Thread: Many people fighting PvP these days?

Many people fighting PvP these days?

Is there alot of PvP going on these days? Or is it rather dead arond the PvP areas with an occational instakill?

If it is dead in the PvP areas, why is it dead? Is it balance? Rules? Uber tweaked chars? To powerful profs?

Plz post it, what ever the reason it is why you dont Pvp anymore, I would really like to know.
    NT phone HOME!!

Everyone's token farming. 70 tokens a day for me.

Don't play the game a great deal anymore, main thing for me post 120 was PvP, problem is the PvP zones are generally avoided like the plague.

Just not fun sitting in a zone for an hour to watch a yam fly off, trying to catch up, de-equip my yam in mid-flight and bring him down with a stun before the guy gets to a zone line. I got good at it mind but even that happens so rarely its just not worth it.

PvP is to easy to avoid for those that don't want to PvP, only way to fix it is nerf exp in missions, fix outdoor hunting areas so everyone 100+ has to hunt in a political zone for decent exp, short of that PvP is gonna remain dead, with the occasional kill against the unwary player who doesn't see you flying up behind them Mind you when they do see you it sure makes for some interesting flying

Regards

--Nat

Originally posted by Nataar

PvP is to easy to avoid for those that don't want to PvP, only way to fix it is ...
    Wait ...
    By saying this you admit HOW MANY ppl. dont want to PvP,
    so why are you, PvPers, are all so against splitting into 2 servers ?!
    No, really, the only explaination i have is -
    you want to PvP these, who dont want to.
    You would miss your victims.

And since i know, the counter-question comes:
    "why are you playing then this game?" -
    you all know too, this is the only sci-fi 3d fp "up to date" MMO game ATM !

Realize finaly, the half of player base came here or stay here despite PvP,
    not because of it !
    ( since PvP based mostly not on skill but on time wasting
    into leveling/money-making/extreme-twinking
    or on ebay-"trade" is SENSELESS, i'm sure at least for 50% of ppl. here
    ( although there must more PvP fans among most active players/posters )

Cool

Originally posted by Chtonian

Wait ...
    By saying this you admit HOW MANY ppl. dont want to PvP,
    That fact is shown by just how empty zones like mort are, I never denied that fact

so why are you, PvPers, are all so against splitting into 2 servers ?!
    Because of precisely the above reason, there are so few of us that actually like to do it, that by giving us a server just for PvP so few people would play on it, it would be pathetic, at least with the way it is now we got the chance to get some people not looking for it

A PvP only server only works so long as you have a large number of players wanting it, AO doesn't even have that atm with the servers as they are.

No, really, the only explaination i have is -
    you want to PvP these, who dont want to.
    You would miss your victims.
    There only victims if they die and yes I would really miss being able to do a sneak attack and PvP a group of players when there not specifically expecting it, for me thats the fun in PvP. Anything else is just a duel, which is all well and good, but its not as fun

And since i know, the counter-question comes:
    "why are you playing then this game?" -
    you all know too, this is the only sci-fi 3d fp "up to date" MMO game ATM !
    Good question, I still have not figured out the answer to that one, its certainly not for the content and bug free nature of the game

Realize finaly, the half of player base came here or stay here despite PvP, not because of it !
    By the number of players actively hunting in PvP zones I would say its more like 99%

Regards

--Nat

Thumbs up

hi Nataar!

The main reason, why i try to avoid PvP is,
    that it provokes conflicts more then anything else in game,
    i think some ppl. even go for PvP extra to have
    a "legit" reason to flame someone,
    or at least to show how "uber" they are
    ( "i own u" ).

If you have any char that is "about" as strong,
    as not twinked MP 64, we could make a duel,
    or even a team fight...

/Quantar , Omni, RK1

I don't PvP with my 93 soldier because I can't weapon switch, and he can get his @$$ handed to him by ANY other profession atm. And when he's able to weapon switch between a Novaflow/Flashpoint, who the hell would want to fight him, unless they got the first shot off?

I PvP ALOT with my lowbie MA, since even with all the twinkers looking for titles, you have a better chance of a decent fight. Still sucks though, most fights are either outright slaugters for them, or I get my butt kicked so fast I wonder if I even tickled them. The problem with the current PvP zones is that there isn't ANYTHING there that you can't find somewhere else.

And imo it's a bad idea to nerf mission xp, you're then forcing people who DON'T want to PvP, into it. Good luck finding balance. Not the mention that if that's done, it favors mostly the 130 who then turn the 75+ into bait. Real fun . Frankly, in most of the 25% and 0% there is no reason to go there.

PvP can be fun, but why bother if you have no chance?
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 9th, 2002 at 16:57:42.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Smile

In response too :-

Originally posted by Chtonian
    hi Nataar!

The main reason, why i try to avoid PvP is,
    that it provokes conflicts more then anything else in game,
    i think some ppl. even go for PvP extra to have
    a "legit" reason to flame someone,
    or at least to show how "uber" they are
    ( "i own u" ).

Depends upon the person your PvPing A lot of them are kids and they act like it, this attitude is also encouraged by the fact twinks at low levels can near instant kill anyone. You won't start to get rid of that attitude until you do something about the over equipping and the removal of crits from PvP. This of course is all hypothetical, because FC isn't going to do anything to fix these issues and problems with regards to PvP.

If you have any char that is "about" as strong,
    as not twinked MP 64, we could make a duel,
    or even a team fight...

/Quantar , Omni, RK1

Sadly I don't Quanter, my highest is lvl 155 and my next highest 45, I have all but given up playing the game anyways, I just have fun in doing the occasional post until I can figure out where I put all my EQ stuff grrr
    Originally posted by Obergeist
    The problem with the current PvP zones is that there isn't ANYTHING there that you can't find somewhere else.

Yep, I totally agree there Obergeist, and as theres no incentive to go into those zones, everyone tends to avoid them.

Thats one of the many obstacles FC will need to tackle if PvP is ever gonna be a real fun element to this game.

And imo it's a bad idea to nerf mission xp, you're then forcing people who DON'T want to PvP, into it.

That was my point, I'm very much all for that, hehe you probably haven't seen some of my other posts

It favors mostly the 130 who then turn the 75+ into bait. Real fun

If your the 130+ then yes it is , I often hunted in camps that snarf and garzu terrorised with sneak attacks I died lost a lot of exp etc, it happens. I then leveled up and did the same to the clanners in mort, and understood at that moment why those guys did it to us, its a lot of fun, just look at it as a right of passage you don't have to like it, its just something you go through.
    Regards

--Nat

It doesn't help that alot of the PvP layouts are just junk.

MMD has a nice set up, but it's a very small 25% zone surrounded by 75%, so alot of people run in and out. The buildings and differing elvation is nice as well.

2ho is a joke, guards and shops to zone in and out of.

Mort is alright, but you're out in the open.

I'd like to see a PvP zone like the set up in Wartorn Valley, open space and lots of rubble and buildings to weave in and out of. Think about it, agents on the tops of buildings, enforcers lurking around a corner to smack you, kamikaze soldiers running across the open plains.

Simply put, there is no reward (and ulitmate risk minus xp and lootable items) in PvP. Areas that you can control and little outposts that you can run over and hold would make the game alot more fun. And even if a 160 soldier or whatever is out there alone, I don't think he could take about ten or so 90s, he'd probably get at least half though.

btw, I have gone through my rite of passing, getting hosed by a 151 soldier while I was already attacking a 115 Trader that I was losing to anyway. And a 151 Agent while I was making a break for the grid lol

edit:If mission xp was nerfed so you had to hunt in 25% or 0%, you'd never level since all the gankers and hardcore PKers will be there to nail you. So once again, why? Something that will only benefit the ones that are high enough to do it? Balance is something that we'll never get, and what we will end up is something that everyone will complain about.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 10th, 2002 at 06:27:23.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

I don't PvP because the profession I play is horrible in PvP at my level.

And I have to admit... I'm farming tokens like there's no tomorrow.

Originally posted by Nataar
    Don't play the game a great deal anymore, main thing for me post 120 was PvP, problem is the PvP zones are generally avoided like the plague.

Just not fun sitting in a zone for an hour to watch a yam fly off, trying to catch up, de-equip my yam in mid-flight and bring him down with a stun before the guy gets to a zone line. I got good at it mind but even that happens so rarely its just not worth it.

PvP is to easy to avoid for those that don't want to PvP, only way to fix it is nerf exp in missions, fix outdoor hunting areas so everyone 100+ has to hunt in a political zone for decent exp, short of that PvP is gonna remain dead, with the occasional kill against the unwary player who doesn't see you flying up behind them Mind you when they do see you it sure makes for some interesting flying

Regards

--Nat
    LOL! It's ganking losers like you are the reason ppl dont go anywhere near the PvP zones, with the exeption of the arenas. Yup...same kind of loser that sits at the mmd/mort zone and waits for ppl to fly by so you can root em and shoot em. Yup the same kind of loser that sits in the arena and steals your kills. Now run along kiddie...isn't it time to for the daily Tribes2 TK fest?

Sorry but I just can't stand ppl like that.

I have only pvped a few times. My character is a mp and because of this I go into pvp expecting to lose most of the time. As long as I dont take it too seriously I usually enjoy myself. The fun part of pvp for me is going in with people from my clan and trying to kill some omnis. Last night in mmd there were a few people (5-15) but not many in my lvl range. Once I hit 75 I'll probably avoid it unless I go in with a large group of friends because I don't relish the though of being killed in 3 seconds.

PvP ? Har har har

just get enough NCUs to fit in UVC, Essence of Behemoth, 2 Big doc buffs (long term and short term) and a big HOT and u can beat up almost anyone.

PvP in AO is more like buffs that determines the winner, hardly any skill.

Proof ? Heres the proof, get a freshman soldier with those buffs i mentioned above vs a selfbuffed novice/neophyte soldier. You will get what i mean.

OMG

I really find the Anti-PVP threads that have started cropping up to be absolutley amazing. Some of them remind me of the new trend in some US areas to get rid of dodge ball in public schools. The logic is this that some kids playing dodge ball dominate others and there fore hampers the "losers" by demonstrating a stong vs weak mentality and enciting aggressive tendancies.

People don't PVP cause the PVP system is messed up. I find all these inane posts about "get your own PVP server" to just be silly. YOU choose to play a game with PVP in it. YOU pay $12.95 a month (or whatever currency) to play a game with PVP in it. YOU don't have to PVP. YOU don't have to go in 25% zones. YOU should take some responsibility for your decesion to play in a game with PVP in it so that YOU can stop whinning.

Why try and dumb this game down, I'm willing to bet that if YOUR class dominated PVP YOU would be doing PVP'n too. So what if you get ganked it's a game, it's not like that agent ganked you in front of your house in RL. Who cares if he is a butt head and talks smack it's not like it effects you in the slightest. Not like it's Bob from work doing it to you who you have to work with everyday. It's some random guy who likes the fact that, sure he can kick ass in a computer game, cause in RL he probably got beat up alot.

Some of you get all worked up over this like it's a personal attack. Just take a breath and go to your happy place and let it go. IT'S A GAME!!!
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Question what is a war without pvp

Anyone take notice that we are at war..? I for one am not paying 12.95 a month to fight npc's in a fake war. When the time comes, I hope to lead my guild onto the battlefield and charge the walls of Omni-1. I would be very dissapointed if all I was faced with was NPC guards. I for one know for a fact if a group of Omni decided to raid Tir I would be there to defend my home. This is war, people fight each other in wars. (Also I would like to see more city zones become 25% as time moves one ) I am not an "active" Pvper .. on occasion you'll catch me with a freshman title, as of now I have lost it (I'll get it back mind you). So for all those who are complaining about forcing pvp down your throughts .. your right ... we are .. this is war.. that is what war is about .. if you don't like it sit back and watch me take over your city.
    -Devis
    Director of The Fellowship Rubi Ka 2

rotfl

That was one of my points. But currently, we can lay a siege on Omni-1 all day long, and in the end nothing changes.

Whiners die.

What is with all of the silly rules people make up in PvP? Just play with the rules in effect or don't PvP.
    If you are clan in MMD and within my level range, I will follow you to the grid and try to root/gank you. Yes, I said gank. If I am losing a fight, I will run the hell away. I don't really care if you think my tactics are dishonorable or not. As I think Intra said, "It says "Thug" under my profession title for a reason." If you are clan, I will kill you in your yalm, sitting down, afk, or if you yell "I'm just going to the grid, I don wanna PvP!!!!" What did you expect? That I would run-buff you and send you on your way? This is a war, and if you dont want to take part, re-roll a neutral or stay away from 25% zones. I'm sick of your whining.

Iniquitous

PS-Oh, and the cry of "My prof is gimped, I just CAN'T PvP" is a load of bull. Yes, the profs are far from balanced and I get whacked by the same docs and traders all the time (Im a fixer), but I also have a lot of fun. I even have Freshman on my gimpass.

Iniquitous, lol. Nice to have seen you last night in MMD. I had to log off and get some sleep, but I was there long enough to see Orbakey go down like a ton of bricks. =]
    Killingspree and Shadegirl bought it, and so did Larcus, but it was fun to see Orb run around =]. I tried to warn them about taking on any one on one fights, but never trust an Omni. Hell, I never trust a clanner either. But, it was fun to have some action going on yesterday as far as Omni vs Clan on RK2. A few Omni's made it to the arena... to get killed very quickly by clan twinks. =]

Personally, I'm more for getting people INTERESTED in PvP, but the current system really needs some twinking.

As for being at war... when was the last time you could kill off all the entire opposing side and not gain a thing, bragging rights aside?

For myself, I generally leave people alone with both my MA and soldier. However, if they pick a fight, I generally go for it. I could give a rat's arse about titles(overvalued).

And yes, there is a profession that blows chunks in PvP, and that's an engie. As a fixer, you should know why.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 12th, 2002 at 18:05:18.

Just started PVPing a few days ago at lvl 74. Picked up my freshman title last night (at lvl 77) kinda by accident. Was killing an agent in the arena when a lvl 86 MP ganked me. He was dead before I figured out what was going on. I zone to clear his pet and tried to ask him what happened, but he logged.

Re: Whiners die.

Originally posted by Iniquitous
    If you are clan in MMD and within my level range, I will follow you to the grid and try to root/gank you. Yes, I said gank. If I am losing a fight, I will run the hell away. I don't really care if you think my tactics are dishonorable or not.
    all I can say is damn right. its nice to see others taking this game as it was meant to be .. a war. I mean, I am clan so obviously you would try and gank me on the spot but hey .. its war I expect this .. would I be mad .. of course I would .. would i sit and ***** about it, hell no I would do what I did last time someone ganked me, grab 4 of my freinds and go kick your ass .. after all, all is fair in war. (Except for exploiters but that is another story all together and no over equiping is not an exploit).
    -Devis
    Director of The Fellowship
    Kill an Omni Today and make your leader proud.