Thread: Big brother has nerfed us...and the docs..:(

Angry Big brother has nerfed us soldiers...and the docs..:(

I have been playing for a few months and my soldier is now at lvl 69. I have been unable to get money or lvl since 13.0 came out due to the nerfs that have been placed on Docs and soldiers.

Previously I had the role of tank in my teams, but since my ql100 XM only hits for 150-200 against human mobs now I am pretty much useless as anything else than a wall for the mobs to pound on.
    Unfortunately they dont do that for very long. As soon as the doc tries to heal me or the team everything aggros on him.... and I can no longer save him since my specials are so weak they dont even tickle the mobs.

PvP nerf was a great idea, but why in the world has the same nerf been extended to human mobs? All I can do now is run around NW cave in lush looking for green mutants that I can kill for xp.... takes ages to lvl that way and more often than not I die.

Forget about doing missions.... been killed by greys several times now.... which really sux.

Please remove the dmg reduction against human mobs.... there is no logical reason a ql 89 nova should be hitting for less than 30 dmg 50% of the time.

If not then you will probably find less soldiers and only agents in the game... they seem to be the only ones who can do missions now since they can sneak them..... until u nerf that too

I like this game a lot and think it would be a shame if you "force" people to reroll as other classes so they can play. I am a soldier in RL and I really want to play as a soldier...... will I be able to continue to play as such, or must we all be agents?
    Last edited by Beartwo; Nov 22nd, 2001 at 14:44:04.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Cool Agents only ones who can sneak?

Clearly you have not read many posts here and are someone ,like many who are misinformed and believe this legend of agent might. Was here from day one as an agent ,,Agents were the first in the game to be nerfed and they were hit hard and have never fully recovered. As far as the only class who can sneak a mission,,I am a l-64 agent with 800 in conceal,which is my strong point for class,and it is impossible for me to sneak any mission. I am trying to do missions at my level and more often delete the mission because discovered and mobbed,if agents are so good at sneaking ,why have i only completed 5 missions in a week,and in those died so many times lost any earned xp. I am not angry but a lot of misinformation led to agents being nerfed in the first place,so am a bit touchy when i see more of it. I have never played any class but agent so I usually wont post pertaining to another class. Any way,allclasses complained and screamed for agent nerf in the beginning,so it is to bad and i know how you feel,but once you get the nerf ball rolling eventually it will roll on everyone,,,and maybe there is some justice in that. Be well,and good luck

I may not have read all the posts here, but I know how my guild is able to survive..... By having agents who bring in cash and high ql items from missions. I am aware of the AS nerf and the conceal nerf and I sympathize with you. Still....our agents are able to make huge amounts of money (thank god....).

My soldier however is a waste of time, since he cannot even run a 50% mission without dying by the hands of a grey human mob.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Hmmm,are they soloing or teaming,,,am not trying to argue,but for me,it is next to impossible to solo and from the agents forum here i get the same impression. Nor is my agent gimped,,made a few early mistakes,,but am using good armor,a very good rifle,,soon to be better, and as i said conceal maxed and buffed for my level,and i can not go for high ql items i am extremely fortunate if can pull off a ql-70 mission. Unfortunate side of this nerfing it is not done in a way that evens things out,but in a way that totally cripples and changes game play,for the worse, of the class being nerfed. Am glad ypur agents can pull their missions off,,but as earlier stated does not work for me or others i speak to,,,seems less of an issue at lower levels,but am assuming agents in your guild have been playing awhile,,hope there is some sort of denerf in the future for all

Agents are victims of nurfs too

Gimps of the world unite!

Here is the agent story.

conceal nurfed
    conceal fixed
    conceal nurfed
    conceal fixed
    aim shot nurfed
    FP lines fixed

Their aimed shot nurf needs to be fixed. Conceal works now but things need to be stacked, implants, ruse, leet all this jazz for it to work for some. I meet a lot of 120ish agents that can sneak 200 missions now tho, so maybe conceal isn't all that borked. Your FP line works well now. Heck if the agent class gets too nurfed you can always get some good recompilers and be a doctor till the next patch =]

Here is the story with soldiers

MK nurfed (no more reflect damage)
    Deflect sheild accidentially nurfed and never fixed
    FA nurfed
    Burst nurfed
    Given a healing nano with a 560+ req in 2 dark blues, it heals 200-300 points of damage and starts a 10pt dot.
    MK nurfed (no more weapon switching while MK runs)

Yes Soldiers aren't the only class to use Burst and FA but we are the best at it, and other than normal very random and frequently low averege damage (uness we always team with MAs) burst and FA is ALL we have. Using the MK now PRECLUDES you from usung any of these specials from the best weapon, only the weapon in your hand. This is actually a silly nurf for so many reasons, it strongly encourages soldiers to take the same route as traders, fixers, agents and enforcers get a ton of people to buff you into 1 gun and never take it out of your hands.

Soldiers need some major love soon, and I'll say it again:

FA un-nurfed
    Burst un-nurfed

Average damage increased based on skill bonus

low cost heal line less effective than MAs and Advs, no team heals, just self heals

Fix deflection sheild

Fix MK so you can switch weps again with it on

And WISH LIST:

an extractor nano line inferior to NTs, nano pool is our bigest handicap due to tank. NT's were vunerable to damage, they got dark movement, layered protection, the ephrams' line, and nulify sphere. Tank now works properly, in our defense we need a way to regenerate nano faster as that is our big weakness. WE could also use a nano resist line too.