Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

*doesnt comment*
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Not strictly a trade bug, but I've had a Yalm disappear on me. It seems that the logs don't cover inventory contents so they couldn't prove I'd ever had the Yalm. No reimbursement, of course...

A character who has the experience and resources to wrangle up 200 million credits is not careful enough in a trade to avoid giving 200 million credits worth of products to a pet. How is that Funcom's fault again? I'm just curious.
    Regardless of whether she traded it to a pet or not the pathetic part is the fact that the GM couldn't even be bothered to check logs is was to much work.. And it cost them yet another customer and alot of people their friend and one person their wife. Funcom crap Customer Service strikes again.

If the GM had checked and confirmed she did then she would be pissed at herself and maybe a little at FC for allowing pets to accept trades..

Have you contacted Support about this? That is the proper channel for bringing up issues like this, and though I understand your frustration extremely well, the bulletin board really isn't the best forum for it.
    See above.

Sorry CZ but time and time again you ignore us and give us absolutly no Customer Service for our dollar just excuses and you know what you are very close to loosing this customer too...

Be smart Be a good CS company give Clair the Crystal she worked so hard for make up for some of the bad press you are continuously generating with incedents like this that happen far to often...
    Last edited by Serena; Mar 9th, 2002 at 15:25:23.

I know one thing.. I will NEVER EVER subscribe to ANY other game or product released by Funcom.
    I actually think this is true for most of us, I would never even think of buying a game that FC have done, so the better start doing something good with this, cuz it's the last game they will have any chance to sell...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I have 2 companys on my list:

Verant

Funcom

And you know what when I leave here I think I will be done with these type games because it seems to be the same issues with all of them.

Lightbulb

Just dropping by to let you know I have not forgotten this case. I've looked into it as much as I am able to today, and delivered my report. Gotta await some feedback on that before taking this further.

Cz

Lightbulb This affects everyone

I am not an NT so I don't know what an MKII does but I just wanted to let you know that all of us Martial Artists stand behind you on this one. If you tell us where to find one of these, we will look for it and give it to Claire, just don't leave the game yet.

Unhappy

Originally posted by Cz
    First of all, I'm sorry you got into such a situation, Claire. Losing items, especially something as valuable as a Nullity Sphere Mk 2 nano, is a major pain.

Have you contacted Support about this? That is the proper channel for bringing up issues like this, and though I understand your frustration extremely well, the bulletin board really isn't the best forum for it.

I'll look into this matter when I get to work tomorrow, and see whether I can help you out, or at least get a better reply on why it is not possible.

Until then, try keep it calm people. I do understand your reactions, and from a gamer's viewpoint I understand your dissatisfaction with our policies, but I promise you I will look into it.

Right now, in between laundry and dinner, there's not much else I can do.

Take care. Talk to you tomorrow.

Cz

CZ,

I hope you can help this person.. although she did state she was out thus you may need to convince her to stay and keep her account.

BUT I do hope you have noted one other VERY important thing in this thread... All of us that have commented here have experienced the SAME issues.

From RUDE GM's (I have never met a rude ARK, but I HAVE definately met rude GM's, some of the names here posted by others being the one and the same), the to fact that the policy that FC has in place is what is really hurting the game and forcing us all to move toward the statements we have made.

None of us here, other than who started this thread, expect you to now fix this right now for all of us here HOWEVER we do hope you will somehow get through to FC that unless there is change, many more of us will be going the same way.

I am sure I speak for many others when I say that we totally understand that FC/AO is concerned about the integrity of the game... about exploiting and exploiters when it comes to GM's giving back experience and items lost. But what FC seems to not understand is that ALL, and I mean ALL of us have one thing in common.... ALL of these losses have occurred DIRECTLY because of BUGS and gameplay issues. Issues that have been confirmed AND verified by GM's themselves.

We understand that FC cannot go around 'giving back' every little item that is lost. Sometimes that happens. But when a person invests hours and hours of time only to loose it all because of a bug or crash, that is a different story. Or in the case of this person, when a bug causes the loss of something so rare that few people even know what it is, well that too is in-excusable.

I still have this last account. (I already cancelled my kids 4 other accounts when they came due - they all quit playing because of the issues so there was no point in maintaining the accounts in hopes of them playing again) To be honest, I do not want to leave as many others are doing. I keep hoping that FC will change their customer support policy before my account expires. They have 60 days for that to happen because after that, my account is one of those that does expire. I do not expect FC to fix all the bugs by then. That is not realistic. But I DO expect FC to change the way it does business, I expect FC to start answering support email and I expect FC to in some way TELL us that have heard us and that we WILL see tangible changes in the way things are handled in game due to bugs and crashes and our losses.

Finally, you told her to email support. Have you done this yourself CZ? Try it. See how long it takes you to get an answer IF you even get one.

I have 8 support email spread over the last eight weeks. NOT ONE has been answered. All have been returned via autoreply and if need be I can post the autoreply numbers.

You asked us to 'Keep it Calm'. We can do that IF Funcom can do something about all of this and fast. Try to remember that we are not all kids out here playing a game. We are PAYING customers with REAL money that we send to FC monthly for a SERVICE that we EXPECT to work or at least receive a return from for our hours of invested effort and time. All that said, and if that return is worthwhile, we customers then become HAPPY gamers.

Malakie

I know one thing.. I will NEVER EVER subscribe to ANY other game or product released by Funcom.
    .. true

Yes i may be addicted to this game, but this is the only one ill ever be addicted to by funcom, since im not ever going to turn the back of the box of another video game i see made by funcom. How ironic to have a name like "funcom" anyways.

~ bump, i want to get emails from this thread, id like to see the results.

good luck claire!

These nanos shouldnt be anywhere near as rare as they are.
    A dedicated player should be able to farm one up withen a day or two and not the currant rate of 2 nanos that have been obtained by the whole AO community.

To the top with you!

Even us low-level adventurers from Rubi-ka 2 are watching to see what happens here. Who knows, someday there might be some incredibly, stupidly rare adventurer thing for me to lose due to a trade bug.

JS
    Jonathon@aquetatis.com
    Lieutenant Antoine "Yorimitsu" Stritzke
    Division 3: Omni Reclamation
    Special Forces lead the way!
    OMNIpotent, OMNIscient, OMNIpresent

What has happened?

Hi all !!

When I read this post I come to think of what has happened in the past. I remember my first encounter with a GM, it was someone called JATHOS. A very cool dude that took all the time in the world listening to me and really tried to help me. This was about two weeks after game launch. I remember that I crashed and when I got back in a few minutes later he was still there. My reason for calling him was that I had lost experience points in a server crash a few days earlier. I was unsure if I´d get any help (I had heard that other GMs didnt care about such things in other online games) but I gave it a shot. After listening to me and what I said he gave me my 40.000 experience points back. Damn, that was one of my happiest moments in my AO history (yes, I am one of the old beta testers).

That made me feel that I had found my place in this world. Eventhough I spent lots and lots of hours crashing, trying to get out of cities. I lost items, more experience and IPs. The only reason that I did not petition everytime I lost something was that I didnt want to take the time of the GMs while they helped someone else much more in need.

A few more monts passed. I had several good GM encounters, I felt happy everytime I talked to them. Then something happened.

I suddenly noticed a change in the GM/ARKs attitudes. It was like everytime I asked a GM or a ARK something they did not believe me. I remember loosing my yalmaha due to a proven FC bug. I had my inventory full and my Yalmaha active, then I zoned. My Yalmaha went kapooof, gone, missing......

I had spent so much time trying to get one, I had gotten financial help from my guild (Dark Carnival, at that time) that it really ment alot to me. But when I spoke to the GM (I dont want to say his name) he actually thought that I had deleted it and it was my own fault. He basicly told me it was my own fault for using it in the first place.

I want the helpful GMs back, with the power to do things. Nowdays they only refer to the "customer support" rules and regulations. "We can´t do this and we can´t do that" because some other dude with tons of other things to do hasnt the time.

I in RL a computer system engineer that is currently studying to be a technology teacher. If there is one thing that I have learned, it is to never ignore anyone if there is something special that has happened. How small the incident might be. Because if I ignore that single individiual that special time he/she might loose faith in me. That is exactly what has happened here. Funcom I urge you NOT to ignore Claire. Many of us is following this incident, and by not giving her her nano back you say to us that you have grewn into a company that does not care about your customers. Because you will not take the time to listen to us and you do not think that every individual is importent. Yes, I am very harsh here but sometimes that is the only way to make people listen.

I know that you can´t hunt down every single item people loose, but you really should take your time to look into this special cause.

I really hope that you (if it is true) get your things togheter and get JDAUG back. He is one of the best GMs this game has ever had, and he has been there from the start wich many new GMs and ARKs has not. That is a valuable experience.

Thankyou for your time if you have read my thoughts in this post. It is how I think that things have changed.
    Take care all

/Winterfrozt
    Lvl 138 NT
    Dragonsphere
    Lvl 102 MA
    Lifekitty
    Lvl 82 Doc
    Steeley
    Lvl 64 Crat
    Xoraxia
    Lvl 23 NT

"It is a game, but who is to say who she traded with, since she cant seem to remember.

If she cant remember if she traded with her friend or the pet, then how is that buggy code? YOU mean something as important as 200 mil nano, you dont remember if it said "Trading with "

rofl^ first of all you shouldnt be able to trade with a pet secondl;y they shouldnt accept unless it is the item they specifically need. SO IT IS SHOTTY CODE. Whoever tells you that auto-accepting anything is not shotty code. I offer you a chance to put a irc bot on your computer and come idle on an irc server with auot-accept running on your bot. When you can't start your pc up until you /format c . than you might agree auto-accepting on bots(npcs) is not good. k thx

my haypenny

if the other player saw trade window then they obviously didnt trade it to the pet.

If other person cant remember a trade window opening then something maybe fishy.

Simple enough to me, then again Im smart.

It was probalyu sold to you as duped.

FC is an amateur and unreliable company, my accout is cancelled too and chances of me reactivating it before it expires are near 0%.

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    if the other player saw trade window then they obviously didnt trade it to the pet.

If other person cant remember a trade window opening then something maybe fishy.

Simple enough to me, then again Im smart.
    Yup, that pretty much ends the pet trading debate...LOL.

I feel for you. This is by far the worst online gaming story I have heard. If this kind of customer treatment continues a class action lawsuit may be our only recourse.

Yes, Funcom, your program and customer support have become that bad.
    Last edited by Mac; Mar 11th, 2002 at 13:49:48.

I was shocked and horrified when I heard about this. Claire, you're one of the nicest and most decent people I have met in this game. I sincerely hope that this situation gets resolved. I'd hate to see you leave the game because of this most unfortunate incident. Funcom... do the right thing. Please

Destria - 193 Doc

I heard about this from a friend on game and just checked up here

IM UTTERLY DISGUSTED THAT GMS AND ARKS ARE TREATING THERE CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS!!!

simply DONT FORGET WHO PAYS YOUR WAGES!!!!

im really upset for claire shes a good friend and its horrible to see a bunch of digruntled IDIOTS treating people like this

why the hell does it open trade with a pet anyway?
    oh you messed it up am i right?
    you couldve simply blocked it out in the emergency patch it isnt that HARD

IM SUPRISED YOU STILL HAVE THE GUTS TO TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS, EXCUSE ME BUT DO YOU WANT YOUR COMPANY TO GO TO BANKRUPT LAND?

YOU EITHER DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SORT THOSE GMS WHO DID THIS OUT AND GIVE AN APPOLOGY TO THE PLAYER THEYVE TREATED LIKE THIS AND REIMBURSE OR YOU CAN GO TO HELL!

WE DONT WANT EXCUSES WE WANT RESULTS!

If you want to ban me from the game for posting this go ahead itll just prove me right!
    Tradeskill Shop

Offering all tradeskill services, armour making weapon upgrading, mantis eggs, custom towers and anything else.

Lilbob, Nobel Prize Engineer

why the hell does it open trade with a pet anyway?
    oh you messed it up am i right?
    you couldve simply blocked it out in the emergency patch it isnt that HARD

Trading with NPCs was enabled so that people could complete static missions where the NPC requests an item.
    Pets are treated as NPCs.

PS: Posting a well thought out reply is a lot more effective than an ALL CAPS rant.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast