Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventurer, soon to be the worst class in the game.

Re: Adventurer, soon to be the worst class in the game.

Originally posted by Ymodem-G

I can't even take on an Agent 5 levels below me.

Thank u for bring us AGENTS to earth, and i do agree, at the moment in order agent shall have any luck , either its against another agent or any prof at least 20 lvls below me unless u twink ONLY for pvp purpose which creates a char not worth at all in PvM.

A note regarding mission, it seems all have problem with missions, perhaps its a message to us all and its time to reconsider the way we do missions. I heard larger group of agent successfully make missions buy choosing solo mission and help eachother making the missions, if one of them change to false prof engineer , any dead member can easily be brought back.

I can do missions at the hardest and i have figured it out, its much more tedious, to all of u who sneak, try do the following

1) while open door , dont stand in front of the doot so that any mob at the other side can see u right on the spot. AND dont open door unless all mob has turned the back to u.

2) Slide past enemy, minimize the number of crossing, ie wait till mobs moves so they separates to max, dont go in front of them, ie avoid line of sight and go behind their backs.

In this way i can sneak past Aces using 1500 conceal as walk in the park. Its more tedious and brings some ****e to the game.

However, there is a bug that must be corrected, while under attack it seems your conceal is drastically reduced, i would like that to be changed since oherwise u die like i pig in the middle of the dungeon.

Re: Re: Adventurer, soon to be the worst class in the game.

Originally posted by Baxie

Hmmmm Lets see. Hunting as a Dragon? Team Flight nanos? Increased Damage on Grinning Hunter? You were saying?
    Coz Fixers can't give you a buff that'll make you fly.

At least you got heals. All I got is HoT

I have seen quite a decent amount of Pistols that did get the job done. And to think that you got Pistols with fire, radiation, energy and imp damage. Maussers only got Imp./Proj.

I can't solo above 30 without having to Zone tonnes of times.

To get an additional pistol so you got more Special attacks and an additional damage time? i think its only fair that it is costly.

Dragon? U tried that ? Good ?
    Team flight??? Who needs team flight at level 150 ?
    People still need fixer speed buff at any levels.

Do not discount the usefulness of HOT. They work very well for blitzing missions, which IMO, fixers are most suited to do.

Decent amount of pistol ? U've tried them ? List them down for me if u can. Althought fixers lacks variety in weapons, we do know that MAUSSERS WORKS and does well and is IP CHEAP. Though u have to overequip (and u can OVEREQUIP A LOT).

2 pistols = more special attacks ????? Am I dreaming or wat ? I would be very happy if that is truely the case.

As we all know very well.. in the combat mechanics of AO, fast low damage weapon S U C K S. Try arguing against that.

I do NOT deny fixers needs fixing.. but... sigh.. the way to trivialize ADV probs... please do some homework 1st.

Instead of supporting us..... as many ADVs had support the cause for fixers... I'm so disappointed.

Well I feel that when they do fix the fixers or adventurers, of which I play both, they should patch in the /ipwipe. Allow people who have played their character for months to have a chance with their current character. Make it so we dont have to reroll.

I also feel that maybe with Funcoms current layoff their current employees should start to feel a sense of urgency...of which I donot feel they have right now. They are taking this way too easily not realizing games like "EVE" and "NEOCRON" are right around the corner. When these games start being released Funcom as a whole could be in serious trouble, especially since they have all their eggs in the mmorpg basket now.

Games with more problems starting out (ie. UO, etc.) made it due to the incredible lack in the mmorpg area, like now, but come February 2002 its going to change. There are soo many games being released Funcom and their "bread and butter" AO may get flushed. I feel sorry for them as a company for making such a novice corp. mistake but they still have a chance to get above the surface and float....maybe.

They need to start spreading the love. They need to stop hitting the pub after work. They need to stop weekend trips for a while. they need to focus...or look for work now. I mean cause really, how many game companys are there in Norway? and come Feb 2002 or soon after they may need to look for work.

Fixers>>>Need Love
    Adventurers>>>Need Love
    Martial Artists>>>Need Love
    So...give us a hug and give us /IPWIPE Love!

See ya

Lyme

ha....

for your info:
    ma
    1) has only meele damage -> meele ac is almost the highest -> minimum damage.. or you can use non ma weapon like hammer (waste ip's in (dark) blue skills!)
    2) ma can't even do 50% missions, 'cause 2 oranges can easily kill them
    3) special attack dimach refresh in 20 minutes!!
    4) special attack (bird of pray, snake...) can be used only if we don't wield any weapons -> see 1)
    5) every class uses root can easily kill us
    6) ma weapons are worthless (doing damage >=20 at qlvl30) meele as a said before..
    7) ma in team? for what? healer->doc, tank?->soldier. even a nt can be better used in a team.

so what? adv is NOT the worst class..

Post i forgot..

yes i know.. ma can use bow.. sure..
    bow needs burst/aimed shot or and full auto... all those skills are dark blue! as piercing for swords..
    thanks.

Not to trivialize other classes problems because god knows you have them to but.... this is an ADVENTURER thread please take your fixer/ma/soldier/nt *****es to their own thread..

oops sorry about the profanity =P

Thank you

Re: ha....

Originally posted by DarkOne
    for your info:
    ma
    1) has only meele damage -> meele ac is almost the highest -> minimum damage.. or you can use non ma weapon like hammer (waste ip's in (dark) blue skills!)
    2) ma can't even do 50% missions, 'cause 2 oranges can easily kill them
    3) special attack dimach refresh in 20 minutes!!
    4) special attack (bird of pray, snake...) can be used only if we don't wield any weapons -> see 1)
    5) every class uses root can easily kill us
    6) ma weapons are worthless (doing damage >=20 at qlvl30) meele as a said before..
    7) ma in team? for what? healer->doc, tank?->soldier. even a nt can be better used in a team.

so what? adv is NOT the worst class..

aaaaaaahahahahaha

Sorry buddy, out of all the class's that are in line to have something fixed, I don't think MA is very high up there.

And if you don't know what an MA is good for, you shouldn't be playing one.

Ask someone what SG is, or VT. EVERY group we make has an MA.

You guy's can even tank.

You heal better than Advents

You do more damage than we do

You even get a crappy little run buff If I do recall.

Your dimach may only recharge every so often, but you've basicly won if you use it.

And I don't know many class's that wouldn't have problems with 2 orange mobs.

- Level 98 Advent.

Y-Modem... MAs have their own group of problems....

But those who think MAs are worse off then ADVs... just checkout one of the old thread discussing who they would pick for a group.

EVERYBODY thinks a MA is a much better choice than ADV.

MAs got that important crit buff... can do good damage (equal if not better than ADV), can heal just as well if not better (except when low level or at very high levels), has run buff, has better AC buff, etc. etc.

Makes us ADVs feel so useless... sigh.

But MAs and ADVs can work together. We buff each other with SG and Sabretooth... awesome combo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12