Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 407172737475767778798081828384858687888990
Results 1,781 to 1,788 of 1788

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

This is not a reply just to this post

Originally posted by mickey
    It's always funny to hear that people try to blackmail the game company. If you dont listen to what i say me and many others will leave this game. They said it to UO, they said it to EQ, they say it now and they will say it when shadowbane and starwars are running. Why is it then that the first two (who are longer running than ao) are still there? Mostly because people have a big mouth and when the time is there to do what they say they wanted to do they back off and keep playing. Me and many others will go play another game, please do it, go away and play another game.

I still can turn it around. Me and many others will leave this game when they dont implement OE. Leaving this game to the twinkies.

Funcom says its a bug. A bug that is around since the beginning. Slowly all the bugs are removed and the game will go the way it should be. If you dont like it leave, dont turn around and look back. The ones who are staying will have less lag.

We will see if they will leave the game. If they do then i must say that they had the guts to do it. If they dont leave, they are nothing more than whiners and i have no sympathy at all for them.

edit: trying to remove some spelling and grammar errors
    Mickey,

It has taken me almost a year to get to know all the things I know about AO, about character building and how to play AO. I take pride in making my character as good as possible and I get offended when someone who has played for 5-6 weeks starts whining about overequipping.

My main will never be affected by the OE part of this patch. He can selfqeuip almost any assault weapon in the game, but What FC has done now is to take away any wish I have to make a new character and lvl him/her up.

Beartwo will remain in the game for quite a while yet. I have played, given advice, donated implants/weapons/armor/money to others for almost a year.

14.2 i s just another slap in the face for me and it is very unlikely that I will start another character on its way to lvl 200. Many friends of mine know I have a high lvl character in AO and they ask me if they should join......
    Thats a question I cannot answer for them. Had I had more of a temper I would have left after 12.6, but I stayed...

I definately do NOT want to go through patch hell with one more character.

14.2 makes AO n00b friendly.... and near impossible as yo near the middle lvls. Mobs will still have insane AC/HP and you will be stuck using weapons that do low damage.

I dislike the catering to lazy individuals. There should always be things to learn when you start playing a game. 14.2 says you no longer need to learn anything.... To me that indicates that AO has taken a step towards becoming a silly game.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: This is not a reply just to this post

Originally posted by Beartwo

Mickey,

It has taken me almost a year to get to know all the things I know about AO, about character building and how to play AO. I take pride in making my character as good as possible and I get offended when someone who has played for 5-6 weeks starts whining about overequipping.

14.2 makes AO n00b friendly.... and near impossible as yo near the middle lvls. Mobs will still have insane AC/HP and you will be stuck using weapons that do low damage.

I dislike the catering to lazy individuals. There should always be things to learn when you start playing a game. 14.2 says you no longer need to learn anything.... To me that indicates that AO has taken a step towards becoming a silly game.
    I have also been playing since game start and will continue to play. Most of the fixes to the game play have been due to PVP. Instead of fixing the main problem they implemented things like reducing PVP damage and increasing MOB HP and AC. If they had fixed the OE first instead of all these in between items we would not be having this problem now.

I also hate the fact that they are going to implement 14.2 first and wait for all the complaints about MOB HP and THEN maybe fix the HP they more than doubled. Seems about the same way they have done some of the other patches in the past. They need to do the 14.2 AND fix the HP for the MOBs at the same time.
    Goodpheel Level 159 Doc
    No Alts RK-2

Originally posted by mickey
    A lot of people are saying that they will quit due to patch 14.2 But we could turn this around, what would happen if people are leaving the game because patch 14.2 would not happen.
    Funcom is balancing the game. It seems that the only thing people are interresting in is getting to level 200 fast. Funcom is making that difficult to do. As it should be, not everyone can get to level 200. As it would be in real life. Not averyone makes it to the board of directors but are still working in a normal departments.
    Would it be fun to get in 1 or 2 months to level 200. What are you planning to do after that? Create a new character and get him/her also to level 200? Its plain and simple that a lot of people would drop the game after 2 or 3 chars. The longer it takes to get to level 200 the more money Funcom is making. And also, the longer the game is interresting for the players.
    OE never should have happened and i'm glad that it will be shut down. If that means that there are players leaving because of this well go away. The less lag i and others have.
    People are interested to getting to 200 fast because they get enjoyment out of progress. There is no other game mechanic enjoyment to reap in AO except perhaps OE'ing/twinking. 80% of all zones are messy and randomly designed. There is virtually no significant quest base... not even a significant dialogue base. I am talking game enjoyment here, socializing in a graphic based chat client is not a game.

If make you leveling alot more difficult, you will do a few things. One, you will eliminate one GOOD feature of AO. Fast progression is one of the greatest things in AO. Secondly, you will turn people away from one part of the game, and where will they look to? Where are these great alternatives to leveling in AO? Don't you think they should introduce alternatives BEFORE they get rid of a feature?

So what, some people get level 200 in 2 months... maybe make another character, and play for 2 more months. As a game company, you should be thrilled to get someone to pay you 50 dollars up front, and retain their enjoyment for 4 months and get another 40 dollars out of them. Most people buy a game and beat it in 1 week. As an example, Morrowind has 100 times the content of AO and took alot more work to make then AO, it's a single player RPG title. They survive on their initial fee.

OE'ing is a design flaw in the weapon system. It's not a bug. It goes alot deeper then they want you to believe. But instead of actually fixing it completely, they will just nerf it for now. And maybe 3-6 months down the road, fix it. Why not just fix it NOW???

The debate over this is dead. 14.2 is scheduled for Wed according to Cosmik.

I think the OE changers are Right. Others think they are Wrong. Right or wrong, it's coming to the servers in a few days.

At this point it's almost a guarranteed safe thing to say that some time Wed, the game will change. The only thing that would stop the patch is a bug, not a concept debate.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

lets all get nekked

What do you say now? I think the changes to crits buffs and OE were all good. The classes are balanced out to where they should be.

No more shotguns in the hands of everyone under the sun. NTs are actually able to impress the team with their nukes, now that the crits are fewer.

I will admit that I miss the old days of slapping a ql180 Lovemaker rifle on my 77 agent.

But, as was the trader team heal nerf, this was all for PvP.

so... we won't all get nekkid?

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 407172737475767778798081828384858687888990