Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mission Reset Bug (SERIOUS: FUNCOM READ NOW)

Angry Mission Reset Bug (SERIOUS: FUNCOM READ NOW)

Ok.

There is a thread on here already, and I suspect that this one will be ignored like the rest.

I like this game.

I have always liked this game.

My class has been only slightly screwed (rage nerf) and overall I am very happy.

I have NEVER considered quitting the game.

EVERY SINGLE time I play I am in a mission that crashed (once per night) I lose between 1-2 mil XP every time, not a lot most of you say, but it is an HOUR OF MY LIFE.

I am quite frustrated by this and it is sucking away my will to play the game.

Why should I pay $13 a month or whatever (clearly money is not an issue to me, but it's the principle -- means so much more) for a game that simply pisses me off every night before I go to bed? Answer: I shouldn't.

If this is not fixed asap a lot of people will get fed up and leave. Nothing more disenheartening than working an hour or three and losing all that work because YOU HAVE A BUG in your game.

Sincerely,
    A player who has lost another 1.2 mil XP.

PS: Oh, and if you don't know what bug I'm talking about, it's the one where the mission crashes and all the mobs respawn, and you are IN THE ROOM with all the respawned mobs, and you DIE right away, even though you CLEARED the room out before!!!
    Last edited by Arinia; Mar 8th, 2002 at 05:14:07.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

With you 100% on this one. At least make us spawn in the first room of the mission if the mission server crashes.
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

LOL
    Last edited by Sheldon; Mar 13th, 2003 at 10:25:12.
    RETIRED

BUMP!!

Go here for a similar thread and more info:

Mission bug

*Bump* again..

This has happened to me 3 times in the last two days.. Arinia is right; it is UNACCEPTABLE to lose 3 hrs of your life to a bug in a product that's been out more than 6 months...

Why are we continuing to pay money to beta-test your product Funcom?

This is a very serious matter. Show you r supprt in both threads by giving them a bump. No one can take lossing time like this forever.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Ya know what pisses me off more? That NO ONE FROM FUNCOM WILL EVERY ACKNOWLEDGE OR REPLY TO THIS POST!!!!

Must be nice running off and screwing around, letting the cash roll in while they do absofriggenlutley nothing to fix this problem, or address that they exist...

I thought FC communication had improved... Where the hell is our answer on this FC? And why is this still happening after 3 months of reports on this very same issue? And there are a host of other answers we are looking for...

Again... silence....

There was a time when we felt like you actually paid attention, but if you say NOTHING AT ALL to any of our posts, we feel completely abandoned. At least give us a BS line "thank you for reporting this issue, are developers are looking into it." Just cut and paste this line into these posts, at least that way we know you may have read them...

Angry

When I first started out on Rubi-Ka I heard all the whining and complaining of the people. Many people quit because of stupid bigs and other things like that. During that time I had no clue what they were talking about.I was happy in my own little world of AO. I was having fun just playing my caharcter and leveling up. But now it has hit me. I am a lvl 103 Soldier and am haveing a hell of a time playing him. First I need to find groups, that takes 30min for so, it all depends on the night. Next we need to get organized and out to the place we are going to lvl, add another 30min or so. Then you finally get to playing and some stupid bug happens and you die and lose XP. Was it worth all that time? On average just to get a little XP and maybe a level I must sacrafice about 3+ hours to AO. Somedays I don't have 3+ hours to play. I have gotten to a point where I am only playing my alt characters because it is just too much work to level up my 103. People do have lives and with all the bugs and other crap in the game, losing XP to stupid things can just drive you insane.

Fix the bugs please, let us all keep our insanity.
    Lieutenant Glen "Madeux" Callagher
    Special Forces, Division9 (R.S.G.E.)
    "Div9 Special Forces Leads the Way"

What's even more fun is when full fledged dungeons do this. Happened to me last night in steps of madness. Very uncool.

When the zone server crashes what else can happen? What would the alternative be? It makes me wonder. Missions are generated when you enter them I would assume. In other words, I don't imagine there are monsters walking around and buffing themselves when a mission area hasn't been chosen. Am I wrong here? It seems like that would be a huge resource hog.

My assumption is when you hit "accept mission" they initialize. So under the current system, when the mission server crashes it just resets all missions. If this is true, when the mission server crashes it could just mark all missions as null, and you'd be back outside the mission with no key. Would people prefer that, or would they be more angry that they lost that mission?

Not required Ming

It used to be that when the server had a problem it would reinit the mission leaving you in the entrace like you just walked in.

This is the correct handling of a server failure.

That said, Funcom has stated that the mission servers aren't crashing which I mention in the other thread.

Just based on my observations from test, as it is far less stable and has given me many more opportunities to observe than on live, the missions do not reset when you crash. They do reset when they crash. From what I'm hearing the server isn't crashing at all and yet the missions are restting? Havent seen this if that is what is being proposed is happening.
    Last edited by Ming; Mar 9th, 2002 at 22:44:59.

Exactly, the mission server (hardware) isn't crashing, but you are disconnected due to server problems.

Not like a client crash where you would still be logged in when you came back.

Thumbs down Gosh, I don't know...

...I think it's a great feature. How many games do you know of that let you hone your skills to perfection by giving you several chances to kill the same MOBs over and over again in the same mission?

[sarcasm off]

oh dear god.

Had this BS happen to me last night... Full Team, Me w/ a slayer. Mission totally crashes. I relog almost immediately so my bot dont time out. Log in and no bot, no team, full mission of 200 lvlMOB's. ACE mob blows my head off my shoulders. Good 2.7 million xp pissed down the drain.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

This happend to me too...

This just happend to me..my dislike for this game just increased 50%...a few more of these type of bugs and I will be moving to another game. The really REALLY sad thing is..is that this game REVOLVES around missions..and they cant get that right...god its so sad..tons of potential riped apart by incompetence, greed and carelessness. This is what happens when a low budget company makes a high buget product.....Funcom better pick up some slack..lota BIG buget online games coming with tons more conent then AO...better try to keep what customers you have or AO will become another Meridian 59.

Seriously folks, what's the point? FC is completely AWOL from these boards. Instead of relying on FC to fix their problems (which we know they never will) let's discuss with each other tips on how to survive when the server crashes.

One method is to have a designated puller bring each mob in the mission to the main room for the rest of the team to take out. Make sure the puller has either Rage or a good speed buff, so if the server resets he can still outrun the respawn on his way out of the mission.

Another way is to do easier missions with smaller groups, so that if the server resets each member is able to either kill the respawned mob without too much difficulty or able to hold out until the other members return. To help facilitate this, the healer should keep each member at full health throughout the battle, and if the server resets, each player should endeavor to return as immediately as possible.

Someone said in another post that these forums are for the players, not so much for FC developers. So let's take control of these boards and start helping each other out, because we know now that FC is not here for us, nor will ever be. It's up to us now...

BTW this in no way excuses FC's continued lack of customer attention or support.

Originally posted by Khayne
    With you 100% on this one. At least make us spawn in the first room of the mission if the mission server crashes.
    That is the perfect fix... This is all the need to do, to make everyone happy... If all the mobs have to come back this is the least they can do...

Bump x 1000

I too have lost xp due to this, I know servers will crash, that is a given, but at least make the recovery better...

I like that idea. Spawn us in the entry room if the mission server crashes.

This is a BAD thing.. and it happenign way too much.. almost impossible to gain exp at high levels now..
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast