Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202152 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Exclamation Important update.

Important update in the main post (start of the thread).

"As long as I can wear the rifle and just gain damage-output as I rise in lvl I'm all for it. Just dont want those 4 mil credits to go to waste."

Your ql 200 rifle will be ql 150 until you meet the reqs to use it.

No gain, no progression not according to the patch notes.

This won't really do anything except to reduce OE by 25%. Nothing to stop super twinks.

I think it's great that FC do something but it still doesn't look like they understand that nano skills can't be "overequiped" at all.

If a weapon work as normal even when 20% lower skills than req, why doesn't a nuke work the same way?

I once managed to upload the nuke, someone once managed to put the weapon on, I see no diffrent in that, but still I can't use the nuke, but you can use the weapon...

and as someone else posted a weapon lose 25% damage, but a pet (that is the pet owners weapon) lose 100% of it's damage.

Traders will be the most powerful prof in PvP, they only debuff everyone so everyone do 25% less damage and the pets are useless for the whole time, have you thought about this FC?

A healing pet is never in a fight so will it stop responding right away if I get debuffed or after I'm finished fighting?

And if I fight more than 1 mob/player when will my pets stop responding? after I have killed the one that debuffed me or after all that shoot on me or my pets are dead?

FC you actually know that traders can lower your skills with like 200 points or something?
    If you remove so they can't stack debuffs it would maybe work, cuz they don't lower the skills so we have 20% lower then.

I really hope that FC think about all these "small" things before they do something drastic like this, else they will lose to many customers.
    Last edited by Azzazzimon; Mar 11th, 2002 at 15:42:18.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Important update.

Originally posted by Cz
    Important update in the main post (start of the thread).

Cz
    Thanks for being on the ball Cz and giving a quick responce,

its appreciated.

ok, so I am happy.. it will limit exploiters over equipping

Originally posted by Dareus
    "As long as I can wear the rifle and just gain damage-output as I rise in lvl I'm all for it. Just dont want those 4 mil credits to go to waste."

Your ql 200 rifle will be ql 150 until you meet the reqs to use it.

No gain, no progression not according to the patch notes.

This won't really do anything except to reduce OE by 25%. Nothing to stop super twinks.
    Hmmm.. Guess I misunderstood something then.

*goes off to lvl*
    Deryal
    Lvl92 Agent

Wild guess Arila; 1 point = reset 1 skill. Dai might give us an official answer though *nudge*

Overall, I like this change. Especially the permanent ingame IP reset feature - now I can try skills without risking lots of precious IPs.

I'm not affected by the overequip range so I won't comment, except that mobs should be balanced on test before this goes live.
    Vincent Stritzke
    Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka

I play a trader.

I am using stuff that would be considered overequipping with this patch, but I am hit with the "Fast gun" bug that causes me to hit for 22 and 25 damage (Dual wielding a Diablo/Dieu Combo. repeatedly against Green mobs in missions.

Why introduce a nerf like 14,2 when there are still bugs that render weapons like that useless?

THe Profs are getting hrt bigtime with this for several Reasons.

I'll break it down into professions.

Traders: We were supposed to be able to use wrangles to aid people with equipping their guns. Noone will want a wrangle anymore. And no. In fight wrangling is useless since it takes too long.

Agents: Most agents rely on their vastly overequipped Guns. With this new patch they are feeling the hurt once again. and no more FP MP to get a heal pet. You wont be able to command it.

MP: Using orange Pets at best? Loosing the ability to command it mid battle coz your Mochams runs out.

Engs: Same problem.

Fixers: Again using Vastly overequipped Mausser since the new guns have insane requirements, and the old ones are useless.

Soldiers: Again with the Guns.

Docs: Will pull aggro in any team that does not have an Enforcer. They will die coz after the first team heal noone will be able to get it off them.

Enfs: The hammers and Beams they use rely on so many skills that they get buffs from other classes to use them and will feel the overequip nerf too on those weapons.

NTs and MAs are gonna rule. They aren't gonna feel this Overequip nerf at all. Which will eventually result in the fact that people not playing these classes will go on a ranting spree after a few months with these uberclasses ruling PvP.

The classes I have left out are the ones I don't know enough about to say.

I will quit and a lot of other people will quit over this. People I know and people that makes my playing AO a pleasurable experience.

I urge Funcom to make a poll:

Will you quit over Patch 14.2
    Yes
    No

Let the numbers speak for themselves.

There's gotta be another way to fix the overequipping issues
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Post IPR

What are this thing about getting IPR points at each title lvl, that you get 90 points of temp points, and that you may use them through the whole game? If I've got this right, we will be able to re-locate and mix & tricks with our IP points every now and then? Well, sheez, thats just great! I no longer have to stick with one thing anymore... This will give me the possibility to be a smithy one day and a mean fighting machine the next, or?

"hmm, maybe I will try to use sledgehammers tomorrow, these pistols just do lousy damage... Or maybe they should fix the pistols instead?"

Originally posted by Hoover
    2. Considering the huge anount of buffs affecting armor and weapons that can be run, would it be possible to have an "overequipping alert". That way, in combat, if I lose a vital buff that causes an item to become overequipped, I would know. It wouldn't even have to be specific. Just a simple "an item has lost effectiveness" would alert me to check my gear.....
    I'll check into it, and add a suggestion for it if such a message is not included in the changes.

Originally posted by Pangur

Name your favourite boy-group and I will maybe find something suitable for you

- Pangur
    (me does a quick google search on backsteet boys lyrics)

I got a little su****ious, I got a feeling
    That you ain't true to me
    I should have known better than to buy your lies

You can fool anyone but I got eyes to see
    That you're not for me, babe

No No Uh uh
    Things will never be the same again with you
    No No Uh uh
    Now I know what it's coming to
    No No Uh uh
    Cause if you think that it's the way that love, should be
    Let me tell you it's not for me

(hey, it's really hard to find a pissed-off sounding backstreetboy song, ok?)

Cz,

What is Funcom doing to address super twinking that is still possible for arena fighting.

I mean, people who have exploited to equip much higher NCU's then is possible legally.

If I had 200 NCU at level 7, I could gain more benifit from very high level buffs that aren't possible for other people my age and would allow my level of OE to be that much higher then normal.

I'll add it the treatment exploits as well, allowing players to completly disregard the treatment requirement on implants as late as the last patch.

I'm looking forward to the see an update to the 'also added new Agent nanos' message.

Foot Graft - get your new Reeboks now! *insane requirements*

Deryal
    Lvl92 Agent

Actually funny to see that the MOB power has already been done (13.8), so those who were expecting this to make life easier were sadly mistaken. Sweet justice. Average Joe, who is within the limits now, will not have it any easier against the MOB's after this change as the MOB's have already been weakened.

As for the pets going non-responsive, I guess we won't see so many engineers standing around mute in the corners of 20K with a Slayer standing guard. MetaPhycisists might regain some usefullness in groups at the higher levels as their buffs become more of a constant need. Looks like our high-level MP is going to have to 'baby-sit' the new Engineers in the guild at mission entrances and at the Beetle or Bully Bridge as we powerlevel them past those poor casual gaming Engineers who can't afford to have a full time MP casting Mohicans on them. Oh, well. That's what uber-guilds are for. Making the casual gamer look weak.

As far as finally fixing Conceal in PvP all I can say is it's about time. Every game that has had invisibility or conceal as a standard game construct has had this in from the start. I do however commend the programmers for making sure the checks are done server side. I think the Agents are really going to get a kick out of this. 6 concealed Agents sneaking up on a unsuspecting victim and letting loose is going to be sweet retribution for them. Don't forget Perception when you do your IP re-allocation if you plan on doing any PvP. I hope they have MOB's sneaking in missions as well. That'll be cool.

Probably going to hear a lot of whining from the 'casual' gamer about how these changes make the game even 'worse' for them. But, you reap what you sow. They asked for it and now have to take it. Hehe.

Just kind of a shame that hard work will no longer pay off.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Traders will be the most powerful prof in PvP, they only debuff everyone so everyone do 25% less damage and the pets stop attacking, have you thought about this FC?

If I solo a mission and fight a trader it's probably 95% chance I will die, divested =I lose both pets, so no healing and less attack and I will do 25% less damage.

FC you actually know that traders can lower your skills with like 200 points or something?
    Actually divest and plunder stack for over 400 points total. Plunder line is supposedly hard to resist (ie you'll prolly resist it 1 out of 20 times with maxed nano resist skill, I never resist it even from greys). I want an answer here, are these debuffs included into the OE equation?

BEAUTIFUL PATCH

The one problem I have with AO is being fixed!

Thank you Funcom.
    Biomed

Antimatter

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
    -Nietzsche

now i just have to make a MP, after this patch they will rule even more.

fair?

as if traders and mp's don't pull enough cash already?

this will make the need for wrangles and mocham's gift rocket in the sky and the winner will most indeed be the ones possessing the profession and skill to provide these buffs.

to render pets useless when skills subside is a much less elegant way than for example making it loose a % of it's abilities which reflects the opposite of how over equipped it is. the solution with a disfunctional pet is not fair against for instance a soldier who gets a 25% penalty and still has his gun.

one question, will the pet still protect it's owner if the owner is attacked, or will it still stay idle?

well, when(if?) these changes kicks in, in addition to having for example important skills capped every now and then (like at lvl81, so you have to wait until lvl100 to add ip's) and not being to add ip's, the game will be so much more fun to play. <clever use of irony here>
    Last edited by tjessem; Mar 11th, 2002 at 15:15:21.

Seriously though Cz, can you reveal just ONE (or maybe even 2?) new agent nanos?

I'm sooooo curious

EDIT: PRETTY please?
    Deryal
    Lvl92 Agent

Looks like everyone will be making MAs now, just so they can do missions.
    My 70 Enforcer can barely kill oranges with a QL 140 Beam but my MA can take em easy now.
    Funcom, the Mobs were NOT toned down enough to impliment the overequipping patch yet.
    I feel you are going to loose a lot of customers over this. Luckily I have an MA waiting in the wings.

First of all, everybody, don't kill me for discussing with you. I just want to argue a bit to get good arguments to throw at the designers. Feel free to call my arguments stupid, as I am not as familiar as you with the high level game, but keep the flames down, ok?

Originally posted by Baxie
    Traders: We were supposed to be able to use wrangles to aid people with equipping their guns. Noone will want a wrangle anymore. And no. In fight wrangling is useless since it takes too long.

MP: Using orange Pets at best? Loosing the ability to command it mid battle coz your Mochams runs out.

Engs: Same problem.

Docs: Will pull aggro in any team that does not have an Enforcer. They will die coz after the first team heal noone will be able to get it off them.
    Weapon users (edited them out of the quote): That is mainly what the patch is about (I think), reducing the gain from over-equipping weapons. You will still gain from up to 20% wrangles and similar (see 'Traders' below). No more +132 wrangle for a level 10 char, but the higher level people will still have good use for it.

Traders: You can still wrangle to add 20% of skill for over-equipping. The +132 wrange will not be useful on lower and mid level people anymore, but those who have high skills will still benefit from it 100%.

MPs: Isn't this more about keeping an eye on your own buffs, and make sure you replenish them in time? Or do MPs use Mocham's, suppon pets, then cancel Mocham's? (I don't play a high level MP, so I don't know.)

Eng (same for 'crats): You can still get the MP buff effect, but need to get replenished when they run out. Wrangle will still help up to 20% of the skill (see 'Traders' above).

Docs: I'll check whether the designers plan anything to give healing lower aggro / hate rate. Personally I didn't think of this, but then again, I'm not a designer.

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202152 ... LastLast