Thread: 13.0 and pvp

Unhappy 13.0 and pvp

I am a soldier and i used to have fun with pvp before 13.0, but now i CANT kill anyone. Actually i recieve a lot of tell of pple wanting to duel the easy soldier now.

Yes, i used the fling burst FA combo and i can i agree that it was too strong, no one without a MK shield would survive, but it seems to me that it was nerfed SO BAD in 13.0 that it doesnt even make a diference most of the times if i use it or not.

People used to complain a lot about how soldiers were powerfull at pvp, but actually we could be killed by MA, some enforcers, NTs with roots and other classes if they used the right tactics.

And even we were powerfull at close pvp fights, you have to admit that the Soldier SHOULD be powerfull at a close fight, since this is ALL we do. We are soldiers, and we should know how to shoot and do damage. WE dont get all the cool nanos that other classes get. shooting is basically all we know. but not anymore (((
    Now we SOLDIERS cant kill almost no class, even fighting lower lvl. So, what is the soldier good at now???

I dont think the 13.0 was all terrible, but us soldiers that were dependant on specials to kill anyone suffered a LOT from it.

The idea of CAP was a good one, maybe the 40% was too low, since when i switch to my NOVAFLOW i cant do almost any dmg. (that is, WHEN i can switch, because even switching weapons now in fight is broken)
    Maybe the cap should be 70% then we could have some more balanced fights.

I hope FC change it soon, because i am very disappointed and im sure many others are also.

Clipp
    Soldier lvl 115

amen. everyone sent me hate notes when I posted...

Yeah, and give the range back to the NTs
    NT phone HOME!!

LOL

I just re-rolled a ma today. Soldier class is a mess for so many reasons. My Ma cleared the front room of a mission at level 10 with 3 reds in it and another red add without running. LOL had no armor too and haven't put in the ql50 implants (need 4 more levels). This one will be a lot of fun in PVP. but i wanted to be the first sub 10 senator =[

Bear in mind that a nova deals more damage per second than 99% of weapons in the game.

"Oh no! I have to use my nova for standard hits!"

99% of people had to use that or less *the whole time*
    Yay.

My opinion they should change it back, nova flow was so cool before the patch but now im striking 5 and 6hp with ql 60 wep on a guy that got 500ac. It isnt right. One of the best gun for soldier sux now i pvp.

They are just letting you guys see how it feels! AND GOOD FOR THEM.

You will be viable again, for now take your the beatings that all soldiers have earned due to the few that would zone into a store and wait for their shield/specials to recycle.

They will hook you up in the end. For now I think it is a good lesson in character for the big ego'd soldiers (not all of you are... not saying that).

I had a soldier once tell me "if you want to kill me, get a team".

Now I can tell that to soldiers hehe.

sorry.. only a rare few of you are a holes, but they are the cream of the crop a holes.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Angry pvp for soilders

I plan on canceling my account due to the soilder nerf - the whole reason i made a soilder was so that i could beat everyone down. but now any trader or meta can take me out - no problem. I dont think funcom should be making such drastic gameplay changes. if i had know that the game designer was going to add a 40% cap I would not of made a soilder. ---

I believe that the game designer is an idiot. I think Funcom should fire him ASAP. I wouldnt trust him to press the button on the french fry machine at mcdonalds.

Is there a website where i can wager cash on when Funcom will go out of buisness?

So uhh...

Can I have your stuff?

Re: pvp for soilders

Originally posted by killingspree
    I plan on canceling my account due to the soilder nerf - the whole reason i made a soilder was so that i could beat everyone down. but now any trader or meta can take me out - no problem. I dont think funcom should be making such drastic gameplay changes. if i had know that the game designer was going to add a 40% cap I would not of made a soilder. ---

I believe that the game designer is an idiot. I think Funcom should fire him ASAP. I wouldnt trust him to press the button on the french fry machine at mcdonalds.

Is there a website where i can wager cash on when Funcom will go out of buisness?
    you wanted to beat everyone down? no class shoule beat EVERYONE down... not with no risk, like soldiers of pre 13.0

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I agree that no clas should be able to beat every other class down with a combo like the soldiers did before the pacth, But we must keep in mind that in a battle field like DAV, you have those specials only once and take long to recycle, so it should be somthing powerfull. Maybe not powerfull enough to kill anyone, but poewrfull enough to kill someone with low hp and not very protected.

But the problem is that FC change things way to drastically without trying them first.

Why dont FC make one char for every class, low lvl, medium lvl and high lvl. Equip them very well, medium and badly, then do some fight among them to know what to do.. it shouldnt be hard, it would take one day to see what classes are too powerfull and what classes are weak and to do the changes accordly.

Originally posted by Clipp
    I agree that no clas should be able to beat every other class down with a combo like the soldiers did before the pacth, But we must keep in mind that in a battle field like DAV, you have those specials only once and take long to recycle, so it should be somthing powerfull. Maybe not powerfull enough to kill anyone, but poewrfull enough to kill someone with low hp and not very protected.

But the problem is that FC change things way to drastically without trying them first.

Why dont FC make one char for every class, low lvl, medium lvl and high lvl. Equip them very well, medium and badly, then do some fight among them to know what to do.. it shouldnt be hard, it would take one day to see what classes are too powerfull and what classes are weak and to do the changes accordly.
    1) because that makes sense!

2) because they dont know what a "well equipped" character is really like never having played the game enough to tinker around with how to twink.

ROFLOL

Umm PVP

I don't believe the issue just resides there for pvp problem.

Example:

On Sat a group of clans went into h20 for a little fun and to test the changes they had made to pvp.

First point rk2 and pvp.

I waited forever.. at first.. thought i was fishing but , when the war started it rocked. There are some issues:

1. I found bout 15 clans.. lvl's ranged from 25 up to 120 they where fighting 3 to 5 omni's and the guards ( whice where pulled by the way .. omni's love to pulls guards) I'm not going to state the names of these players it would be rude.

2. Sometimes the new timer does't work.
    A. Example:
    1.While gridding in i was at half health before i gained control.

3. I brought in a lvl 25 enforcer... how is it a level 70 nt can attack him ("APPS") and the enforcer was not on a team .
    ( the term no chance came to mind when i saw that)

4. Omni's will attack you while near guards whice if your set to aggro the guard will pickup that your fighting then kill you and your team.. if your on one. ("There is no way that is pvp, guess a good plan if you can't win fair")

Final statment on this..

Keep pulling guards and finding ways to attack those which have no chance and the outcome is simple.

I guess you guys can fight yourselves. Maybe if your an NT nuke yourself but you will not have anyone else to pvp.