fast. not to mention all the cool bugs coming our way from this.

see ya at the cancel page if this hits with out some re-tooling.

I give up.

To hell with it, they won.

Anybody that has been here since the beginning understands me.

If you are over lvl 120 and this patch won't really affect you, as you can self-equip your weapons, you still understand me.

If you are a nuking class (crat, nt, meta) you don't count =)

since the beginning, this game has been plagued by lvl 50ish kids that think they kickass now that the are 50. And since they kickass, if they can't do something, well...it needs to be fixed.

Anti encouraged the patch, i'd honestly like to know why. I'm tired of listening to the half assed newbies praising it so much, when they are just happy that everybody else will be down to their lvl...yes, some people play for more than an hour a day, and they do what it takes to get better...So anti, explain, as it'll be nice to hear from somebody w/ valid opinions

But as FC has time and time showed, the louder you cry, the more they will respond..........unless they've taken enough money from you where it no longer matters...just look at the NT boards, snarf's post...long time AOer...he has valid points...he even got a number of others to support him...FC doesn't even respond in thread...

IP-allocation...i understand why people would enjoy this, but seriously...if you keep lvling, keep gaining IP, save up..you'll have enough for whatever you need...sure you won't be able to do EVERYTHING, but you shouldn't either...it's called growing pains...i'm an agent with rifle maxed, shotgun maxed, fling shot to meet any ql 200 gun, and about 750 aimed shot self buffed...that's a lot of IP when most agents cry cuz they wanna use only rifle/aimed shot..but ya know what, i'm fine...i kept lvling, saved IP, and i'm fine...

Gah, the midranged newbies have won again...so i'll join em...after yer done with the OE patch, nerf traders as they are the best prof already...when yer through w/ that, nerf NTs cuz they'll be pretty good after the OE patch....then you'll have a half-assed version of today's rubi ka...so nerf agents, then adventurers, then MAs, etc...

in time, all these morons that beg and beg for this NERF will start complaining again when they lvl up and realize *duh, not such a good idea i guess*...so oh well...it's a cycle that FC is just nurturing...AO isn't worth playing as a game anymore, i stay for the people...but even they are leaving, so as the list dwindles, i hope those FOR the OE patch have a lot of friends to bring to the table, FC...or yer fuqt

Thumbs up Deliciously delicious patch!!!!!!!!!

This patch looks great!!! I really hope it works out.
    GOOD WORK FUNCOM!!!!! I'm a very happy NT (lvl 53) right now. *grin*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YUMMY PATCH mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

/me eats a whole box filled with ice creams(non-poop flavoured)

Edit: Just a spelling-error.
    Last edited by Puppetfinger; Mar 11th, 2002 at 23:02:56.

Smile Hehe finally

I noticed something in the game..never really spoke about it...just noticed. It's hard to start from scratch...most level 7's I see running around are in uber armor, nice guns for their lvls, and high NCU and buffed to hell. Then theres the newb newb...in his trenchcoat..with his ugly looking meta-plast helmet on, and his gluegun...heh,getting owned by green mobs, and wondering why. It's very very hard to level up when you don't have higher player help . The way the game works you hafta upgrade alot at those levels, yes they go VERY fast if done right..and if your not doing constant missions from lvl 6-20 your going to have 0 credits practically, unless your group is very nice, this patch I think will change all this, you won't need to be all uber twinked to survive..(supposedly). Also I love the fact that you will be able to reset skills, I liked this in UO. Found out a certain type of gun sucks? no biggy, switch it. I know I will be doing this on several of my characters. I hope funcom does not mess this up *hint hint* do it right guys, and it will rock, mess it up, and you will lose alotttttt of business :/. Thats my 2.5 cents hehe, later.

Originally posted by puppetfinger
    This patch looks great!!! I really hope it works out.
    GOOD WORK FUNCOM!!!!! I'm a very happy NT (lvl 53) right now. *grin*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YUMMY PATCH mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

/me eats a hole box filled with ice creams (non-poop flavoured)

Prime example Akkasha, LOL!!!
    Last edited by Charrity; Mar 11th, 2002 at 22:54:48.

Question Good/Bad tell me plz...

OK Im a nebie or whatever i got a subscription to the game about a week ago and im a lvl 9 NT... Im not quite used to all the things and so im just going along pretty much as basic as u get. I havent bought anything just using stuff i pivck up and get from missions. I have no idea how to OE but... i have leanrt quite alot from reading this forum. I dont disagree with the patch and ull probably say because it doesnt really affect NT's but it does becasue i want to be able t do just aswell as the same leveled enforcer next to me or at leas as long as he hasnt OE'd. But if he has put the efort in to get his OEing right and not ging over the 20% then yeh he should do better than me. But if he has cheated in that way it is not fair.

Therefore woulditnot be quite a simple way of stopping these "twinks" or whatever by putting a title requirment or a set lvl.

I mean if u sed that anyone undet lvl100 cant use over ql 100 would that not stop lvl 7's using ql 167 weapons...???
    U may say that this would be unfair on the 85-90+ who r more than likely at a disadvantage as with the legal OE they would beable to get ql100 + stuff but his would be only for a short while and on the whole i thingk it would be better.

I'm sorry if this has alrady been mentioned its just im up to page 3 and there r 7 pages so i'd just thought id have my say before i carry on reading.

Pleasre correct me if i am wrong which i am surei will be as I am new but to me i think it could work.

Utrilla lvl 9 NT

P.S. very sorry about the bad grammer and spelling
    it nout me folt
    Last edited by Utrilla; Mar 11th, 2002 at 23:01:29.

Re: Hehe finally

Originally posted by Charrity
    I noticed something in the game..never really spoke about it...just noticed. It's hard to start from scratch...most level 7's I see running around are in uber armor, nice guns for their lvls, and high NCU and buffed to hell. Then theres the newb newb...in his trenchcoat..with his ugly looking meta-plast helmet on, and his gluegun...heh,getting owned by green mobs, and wondering why. It's very very hard to level up when you don't have higher player help . The way the game works you hafta upgrade alot at those levels, yes they go VERY fast if done right..and if your not doing constant missions from lvl 6-20 your going to have 0 credits practically, unless your group is very nice, this patch I think will change all this, you won't need to be all uber twinked to survive..(supposedly). Also I love the fact that you will be able to reset skills, I liked this in UO. Found out a certain type of gun sucks? no biggy, switch it. I know I will be doing this on several of my characters. I hope funcom does not mess this up *hint hint* do it right guys, and it will rock, mess it up, and you will lose alotttttt of business :/. Thats my 2.5 cents hehe, later.
    Hmm???

I started an agent a couple of days ago, I wear no armour, am lvl 6 on that char and I could solo in the far corner since lvl 3, since I learnt how to play the game
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

Hmmm i think its very important for people to remember that there will always be superior players in all games. There is always someone better than you, and usually its just a matter of accepting that and setting yourself a goal to become better eventually. I get slaughtered at Quake 3 and i dont complain about the game being unbalanced because of that.
    As aformentioned, without the skill and expertise involved in OEing and putting real work into making your char wicked, combat in AO is basically all about hitting tab and q and occationally throwing a few nanos about. Not a whole lot to it, and i think it would get extremely dull in the end without the equipping aspect of things well in place.

This patch seems mainly a result of a great many whiners, and the majority of the changes with regards to OEing seem to be a result of complaints about PvP. Here's what. PvP is bloody hard, and it was as far as i know never a focal point of the original design. If you jump in there when your level 30 and expect to last, well thats your own god damn problem, dont start whining like the ****e lazy loser you are and get your ass back there and practise damnit. Games will always reward skillful dedicated players, so get dedicated, eventually you'll be skillful.

This is pretty sad really. AO was finally coming around. They were adressing proper problems and making all the right changes. I figured FC finally had a good thing going, and then this comes up. The last few months in RK have been fantastic and entirely enjoyable. Looks like thats about to come to an end.

- Akushin / Innerwar

Re: Good/Bad tell me plz...

Originally posted by Utrilla
    OK Im a nebie or whatever i got a subscription to the game about a week ago and im a lvl 9 NT... Im not quite used to all the things and so im just going along pretty much as basic as u get. I havent bought anything just using stuff i pivck up and get from missions. I have no idea how to OE but... i have leanrt quite alot from reading this forum. I dont disagree with the patch and ull probably say because it doesnt really affect NT's but it does becasue i want to be able t do just aswell as the same leveled enforcer next to me or at leas as long as he hasnt OE'd. But if he has put the efort in to get his OEing right and not ging over the 20% then yeh he should do better than me. But if he has cheated in that way it is not fair.

Therefore woulditnot be quite a simple way of stopping these "twinks" or whatever by putting a title requirment or a set lvl.

I mean if u sed that anyone undet lvl100 cant use over ql 100 would that not stop lvl 7's using ql 167 weapons...???
    U may say that this would be unfair on the 85-90+ who r more than likely at a disadvantage as with the legal OE they would beable to get ql100 + stuff but his would be only for a short while and on the whole i thingk it would be better.

I'm sorry if this has alrady been mentioned its just im up to page 3 and there r 7 pages so i'd just thought id have my say before i carry on reading.

Pleasre correct me if i am wrong which i am surei will be as I am new but to me i think it could work.

Utrilla lvl 9 NT
    lol, it's like I've said nearly five times already, it should either be lvl limited or the weapons work the same as a weapon 20% above your skill lvl

no good

the players are trying to getting stronger or more uber because of FC increased the mobs AC and HP a lot

to avoid people lvlíng so fast thats all why the most players
    are uber in your eyes thats all

and they do it like a secret i can remember 12.5 patch it was pure choas a bit like now

they increased everything on the mobs :the evades the ac the hp,

dunno what else
    it was so horrible to play maybe some peeps are here that agree with me

your hp and ac was bugged at this time remember ???

and the worst thing in this patch was this : TAKE IT EASY

Originally posted by Akushin
    Hmmm i think its very important for people to remember that there will always be superior players in all games. There is always someone better than you, and usually its just a matter of accepting that and setting yourself a goal to become better eventually. I get slaughtered at Quake 3 and i dont complain about the game being unbalanced because of that.
    lol, I know that. Was so damn good at Unreal tournament (having cable helps ) that people called me an aimbot, they couldn't accept skill for what it is

I'll make a nice easy point, if u look around for the best mission booths (for money) a lvl 6 can get 5K a mission

Exclamation Re: no good

Originally posted by Selfished
    and the worst thing in this patch was this : TAKE IT EASY
    ugh, don't remind us

Funcome are you listening???

Bring back any memories of when AO first started??? The time when u lost all your players and only survived because people in Europe had no idea about what you were doing and bought the game???

AO is actually really enjoyable, but if you bring this new patch in, me and alot of people are going to have to say bye bye.

Re: Funcome are you listening???

Originally posted by Wutto
    Bring back any memories of when AO first started??? The time when u lost all your players and only survived because people in Europe had no idea about what you were doing and bought the game???

AO is actually really enjoyable, but if you bring this new patch in, me and alot of people are going to have to say bye bye.
    EG

The no. of people that could have played the game for 8 hours since this post started should tell u how much u need to rethink

Question

wot ???? there r different types of mission booths??? or it=s it just number oftokens that determine reward etc?

Re: Re: Funcome are you listening???

Originally posted by Gokudan

EG

The no. of people that could have played the game for 8 hours since this post started should tell u how much u need to rethink
    wtf u on about?

Originally posted by Utrilla
    wot ???? there r different types of mission booths??? or it=s it just number oftokens that determine reward etc?
    Same type of booths, different locations, ask how to get to Avalon or Broken Shores when u next log in, the cash at those places if u know where to find the missions is great

questions and complaints.

Well now players really do need to change the way they game today. Missions, hunting, proffesions, and so on.

I play a 69 level trader. Don't really have overequiped him so I won't be hurt by that 20% OE penalty, but.. When the patch come out, i don't really know the whole idea about the trader? He will be an avarage adventurer with shotgun instead of blades! Wrangle doesn't come to any use, so people don't want traders. (Shoot me if i'm wrong!) But as I play trader today, people only want them for the wrangle and high damage.

Engineer.. Oh.. don't wanna start.. I've just started my engie since i got tired of all the buffing with the trader, killing with the agent and enforcer, and dieing with the doctor. The one thing i love about my engineer is that i can have a pet that higher levels than me. This way, i can earn fast money and do any difference in a group. What is engineers without theyre killer pets? nothing. Theyre ranged skills suck, they don't have any nano attack skills, so if theyre pet is going out of controll whenever a buff run out, what do we do then?? Get a fixer to run Grid walk and run as hell is in our heels?? If this is the case, i'm going to delete all my professions and bet on the enforcer. Enforcers can deal alittle more dmg and they are always needed in a group (OE or not).

The two classes i love to play, are going to be nerfed. Oh hell, maby my friend was right afterall. There are better MMORPG games on the net he is saying.

BTW : some credits i must give to the IP reset. This is a increadible good idea since people have played severan profs up to higher level when another prof weapon, skill or armor has come up and u go "Oh ****! Why did I waste all my IPs on the Shotgun when i should have gone 1hblunt so i can use my summon weapon nano with my MP???".. About time this was coming! =)

But overall i'm trilled to have a good game like AO to play in the cold winterdays. Hope everyone is having the same pleasure! =)

--> Bully Bullert

BLazinDro here

Blazindro here, 92 NT at moment, i have one comment!

DAMNIT NOW NO ONE WILL FIGHT ME, already get refused now absolutely no one will fight my NT ass.!!! damn u funcom, I LOVE YOU! hAHAh Stupid overequipping lamers, dont let me catch u in PVP ever again.! and to all u that are gonna take this comment the wrong way, gOOD! i could careless!

Re: Re: Re: Funcome are you listening???

Originally posted by Wutto

wtf u on about?
    lol, just the point that this flaming has been going on for over 8 hours and mostly the same people are still posting on here instead of playing the game before it goes to hell

Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383970 ... LastLast