Thread: Athen Accords

Exclamation Athen Accords

From the Opposing Force Press Department

The Athen Accords

This press-release from Div9 and Opposing Force is just in: With the current situation on Rubi-Ka, the present rift amongst the clans and the threat of imposing war, two factions from the opposite ends of Rubi-Ka will meet on the evening of November 15th in an atmosphere of tranquility.

Since their first meeting several weeks ago, Clan Opposing Force and Omni-Tek faction R.S.G.E. [Division9] have been at a standing order of ceasefire. In that time they have been working on the Athen Accords, an agreement of non-confrontation that will help to unite the clans and Omni-Tek in a posture to seek out a viable and peaceable solution to the conflict on Rubi-Ka. In a summit of these two organizations, to be held at 10pm CST in Borealis City on November 15th, they will sign the Athen Accords, thus binding them and any other organization (Clan, Neutral or Omni-Tek) that is interested in non-confrontation in this time of chaos.

"There is only one way to end the growing problems among all of Rubi-Ka's citizens," said Utildai, President of Opposing Force, "and that is to come together as a people and not as factions. With the Council of Truth's indecisions, lack of clan support, the clashes among our peoples and the recent conflict with the Cyborgs near Tir and Athen, this is a solution we are hoping will benefit all people of Rubi-Ka and finally start to bring us together."

"We believe this to be a step in the right direction," stated General Barzillai Craddock of Division9, "one that might help to secure a positive resolution to the growing menace of chaos and uncertainty on this planet. My hope is that others, who feel that war is not a solution, will join us in responding to the threat of Red Freedom and the indecision of the Council of Truth."

Although these organizations will be the initial participants in the signing of the agreement, others -- regardless of affiliation -- are welcome to participate in the agreement. Those interested may contact press.xchange@rsge.net to request their inclusion in the summit. Or alternatively they can contact Utildai or Barzillai in game.

The full documentation of the Athen Accords can be viewed at this address...

http://division9.rsge.net/rsgeNET/division9/spec_docs/Athen_Accords.htm

This is a ploy by Div9 to divide the Clans further amongst themselves. I have it from good sources that Div9 has broken it's own cease fire declaration by direct order of their leader and fired on unaggressive Clan members in the 2ho area.

The hypocracy here is evident. Div9 plans to lull as many Clans as possible into signing this accord in order to split the Clans down the middle and single out those Clans they can deem "true enemies". Once they have their signed list, the amnesty will be negated for all not on it and the remaining independents will be labeled as terrorists and enemies of peace.

Do not be fooled by the Corporation's supposed endeavor for peace. Remember why the Clans were formed, remember those who died and those who suffered in order to bring us this far. The Corporation has made no new concessions towards the rights and freedoms of the free citizens of Rubi-Ka. This amnesty and this accord are just devious attempts to placate the people of Rubi-Ka back into the corporate slavery we worked so hard to escape.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

no it's not a ploy, it is one step closer to peace. I have personally got to know a few Div9 members and i know they see the same a clan OpFor : Peace, and this treaty is one small step closer to peace. We need to be a bit more friendly to OT(i read the log from the cyborg-Athen attack and i saw even though OT was HELPING us we spammed them with flames, shame)

Peace at gunpoint

You could see all you needed to know about the Omni-Tek organizations in question by looking at how they came to this event of so-called peace and harmony: in full armor, with weapons drawn.

This is peace: armed forces in a neutral city?

I have had enough of this sort of peace from Omni-Tek.
    Last edited by Tricia50; Nov 16th, 2001 at 18:22:34.

And what did you wear? What did your fellow clan members wear?
    It may be a neutral city, but to go completely unarmed and unarmored when there are MANY who oppose peace and who would do ANYTHING to stop the process, would be foolish.
    Not only that, but have you not heard of the cyborg threat? To go defenseless while ALL are threatened by the cyborgs would also be foolish.
    Captain Edmundo "Lohengrin" Bolieu
    Assistant to the Medical Chief of Staff
    R.S.G.E. (Division9), Medical Services

I wore a clan t-shirt, black pants, and boots. Though I am now a member of the rebel clans, Borealis is my home town, and I feel safe there. It's a pity that you Omni-Tek forces do not.

So you crossed overland from Omni-1 all the way to Borealis, did you? That's why you needed to arrive in armor and brandishing weaponry?

I'm surprised that you didn't, like most of us, take the whompa in. Or are there forces that would have attacked you in the whompa?

Or is it that you fear the carefully guarded neutrality of the Watchers in Borealis would suddenly give way, and they would shoot you on sight?

What prevented you from holstering your weapons once the so-called "peace declarations" were being read? You were afraid, even then, of being attacked? The watchers of Borealis who keep that city safe from hostile parties on both sides would have failed to protect you?

Sell that Omni party line to someone who's buying.

You want peace? Quit Omni-Tek. You want to count the clans among your friends? All you have to do fill out the appropriate paperwork, and I encourage you to do so.

Fight for freedom. There will be no peace without it.

What I don't understand is how Div9 can just forgive the blood thirsty clan members for their crimes. Just yesterday I grid into 2HO and try to start a conversation with a clanner, and what do i get? Sent back to the reclaim terminal. I walked around, and sat down... then was gunned down.

There is no respect for the type of order that OMNI-Tek brings in any of the clans. Those with Div9 should feel ASHAMED of themselves for wanting peace with people who quite possibly could have killed your grandfather at the battle of OMNI-2. I would have worn armor and had blades shining in the light while in Borealis too.

Kind of ironic that these accords are named after a city which the bastard clans ripped from OMNI control and took for themselves. A symbol of peace embrased from the start, but ultimately crumbling in the end.

Bleh to all of you - clanner and Div9

Mege
    M.O.T.H.E.R.

Ashamed?

Mege...
    There is no shame is welcoming your brothers into your home is there? The clan organizations that have signed this agreement with us are our brothers, no matter what. They all want the same thing we want -- a solution to the problems that face us here on Rubi-Ka.

Do you not strive for the day when you can walk outside and know that you and your family are safe?

I wish for that...

In the meantime, we must toil to work for peace, rather than war -- which will only sever us further and bring an end to the ICC Lease that we have for so long been taking for granted.
    General Glenn "Barzillai" Craddock
    Founder & Co-President
    Division 9 RSGE
    ::Serving Omni-Tek::

Anyone who signed that document is a traitor to the clans cause, and should have gone NEUTRAL to begin with.

Snipped straight from op4's website.
    --------------------------------

". Should you hear of or see an OT faction attacking a clan or neutral zone, you will, as a member of the Accords, repel that attack at all costs. YAY! You shout. But wait, there is a bit more to this... Should you see a CLAN faction attacking an OT or neutral zone, you will, as a member of the Accords, repel that attack at all costs. Hmmm...you say to yourself, attacking clanners? Yes

--------------------------------

Any clanner who joins this guild, or any other who signed the athens accord is a TRAITOR. Period, end of subject.

There will be no amnesty for crimes against humanity or against our planet.
    There are no innocents.
    Omnni tek is guilty for their slavery and cruelty.
    These clans are guilty for being colaborators in the treacherous peace talks, and for giving in to propaganda.
    The neutrals are guilty for their cowardly refusal to help fight the oppressors.
    There will be no amnesty. There will be no peace until this planet is clean of the omni tek scourge.
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Originally posted by Ducimus
    Anyone who signed that document is a traitor to the clans cause, and should have gone NEUTRAL to begin with.
    And what exactly is the clans' cause?
    War? Murder? Hate?

Because your cause is obviously not one of peace.
    Captain Edmundo "Lohengrin" Bolieu
    Assistant to the Medical Chief of Staff
    R.S.G.E. (Division9), Medical Services

Probably to be free of opressive "big brother" corporations and the freedom to do what they want, when they want.

Which is "Not acceptable" to Omni-Tek.

Post Liberty over Tyranny

<crosspost from first athen accord thread>

“I will let no man so belittle my soul as to make me hate them” ~ ancient human wisebeing

And so those of omni-tek are not so much hated by me and others of the clans, but rather pitied for their utter inability to comprehend the meaning of a real life outside their encapsulated corporate excuse of an existence.

This so-called accord is rejected entirely, in principle and in fact.

I question whether a division of the corporation can even ratify a purchase request let alone a document purporting to uphold the sovereignty of the signatories.

Where an entity rules every facet of a given soul, as omni-tek does in the case of all corporate drones under their aegis, this entity has a universal obligation to acknowledge itself as merely a corporation. This entity is not a government with accrued powers thereto derived from the consent of those governed. Free peoples must institute and establish such a form to govern and seek for them the liberties and freedoms enjoyed universally by free peoples everywhere; a government of the people, by the people and for all sentient beings of Rubi-ka.

<Highlighted: as to purpose>

The usurpations and absolute tyranny that is omni-tek must be thrown off by all free thinking beings of Rubi-ka by right and duty. Instituted in the capacities of government shall be one that derives its entire legitimacy from the full consent of the governed.

Respectfully,

Noemie
    Co-chair, True Sisters of Liberty
    Athen, Rk1