Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: re

Originally posted by Ymodem-G
    I love these changes, and can't wait for them to hit.

- Of course class's that where overpowered will flood you with angry messages, ignore them.

- Of course people that overequip will freak out and post angry messages, ignore them.

This is probably the best step towards overall balance I've seen yet. Not perfect, but hell .. what is?

Ok, yes, very fair, am sure my very fair character who can fairly equip a weapon almost double his lvl, alone, without being a twink, read my earlier post before saying anything about *over-equipping*

A MUCH BETTER IDEA - set damage limits for CHARACTER LVLS, it's seriously gonna piss me off if this goes through

*My Example - LVL 38 Trader - Gun QL 58 Vector ND : Within stat range

*Gun wearable at LVL 40 - QL 78 Vector LIZARD ND : 362 Shotgun required, 260 buffed at LVL 40, can use upto Deprive/Ransack of 102 points. Gun is usable FAIRLY.

In other words, this is stupid unless they do as I mentioned, damage caps on LVL of CHAR
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

Originally posted by Cub

another note:

does this also mean iq rings and such, cause i can't unwear mine till level 190, and im not about to delete my 5% iq ring.
    er... something I've been wondering.
    _WHY_ON_EARTH_IS_THE_UNWEAR_SO_HIGH_ON_RINGS?

Sorry, just... rings. I...
    I can physically IRL put on a ring, and take it right off. Why bother doing such a thing to them? :P *cries* it's evil...
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Originally posted by Teccer
    Implants...They have treatment requirements way above what you normally have in treatment skill..even when they're the same level you are..there is no way I can achieve 436 in treatment by the time I'm lvl 90. How will they be affected by that?!?
    Funny, I just put in QL 92-131 implants, some of which required 625 in treatment. I'm lvl 72. Had to spend some points in Treatment, but I got them on, so I'm sure you can too.

Sarelron

This is a horrible patch.

I am all for the overequiping nerf, I love the overequiping nerf, but it is not being done right.

You totally screw over the agent profession with the overequiping nerf, and you expect us to be content because you let us sneak past greys now?! WHOOP-DEE-F#$KING-DOO.

No, you should seriously decrease monster HP to account for this change that will seriously gimped everyone's offensive and defensive power.

THere are many flaws in this.... How are you going to address how the martial artist will be god like after the patch? CUrrently he is a pretty damn good, bu after the overequiping patch he will be a god.

Letting us sneak past greys and turning our rifle into a flingshot is NOT an acceptable "agent patch". ESPECIALLY with the overequiping nerfs.

What you need to do is nerf ALL mobs to account for the huge fall in everyones power. Agents have enough trouble killl stuff as it is... After the patch we will be good for nothing but sneaking away from them... And only if they are grey...

Originally posted by Teccer

Implants...They have treatment requirements way above what you normally have in treatment skill..even when they're the same level you are..there is no way I can achieve 436 in treatment by the time I'm lvl 90. How will they be affected by that?!?
    Actually by level 90 you can get...
    oh...
    70+ treatment from medsuit
    80+ treatment buff from doc
    20+ treatment expertise
    100+ treatment lab...
    and spend some IP. ^_^
    That's more than 270 treatment (giving or taking actually, biomech helm helps and the medsuit is giving more these days isn't it?) extra so. Should be pretty easy actually, that still won't be effected as long as you can get the implants in by the time the treatment wears off, 25% or unwear... whatever, it won't effect implants at all. ^_^

Originally posted by Dareus

MP's for the most part have no concealment, root or calm. We don't have the Hp's for blitzing though at certain levels we are pretty powerfull due to pet levels.

At higher levels 100ish, I'd personally rather be a crat, trader or NT just for the calm which would be really sweet.
    MP's can calm. That's what the third pet does. When you see the Yellow Clam glow you just have to give the /pet behind command. The mob stays calmed. MP's can calm just as good, in fact better. They can stay at 100% health through the whole ordeal on top of it and never run out of nano...

True

My wife and i both have an account and i can promise you if the game bytes after this patch.. we'll looking for a new game. OE is what defines a true player. Now alot of people can say ,

"Hey, i have a life, i don't have time to OE"

The answer to them is simple.
    OE over time. You dont have to do it in one sitting. Play a little ,have dinner with the family . You don't have to sleep with a calculator under your pillow. Just take your time enjoy the game . The rewards for twinking are great.. Makes hunting , pvp, just about every aspect of the game more fun.

A well planned , well equipped fighter is much happier than some guy naked with a sling shot!!

By the way, Funcom, who are the ones complaining here? Not many of the people I know, is it PvP folks? If so, please know that other games have made the mistake of letting PvP decide the game for everyone else, and it has often hurt the experience for BOTH groups. (No offense to the PvP'ers). Funcom, please don't let the same happen here *begs on her knees*

I am still against the IP Reset, mainly because I have no need for it, as far as I can tell. I made my choices, and I will stick to them, it's a challenge. That and I still don't really understand why it is needed, but I have to respect those that think it is necessary. Many of the folks I talk to who were here when the game started are so far along, they dont even care any more, and the rest have already restarted. As I moved along, I also realized that below level 50 (some say 100!) there is not much that is lost, so mistakes are minimal, so exactly what is the purpose?

Same with the over equipping thing, I am impatient, and self reliant, so I like to self buff, and as a result, I have no issue here one way or the other. And the 20% thingy will not affect me, since self buffs fall under that, right?
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Originally posted by Intra
    if someone was to 300% OE would they only get a 25% output reduction on their weapon?

if that is the case then these changes will only really effect those who have slightly over equiped. the exploiters who have hugely over equipped will still have the advantage.

I am sure someone will flame me if I'm wrong
    Yes, you didn't nerf enough. Please. more.

What you did with this is one of two things...at worst, those that play AO the most, that have higher lvl chars and are building lower lvl ones, that *use in game rules* to twink...no exploiting...will quit...and you'll lose probably your most loyal customer base...at *best* you'll distance these players and lose what little trust they had in you anyways...

So yea, you are getting positive feedback to those who agree "overequipping isn't a strong point of mine." something like that i saw posted...personally, my main char is high enough where nothing in the OE patch will affect it. What I am pissed off about is that you are punishing people who actually spend time and effort into twinking...once again, no exploits involved...i've dueled plenty of times on my twinks and was accused of cheating...take my word for it i didn't...but when i was bored, i did do the math and used all in-game-legal-stop-your-whining methods...those accusing me obviously didn't know what they were talking about...twinking isn't cheating, it's using the knowledge to manipulate the system to your advantage

oh and to the FC statement that it's unfair for people with higher chars that have more money to have an advantage...are you kidding me? i stuck with AO from beta...i worked my ass off to get to the lvl i'm at...and you think that if i make a new char i should have to start all over again? no...the knowledge i pick up from playing this game along the way *should* give me an advantage...because in time, those whining will figure out the same things i know now...but it takes time and experience...

well for whatever it's worth, AO lost probably 2 of its' best players this past week for this kind of nonsense...along w/ the 2 went more, and if this keeps up and you listen to those who have been paying you for a few months instead of those loyal to you from the beginning, get ready to lose a lot more...

Re: Re: ENGINEERS ARE NOW HOSED

Originally posted by Fion

Join the croud. Most of the people who don't over equip cannot nore could we ever (at least going back as far as the point they uberized MOB's to keep up with OE'ers) do over 50% missions.. let alone 70%!
    So what you are saying is that a 70% mission shouldn't even be doable???? So what the hell is the point of having a slider bar???? Just make all missions at even since nobody can do them above that now.

And don't even say "Get a friend to help you"; that's what team missions are for. The Solo mission terminal is for... here it is... GOING SOLO!!!!!

If you can't solo a mission, I shouldn't be able too either???? Great logic, since I can't root, heal, DD, buff...

OUR AC BUFFS SUCK! They are useless, taking a mere 30 points off of damage (Superior Protective Field AC 301 buff), when the mob is hitting us for 500pts damage.

Originally posted by muftak
    Overequiping is good and bad , poeple need to OE to survive in this game but makes PVP nightmare for none Overequipers
    . So you need to help by A: lowering HP and B: lowering min damage of Mobs to help the players soloing in missions.
    [/B]

You contradict yourself. If one must OE to survive, then how can there even be no OEers? Answer... you don't have to OE to survive. Only 1 of my several characters has any equipment I didn't self buff into and even that one is within the 20% threshold. I don't have issues with being able to do 50% missions (except with my Advent, prior to the release of the new pistols) with any of them and some can handle 60-75%.

By the way, I believe you guys fixed a *bug* that was causing humanoid monsters to spawn with double the amount of intended AC. That's AC that was intended for Over-Equipped Players.

This in NO way counts as reducing MOB difficulty.

Originally posted by EvilGlitch

MP's can calm. That's what the third pet does. When you see the Yellow Clam glow you just have to give the /pet behind command. The mob stays calmed. MP's can calm just as good, in fact better. They can stay at 100% health through the whole ordeal on top of it and never run out of nano...
    You like, skipped a whole 1/3 of this entire thread, didn't ya? ^_^

Mez pet is pretty ineffective.

I would like to know how most of the people who are all for the OE patch to go live the way it is do the math

over equipping = exploiting

as there is plenty of more ways to over equip legally than there is to do it by exploiting.

Originally posted by Cat
    By the way, Funcom, who are the ones complaining here? Not many of the people I know, is it PvP folks? If so, please know that other games have made the mistake of letting PvP decide the game for everyone else, and it has often hurt the experience for BOTH groups. (No offense to the PvP'ers). Funcom, please don't let the same happen here *begs on her knees*

I am still against the IP Reset, mainly because I have no need for it, as far as I can tell. I made my choices, and I will stick to them, it's a challenge. That and I still don't really understand why it is needed, but I have to respect those that think it is necessary. Many of the folks I talk to who were here when the game started are so far along, they dont even care any more, and the rest have already restarted. As I moved along, I also realized that below level 50 (some say 100!) there is not much that is lost, so mistakes are minimal, so exactly what is the purpose?

Same with the over equipping thing, I am impatient, and self reliant, so I like to self buff, and as a result, I have no issue here one way or the other. And the 20% thingy will not affect me, since self buffs fall under that, right?
    As for me Cat, I'm not a twink as I'm showing, but look at the damage a vector does, the people wear it for it's crit damage, and I hate pvp, plus right now with my over-equipping (QL 50ish armour, QL 58 Vector, LVL 38 Char) I have trouble with yellows and certain greens, I can manage some oranges but can't take reds alone
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

And several other high-levels have said they're either coming back or thinking about it (Hextorr, Snarf, etc.).

Guess what? You've all said "FC, I've played by your rules and done my best within your rules."

Well, the rules are changing. You can still do your best within the rules, and you will. Casual players still won't be quite as well equipped as you. It's just going to tighten the spread, so that FC can actually balance the game.

If you want PvP to require skill, not luck, play an FPS.

If you want to do math all day long, study engineering.

PvP in an RPG will always be mostly determined by character development and luck, and slightly by skill. Math will always be part of engineering, and shouldn't be required to play a damn game (except for those cute "Learn To Add!" games you give to your kids.)

Seriously. Rules change. Get over yourselves.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I hope that mobs will be decreased in power at least some when this patch goes through. This means possibly that they would have realistic levels of skill as opposed to now when every mob has every skill maxed for their current level as if they were all green.

Some people will think this patch is good because they're bitter, ignore them.

Y Modem G will always be a moron, ignore him.

Originally posted by Fion
    Great news. I'm very glad to see the number of people that are pro outnumber the con on here by a wide margin.
    We've been screaming for how long now? They don't seem to be listening to us. Also... surface-percieved statistics from message boards don't really mean that much. The majority of players in-game have never posted here.

Well, there's one way to make them listen... we may soon see how Funcom will react to yet another mass-player-exodus. They reacted well enough back with 12.6, when they 86'ed this nerf before it even went live. For this reason, I still mainstain a small measure of hope.

Mr. Godager has made his intentions known to us. He had a sour opinion of character optimization even before he asked for our input (this topic was cleverly blended together with his article about exploiters). It would seem he wants to dumb-down the game, to make it nice, easy, & newbie-friendly, much like Dark Age of Camelot, Missile Command, & the original Pitfall. By doing this, he will draw more new players. But how many more long-term veteran players are going to leave? And what fraction of the ever-fickle Missile Command audience is going to stay here long-term? What happens if another PC gaming company releases a game with brighter packaging; something more colorful than AO's (ick) brown standard??

Does Funcom care?

Of course they do!

Short-term subscriber recruitment always looks impressive on any resume (provided you send it out before the end-of-quarter earnings reports are released). I'm certain that everything Mr. Godager is doing here will look marvelous on his resume, as well.

-Templar Red

Here's a big question for me about OEing a weapon with multiple skill rqs. Let's say I meet 2 of 3 rqs. How is the penalty figured? What about bonuses when you exceed the skill rqs? If I exceed 2 of the 3, can this offset the penalty of not meeting the 3rd? I'm also very concerned about the strength of Ran/Dep nanos. It's bad enough to be Ran/Dep, but to then suffer an OE penalty sounds like double jeopardy to me. The penalty to a Trader wrangling teammates in battle would make doing so quite undesireable. I would also like to see this patch on the public test server for at least a week or two. If you do that, you will see free testing the likes of which God has only seen. =) Patience is a virtue , good things come to those who wait, big things come in small packages, etc....Maximum public discussion on this will make it work, IF YOU LISTEN & ACTUALLY IMPLEMENT THE FEEDBACK. May the God of your chosing bless you as you pursue this endeavor.
    Agent Pneuma
    "I am what I am, and that's all that I am."
    -Popeye the sailor

Originally posted by Dareus
    Think about this engi's before whining.
    What does this really stop? Engineers sub level 100 using slayers.

Thats it. How many sub 100 Mp's are using demons?
    How many sub 100 crats using Ninjadroids? Not many I assume.

I think for self buffers this remains the same. THis stops the uber Dude. Sure a guns ql 200 is ql 150 buts it makes that much of a difference. All in all this is a great patch, and Needed to.

Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323364 ... LastLast