Page 1 of 90 123456789101112131415161718192051 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Over-equipping - here we go....

Gaute's latest article gives a deeper look into the changes to over-equipping scheduled for the 14.2 patch. Read the article here, and share your views on it.

Oh, and keep it clean guys. No swearing and other no-no stuff, please.

/me hands out some ice cream before the debate starts

Important update (March 11th, 2002 14:59)
    (Gaute asked me to include this here, since it was not explained in the article.)

The 25% reduction in efficiency on weapons and armour will happen for each step of 20% that you over-equip.

E.g. having a weapon that require 23% higher skill than your current skills will reduce its damage by 25%, and having one that require 43% higher skills will reduce it with 50%. (I hope I got that right now.)

Oh, and it will not affect belts, belt components and implants.

Hi.

After reading the article, I am very encouraged for the future of AO. These changes, if implemented correctly, sound great. Essentially, unless you have exploited in some way, all these changes mean is that people will actually have to start PLAYING again. Effort will be put back into the game. These are all positive things.
    I have 1 question and 1 comment:

1. The article did not mention implants, so I am assuming they are not affected. With the surgery clininc, any implant you put in is going to be(usually) more than 20% overequipped. Is this a correct conclusion? How about items such as NCU decks, util and hud items??

2. Considering the huge anount of buffs affecting armor and weapons that can be run, would it be possible to have an "overequipping alert". That way, in combat, if I lose a vital buff that causes an item to become overequipped, I would know. It wouldn't even have to be specific. Just a simple "an item has lost effectiveness" would alert me to check my gear.....

Thanks for the info and looks good!

ok,

over equipping, I guess I will wait anf see how it effects the game. only thing that I could see in regards to this was that Gaute mentioned that mob AC had already been reduced in 13.8 by 60%.

it wasnt mentioned that mobs were going to see any changes to make them easier, since we will no longer be able to hit as hard and they are too difficult as they are (or annoying with the questionable AI)

as for IPR... I dont see having it as a constant part of the game as a good thing. but I guess I dont have to use it myself

I just don't get it.

A level 80(ish) Enforcer wields a ql 200 hammer, and has it reduced 25% in damage.

A level 80 MP uses a QL 113 Pet and loses 100% control.

Not to mention that while it's very nice that the attack pet continues functioning, if the heal pet stops before the battles over it's back to reclaim for that MP.

How bout NTs? A simple divest/ransack and reclaim?

No more mob debuffs planed? Sorry, I thought you worked this out.

/me gives the icecream back. it tastes sour.

Does this include NCU belts and chips?

Example: you put in implants to raise your comp lit, buff intelligence and CL expertise and put your new belt and chips in. Once the buffs have expired and the implants have been removed would you have 25% less NCU if the items fell outside of the 20% boundary?

if someone was to 300% OE would they only get a 25% output reduction on their weapon?

if that is the case then these changes will only really effect those who have slightly over equiped. the exploiters who have hugely over equipped will still have the advantage.

I am sure someone will flame me if I'm wrong

Thumbs up

Holla,

finally a patch which moves something. The overequipping was ridiculous anyway. And the IP-Redistribution sounds nice.

I'm looking forward to this patch.

And for all you whiners: If you cannot stand the new patch just change the game and stop posting here.

Eloy

I agree Intra, this does nothing to kill off Super twinks.

Level 7 with ql 60 armor, and ql 90 gun and 200 NCU. No problem we'll just drop you down to ql 45 armor and a ql67 gun with 200 NCU.

Thats fair.

You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
    You could say I lost my belief in the holy church
    You could say I lost my sense of direction
    You could say all of this and worse but

If I ever lose my faith in you
    There'd be nothing left for me to do

(Sting / IF I EVER LOSE MY FAITH IN YOU)

If you have the spine to implement and balance that, congrats and I am looking forward to the day this patch goes live!

- Pangur
    Last edited by Pangur; Mar 11th, 2002 at 14:48:16.

Originally posted by Urshu
    Does this include NCU belts and chips?
    Originally posted by Intra
    if someone was to 300% OE would they only get a 25% output reduction on their weapon?
    Checking on these two questions now.

Scumbug, somebody might drop some cookies later. Feel free to grab those. I'm not that hungry today.

Nice article, will might change the Economy in the game a lot. No longer will a Engie or Crat pay insane prices for a Wrangler. And those lvl 75 Agents wont anymore run around with a Q200 stigma.

Overequipping has never been my strongest asset so it wont hurt me.

But the traders will be hurt a lot, with one strike is one their lines made totally worthless. Wranglers time has to be Increased to 30 min or more, before it wil be worth anything again.
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

This article doesnt mention debuffs. So are debuffs included into the formula used to determine how much overequipped one are? If they are not I say thumbs up, if they are, well then its thumbs down from me.

Originally posted by Hoover
    Hi.

2. Considering the huge anount of buffs affecting armor and weapons that can be run, would it be possible to have an "overequipping alert". That way, in combat, if I lose a vital buff that causes an item to become overequipped, I would know. It wouldn't even have to be specific. Just a simple "an item has lost effectiveness" would alert me to check my gear.....

I would suggest something like the Item Icon goes Yellow to indicate that the item does not work as intended. Pets hass to give and talk when they not are "active"
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

the two scariest things that happened today:

1) this article
    2) somebody quoted a sting song

what I am hoping is that in the future our dmg output will be effected alot more by our attack rating.
    That way things like wrangle could be used in those situations where you come up against a boss mob and you need that extra firepower for the battle. hit the team with wrangle, watch the output go up for the duration of battle.

I always thought it would be like that, as you always got spells like that in the likes of AD&D, spells that increased output by a large amount for a short duration of time.

but the effect of attack rating were never that great so things like wrangle were only ever percieved as over equipping devices.. and now look to be nerfed.

hopefully this will not be the case as it will mean that wrangles can effect battles for a short duration of time and will mean that traders are wanted in teams for battle situations rather than buff merchants in cities

hmmm, i dont understand how the heck they exspect the Ip reset thingy to work, how do the point system work? 90 points? what do that mean? and so on, besides that, then the engineers no longer can solo missions besides thos on their own level, which is tottaly bad

Originally posted by Scumbug

2) somebody quoted a sting song
    Name your favourite boy-group and I will maybe find something suitable for you

- Pangur

Originally posted by Arila
    hmmm, i dont understand how the heck they exspect the Ip reset thingy to work, how do the point system work? 90 points? what do that mean? and so on, besides that, then the engineers no longer can solo missions besides thos on their own level, which is tottaly bad
    you mean some professions can actually solo missions over 50% at the moment?

I guess I have been playing a fixer too long, that is the norm for me

Originally posted by Kryos
    And those lvl 75 Agents wont anymore run around with a Q200 stigma.
    Heey.. I'm lvl92 !

As long as I can wear the rifle and just gain damage-output as I rise in lvl I'm all for it. Just dont want those 4 mil credits to go to waste.

----------------
    Deryal
    lvl92 Agent
    Last edited by Poteen; Mar 11th, 2002 at 15:00:33.

Page 1 of 90 123456789101112131415161718192051 ... LastLast