Thread: I am sick of the bugs in this game

I am sick of the bugs in this game

Ok - tonight is the last straw for me. I've lived with bugged missions, mysteriously disappearing xps when zoning, lagging, waiting an age for my computer to return to normal after ending a session but tonight caps it all.

I transferred 175000 cash and a ql 67 SA Confident gun to my partner. Almost immediately there was a system wide crash. The money and gun have totally disappeared.

We've tried zoning and re-logging - nothing. I've sent a petition - 36 in front. An hour later, still 36 in front. Will the ARK give me my gun and money back? Fat chance I would think.

One bit of money I will be demanding is my months subscription - I've had it. Goodbye to all who knew me.
    Last edited by Bretton; May 11th, 2002 at 03:28:59.

Re: I am sick of the bugs in this game

Originally posted by Oxclose
    We've tried zoning and re-logging - nothing. I've sent a petition - 36 in front. An hour later, still 36 in front. Will the ARK give me my gun and money back? Fat chance I would think.
    Ok, I am gonna flame ya here, only because my teammates and myself have had such a hard time getting petitions answered lately..

Don't petition to get items back!!! A brief stroll through these forums should have informed you that that was a waste of time...

You're clogging up the petition system by doing this, outta the way!

/me honks horn @ Sunday driver...

Fine - flame me all you like. I feel so angry about this that a bit of flaming is the least of my worries.

On the assumption that Funcom might just occasionally browse these forums, then we need everybody who has suffered from these major bugs to vent their feelings.

Yes, you're correct of course, I have now been contacted by an ARK who was very apologetic but explained there was nothing he or Funcom could do.

For the sake of the sanity of the remaining players who have decided to persevere with this damned game I make this suggestion to Funcom:

Set up a separate "refund" petition line now - it'll avoid people like me clogging up the help system for players whose problems are obviously far more important.

Unhappy aye this happened to me too =/

aye this happened to me too =/

was sorting inv-bank out on the platty in ent, ent crashes, log back in 2 bags with _really_ good stuff dissapeared into ether..

Aint the 1st time either, too..

Knowing the answer i petitioned anyway but unfortunately there ain't a thing ARKs can do, they only refund Yalms.....I do wonder tho, if they can see you had a yalm, why cant they see the other stuff you had prior to the crash?
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

The funniest part is that while FUncom won't do anything to help legit players with these bugs, all those exploiters get off Scot free, maybe banned a bit, but with all their ill gotten goods/xp intact.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Now they are joking!

Contrary to my previous statement about quitting, I thought - hey, while I've still got some time left on my so-far un-refunded subscription, I might as well carry on.

And guess what? Yep, its happened again, only this time between mine and my partner's alternative characters.

We lost 135000 credits after a transfer and almost immediate mutual crash. This time we were graced by a visit from a GM (Wojan1). He gave us the usual spiel about how sorry he was, how there was nothing he could do, but please write to FC so that they could consider our request for a refund.

I pointed out that I hadn't received a reply to my first email. Ah, he says, mention my name in the next email saying that I believe you deserve a reply.

Well I did that and sorry Mr Wojan1 but they haven't replied to that one either. I tried a petition last night asking what my next step should be, considering FC were ignoring my emails. I waited for about 3 hours until I was next in the queue, and then next time I typed /petition status I got the message "you have no petitions in the queue", so the b******s decided to ignore that too!

I am now at the stage where the only way to keep my sanity is to occasionally have a little hysterical laugh to myself.

Has anybody got any idea how I can get some sort of response from FC about this? Please?

Your post count is too low (4)... Spam every board at least 3 times a day. That should give you at least an outside shot of getting a response. Or look in this thread...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=24488

CZ stated...

" PS: If you have complaints about the performance of the Community team - as a matter of fact, if you have complaints about anything Funcom does - feel free to send me an e-mail at cz@anarchy-online.com. I'll see what I can do. If nothing else, I can at least bring it to attention with the right people."

Give it a shot. CZ and Cosmik from what I have seen have been very good about answering questions and standing by statements they make. After all it wouldn't hurt to let them know how you feel and that all of your email and petition have gone unanswered/where answered poorly.

BTW. I would never post and email address if it wasn't already in the forums as public record with a statement like the above.

OK Zarrot, I've taken up your suggestion.

This is my email to CZ:

OK CZ, I'll take you up on your offer on the forum, quote:

>> PS: If you have complaints about the performance of the Community team - as a matter of fact, if you have complaints about anything Funcom does - feel free to send me an e-mail at cz@anarchy-online.com. I'll see what I can do. If nothing else, I can at least bring it to attention with the right people." <<

In case you haven't read it, I refer you to the thread I started:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...378#post443378

I won't go over the facts of the case here - it's all in the thread. But I would really like to know why ARKs and GMs insist that you write to Funcom with your complaint if Funcom are clearly not bothering to reply.

Regards.....

Lets see if I get a reply to that.

Quick update.

No sign of a reply yet from Funcom or CZ.

Still holding my breath...

I have now received a reply from CZ - he is looking into why FC have not replied to both my complaints.

Thanks CZ.

Don't ask for getting lost items back, that makes u an exploiter