Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

quite simply im not interested in the knit picking facts
    what i care about is theyve just caused another good person to leave through There arrogant attitude how hard is it to reimburse a damn disk? not hard it doesnt cost them money it doesnt cost them f*** all its simply THEY DONT CARE THEY NEVER WILL CARE AND THIS IS THE LAST GAME THEY WILL EVER MAKE AS NOONE WILL TRUST THEM AGAIN!!

the only gm that did care was jdaug and they f***ing fired him?

LOOK OUT FUNCOM LOTS OF COMPETITION TO FINISH YOU OFF IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!

www.neocron.com
    www.starwarsgalaxies.com
    http://zone.msn.com/inviso1/default.asp
    www.neverwinternights.com
    www.shadowbane.com
    www.station.sony.com/planetside

and upon release of a single one of these itll be
    funcom is the weakest link...GOODBYE!!
    Tradeskill Shop

Offering all tradeskill services, armour making weapon upgrading, mantis eggs, custom towers and anything else.

Lilbob, Nobel Prize Engineer

its called anger!!
    the only thing i feel when it comes to FC is anger
    Tradeskill Shop

Offering all tradeskill services, armour making weapon upgrading, mantis eggs, custom towers and anything else.

its called anger!!
    the only thing i feel when it comes to FC is anger

Do you think getting angry about a video game is normal?

I think the moment you start to be emotionally affected by a computer game to the point where you make threats and use profanity, you should stop probably playing.
    It's a little bit disturbing.

By the way, Neocron is no competition for Anarchy Online and Planetside is more of a FPS.

Cool Settle down

Originally posted by Lilbob
    THEY DONT CARE THEY NEVER WILL CARE AND THIS IS THE LAST GAME THEY WILL EVER MAKE AS NOONE WILL TRUST THEM AGAIN!!
    Ya know; this situation deserves a closer look. And it has already been established that the issue will be forwaded to their attention (at least twice by Cz).

There's plenty of possibilities here, some are bugs, others are not. But nothing has been established yet (at least in public).

I think you are freaking out a little much there, Lilbob. As significant as this issue is, and at the stage of things in terms of it being looked at, there is no reason for an uncontrolled outburst of rage like that. Furthermore, that kind of temper under much more serious circumstances than this one, would still be a sign of little or no self-control. You really need to get a hold of yourself, and step back and cool down. That kind of anger is not healhy.

Not to metion that it's a bit premature to form any kind of conclusion anyways.

Martek

Anger/Video Game

Maybe to some people these games are just that.. a Simple little video game with pixels shifting and changing to make pretty pictures and have some fun at it.

Then there is the TRUE GAMER..the individual who dedicates TIME..valuable TIME to create the best character they can and be happy with their creation because they can be a valuable ally to groups and other GAMER friends in the GAME WORLD.

This does come at a price..and the price is giving up RL time to get GAME time in.

I have often run across people who use the "LAME" excuse of "it's just a game" to justify a wrong done by a company that doesn't stand behind its game.

I am not trying to flame you but seriously it's all in the view of the "PLAYER".

Maybe you only play 1 time a week, but there are people who really get into their character and their "game".

So please don't simply wave of the true anger and betrayal people feel when a wrong has been done to them...the anger is real, the feeling of being let down is real.

I know...I left DAOC because of it..I left AC because of it.. I left Everquest because of it....seems to me that the same cookie cutter rules are applying to every game out there.

The only time you will ever see justice done is when a company looks into making code that is trackable and also WARNS you that you are about to make a mistake and DOESN'T let you.

I think its easy to do...just suprised nobody has done it.

I have often run across people who use the "LAME" excuse of "it's just a game" to justify a wrong done by a company that doesn't stand behind its game.

And where is the proof that any wrong was done by Funcom in this situation. They have a no reimbursement policy that ARKs and GMs are required to adhere to.

Cz has already posted the appropraite action to take in a situation like this. He has also said that he would personally look into it.

But seriously, who is more LAME?
    Someone who has real emotional reactions like rage, anger and sadness because of a computer game....or someone who plays video games for entertainment and leisure.

Well you got 7 days to get it back.

Thats how long FC keeps logs.

Good luck...I really mean it.
    I miss LadyE.

(sorry for this being of topic)

When you get down to the meat of the all the whining and all the anger and all the flaming it really comes down to this: AO at it's heart really is a great game; it has a gorgeous, rich HUGE world to play in. It has all these stats that you can customize at will, and alot of weapons, implants, buffs, armor (that are visiable) and lots and lots of creative mobs to kill. AO really is a great addictive game but it's also full of bugs, bugs that rear their ugly heads at precisly the wrong times...i.e. mission resets, crashes, borked transactions, chain nukes, invisable mobs and so on and so on. Most ppl if not caught in this viscious cycle would most certainly not be soo angry and vengeful (they cant take their frustrations out on funcom so they come here and flame, I really don't blame em).

Originally posted by Miir
    But seriously, who is more LAME?
    Someone who has real emotional reactions like rage, anger and sadness because of a computer game....or someone who plays video games for entertainment and leisure.
    Are you saying that people should chill, or are you saying "It's not worth getting worked up about?" Because we should all chill, but it's still something to get worked up about.

Otherwise, what you're saying to me is this: I shouldn't give a rip about the game. I shouldn't laugh/cry/be afraid/feel anything while playing. Then tell me this: why pay 12$ a month to play, when I could sit and watch paint dry instead for free, and not give a rip about that either? What is your definition of "leisure," turning off your brain? (If it is, see my drying-paint suggestion above. )

Please keep this on topic, this ranting and off topic discussing shouldn't happen in this thread.

I am still waiting for Funcom's response.
    ~Lone

i agree with noer, she MOST CERTAINLY should get that nullity at least disk back, she paid a lot for it, and is one of the greatest members of the ao community. funcom should take note from verant taking exception to reimbursement for epics, cuz nullity and grid armor are as hard to get, if not harder then most eq epics.

Return to the top, you naughty thread!

JS
    Jonathon@aquetatis.com
    Lieutenant Antoine "Yorimitsu" Stritzke
    Division 3: Omni Reclamation
    Special Forces lead the way!
    OMNIpotent, OMNIscient, OMNIpresent

Investigate it and give it to her...

Wow is all I can say.

Funny I haven't seen Claire around for about 1 week (she's in my guild) with my extreme time diff and all...

Do you people know how hard it is to buy a yalm? I hear ppl complain all the time if they lose their yalm they will quit. I have paid for many yalms in my time on Rubi-Ki. What is 5mil for an item you can get at the store anytime? Why is it GMs will give yalms back to ppl who lose them? YET a VERY VERY rare item that someone found and sold for an obscene amount - the item goes poof and the GM couldnt be bothered?

What is the GMs job? To cyber with n00b chicks? They are CS representitives. I won't petition anymore, ARKS and GMS are useless. Sending email to support@ helps but they take months to get stuff done. (case in point, i have had 2 bugs to my chars during my time in AO, 1st one they couldnt fix, 2nd one took about 1-2months to fix...)

Claire I hope they come to their senses and check the logs.

It is actually stuff like this that makes people who would never think of exploiting, exploit. Buddy thinks "hmmm they dont give you back items if u lose them, I think I will just sit here and dupe these (item here) just in case..."

my appologies for the rant but claire is one of the nicest people in AO and she should not have been treated in this way, in fact no-one shouldve been treated this way, it isnt fair because we dont pay to be treated like garbage.

They are supposed to do a job not sit and make excuses thats why people get upset and angry because they pay and they are getting this?

Whoever it was who told me to leave AO because im only saying what is true and if thats a crime im quite guilty.

You pay for it so you are bound to care what happens, if you dont, well obviously you have money to waste.

Noer im sorry for coming over in a rant form, which is bad on my part but im really upset for claire, paying to be treated like garbage rather than them just doing there job and sorting it out.

I will sit back now and see what happens, hopefully FC will do the right thing
    Tradeskill Shop

<lotsa stuff deleted>

<angry rant deleted>

<appeal to Funcom to reimburse Claire's disc>

<obligatory threat of leaving game for random_still_to_launch_game (not serious)>

<all too familiar story of trade gone bad/crashing and losing important equipment>

<more stuff deleted>

but I'm still left with a bad taste in my mouth here. Hmm...

Grimne 168 MA,
    and damn afraid to experience what happened to Claire

Unhappy Sorry 'bout that

Originally posted by Miir
    Nope, but feel free to call me a retard
    Miir, sorry about the whole 'retard' thing. I just thought your blast on the angry child was a bit harsh. And as a 'true gamer' it bothers me that some people don't have an emotional response to the game at all, that is what RPGs are all about IMO. StrikeThree is an agent (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look me up on ymera or people)... but he is my lowest level toon. I play EVERY prof (I have more than one account). I like this game quite a bit, and the thing that upsets me the most is the lack of a proper change control management process with FUncom development. Plus, when someone goes through the trouble to build a nano formula (as well as losing 200 mill), it becomes a serious issue. FUncom customer support should STOP what they are doing, and fix the issue. A paying customer got screwed and it scares me (as it should you) to know that we may be in his shoes someday...

Again, I apologize for the name-calling. You post many opinions on the forums (most of which I agree with).

L8R,
    Strike

bump!!!!

I know Claire very well and i can garantee she does not lie and would never cheat and lie to get herself that nullity. I REALLY hope Funcom will make an exception to their harsh NO reimbursement policy as this is an item of extreme value and is practically impossible to replace.

*prays the Funcom will do the right thing in this case and at least look into the matter and not dismiss it as if it was another trivial item loss*

- Lequack / Zerpentor
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

Thumbs down Rush to judgement

Originally posted by Zerpentor
    I know Claire very well and i can garantee she does not lie and would never cheat and lie to get herself that nullity. I REALLY hope Funcom will make an exception to their harsh NO reimbursement policy as this is an item of extreme value and is practically impossible to replace.
    She may be the virtue of honor in the game, but what if the purchased item was a dupe? Should FunCom allow the entry into the game of a legitimate item to replace what should not have been available in the first place? If the item was a dupe, then at best she should be refunded the credits, while the seller's account should be scrutinized closely.

There's just too many possibilities here for everyone to blindly jump up and down demanding replacement of the Nullity Sphere. People aren't demanding justice so much as they are demanding vengence.

This needs to be investigated, not blindly closed as a case with an easy solution that may not actually be the fairest solution.

Martek

Thumbs down I'm even dumber :()

First time I was out in EFP hunting with my buddys, the guy sitting next to me RL says: "If I can borrow your shades I can cast the first ninja pet". Click, drop, accept....WOSH down the toilet, his yellow crat pet ate my shades.....30-100 mil down the drain or so.

3 days later I sit in pm and was supposed to be nice to an agent buddy and give him a Ranee I had gotten for him.
    Woot, my slayerdroid ate it!!!

Some scary ****, I did the same thing and petitioned.....I got the response "sorry".

*bump*
    bumping it again

i agree if it was a duped item they should refund the credits as it wasnt claires fault and she wouldve had no idea if it was or not, they should do something in order to sort this out.

i really do hope they do the right thing.

we miss you claire!!!

and zerp alter that sig it kinda reads wrong =p
    Tradeskill Shop

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast