Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mission Reset Bug (SERIOUS: FUNCOM READ NOW)

Question Mission reset bug

Being fairly new to the game, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned as a solution or not, but it cant hurt to say something... can it?

When I first installed, I set the graphics options to use w buffering [because of the comment that you get better graphics]. Over the course of the next two days [play sessions] I crashed three or four times. After setting this checkbox to off, I haven't had a single crash in eight days of play [including 16 hrs on the weekend].

As I said, this may already have been discussed, tried, and dismissed; but since I haven't seen mention on this thread, I thought I'd mention it.

cheers.

Koromir, that would be a client crash. You would still be logged in when you came back. A server crash/reset means you are no longer logged in even though you wouldn't have had time to timeout your connection yet.

A client crash would not produce the mission reset, only a mission server crash/reset would repopulate a mission.

Mission reset bug

Ah, ok. No worries then, just wondering if it would help. :-)

Funcom? Hello?!

Big badda bump!
    lvl 160+ Adventurer, RK1

President of The Gin-Soaked Superstars

Exclamation why has this problem been ignored ?

BuMp bUmP BuMp
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

Question

Hmm.. been reading the thread, and it's nice to see that misery loves company
    But seriously, I'm having the same frustrations as you guys. And I spent a lot of IP's in runspeed to avoid this. Only to find the door LOCKED on my way out? What is that ?
    This has become a no-win situation. When I LD or crash, I just pray to God that just 1 of my teammates made it. 'Cause if noone did, there's no point in running. Just /terminate. Atleast it saves you a few seconds, as I know I'm gonna die anyway. It feels slightly better to die by your own hand than by those mobs... not much, just a wee bit

I also wanted to add my 2 cents on the issues regarding re-entry spots and pets.

- I would like to have my re-entry point at my last save spot. Not in the 1st room. This because the door is usually locked anyway, and wouldn't serve any purpose to me as a re-entry spot. This has happened on too many occasions, so being locked inside in the 1st room and having to fight a loosing battle doesn't sound very appealing. Pulling alone as an Engi is kinda difficult. And I always get adds. So... I'm up for a re-entry at my last save point. Regardless of distance to my mission site or even where I was last hunting.

- Second is the eternal search for atleast masteries, so I can get my Guardbot. OE or no OE, Pulling out yellow bots is pathetic. Having Warmachines at L75 I can agree is OE/twinked, but Guards at L90 is quite acceptable. (And yes.. I'm 8 points short of a Semi-Sentient Guardbot. That's why I need masteries). What I'd like to see implemented is this:
    If I'm logging, go LD or even crash, put my friggin bot back into my INV. So I can atleast call it up again if I still have my masteries. I'm not using Über-shotguns. Just these pee-shooters, so I'm pretty much a goner without my bot. I'm pretty much DoA if I manage to log back in after a crash anyways. And this thing that your bot is unique and that you can't have more than one in your INV at a time. This just make me run for the hills instead of summoning up a yellow bot. Which is not only timeconsuming and useless, buit you end up dead anyway. As we all know that nanocasting Engis in a fight, is a dead Engi

Well... just something from my point of view and a little something to show my sympathy. I too have "been there, and done that". But my damn T-shirt hasn't arrived yet...

Cheers

/Prochyon

Proch this thread is more about server resets - not client crashes. Easy to confuse really.

In a server reset - all team mates ARE kicked from a mission to the desktop getting a msg that there has been a problem with the server and to try logging in again. When u log in again if you're player cahracter is still in the game you will see a countdown timer to log in using the character that is still inthe game. VERY indicative of a server reset if you DON'T get this countdown timer.

In a client crash YOU WILL see the countdown timer and everyone who was there when u went LD or jsut plain old crashed will still be there waiting.

IN A SERVER reset, all the mobs RESPAWN. In a client crash they do not.

BUMP!

pulls out a can of

BumpAge and you thought I was going to say Whopp@$$

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat

Thumbs up The bright side of frustration

Yes, I agree, it is frustrating being in a mission and crashing and respawning. However it can be somewhat useful when you are in a room that had no NPC's when when respawn hits. Though of course it's still frustrating having to reclear all you've cleared previously, if you survive, it does mean more XP, and either case more cash from more kills.

My little atrox has had this happen a couple times. It's a shame Tokens aren't based on creatures killed.

Unhappy Frustration

I don't think there are as many system crashes now as Anarchy used to be at times.

If funcom is reading this, this should be the primary bug that should be fixed ASAP. Right now it's probably the biggest, most frustrating bug I know of, though it hasn't happened to me for a little while.

bump

bump

happens on RK1 now, quite a bit

Gaaaahhhh!

Oh, sweet JESUS! You've got to be KIDDING me!

This is the same goddamned bug that caused me to leave the game back in SEPTEMBER. And it's STILL in the game?!?

Oh, crap. And just signed back up last night, after getting sick of DAoC. I'd heard the bugs were much better, the gameplay much improved ... I shouldn't have believed it. Now they've suckered another $34 bucks out of me. Dammit!

I'm going to pretend I never read this, and just see what happens. If I still get this bug, though, I won't believe a word I read from Funcom ever again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

well things may have changed

I cant vouch for all here, but I havnt seen this in a while.... maybe the fixed it ?

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat

Last night I was in mission.
    Kill and back to mission
    THe first room (3 red mob) was again full!
    But only that room.
    The other I had clean had no mob.

Cya

Worse than the bug is

After having the same problem and reading this post, i think that worse than the damn problem itself is the lack of communication from FC. Jesus, even just posting to say they are aware of the problem and looking into it would help my state of mind. This is just friggen pititful.

Zaal

I was talking about a server-reset, because I almost always return with a possé ready and waiting for my timely return. What I was adding to the discussion was that when I tried to make a run for it, and IF I actually made it as far as to the exit, that the door/exit didn't allow me to zone out. As if the key didn't fit anymore or wasn't valid.
    What I'm praying for is that I just had a general LD, which by the way, hasn't occured so frequently these past few weeks

But.. I suppose this is old news by now

Cheers
    /P

Badda-bump

Happened to my housemate the other night... bada$$ mob whacked him, just because he was unlucky enough to be the first person back in the team after a crash.

What's worse still is that the mission sync problem is getting severe. I've had several occasions where the mob has stayed standing for more than 1 minute. Not only does it have the nerve to hit me, but for some reason I take shield damage from the mobs also.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Beside bumping this problem in the forum, with the marginal impact this is having as always, I would propose that every single team member /petition as soon as this bug strikes you.

I now one, adress my problems directly to the ARKs that are for me representative of the customer service.

They won't be able to help really, but they are nice people and this way Dev Team will have better stats / logs of the live problems. The forum is a very biased report tool you see. Five persons could endlessly bump something, while it's no important matter.

Live petitions are treated in an entirely different way.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I'm splitting as soon as SWG comes out. In the meantime, I'll play AO. But with crap like this, my resolve to keep playing is weakening.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast