Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mission Reset Bug (SERIOUS: FUNCOM READ NOW)

Angry

It wouldn't be as bad if certain chests didn't disappear after the respawn. I was in a mission and found a yalm, I crashed before I could grab it. When I got back in, I thought it'd be ok because I was still happy about finding a yalm which I knew was there since the chest loots are static. But, the chest with the yalm disappeared! How the hell does that happen when the rest of the mission respawns exactly the same?? Grrr!!

Psyphen
    "Today is a good day to...ACK!"

*BUMP*

Guess I've lost 2-3 mill xp the last two days because of missions crashing and resetting.

I'm not taking this BS anymore, fix it or I'm out of here.

*bumpage*

Feeling the same way. Fix this problem, Funcom. Please and thank you.

Now.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Also don't change your weapon in a mission...

Didn't loose xp tonight and wouldn't really care that I died having just levelled during the mission, but I'd like to know what happened to my Maussers (2) that disappeared...

I had just equipped the new one having allocated the missing couple of IP to SMG and was planning on testing the new firepower with the rest of the mission when CRASH. When I log back, there I am fighting the same fight I had just won a moment ago, no problem, kill them again I think... But this time there's no gun in my hand. Both the new and the previous Mausser are gone, nowhere to be found, I die, guns do not reappear magically from the reclaim or any of my bags.

I guess I should have found a trader to buff me the new weapon instead of wanting to be able to self-equip.

Back to the point: no I generally do not like this reset thing at all even though on an occasion it has actually been useful, providing extra cannonfodder...

Fix the DAMN Missions

This has happened about 3 times to me as well, you go into a mission and hack away at the mobs, and BAM all client get kicked ! (not one player, but the whole damn team) your team gets wiped out but when you petition the problem you get a nice message from a ARK or GM that says sorry report it to bugs....... they dont even bother to try and fix the situation in game <---- that part is so damn rude 1.3Mil GONE IN 60 Seconds GONE IN 60 Seconds
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

Bump.

Fix it.

Fix it now.

Or at least teleport everyone out of the mission when it does this.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    I'll bump this. I like the suggestion of being teleported to the first room too.

And kudos for most on keeping this thread civil and being constructive.

To Cosmik or whoever, please take the time to read through this thread and compile the constructive alternatives that some users have suggested to the mission reset problem. I know it was 'designed' as it is now, but there are problems with that design and alternatives should at least be considered.

Note that this isn't a call for an 'official response' as I realize that puts you in an ackward situation. Just please read it, compile the list, and pass on our concerns to the devs if you haven't already. Thank you.

*EDITED*
    In hopes of getting this addressed, I've gone through and compiled it for you:

Ming: Suggests destroying the mission completely, leaving you outside.

Dareus: Suggests reinit and leaving you in the first room.

Others: ~23 total also bumping this message. Multiply that by however whatever the silent/vocal ratio you think exists on this board.

*END EDITED*

Tap
    Last edited by Tappert; Mar 14th, 2002 at 22:40:55.
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Thumbs up I like that idea

If the mission crashes/resets just place all members in the startup room, that way even if they where forced to Start over in the mission i.e. re kill all the mobs it would be whole lot better than being DEAD and thats what this thread is about in the first place.

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat

Yeah cause it happened to me again last night - camping Neleb with my pet - one that I cant cast by myself and I need a trader or MP to cast (yes - its an acceptable OE pet =P) - and the mission just resets. Drops us all out to the desktop. Course, If I, the pet class can make it back in fast enough my pet will still be there and I'll have no worries.

OF COURSE I FAIL TO REALIZE THAT THIS IS A SERVER RESET AND THAT I'M ABOUT TO GET $&*($#$ UP THE #$%!

Whenever a server resets the missions anyone is in it causes several problems, not the least of which is a chaotic dispersal of the team. It is generally unknown how long its going to take a team to reorganize even if they are in a "safe" place. In a persistent game world the mobs would respawn at their natural rate and that would be fine - we worked our way up and killed what we needed to kill to get there.

WHEN A MISSION RESETS IT KILLS EVERYONE - DESTROYING THE CONSISTENCY OF THE GAME - "EATING" PET CLASSES (ENGIES, CRATS, MPS) PETS, WHICH ARE IN MOST PET CLASSES CASES, THEIR ONLY REAL DEFENSE AGAINST MONSTERS AND NPCS IN ANARCHYONLINE.

This is my ***** now. My NT retired due to the fact that no one wants to team with him cause he's a gimp, I now play an engineer, and I generally pay some other classes to buff me up, cause at level 100 or so with only ql 125 implants in my self cast pet sucks. Its my level and not good. So mission resets eat my cash flow as well, the next time getting online I have to pay for more buffs and then proceed to HOPE that I won't lose the pet that cost me credits in some random server reset. But there are no guarantees in Funcom land.

MY FIX SUGGESTION IS NOW TO LINK ALL PETS TO THEIR CREATORS AND STORE THEM WITH THEM INDEFINITELY EVEN AFTER A PET CLASS LOGS OFF OR AS PER THEIR TIME LIMIT MIGHT SUGGEST (crat - mp pets have timelimits).

This is a result of thought, why do we have to create our pets every time anyway. Link them to us so that when we log off, that the pets go into the stasis world with us as well. That way when we come back the pet is still there, if a mission resets I will personally have a better chance of surviving if I have my pet (not great but better than nothing). I sometimes only have limited time to play too - so me getting buffed up to get a pet running that I'm just going to log and kill in two hours seems harsh and a waste of credits. I try to keep my paid buff pets by going /afk a LOT. Hmmmmm.

MISSION RESETS WILL CAUSE ANOTHER MASS EXODUS OF PEOPLE FROM ANARCHY ONLINE.

People come here to enjoy themselves and lose themselves in an alternate online reality. Not to get killed by a technical glitch in the server that forces an instadeath on everyone in a mission area. Keep it up and this is gonna be another "12.6".

THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT WE HAVE YET TO SEE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM FUNCOM ON.

A GM refused to transport a character of mine out of a mission becuase he said it woudl "interfere with gameworld consistency"... to this I say "?????" ! The gameworld consistency was already shot to hell when the mission reset, respawned all the dead mobs, ate my expensive pet, killing my team link, and causing me to log in blind to a hostile zone. If the mission state could be maintained and the mobs still be dead then fine - I could MAYBE deal with losing my pet - at least with all the mobs dead still that we spent HOURS killing I would have a clear path out of the mission.

Ya know the funny part. The GM said soemthign about re-looting all the mobs that made me think their bigger concern was the fact that we were looting them for the crappy items they drop and ont credits. He sounded very sure in his world of "You should die because you're going to get to loot them all again." GM Be****, you know who you are.

FIX IT - I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS CANCELLING BECAUSE OF THIS.

I hate you Funcom; you make a game I have no choice but to LOVE and you let things in it happen that make me HATE that I love the game. Please start doing things right.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Angry

ill bump this (anyone else notice ALOT more system crashes (have to reset) in general lately too?? i went 1 month + without a crash at one point, now its usually 3-4 a night). i also lost a SECOND primus coat last night wail trying to equip it. WTF IS THIS ****?? Im not going to contuie to pay fc money for a faulty product. I can live with bugged items that dont work as intended or an unbalanced class system. Unless some major development happens quickly ill be spending my hard earned money on another game ( BigWorld: Citizen Zero looks wicked fun).

bump

Some things should be fixed before any changes are made to the game, especially this serious bug. Hey, I died, well at least I get another go at it! pfffft...

And as another person stated about losing their yalm chest, the mission completely resets. Different colors for the same mobs, and different chests. I'm gonna see if the mission reward is re-located right now..
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Workaround

I seem to have found a way to greatly minimize the chance of a mission crash/rest:

Every 30-45 minutes, get your ENTIRE team out of the mission. Wait a minute or two before going back in. You'll lose your map, of course, but that's better than the alternative.

I haven't had a crash/reset for two weeks while doing this. However, I do know of people who've had a crash/reset within 10 minutes of entering the mission so this is not a cure-all.

Yup, ours crashed 10 minutes into it the other day. Only lost 300k.

I'd recommend each and every member of your team file a big report every time this happens. Ctrl-alt-shift-F9 I believe is the combo to bring it up.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

bump

bump

bump heh
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Keep this thread alive

Bump ****

Nice post Zaal

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat

Thanks pie!
    -----

Just wasted another hour

Agreed 100% here too.

Not just ove rthe mission crash bug, but over the mission exit doors crash.
    Either they don't work and you're stuck in the room getting pummeled, or they do work but but when you finally get outside... you're dead.

Both cases - it's a waste of a players time and VERY frustrating.

I don't like paying to be frustrated and to waste my time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast