Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mission Reset Bug (SERIOUS: FUNCOM READ NOW)

Well, I'm not sure if this happened to anyone else...but last night, I'm going through a mission, clearing rooms as I go, and I'm at the end of a 6 room series. Straight line, no turn offs, or side rooms. So, I have 6 empty rooms behind me.

I'm in a small room, standing about 3 feet from the doorway, while my bot is beating up the bad guy. Then, out of nowhere, a mob spawns in the room behind me, and roots me, and starts shooting me, of course, not breaking the root.

Bot kills the badguy, turns around, and decides to run into the wall. I sent 30 attack commands, and the damn thing wouldn't side step to the right, 3 feet to attack the mob.

Needless to say, I died. Thankfully I levelled 120k xp earlier, but this isn't the first time this has happened where mobs will spawn/appear behind me, in rooms I know was cleared.

We are working on this issue as I type this. I know we've gotten a number of reports since the patch about team missions crashing, and am using the information I read here before hand to help. Just in case I missed it, is anyone experiencing this in single missions? (ie you without a team).
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Yes on single missions

Thanks for reading & responding cosmik!!

I have had this happen to me several times in single missions.

I haven't played 14.0 yet but I would say it has happened to me off & on ever since 13.90+

The worst is when you're in a big tricky mission, because when you pop up deep in it with no map, there's no chance of finding the door before you get mowed down.

Team: Echo! Hello? anyone there...
    Team: I can't sit down?? hu?? [presses x bout 1000 times]
    -> screen goes black
    -> get blinded by white directx fadeout.
    [ctrl-alt-del] - terminate clientr.exe
    [go back into AO login screen]
    [wait for 5-10 mins for account to become unlocked]
    Say: Finaly login screen,
    [click play]
    -> blinded by white directx fadein
    Welcome to Anarchy-Online type /help.............
    Something hits you for 2000 of unknown damage
    Guild Chat: Me: Did everyone in my mission team just crash?
    Guild Chat: Teambuddy1: Hu ya don't know where I am mobs all around me.
    Guild Chat: Me: Ya somthing was attacking me im actualy dead but still walking about, sigh* another 1.5 mill lost.
    Guild Chat: Teambuddy2: ya im logging now im fed up of this BS.
    Guild Chat: Me: ya me too, gotta "/petition stuck" first
    Guild Chat: Teambuddy1: Ta ta all cya later im too tired to run this mission again for another 1-2 hours.
    /me thinks ok... ill get unstuck and leave it for a few hours and retry later.
    ...........3 hours later.
    ----------- Read from top------------------

Shall I start making a script for this?? seems that it is all I do nowadays in missions.

Gotta upgrade those calculators and monkey-boy operators funcom. Texas Instruments TL144 extended calculator just ain't got the capacity to host multiplayer missioning.

hmm gunna log back on now, and hunt..... wait... nope, there ain't no hunting spots at my level, that's right you nerfed all the camps for >120's >150's etc...
    Oh well what's left?
    Content! --- oh wait no storyline...
    bah all i'll do is log into AO and see if I can get to my HR without crash looping upon zone. then prehaps chat with my guild buddys.
    *thinks - expensive chat server funcom has here.

Single missions/ team missions happens to me all the time except in single missions isn't as flustrating, as it ain't gunna take you another 2 hours to do it again.

*Mob creeps up on avatar* taps me on the shoulder.-
    Mob: You got a light?
    Me: why?
    Mob:cause im gunna smoke ya, no point calming me, you'llgo LD anyway. even if you do, ill keep attacking you although im calmed - thank the server latency.

ACK! etc

*bump*

but i can't help thinking that we're all like some sad bunch of religious cultists waiting for the perfect game to come along, with no camping, no bugs, no exploits, perfect graphics etc etc

How bored would we be?!

FIX IT FUNCOM!!!

(but, like, you know, make sure you throw in something else to test us so we dont get bored, hehe)
    lvl 160+ Adventurer, RK1

President of The Gin-Soaked Superstars

Unhappy And again

Happened to me twice today.

Once in a new "team" mission. The entire team got booted and all came back in random rooms. We all, of course, died.

I agree with a suggestion in another post. At least bring us back in the first room of the mission.

This also kept happening in the Camlot castle dungeon. It crashed and reset with a significant timewarp multiple times a few hours ago.

wolfe

Post solo missions

Yep, ran one solo mission last night and got twice the loot and twice the xp thanks to 2 resets. Noticed that the token counter doesn't get reset if the mission does so was at 100% long before clearing the mission (again). That's probably for the best, mind you...

[EDIT: And somewhat offtopic, as the item in a find or return mission can now spawn anywhere a chest does, do check the 'secret' rooms...]
    Last edited by Darkbane; Apr 11th, 2002 at 14:39:06.

Originally posted by Loxt
    Seriously folks, what's the point? FC is completely AWOL from these boards. Instead of relying on FC to fix their problems (which we know they never will) let's discuss with each other tips on how to survive when the server crashes.
    I just wanted to bump this before I stopped reading this thread (I'm getting pissed again, couldn't get past page two ). It's really really sad that we have to resort to a tactic like this, surviving when a fvcking bug strikes, instead of *actually playing the goddamn game* and not having to worry about it.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Angry It is still alive ...

and did cost me 140k (nothing major, I know, but it was my! time) at the weekend. Man, I was upset.

The first time, I 'really' thought about hitting the 'Cancel' button.

I was at full health when the mission crashed, after loggin back, 50% HP were gone and that nice little con-orange was beating me to reclaim before I even got a chance to recast my bot. Thank you very much Funcom!

A Homo nano lvl 60 Engineer - a professional bug hater.

Wouldn't it be possible to introduce a 15 sec latency timer if such things happen? At least stop these damn MOBs from hitting my ass, when my screen is still black!

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Yup, got it again yesterday for the first time in a LONG time.

Teammate goes down, grabs the item for me (my mission), comes back. We decide to kill the boss before completing, mission crashes, just as I zone down into the boss room.

I respawn first. Thankfully, I respawned in the room with the boss teleporter (one silver lining in this all). I now can solo vets, and I took out the one on the room. My team comes back, only to find that the item for the mission is not in anyone's inventory, nor in the boss room. No token, hooray!!!!
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

That situation sounded very familiar. Did u happen to see Yrsonny there ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234