Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

Hi,
    Same thing happened to me and my wife, i was making implantts for her she traded w/ me and hit accept, it shown no messages on my screen while showing that she was trading with me on hers. I petitioned and got the standard answer. Made a bug report but the bug report software crashed. So i sent it through the website and got no response ever about the issue. Luckily it was only a set of QL100 implants and not an impossible to obtain high level item.

Never hit accept without an acknowledgement from the other person that they see the item and never trade in a store, or 20k for that matter.

Funcom seriously needs to rethink their policy on replacement otherwise these "little bugs" will kill the fun in the game.

yesiamstoned
    125 NT
    RK-2

Smile Trading with pets...

I frequently give my pets chest/mob loot that I don't plan on keeping. I want them to feel like valuable members of the team and, well, it certainly seems to keep them perky and fighting. I recall once I gave my demon a fenzy embodiment crystal; I have never seen her fight like she fought that day. It was truly inspirational. I've also found that my mezz pets like notum chips. They seem to work better when they've been well fed.

In complete seriousness, I trade with numerous people on a daily basis. In an effort to ensure that I don't accidentally hand that ql 200 foot implant I just made for someone to a random, I've gotten in the habit of looking to see who I have opened the trade with. It isn't that hard to do once you make it a habit. I've only had a couple trades fail in the last several months and those have usually been a result of the other party going LD.

By no means am I saying that the lost disc/crystal doesn't suck. It does. But if funcom were to ammend the policy for one person, they're going to have to do it for all persons. I just don't see that happening, especially when the issue has been as well publicized as this.

I do the same thing.

I open the trade, ask the person to confirm if its the correct item, look for the 'Trading with ...' text then wait for the person to click accept and I see the red bar turn blue.

Then I click accept.

Boooo!

This reminds me of something that happened to my friend and guild mate, Fopus. An Ark/GM randomly teleported him into a prison with no exit. A guard was on the other side of the walls and attacked him. Fopus died and lost 4 million xp. After he petitioned, noone would claim responsibility and the GM was "unable to verify that it had occured." The GM stated the policy and left.

Things such as this happen far too much. The argument of "Well such and such game did the same thing." is ridiculous. Just because one company screws up does NOT make it OK for another company. I am sure everyone that has petitioned about something of this nature is very offended by the su****ious Arks/GMs that respond. Every time the "logs are checked," the response is always "We were unable to find evidence in the logs." Why is it that nothing is ever found in the logs? Do they not exist? Do you even CHECK? Are the logs as buggy as the game?

Both parties involved in the transaction confirmed there was a transaction. Also, many RESPECTABLE and long time players have also vouched for Claire that she had the instruction disc.

Remember people, this can happen to any of you and WILL happen to someone else.

I am fed up with this game and seeing friends and strangers alike get screwed over. I am fed up with every patch and bug "fix" bringing more bugs. And I am fed up with playing beta tester for a game that was released way too early. Instead of adding good content in the past 8 months, you have spent the time trying to make up for your early release.

Funcom has two options here. Either reimburse Claire, or lose her as a customer. Real money compared to a game item that can be created at a whim. You have the ability to fix this.

Dankman
    165 Soldier

This subscription will detonate in one 1 month.

Originally posted by Lilbob

and zerp alter that sig it kinda reads wrong =p

there Lilbob sig is all better now
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

It could happen to you

After you read through 6+ pages of messages about this, try to remember one thing.

If it can happen to Claire, it can happen to you.

When it does, how will you want to be treated? How much time and money would you be willing to invest in a product if you knew you could lose it all with no recourse?

AO gets from me my most valuable asset.

My Time.

It scares me to think that after all the hundreds of hours of time I've put into AO, that it could be dismissed by a GM because they don't have the *time* to deal with it.

My question now is how much more of my time do I want to continue to invest in this product?

I believe that what happened to Claire, could happen to me. I believe that the manner in which FC chose to deal with Claire will be the same way they deal with me. For that reason I choose to not spend any more of my valuable time with this product.

Mistakes happen, If FC can publicly post that this incident has been reviewed and in what manner they chose to handle it then I'll reconsider cancelling my accounts. I'm not asking that they be given back what they lost, I just want to know how I will be treated when this happens to me.

I would not want to be treated the way Claire was.

Grimpower

Cool Re: It could happen to you

Originally posted by Grimpower
    If it can happen to Claire, it can happen to you.
    Yes it can. I'm very happy to know it is being brought to FC's attention by Cz.

Mistakes happen, If FC can publicly post that this incident has been reviewed and in what manner they chose to handle it then I'll reconsider cancelling my accounts. I'm not asking that they be given back what they lost, I just want to know how I will be treated when this happens to me.
    Another rush-to-judgement. You have no idea where the investigation stand. No idea if it's been taken private. No idea if the item was dupe that should not have been there. No idea what the logs, if any, say. And it isn't any of your business!

Yes, you (and I) do want to know how we will be handled in similar circumstances. But to perform a pre-emptive cancellation is, in my opinion, overreacting. Frankly, I say good-riddence to players with that mindset.

As far as I'm concerned, the game will be a better place if everyone so twitchy to rush to judgement does quit and gets out of the way of more reasoned players.

Bye!
    Martek

Re: It could happen to you

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grimpower

>I would not want to be treated the way Claire was.

Well put Grimpower!

Bump: how much time do Funcom need to reimb Claire her disc?

--

Grimne, fisti-cuffs champion extraordinaire

mirr i find your defense quite funny. Humor us some more. The fact is This is cheap and bad coding and FC knows it and YOU know it.

Not my Business ??

>>>Another rush-to-judgement. You have no idea where the investigation stand. No idea if it's been taken private. No idea if the item was dupe that should not have been there. No idea what the logs, if any, say.<<<

You're absolutely right, I do not know where FC stands in this. Maybe FC should let us know where they stand, I believe that is exactly what I asked them to do in the previous post.

But, I do know where Claire stands.

>>>And it isn't any of your business!<<<

Not my business, Huh ? Of course this is my business. How FC treats her is indicative of how they will treat me.

>>>Yes, you (and I) do want to know how we will be handled in similar circumstances. But to perform a pre-emptive cancellation is, in my opinion, overreacting.<<<

I have support email that was sent at the first of January. I get an auto-reply that same day. I send a follow-up email to support a week later because I've heard nothing from them. I get an auto-reply the same day. It is now March 13th and I'm still waiting to hear from *someone* at support. At this point, my problems and concerns that were stated in that email are history. I'll never get a responce to it.

I do not like that.

Since AO has launched I have petitioned literally countless times about game stopping issues that I was experiencing. 90% of those complaints were about being unable to play while in the game. (stuck, false zone, persistant zone crashes, client unable to completely load, etc) Out of all of those petitions, I have recieved ONE reply. Heck, just Monday night I could only halfway log into Broken Shore, before AO would lock up (by the way, this was on 4 different computers in three different locations) This was Monday night and I realize it's only been three days now, but I've yet to recieve a responce to my petition. When I sent it there were 101 petitions in front of me, now there are only 29 as of this morning.

You say I am over reacting. In my opinion I have been incredibly generous with my patience.

>>>Frankly, I say good-riddence to players with that mindset.<<<

All I can say, is that your turn will come, then maybe you'll understand what it feels like to be ignored. One of these days something bad may happen to you and then you'll understand what it feels like to not have anyone to help.

When would you step in to help, when would you say "enough is enough"?

>>>As far as I'm concerned, the game will be a better place if everyone so twitchy to rush to judgement does quit and gets out of the way of more reasoned players. <<<

As far as I am concerned the game will be a better place if everyone would take an interest in what happens to their fellow players. Heck, everything would be better if people would just take an interest in what's going on around them.

Grimpower

Lightbulb Update

Ok, here is what I know...

1. Claire traded the two components to a pet.
    Yes, we do understand that trading with pets is currently an unnecessary feature, and will as far as I know disable it. Trading with NPCs will still be a needed feature, and thus people can still lose items by giving them to NPCs by mistake.

In situations like this, where a player trades items to a pet or NPC, we have to choose between being nice, and being fair. We choose to be fair. Thus making exceptions to the policy is not an option, as that would be unfair to other players.

2. The ARK and GM.
    I had the Lead GM check the issue, as it is no my business to do so myself, and he informed me that he found nothing wrong with their behavior. If anybody were present, and feel otherwise, please e-mail me your version at community@anarchy-online.com.

I'll try keep an eye on this thread between checking on the over-equipping matter, and answer as much as I can.

Grimpower, I'm sorry, but I had to edit away that little story you had in your last post. I understand the comparison, but other people reading this bulletin board might react very negatively to it. I will not risk exposing people who might have big problems with that kind of stories to them here. I hope you understand why.

Unhappy

Trying to figure out what to write to this issue, but very hard actually. Hard not to be angry, hard not to start flame and hard to see the right in this.

I can see the logic in enforcing an official policy as other people will feel treated bad if Claire got her disc bad and they didn't get their stuff back.

But that doesn't make it right. The policy needs to be changed. The game has been running for around 8 months now and it should be free of the early problems and lack of GM tools and logs. If GMs do not have the tools to see if people try to cheat them, well - then they do not have the tools they need to do their job fully and that need to be changed. This policy is pissing on people already hit by a bug from Funcom, and thereby not thinking the best of Funcom in the first place. And then they get the "we can not re-imburse the item lost to a bug we have not fixed" is not the way to treat customers. And you loose customers. Not only that customer, but the customer's friends and surroundings. Everyone know that, and so do Funcom. And therefore its also time to do something about it.

I do feel for the GMs, the ARKs, the community-people and the support-department. These people have to talk to these people and can not help them at all due to this policy.

Lets get better treatment of the customers and get that policy changed now. That way we have happy customers, we have happy Funcom employes that are able to make customers happy again. We have lived with the policy for 8 months and we are fed up.
    ~Lone

/me nods to everything in Noer's post.

I agree completely, and I know GMs and ARKs would love to help you all as much as possible. I will bring the entire reimbursal issue up again with all people who have a say on this, and see what we can do.

Thanks Noer, for the reply, and not starting a flame. I hope we can get stuff done immediately in this matter.

change the policy

The policy stinks.

I don't call it fair either. Just because something is the same for all involved does not mean it's "fair". The people who made the policy are human beings. Make a darn judgement call. Oh and FIX it, eh?

Here is an announcement I would like to see from FunC

"The importance and stature of the items in question have caused us to second guess the code whereby a player could trade items to a pet. This feature is not needed in game and has led to many unsatisfied players. Therefor we will be working on this issue and expect that pet trades can be blocked by the next patch. Until that time make sure you validate your target when trading items, and if it occurs please petition. Understand that our response time may be slow do to the suspected increase in petitions as a result of this change in policy. Our goal is simply to help the players, even if it takes many days to do so."

That's what I would like to see, not that I've had the misfortune of trading with a pet. It sure would ruin my time in game if it happened on this scale though.
    Last edited by Hollowpoint; Mar 13th, 2002 at 20:20:59.

I must actually agree with Cz and Funcom here and say that they did a good job.

They checked the log, found the problem and what caused it.

The disc wasn't lost by a bug it was Claire that opened the trade with the pet and dropped it there.

This time it was a very valuble item so maybe FC should reimburse it?
    I think not, for a low lvl, 100k is very valuble so they would have to reimburse everything then and check log all the time.

I think nothing should be reimburse if it's not caused by a bug, if it's caused by a bug it might be diffrent.

I understand how Claire feels about it tho and if I lost an item that valuble I would be very pissed and if not quit atleast take a break from AO.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I wonder if all the people screaming about Funcom being to blame and buggy code feel a bit silly now....

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time and following through CZ. I realize that it's not a part of your job. It's when people go above and beyond what is expected that products, endeavors, and events truly start to shine.

It gives me a little more confidence in AO that *someone* made the effort to find out.

Thanks CZ

Grimpower

Well, pets accepting trades should be considered a bug if you ask me. And items lost to bugs should be reimbursed.
    ~Lone

ack..

sigh :\
    well so it was traded to a pet...
    i never heard of this thing b4 all this happend,
    and having it confirmed now i still feel cheated.
    there was noone else there - i clicked on the player
    not the pet. yes i prolly should have checked
    "trading with", but i never heard that u could trade
    with pets and that it would accept trade. the pet must
    have come in between somehow without me seeing it.

U could so easily have made a different decision here,
    so i'm sadened that u came to this one, tho not suprised.
    its still bs in my eyes having pets steal ur stuff...atleast u
    should be able to loot it then when its killed.

Cz tnx for checking it out. i still feel (as do all of the ppl
    present at the time) that we recieved rude treatment from
    the GM. apperantly he had no idea what effort & time it takes
    to even get close to these redicilous rare items. this was
    the second nullity mk 2 in whole of ao i belive. why have it
    there at all ?

The only sympathetic and helpful words have come from
    friends and part of the community. ty all for posts on
    my behalf.

Claire

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast