Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

"A low 90's MP left our misson group the other day b/c we decided to do a 130-140 mission. She didn't want us to waste her time b/c she could solo 130 missions."

She was overstating her abilities to leave you and join a more productive group. ql 130 missions can be completely in a very small group in the 90's. Maybe 2 or 3 people.

Better exp to do ql 170 missions which a full good group of 90+'s can handle.

Need calmers, a really good tank (who knows how to pull) and a group that knows how to group though.

Originally posted by Crymcyn

Newsflash... a lvl 74 character shouldn't be soloing lvl 84 mobs. End of story. Next whiner please.
    WTF are you talking about?

Im currently lvl 76, and i solo 90s w/o any real risk.
    No exploits, no outside buffs, nothing worn or implanted that I can't buff myself into, and in no way at all affected by 14.2.

When I was lvl 50, I could solo 75s.

At 20, I could solo 50s.

Once i get over a small skill jump, I'll be soloing 100s at 80.

All within the original intended design of the devs, and against the insipid HPs the mobs have.

I have played since the beta 4, only took a bit of time off in the middle. I have seen my friends leave one after another and made new friends only to see them go as well. I know for a fact that this patch will make the rest of them go as well, and as I have always said I mainly stay in the game for the people I guess I'll be out of choices.

I can not see my already fixed MP and MA being affected by the OE patch that much, but it will make my level82 soldier completely unplayable - only way for that soldier to solo 50% missions is to use that nice shiny QL151 Nova Flow (she had QL119 before, no chance of killing things) and if the damage is reduced well thats bye bye soldier. Yes grouping is fun and it should be encouraged NOT enforced as the motive of the game was to make it possible to solo if you wanted to do so (or has this been forgotten by everyone by now).

Do not take this patch the way it is right now to live before testing things properly and listening to everyone. I do not do PVP and could not care less if someone with not good enough equipment can't PVP (I think it should be pretty obvious that you won't do well in that case) or newbies complaining someone experienced has good gun and even better armour while they wear what ever they got off their own level mission (that's how I started as well).

This patch will make my main unplayable so fix the PVM so that soloing is possible before taking the ability to solo with certain professions off the game completely.

my 32 MP can _SOLO_ 100% missions.
    my 57 ENG WITH wrangle/mochams, whatever, RED BOT, can solo 50% fine, 75% NO CHANCE. Beyond 75% you're talking deep HELL and COMPLETE inability to progress.

So how's that for character balance?
    I sugest that you don't know anything about either profession.

Ask two level 100 MP's and Engineers and see where the balance is.

People who don't have players past level 100 shouldn't whine about profession balance.

Great news. I'm very glad to see the number of people that are pro outnumber the con on here by a wide margin.

One thing I'd like to add. Funcom when the original writeup about OEing came out not long ago the changes included an MOB AC reduction AS WELL AS a MOB Hitpoint reduction.

Over the past several months mobs.. particularly mission NPC's have had there hp's boosted into infinity.. especially at high lvl. Now if you ask me (and the many many others on here who are against excessive OEing) these NPC's are increadibly tough and hense it is nearly impossible to do anything over 50%.. for some 50% is even impossible. Now yes.. 50% is even-level, but even combat classes that don't over-equip find doing them hard. For an example:

My soldier on test is level 92. He is not over-equipped. He wears QL110-125 Flowers Tech, QL90 implants, QL125 Medium Tank, uses the Hellspinner Shock Cannon (requires lvl71 but is as good as a QL120-125 Novaflow, although I could use a lvl135 nova post-QL125 items are much harder to come by in test.. as you can imagine). The only over-equipped item he has on him is a LLTS which Wonamno helped me equip.. and it's only QL54 (never raised any of the skills required.) He has 2'300hp or so and his 3 main AC's are in the mid 2500's.

Anyway.. I recorded the hitpoints on several light-green to yellow NPC's in missions and I came up with the following results. Every MOB I faced (from nanomage casters to atrox tanks) had between 7'000 and 12'000 hitpoints. For light-green to yellow con. These MOB's are supposed to be even-level. Now I understand that there hitpoints needs to be higher then ours simply because they don't have specials and bots and pets and such.. but this is a bit extreme. In a typical even-con fight with a non-OE'd lvl92 soldier I have to cast my MKIV shield and use my Alpha of Burst/FA (resulting in 1.6-4.4k dmg) to even have the slightest chance of survival. If I don't have any specials and my nano's are unusable (do to recently using MK) I cannot hope to win.

For this reason the average fight usually lasts 10 minutes for me (including recover time on my nano's-not-in-use, specials and healing) and several hours for a full mission.

I hope this has explained why MOB health needs to drop when OEing is fixed in 14.2. Oh.. one more thing.. if I ever seen an even-con Atrox mob they typically have over 10k HP's.. so if I plan on even taking them on.. I pull them to the mission entrance so I can dive out and heal).

Again.. at higher level NPC health is drastically high. I think it needs to be reduced to 1/2 what it currently is and specials capped at doing 40%dmg max (not that my Alpha Strike even gets close to that, usually drops even-con mobs health by about 5-10%.

If you agree.. please bump.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Originally posted by Dareus

People who don't have players past level 100 shouldn't whine about profession balance.
    My doc would be level 150 now if she hadn't gotten stuck at 98.
    Do you have a 100 MP and a 100 Eng?
    That'd be the only way you could really be in a posistion to tell me not to whine.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Neat! Doctor's got a new nano too!
    Its called Iron Circle! Buffs AC's and Str/Stam!

Originally posted by Crymcyn

Someone obviously doesn't know what psychosis pets do...

CALM
    and someone obviously don't play a MP...

max my Tumulten (highest ql mezz pet) have calmed a mob is 5 sec, that was on a leet in backyards.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

My doc would be level 150 now if she hadn't gotten stuck at 98.
    You should petition, they can take players out of walls now.

Do you have a 100 MP and a 100 Eng?
    Yes, I have a 100 MP, and I play with a post 100 Eng.

That'd be the only way you could really be in a posistion to tell me not to whine.
    I'm in a position to tell you not to whine because I know how powerful an engineer is post level 80ish. You aren't level 80 yet so there you go.

Thumbs down WHY PET NERF

I like the thought of guns and armor being fixed but nerfing MP engineer and crat PETS WHY, do you want to do this Mp will suck even worse then they do now. engineers will have no hope, and crats wount be verry good eather but Engineers and MPs will fil it the most, WHY DONT YOU FIX MORE BUGS FUNCOM, INSTED YOU TRY TO MAKE AO HARDER AND NERF profS ALL THE TIME. well you Funcom will lose ppl over this pet nerf and so on.

I should mention. If the MOB Hps aren't at MOST 75% of what they are now when this patch goes live, you will lose one of my accounts (the GFs, who has no patience w/ FC patches) and the other will be parked for one patch. If its still not 75% at MOST, then you will lose mine as well.

FC, you test this HUGE CHANGE for a whole two weeks like normal and rush it out, you'll think 12.6 was nothing.

I love the ideas you are going to do in this patch, but as FION said you must drop the HP of all the mobs over lvl 100.

I got another idea though lower the MOBS Min damage. I myself at lvl 92 with QL130 graft armor on when fighting a soilder or agent mob orange to me he does around 120 damge al lthe time no more no less and im dreading to see the min damage on mobs over 100+. But im getting of the disscusion here .

Overequiping is good and bad , poeple need to OE to survive in this game but makes PVP nightmare for none Overequipers
    . So you need to help by A: lowering HP and B: lowering min damage of Mobs to help the players soloing in missions.

I think thats all i have to say on this
    muftak

Proud member of Redemption

Well 14.2 looks sweet if you ask me, it should bring more balance to the lvl 1-125 game, lvl 125-170 well not really sure it varies alot there what people do and not all good weapon require overequiping of more than 0-15% of course some options will be removed for professions with all darkblue weapon skills but hey that's ok i personaly don't think a lvl 140 ish none soldier should be using a ql 200 alphatrike gun

As for the 170-200 game the effects will be minor if any the only bad part i can think of is that the Edge of Tarresque will be impossible to use since 2he can't be buffed that high even for lvl 200 enforcers.

there might be a few weapons with similar problems thought but no more than a handfull.

IP rest wooo can't wait, i can finnaly reclaim the ip i wasted on pillows.

Concealment changes sure great plant but then i remember suggesting the same changes back in beta4.

Over-equipping is what seperates this game from every other MMORPG.

You really need to STOP LISTENING TO WHINERS. IT IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE PLAYERS THAT WE HAVE FIGURED OUT WAYS to "EXPLOIT" YOUR JUNKY BUG FILLED GAME. With that said, STOP NERFING EVERYTHING!!!!! Damn i swear the people who "work" for funcome are some of te stupidest programmers ive ever had the displeasure to see. And i have worked in the games biz. The "programmers" at funcom suck in the worst way possible. Of course i fully expect that no employee of thiers will ever read this post, but that is not unusual.

HERES SOME TIPS FOR YOU IDIOTS AT FUNCOM.

HIRE SOME REAL PROGRAMMERS.
    HIRE SOMEONE TO SPELL CHECK FOR YOU WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH.
    STOP NERFING WHEN PEOPLE WHINE.
    RESTORE NPCS TO GIVE XP. ONLY REASON THIS WAS DISABLED IS THE WHINING OF PLAYERS TO ARKS (who know even less about whats going on than the stupid programmers mentioned above)
    DONT NERF THINGS BECAUSE YOU CANT FIX THE BUGS THAT ARE UNDERNEATH THE PROBLEM!

FUNCOM STOP LISTENING TO WHINERS. LET THE GAME DESIGNERS DO THIER JOB AND LET THIER DESIGNS STAND. NOT ALL CLASSES SHOULD BE EQUAL IN PVP.

ARGGGHHHH!!
    I hate posting when i know no relevant person will read it..

And for all of you idiots who are going to flame me, before you post, stop and think about taking your head out of your ....

Hey buddy, man, lay off the caffiene. Heres a link that may help...

http://www.primehealth.net/adhd.html

Re: WHY PET NERF

Originally posted by Eratai
    I like the thought of guns and armor being fixed but nerfing MP engineer and crat PETS WHY, do you want to do this Mp will suck even worse then they do now. engineers will have no hope, and crats wount be verry good eather but Engineers and MPs will fil it the most, WHY DONT YOU FIX MORE BUGS FUNCOM, INSTED YOU TRY TO MAKE AO HARDER AND NERF profS ALL THE TIME. well you Funcom will lose ppl over this pet nerf and so on.
    sigh

People, please, do the math b4 you complain.

My GF lvl 75, gets masteries from me and makes her ql103 engi bot. After 14.2, the masteried go away and: nothing. If you look at the 20% rule and the engi pets, its staged so that when u can get wrangle/MP buff from someone of roughly equiv level, that buff leaving will NOT affect your pet. Mind you, you can't get both, but come on, a lvl 105 engi w/ a slayer is kinda out there.
    I cant speak for crats, but I'm willing to bet its the same there.

There are serious issues that this patch will bring up, but common overequiping for pets is not one of them. Getting a pet more than 20 lvls above you is. But then, how easy do you want the damn game?

I'm much more concerned about:
    FCs changing of MOB HPs
    Can we still chain-in implants
    Healing pets and a buff dropping due to a long fight.
    What they're going to do to make agents playable after lvl 100
    Soldiers. Ohh man, pretty much EVERYTHING about soldiers.
    Traders in PVP, i.e, MAKE NANITE RESIST ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING.

Edit: FC, for the love of all thats holy, if you are ever going to make the MA crit buffs self only, you HAVE to do it before the IP reset. HAVE TO.

These changes will be good to kill ubertwinks

But for the love of god, you're going to crush Fixers. Fixers already do crap damage, and that is with using an massively equipped weapon.

Then you introduce the Chem Mausser, and tell us its "more damaging". Bullsh!t. It's LESS damaging PER REQ SKILL. Guess what? I guess once your past 120 you won't care, but for all those under it...

Why the hell does this gun require 1070 SMG?? Our prof has NO smg buff past the newbie one. Soldiers get to equip a 200 nova at sub 800 skill?? A 200 beamer at about the same? Why are smgs the ones that require extremely high skills - were they that powerful? And now any Fixer under level 100 will have to not overequip.

Why the hell do mobs STILL get 5x my life? Why do they STILL get to cast/shoot at the same time?

Basically
    #1 MOBs havent' been weakened enough for this change.
    #2 Any profession who can't buff their own main weapon skill is in trouble - esp if they were weak to begin with (hi advs and fixers)

John

Originally posted by Dareus

I'm in a position to tell you not to whine because I know how powerful an engineer is post level 80ish. You aren't level 80 yet so there you go.
    Okay I recede.

You're not in a posistion to tell me not to whine because I utilize freedom of speech and I feel personally I will be effected in an adverse manner...

It's my right to "whine".

This patch will effect sub 100 players, causing them more difficulty to obtain said level than YOU did, which of course is fair to YOU so YOU don't have the ability to whine about MY concerns...

The intent of my initial responce was merely to hinder the "shut up" portion of this thread by those relatively uneffected by it.

If you wish to continue with your intrepid flaming, have at. I'm GLAD your eng will be so mildly nerfed to a point you're content with. I'm not. That's that.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Hahaha

Oh, I just had to let you know what a chuckle you gave me there Fion. 10 minutes to fight a single MOB. Not laughing at your character at all. Sounds adequately mediocre. Plus, you've repeatedly said you hold your characters back from excelling out of a sense of personal commitment to the quest to have everyone be mediocre. That's commendable.

The big chuckle comes from the fact that that's what the designers want the game to turn into. 'Epic' battles between mediocre characters and MOB's approximately their level. Now, the mission that runs along at a brisk clip and is done in 45 minutes to an hour for the character who is well-equipped and properly planned will take how long? 50 monsters times 10 minutes each is how long? 500 minutes? Like 8 hours or so?

For crap experience.

This is 'vision'? Just because your stupid rules could not prevent the wise or dedicated player from far outpowering the ignorant or lazy player we end up with band-aid fixes that wreak of unprofessionalism and a hands-in-the-air surrender to the challenge of properly balancing a simple game.

So now we placate the ignorant lvl50's who got whupped by a wise lvl40. This is considered 'wrong' for some reason. The way to set it 'right' is to PUNISH the clever and dedicated and put fake limits on how much they can achieve.

Try explaining this to the young athlete who can break the 100m dash record that you're going to break his legs at the 90m mark if he seems to be runnign to fast because he hasn't raced long enough. It doesn't matter how talented or dedicated he is. There are other ignorant, mediocre runners who 'deserve' to finish ahead of him because they've run more 'laps'.

Artificial barriers make me sick. Fix the game so you don't have the intelligent, dedicated lvl7 enforcer ABLE to put on the qlvl200 beam. Don't PUNISH him if he's smarter than the game designers. FunCom, it's YOUR fault that YOUR game allowed that player to equip that item. He is proud of being able to do it and wants to reap some benefit over the crappy lvl15 beam that every other damn enforcer in the entire damn game is going to be wielding.

Those of us who understand the game are begging with you not to drag it into the sewers of every other online game where every single solitary character of a particular profession and level are wearing the same gear, with the same skillset, and an exactly 50%/50% chance of killing each other in a duel. There's no physical skill involved with playing this game other than how long you can stay awake on the weekends. Please don't take away the only thing that mattered: the mental skill of character management. Your artificial caps (and IP-reset 'mistake-eraser') remove the last challenge except 'time'.

If you can't fix the game so that players are allowed to excel versus other players while still maintaing a degree of sanity regarding maximum power then fire the idiots and hire some game designers who can come up with a REAL solution.

As far as I can see..this means that the solo careers of a few professions are reduced.

I'm an Engineer, lvl 85 and with selfbuffs and ql 90 implants I can summon a common guardbot..That bot will be orange to me. Now..how will I find the IP to do nano skills, trade skills and EVADES, which suddenly will be necessary for survival. because unless you are willing to solo at level or worse..your bot will die..in the welcome commity in the first room of missions. Reallocation is all well and good..but there still wont be enough.

*copulate this I'm going to demand a refund of the 2 months left on my subscription*

Implants...They have treatment requirements way above what you normally have in treatment skill..even when they're the same level you are..there is no way I can achieve 436 in treatment by the time I'm lvl 90. How will they be affected by that?!?

*intercourse this stupid game and all it's vagaries*

Pets..as mentioned above..will become not the main weapon of engineers..but support to the pistol or shotgun you'll be forced to carry..Ach..what the h*** do I bother posting for.

off to try to cancel my account and get some of my money back

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303162 ... LastLast