Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282960 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Originally posted by Crymcyn

Someone obviously doesn't know what psychosis pets do...

CALM

OE is good for PvP. Do you want PvP to be predictable? Then you might as well skip the fighting part and just do the math to see who wins a fight. PvP is more like a sport, compared the regular leveling and such. If you want to play in this PvP sport then you need to be suited for such. OE'd players are like athletes in PvP. They wouldn't let an average person play in the NFL, or the NBA. OE gives diversity to the game, do you want everyone to be exactly the same as far as armor, weapons, etc.? Professions who are weaker than others at certain points are going to be stronger at other points. Stopping OE significantly hurts soldiers, especially at lower levels, who rely on their guns completely for battle.

This may get some flames... but...

People who have played this game for a long period of time, should have an advantage over people who haven't. It like telling Marco Polo that because he's a discoverer, it's unfair to the rest of us.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Re: OE

Originally posted by Wompla
    Well I'm ok with the numbers but I see one problem

If your going to force teams to EQUIP a trader then at least exstend the time of the wrangles to at LEAST 30min and more realistic ONE HOUR.

But to have a Trader standing around running wrangles every THREE minutes is totally retarded

Just my views, since I'm only in the game for 50 days it will be very easy for me to MOVE on to a different platform with no ill feeling what so ever *Waves goodbye to Funcom*
    well, it IS very pssible, and very viable. I, myself, keep teamwrangles on all the time (at least I try to.. I have some minor glitches of ½ to 1 minute before I relize it, and begin casting.

So there!

And as for pet-classe feeling gimped with this OE-thing, remember that mobs WILL BE NERFED along with the rest of us.

This patch fixes so many problems!

Mobs once was made stronger because FunCom didn'
    t expect players to overequip as much as we have.

lvl 50 peeps should NOT be able to run around with ql 150 weapons without SOME penalties.

oh, and the sneaking part... excellent!

Maybe I should dust off my agent again...?
    He serves some kind of purpose after this one....

mps

From lvl 100-120 as an mp i had to settle for orange pets.
    Yet i could solo VERY high lvl missions, sure it took me forever but its possible with alot of strategy.
    This game has turned to some elitist society so that if you dont have the best of gear and unique loot to be able to cast those uber pets or buffs you are considered a gimp.

Elitist : "What you cant do infuses? But you lvl 100"

Me : "Im sorry but im solitus so i cant use the shades of lucubration and the uber vest of proff jones, nor have i used the treatment exploit to get in to uber implants"

Elitist : "Get out of my face GIMP!"

Oh and btw i allways keep all buffs running so i can recast my pets if one of them dies, i will not be able to use lma, essence and exagerated health combined with my buffs but that is the price that i will have to pay for beeing a pet user.

OE And Others Update Article

WEll, it doesnt sound as bad as i thought.

I like how they implimented the idea that if you have a trader or fiver or doctor in your group to rebuff during battle, you may still use yoru items, that makes sense.

I am very eager to use the points reset, my character originated back in july, but i stopped playing, lost my char, and restarted him in jan, and spent some points unwisely, now that i know (with the changes to the game) what skills are unused by my agent)

I am eager to see teh new nanos and items for agents,

I like the new sneak. But i dont think the logic behind the change is solid. a person with a perception lower than my concealment should NOT be able to see me if i am in a successful sneak, period. he shouldnt have a chance at seeing me at all, no two ways around it.

but other than that i think 14.2 will be very nice, very clean, the game is making its turnaround, and is on those lsat few important laps so to speak.

Good Luck Funcom, i hop ethe patches work as you had intended.

Originally posted by Deljin Blaed
    Btw I don't think everyone will be as weak as they think...I am a low-level MP (12)i can equip a level 20 pet and next level i will use a ql24 pet(so this may not hold true for higher levels) but I self-buff myself into a Deep, Dark, Blood red pet...i can solo full red missions as long as I am CAREFUL (meaning not running into a room without looking then complaining cause I die instantly)
    You have NOOOOO idea what you are talking about. When you get to level 100, and your pet is 5 levels above you, you will get HOSED by all mobs greater than green.

The ONLY way to gain even slightly decent exp as an Engineer or MP is to have a pet MUCH higher than you. Otherwise, it will take 10 times more missions to gain levels.

And to people who say that Engineers shouldn't be able to attack greater than yellows (evens), what are you high??? Most other professions can EASILY take oranges. Our pets hit for NOTHING compared to to any damage dealing profession.

Funcom, you really need to consider how this patch will make the engineers life miserable.

Thanks Dscaper..

I was unsure about the duration of the highest, and I am sure that extra 20secs really helps (umm well not really). but you see my point.

Looki'n good!

Nice article!
    Goes into much disgussed issues and clarifies many questions!
    Can't wait for the IP Realocation! Gona be swell fixing them 'ol mistakes!

All I seem to see is lacking is the small or none documentation on the NT's issues, but I guess we aren't that far behind in the queue now as its been allmost a year since we started whining.

Anyways, keep it up!

/me takes the icecream
    "Sweet!"

Btw Cz, is there an estemated time for the 14.2 patch? 1 month? 1,5 months? By the end of April?
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

Thumbs down *waves goodbye*

Ice cream for everyone!

Except for anyone in the 75-100 level range. You guys all get a cone with poop in it.

Wow, it's hard enough that these guys are expected to defend themselves against PvP-ers 100+ levels higher, right now, while weapon damage still at 100%.

One other thing... Funcom, please just delete the Trader profession. No more Traders, period (unless someone out there just wants to play a PvP-Engie/NT killing, non-solo profession).

And Traders will soon be able to measure their skills by how many 20% damage-reduction tiers they can reach?
    Originally posted by Cz
    The 25% reduction in efficiency on weapons and armour will happen for each step of 20% that you over-equip.
    In theory, the most ingenious of low/mid level Traders will be powerful enough to buff themselves into a shotgun that does ZERO damage (or better yet, adds health) to mobs, after those 3-minute buffs wear off? Wow, what a great way to reward all of that mission work, & well-thought-out character outfitting.

(FYI for anyone who has never played a Trader: Maintaining your own self-buffs is damn near impossible. Ransack skill nanos are laughably easy to resist to any mob that cons yellow or better.)

The ability to buff into high-ql shotguns was the ONLY edge that Traders had in PvE: Health is generally low, & health drain nanos are too costly to be relied upon. Heals are poor outside of a team. Crowd control abilities are alright, but not as strong as those of other professions. Skill drains are outstanding in PvP (& will potentially become even more so), but have little effect on mobs.

Okay... you Trader guys, time to give back the ice cream. It's poop cones for you, instead. Oh yeah.. that goes for Engies, too. You can rest assured that there will be griefer-Metas & a gimpy Trader or two, waiting for you to cross into the 25%.

-Templar Red

Originally posted by Corri_SOTA
    Lets talk about !!!EVENS!!!

Lvl 74 Engineer with ql 110 implants in place and a lvl 84 bot (self buffed) I should be able to kill a lvl 84 mob since I can heal my bot right ? WRONG! I can not even touch a lvl 84 mob. They hit much harder and much faster than my bot does! Trimmed and with all my buffs he still gets beat down. I may win 1 of 5 fights but if he moves off my bot... I am already dead! There is no trick to stop this... I will die and it will be ugly... WELCOME TO RECLAIM, now serving all of RK1 after patch 14.2! Please wait there are to many players in reclaim at this time!

Yes MOBS are way to powerful with out over equipping!

What do you guys do to figure the stats for each mob in a mission ? How come they are so powerful ? Why are thier stats / AC maxxed so often....

Fix them before you fix us!
    Newsflash... a lvl 74 character shouldn't be soloing lvl 84 mobs. End of story. Next whiner please.

Pantheon... hehe - point was taken well.

Casting on the other hand is going to be a problem for Atrox soldiers...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=14823 and look for the post by Zerosignal
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Crymcyn

Originally posted by Crymcyn

CALM
    you obviously don't know that the psychosis pet doesn't work

Why are you checking?

Both are clearly answered in the original post.

Originally posted by Cz

Checking on these two questions now.

Scumbug, somebody might drop some cookies later. Feel free to grab those. I'm not that hungry today.

Cz

Finally OE is being fixed, and we are getting a IP reset and we can reset some IP in the future too. Plus the agent fixes so far look great, the Perception skill will now be a viable skill to raise!

Looking good so far.

W0000000000T!!!!!!!

Yes!!!

My agent thanks you from the bottom of his heart!!!

There WILL be a future for my agent!! woooohooooo!!!

Keep up the good work guys
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

I play a 120 Trader and...

I run 3 drain pairs (all the way to the highest) and usually maintain them throughout a solo mission. It isn't THAT hard. I use a ql 200 Defender and can EASILY make it within the 20% rule.

What I will NOT do is maintain drain pairs AND team wrangles through a mission. That is a nightmare that I simply won't participate in. So, all of you out there will just have to love me for my 4k crits...take care of your own skill levels.

Originally posted by Templar Red
    Ice cream for everyone!

Except for anyone in the 75-100 level range. You guys all get a cone with poop in it.

Wow, it's hard enough that these guys are expected to defend themselves against PvP-ers 100+ levels higher, right now, while weapon damage still at 100%.

One other thing... Funcom, please just delete the Trader profession. No more Traders, period (unless someone out there just wants to play a PvP-Engie/NT killing, non-solo profession).

And Traders will soon be able to measure their skills by how many 20% damage-reduction tiers they can reach?

In theory, the most ingenious of low/mid level Traders will be powerful enough to buff themselves into a shotgun that does ZERO damage (or better yet, adds health) to mobs, after those 3-minute buffs wear off? Wow, what a great way to reward all of that mission work, & well-thought-out character outfitting.

(FYI for anyone who has never played a Trader: Maintaining your own self-buffs is damn near impossible. Ransack skill nanos are laughably easy to resist to any mob that cons yellow or better.)

The ability to buff into high-ql shotguns was the ONLY edge that Traders had in PvE: Health is generally low, & health drain nanos are too costly to be relied upon. Heals are poor outside of a team. Crowd control abilities are alright, but not as strong as those of other professions. Skill drains are outstanding in PvP (& will potentially become even more so), but have little effect on mobs.

Okay... you Trader guys, time to give back the ice cream. It's poop cones for you, instead. Oh yeah.. that goes for Engies, too. You can rest assured that there will be griefer-Metas & a gimpy Trader or two, waiting for you to cross into the 25%.

-Templar Red

Looks like I got a choice... either an ice cream with ice cream on top, or the 14.0 version of the ice cream.

I'll stick with the ice cream that really does have ice cream on top.

*looks under the surface of the ice cream to find poop hidden below*

Bleh!
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

I think the IP reset is a great idea, especially for people who misused their IP at lower levels and now know what to do with them.
    As far as OE affecting PvP, it's only really affecting low level PvP and besides, it's mostly the high level buffs these people are using that make the most difference. If you choose to PvP below level 75 then you are going to have to deal with a diversity of opponents. One day you might be able to defeat someone ten levels above you, then the next get your ass kicked by someone ten levels below you. That's how it should be anyways, not look at a persons level/profession and decide whether you want to fight or not. It totally removes any need for chance or luck, you could never bet on a fight at an arena because the winner has already been decided by level. This game will end up like Everquest (aka Levelquest).
    You should implement a new grouping system for waging wars where you can join an army and then you can fight against anyone in the opposing army regardless of their level and the suppression of the zone you are in. You would also be able to help and aid people on your side of the conflict as though they were in your group. This would make it possible for Clans and Omni to conflict, rather than hide on different sides of the world.

You routinely gimp your OWN damage output?

Bah! Not this Trader...my teams love my 4k crits...

Originally posted by Mmore

well, it IS very pssible, and very viable. I, myself, keep teamwrangles on all the time (at least I try to.. I have some minor glitches of ½ to 1 minute before I relize it, and begin casting.

So there!

And as for pet-classe feeling gimped with this OE-thing, remember that mobs WILL BE NERFED along with the rest of us.

This patch fixes so many problems!

Mobs once was made stronger because FunCom didn'
    t expect players to overequip as much as we have.

lvl 50 peeps should NOT be able to run around with ql 150 weapons without SOME penalties.

oh, and the sneaking part... excellent!

Maybe I should dust off my agent again...?
    He serves some kind of purpose after this one....

Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282960 ... LastLast