Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New radio station

New radio station

Dear patrons of the Cup,

for months on end now I have been a regular in the Cup, my favourite watering hole in the Clan lands. I have been thouroughly annoyed by the music they play there and had tried tuning my personal comm to other music channels, like GSP.

Though I normally like Rubi-Ka's finest Radiostation best, listening to it in the Cup made me a little edgy after a while. The beats tend to clash with the ambience of the locale so I sat down and thought how to change that.

Thats why I came up with an idea...

Starting Sunday, June 29th, 29477 a new radio channel will go on air.

Aptly named "The Cup", it will be playing house, internaional electronica and chilly stuff, caterng to the bars laid back and relaxing atmosphere many of us have come to enjoy, while sitting on the cushy sofa and talk to other patrons.

Suggestions are always welcome.

I hope you'll enjoy it...

Best regards,

Col. Simon Western

Re: New radio station

Originally posted by Sidarion
    Suggestions are always welcome.
    I suggest that you are armed, Clanner. Omni-Tek will be investigating to make sure that you are not broadcasting any illegal propaganda.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Blah-blah-blah

Its The Cup.

No atmosphere, a coffee pushing bimbo, and no bathrooms.

Why any Omni-Tek employee would ever go there is beyond me.

((Good Luck! Doing radio is hard! Always good to have more AO atmosphere out there!))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Dear Nevver...

I was enchanted to meet you the other night in Omni-Ent. But just as you seemed to be very much at home in that sprawling big city, I doubt that any clanner in West Athen would give a damp poop about Omni Teks feelings towards a clan radio station. Try preventing it and have fun investigating...

Col. Simon Western

((well.... I won't be bothering you with my voice... it will be just background lounge music to enjoy in quieter places like the Cup, Rompa or the fireplace room in reets. Places where GSP's Metal and Hardhouse don't really fit as background music. It is just an offer and maybe a tool for some roleplayers. I don't want to make a huge hubub about it. I will basically play music that I feel would compliment the AO setting nicely.))

(OOC)

OKL so dont make a hubbub But just one thing mate... Whats the address to tune into? :P

(OOC)

We are on air, so feel free to drop by and relax...

www.live365.com/stations/sidarion

Don't lie Sid, you wanna make a hubbub and you know it.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Making a hubbub is prohibited without the proper license. If you wish to make a hubbub, please submit form 297-DR and we will be able to issue the proper paper work within 90 Rubi-Ka days. And, please, be sure to fill out section 825B properly so that your request can be fulfilled expeditiously; we have had to manually enter less than complete data from section 825B on previous forms and it almost always results in problems.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

My esteemed Nevver,

I "do" have the license to hubbub... ask anyone within my guild, they will tell you that I am a great hubbuber... No stop hassling me with beaurocratic paperwork and tune in to the radiostation, will ya?

Sid

It's true. Sid is a master hububber. I'm not quite sure exactly what that is, but whatever it is he's good at it.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

oooh, ancient Argentean Tango music lifts the soul! Thanks to Sid for providing uplifting music as a choice over thrashmetal brainrot. Also for not feeling the egotistical need to "DJ" his stream.
    Chastitea
    Presidentea of The Sisterhood
    High Priestess of the Goddess Buffy Summers
    ---------------------------------
    Love Is All There Is!

The beats tend to clash with the ambience of the locale so I sat down and thought how to change that.
    I couldn't agree more, and I've often wished there was a way to produce other streams for different locales.

This idea is awesome, Sid, and I certainly hope it does well out there in the cup (and other similar-mood locations).. I'll have to give it a listen next time I'm out there (Cuppin' it rules...no puns at all).

thrashmetal brainrot. Also for not feeling the egotistical need to "DJ" his stream.
    To each their own, I guess. Still, it's sad that 2 years in and some people are still convinced we DJ because of our own ego. Sorry our stream is insulting to you, Chastitea, I'm glad you found something worth your time.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Originally posted by Nevver
    Making a hubbub is prohibited without the proper license. If you wish to make a hubbub, please submit form 297-DR and we will be able to issue the proper paper work within 90 Rubi-Ka days. And, please, be sure to fill out section 825B properly so that your request can be fulfilled expeditiously; we have had to manually enter less than complete data from section 825B on previous forms and it almost always results in problems.

Ah hate to break it to ya but the Cup is in West Athen aka CLAN TERRITORY.

And we clanners will fill out Omni forms when both the suns nova.

Katelin Kaetty Zanter
    The Independent Fixer

Originally posted by Aniee
    Your wish is my command. I will begin the neccessary paperwork for authorization to have the suns do just that.

Nevver runs off to bug Kithrak and convince him that she needs forms for blowing up the suns and that they must exists somewhere.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Have you filled out (in triplicate) the "Form Non-Compliance Notification" forms? Parts 1a, 1b, AND 1c?
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Ok... here are two more ideas for feature programs beside the regular ambient stuff (the playlist will be updated today).

I am an avid collector of ancient Earths music and I have quite a collection of old datastreams in various music fields.

So, I am planning a set of feature nights where I will basically host a small party for interested people in the Cup. I would basically play each playlist twice before stopping to go on other peoples nerves and returning to the normal Cup ambient music playlist.

The feature nights include:

1. Old Earth Blues, and Jazz night

2. Funk + Disco (don those 'fros and monstersunglasses, people!)

3. Tango, Fado and Flamenco (all down tempo...)

Depending on the feedback, I will announce the feature nights accordingly.

And Tarryk, thanks for GSPs support...

Hope to all see you in the Cup... and please, due to lack of sanitary facilities, don't pee in the corners...

Sid

1. Old Earth Blues, and Jazz night
    ((I have lots and LOTS of blues in MP3...Let me know if you have any you are looking for!))

please, due to lack of sanitary facilities, don't pee in the corners
    Just do as the bartenders do and pee in the drinks.
    God is a bullet.

Hope to all see you in the Cup... and please, due to lack of sanitary facilities, don't pee in the corners...
    Since I got a place in West Athen it won't be a problem for me but I gotta wonder at the sense of a bar without a bathroom. Heck even that slum of a bar in Hope at least has a hole in the ground in the back room.

Owner of the Cup should sue the architect or at least drop him in the Stret with a couple of weights attached.

Katelin Kaetty Zanter
    The Independent Fixer

but I gotta wonder at the sense of a bar without a bathroom.
    No waste facilities, 2 bartenders, and a coffee pushing chatterbox.
    God is a bullet.

Tarryk wrote:

"Still, it's sad that 2 years in and some people are still convinced we DJ because of our own ego. Sorry our stream is insulting to you, Chastitea"

Gee Tarryk pls reread my post. I did not say GSP was insulting to me. I was giving Sid props for pumping tunes and not talk.

Oh. wait. maybe there IS an ego at play here....

Just so you know, I listen to and enjoy both. And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.
    Chastitea
    Presidentea of The Sisterhood
    High Priestess of the Goddess Buffy Summers
    ---------------------------------
    Love Is All There Is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast