Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird little plants...

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Post Weird little plants...

Weird little plants have been ruining crops on RK lately; especially have the farms in the Andromeda region been hard hit. These are said to be most resilient little weedlings, immune to any kind of planticides and given they have shot roots in fertile ground, turn into ferocious, carnivore and almost alien looking hulk of a catch weed.

We have not been able to get any eyewitness information from the extermination work, except it is said to have been exceptionally hard. Only thing that is known for sure is that in the end Omni-Med and OTAF evacuated and closed off all infected areas and sent in a joint task force to eradicate the pest. A spokesman for the OT department of agriculture says the emergency is now over and the farmers back on the plantations in their usual routine.

If people come across any su****ious looking vegetation, they are advised to stay clear of it and contact the nearest authorities.

[more will come...]

So another ecological problem arises due to incompetence of the Corporation. This just shows Omni-Tek, or indeed any other profit driven body, are not the people to control Rubi-Ka's eco system.

Desert Winds and other ecological groups have warned you all this was starting to happen, no one listened and now you will have to deal with the consequences of your actions. All of you clan, omni and neutral.
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

Awww come on Nax, all these plants need is a little lovin, am sure they would be welcoming for you to drop by and cuddle them
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

CarLBanks logs onto the stratics gridsite and uploads the news

Ok, it is now on Stratics so we can get this news out.

These plants sound serious.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

I am sure the only plants Major McCovery is interested in are the ones he rolls up, sets on fire and sucks to death.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Proof of an Omni-scum eco disaster due to the **** of Rubi Ka, or Clanner secret biological warfare against the evil Corporation?

You decide.

or...

Is this a neutral conspiracy designed to promote more mistrust between the "true" factions of this conflict? Look at the above posts, and you decide...

<laughs>
    a conspiracy? What you are seeing is proof that the Rubi-Kan 'ecosystem' has been poorly planned and mismanaged, whole species have been exterminated due to changes in the W.C.S. because Omni-Tek did NOT think. Again we see their creations behaving as they should not. If we, all of us clan, omni and neutral, want to see a planet we can truly live on and call home then we must all take responsibility for our actions. All our actions impact directly onto our home, and as we are seeing they have unforeseen and potentially lethal consequences.

We are not crazed hippies nor do we make up data as some have suggested. We tried to warn and inform you all that the current path would lead to disaster. The wisest words I ever heard came from a song from the 20th century
    Lou Reed
    You've got to reap what you sow
    I hope we all endure the harvest.
    Adventurer, level 149

Originally posted by Naxilite
    So another ecological problem arises due to incompetence of the Corporation. This just shows Omni-Tek, or indeed any other profit driven body, are not the people to control Rubi-Ka's eco system.
    Feel free to transfer OFF the planet and go terraform your own baren rock at your own expense.

As long as you are here on Rubi-Ka mining notum and making a living, a little respect for the very air you breathe is in order.

Bliqs waits for a little "please and thankyou" session.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

I do respect the air i breath, I do understand that if it wasnt for Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka would be unihabitable. But I can see how it is being managed now, I have seen the havoc that has resulted from thoughtless changes. I can believe the rumours Omni-Tek deliberately mismanages the eco system so Rubi-Ka is always dependent on them. I do wonder why our eco system is not to the same standard as other colonies created by other corporations as well as Omni-Tek.

Fact - Numerous aquatic species were unexpectently made extinct by rushed changes to the W.C.S.

Fact - Mining operations have altered the behaviour of numerous species of wildlife making some areas uninhabitable to certain species ((ok only a game mechanic ))

Fact - This report from IRRK again highlights another worrying development involving the plant life.

And these are only the visible changes, who knows what else is happening we can not see.

Oh yes I am grateful to Omni-Tek for making my home habitable, I would be more grateful if they could continue to keep it habitable.
    Last edited by Naxilite; Jul 2nd, 2003 at 17:42:02.
    Adventurer, level 149

Bliqzy Bliqzy. You like to eat clanners, now imagine mr or mrs clanner has been eating polluted bronto burgers, this would poison mr and mrs clanner which in turn would poison you when you eat them. Its easy to see how looking after Rubi-Ka will mean Rubi-Ka will look after you.

Of course I'll blow your head off if you try to eat me.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally posted by Naxilite Desert Winds and other ecological groups have warned you all this was starting to happen
    Yes, you do a lot of that, but what are you doing about it?
    That's why I don't work for you anymore.
    Ike "Fikksit" Schatz - General of Desert Winds
    Sleep is for the weak

And what are you doing to make Rubi-Ka's future secure Ike? Lining your own pockets I see, and thats why I am glad you dont work for me anymore.
    Adventurer, level 149

ladies please, back to the topic at hand?
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

EEKKK why oh why did you have to give me that mental picture of Bliqz eating Drtiny *shudder*.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Dr. Tiny, A few plants running about does not make clanners sick...or neuts for that matter...And I will be thinking of somethng special to cook should we ever cross paths.

And Nax,

Fact- None of this would be here were it not for Omni-Tek. Plants, Animals, Hills, Rocks, Rain, Sky...All ASSETS to be alocated as needed.

((Fact- Being able to bend game mechanics into an RP argument is not easy, and you did a clever job of it ))
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Fact- None of this would be here were it not for Omni-Tek. Plants, Animals, Hills, Rocks, Rain, Sky...All ASSETS to be alocated as needed.
    You already said that. Running out of arguments?
    Sleep is for the weak

Originally posted by Ike

You already said that. Running out of arguments?
    No. First I said none of it would be here if it weren't for OTRK...That time I said it all belongs to OTRK to do with as they please.
    God is a bullet.

Originally posted by Naxilite
    And what are you doing to make Rubi-Ka's future secure Ike? Lining your own pockets I see, and thats why I am glad you dont work for me anymore.
    Tiny is right. This isn't the place, but I assure what I'm doing is not about me and my "pockets"
    ((Except for the stiletto thing of course))
    Sleep is for the weak

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Re: Weird little plants...

Originally posted by Editor: IRRK
    Weird little plants have been ruining crops on RK lately; especially have the farms in the Andromeda region been hard hit. These are said to be most resilient little weedlings, immune to any kind of planticides and given they have shot roots in fertile ground, turn into ferocious, carnivore and almost alien looking hulk of a catch weed.

We have not been able to get any eyewitness information from the extermination work, except it is said to have been exceptionally hard. Only thing that is known for sure is that in the end Omni-Med and OTAF evacuated and closed off all infected areas and sent in a joint task force to eradicate the pest. A spokesman for the OT department of agriculture says the emergency is now over and the farmers back on the plantations in their usual routine.

If people come across any su****ious looking vegetation, they are advised to stay clear of it and contact the nearest authorities.

[more will come...]

Vegetarian leets have been discovered in few isolated populations around Rubi-Ka. The main difference they show from their omnivorous relatives, apart from their diet of course, is that they are much more comfortable with being handled by humans. Zoo's all over the galaxy have shown interest in this little creature and put in orders, hoping they will be easier on little hands wanting to caress them than their current acquisitions of this Rubi-Kan endemic specialty.

Phenomenal amounts of asteroids have been falling in a narrow belt spanning the area from Belial forest, across the Stret and into Galway County. No material damage has been reported though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast