Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

Exclamation

First of all, I'm sorry you got into such a situation, Claire. Losing items, especially something as valuable as a Nullity Sphere Mk 2 nano, is a major pain.

Have you contacted Support about this? That is the proper channel for bringing up issues like this, and though I understand your frustration extremely well, the bulletin board really isn't the best forum for it.

I'll look into this matter when I get to work tomorrow, and see whether I can help you out, or at least get a better reply on why it is not possible.

Until then, try keep it calm people. I do understand your reactions, and from a gamer's viewpoint I understand your dissatisfaction with our policies, but I promise you I will look into it.

Right now, in between laundry and dinner, there's not much else I can do.

Take care. Talk to you tomorrow.

Cz

Jdaug was FIRED?

I haven't seen him around, now that you mention it.

Unbelievable, if this is true, he was great. Actually got stuff done.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Oh, I hope we didn't lose Jdaug.

He was the one GM I encountered that actualy seemed willing to help the player base. Well, that's probably why he would have gotten fired, it just doesn't fit with Funcom's policies.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

It is my understanding that Jdaug resigned. He still chats from time to time in the mIRC channel.

--
    Zephora
    AOR
    AORealms

Angry

he told me himself we got fired for reimbursing XP lost due to crash, the person petitioning had 4 friends to confirm it and screenshots..still FC didn't like he HELPING us players, i'll miss Jdaug (BTW if you pop by #anarchyonline on irc.funcom.com he joins that chan from time to time)

Does anyone know where the disc came from? I know a person sold it, but where did they get it?

Maybe we can all pitch in and help Claire find another.

Originally posted by LostLogic
    Does anyone know where the disc came from? I know a person sold it, but where did they get it?
    Maybe we can all pitch in and help Claire find another.
    Try the OP North of 20k, or, the OP that is east, there is a camp just to the North of it. Just a hunch, like, when you see people L150+ killing grey mobs by the score.................
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

So sorry for your loss.

I can tell you that something like that as apent to me once, but was with a ql 50 Battle suit, not a super rare nano.

I was gonna recive the suit and it hapends as follow:
    (on my screen)
    1. Trade open
    2. Trade canceled
    - end-

(on m8 screen)
    1. Trade open
    2. suit on trade
    3. hit accept
    4. trade accepted
    - end-

There was NO PET around and we were ALONE.

I petition this but ARK could not do a think. "Only thing you can do is mail the bug to bugs@anarchy......" said the ARK

They SHOULD get your Disk/Cristal back to you cause, if they gave ppl their yalms back due to a bug, they MUST give your disk back! If they dont, buy a shotgun and a plain ticket to Oslo and show them how gr8 the crits are
    Our problems start when we don't die young

Ront - RK2 Enforcer wielding EoT

Taus Fixer on RK2 - 12.7 Fixer (on perma - vacation)

:(

Blah. Sorry to hear it. Sux's my slayer has taken more mission keys becuase of his size and the tiny room then i care to mention. I normally just warp people in the mission when i run missions or the key holder gives me a key i run to mission with them and warp team. Saves time. Alot of people complain that they give items to my bots even had a guy botch my mission by handing my pet the mission completion item instead of me
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

Originally posted by Vylgade
    How wacked out is this.

A gaming company that can't gurantee their own software to work correctly. It's not our fault the software is screwed, it is yours and we won't do anything about it now.

The one chance for an NT to get one of the higher level nanos in the game, which have been missing for some time now, and a game bug ruins it. REIMBURSE HER NANO! It isn't going to kill you for crying out loud. I don't think one citizen of Rubi Ka is going to complain about it.

This is discouraging to say the least.

Vylgade
    71 NT
    Heh, how wacked out is this.

A character who has the experience and resources to wrangle up 200 million credits is not careful enough in a trade to avoid giving 200 million credits worth of products to a pet. How is that Funcom's fault again? I'm just curious.

sorry to hear of your woes Claire

Just the other day I spent 3 hours outfitting a character with all new implants, a full suit of 100+ graft, ql 100 coat, etc. I was disconnected right as I finished. When I logged in, the armor, implants, coat, was gone. I had duplicate stuff of a few other items, obviously none of them any good, so I definately didnt make out. Lost only around 1 mil in stuff, but I was really bummed.

Point is I cant fathom how bummed you would be.

Still, something as important as 200 mil nano that your whole happiness in AO hinges upon, I would think you would be more careful. If you did trade it to the bot.... I dont think funcom has to do anything. These things happen. You either shrug it off, or be more careful.

If it was a game bug, well, that happens too. Lost over 5 million on a transaction as right after we made the deal, the zone crashed. Guy I traded with said he didnt have the money, yet I certainly didnt.

In cases like that, I am not sure if I think Funcom should be responsible. It sounds like UO doesnt do it, and it took EQ 2 years to, for reinbursement of lost items. I can only imagine all the /petitions they get, and how nasty people can be when they send the petitions. Stating company policy, thats what these volunteers have to do. When an ARK says his own speel, look at the reactions people give. The ark obviously wasnt correct in stating that Trade is buggy, too bad.

Thats not something he should, or could make a statements towards. He is not a developer or high level official. Hes just a person.

In the end, I think people should cut Funcom more slack. Its a game. Everything is replacable.

If you really dont want to play, then end your account, and move on... if you do want to play, you have to take the good with the bad and make the most out of it.

I think Cz is right on with his approach.

Sorry again Claire.

Everyone else that can only swear, hurl insults, say junk like "Down with Funcom" needs to grow up and chill out.

Just my 2 credits.

*bumpbump*

omg, PLEASE do not blame Claire in this,
    she only thought it could be a possiblity that she traded to the pet. but wasn't sure.
    I have done 100's of trades, and have had things Disappear during a perfectly normal trade
    it DOES happen.

the real complaint here isn't if she traded to the bot. the real complaint is the lack of custemer service. and buggy code!
    they could have taken a few minutes to check out the situation, but they didn't.
    if it wasn't for her post to this forum, and her friends rallying behind her this situation would have been dropped

now, in funcoms defense. i HAVE actually gotten decent service. in fact just today i had a buggy emergency treatment pack. it simply didn't work.. normally i would have just forgotten about it, but i decided to petition. a GM popped in. messed with it. and then gave me a fresh pack, problem solved,.
    my biggest complaint has been with the shortsighted code changes and spefically range nerfs.
    But with claire, this is an extremee lack of ... it's just WRONG.
    it's one of the rarest nano's in the game, the Holy grail of nano's to NT's. and it would be SO easy for them to verfiy it's existance. and it would be soo easy for them to just, litterally grab one of their secret island and give it to her. and NO one would complain. because everyone who payed any sort of attention knows she legity had it, and LOST it do to a funcom bug.
    and frankly being able to trade to PETS i considor that BUG. as well, specialyif youcan't loot em.. it shouldn't DISAPPEAR like that.
    anyone who dare says funcom is not responsible, well you're just Wrong, they ARE, they have the resources to fix this, and something of this magnituded deserves special attention..

sure. yah, it's just a game, well. since it's just a game, they shouldn't worry about fixing it either. the world wont' end if they fix it. or even if they don't.
    ------------------------------------------
    "I do Not believe in these spooky actions at a distance"
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by griemdaall

Heh, how wacked out is this.

A character who has the experience and resources to wrangle up 200 million credits is not careful enough in a trade to avoid giving 200 million credits worth of products to a pet. How is that Funcom's fault again? I'm just curious.
    Umm... She specifically stated she "r-clicked on the character." Where does it say she r-clicked on the pet? Nowhere...

Please read the first post again. The above statement is irrelevant because it is incorrect. She suggested that might have occurred, but then anything might have occurred... It sounds like you are saying this to kid yourself into believing it couldn't happen to you. You're wrong; it could, even if you do not make any "mistakes" and do everything perfectly in the game, every time.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this Cz - as you can see, a lot of us feel this is an extremely important matter.
    Last edited by Bronto_Cowboy; Mar 8th, 2002 at 23:06:35.

well

It is a game, but who is to say who she traded with, since she cant seem to remember.

If she cant remember if she traded with her friend or the pet, then how is that buggy code? YOU mean something as important as 200 mil nano, you dont remember if it said "Trading with Claire"??????????

I have had wierd things happen, but honestly, its mostly been because of lag (either internet, server, who knows) not because of code. When people where traded no drops, it wasnt because of bad code (least from my understanding) it was because of lag. Same thing can cause items to vanish.

Now I am not saying that it doesnt happen because of a software glitch, but I dont think that Funcom has to monitor and replace every possible lost item. Yes, this happens to be one of the rarest, but if they replace this, where does it end?

And I dont think trading with pets as a bug. You can also trade with mobs, and npcs. Its built in to the system for a reason.

And just so you know bronto, pets are huge. If you are in first person, you might not see the pet in front of you, yet when you right click on your screen, even if it looks like you are clicking on someone else, your really clicking on the pet because they have such a large area.

Thats why so many people have befallen the problem of losing items to their pets.

Again, if she really didnt trade it to her pet, my apologies. But she should have been more careful.

Wait a bloody second, Jdaug was laid off????!??!?!

The only GM (i.e. custumer support staff) that actually... uhh... provided some *SUPPORT* other that "send an email to bugs@anarchy-online.com" or somesuch was laid off??!??!???!?

My goodness, what is Funcom doing.....
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Aww man that's not fun at all. Reimburse her and hire Jdaug again. FC has made some really, really bad mistakes again.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

I target Tindra and right click her, trade opens put the goodies in
    and hit accept. She doesnt get it, we both zone, its gone.

We try to analyze what happend, a possibility could be that even
    tho i clicked Tindra for the trade I in fact traded with her pet.
    Read these VERY carefully, people. She did make sure that she was trading with Tindra. But, after the trade failed, they were just grasping at straws for an explanation.

Funcom should handle this as a special case. I have no doubt that they log everything that happens in the game. If Claire indeed traded with a pet, they should be able to see that in the log and deny her the reimbursement. But if the trade was b0rked, reimbursement is well deserved.

Btw, this situation happens quite a lot in normal trading. It happens most frequently when you trade items directly from a backpack to the trade window. And it is most prone to happening after multiple trades.

Once a failed trade like this happens. The most important thing is that you DO NOT ZONE. Zoning guarantees that the items traded WILL dissappear from both inventories. What you should do is to have both parties CAMP immediately. When they come back, they will find that the trade went through successfully. And the item is in the other person's inventory.
    Keonin/Dreamboat - Fixers of Omni-Tek (RK2)
    Vekan/Kylek - Engie and Enf of Omni-Tek (RK2)
    Bartle quotient: Explorer 86%, Socializer 60%, Achiever 33% , Killer 20%

Hope Cz would give this GM and ark a lesson in costumer support. This is completly unacceptable. I know how NTs feel about the Nullity Spear. Ive used hours and hours helping them try finding it. If it happend to me I would probabbly cancel my account too. Items with such an importance Arks/GMs just have to do an extra effort. We are not asking to refond lost ammo or anything.

It seems very strange to me why you can trade with any NPC in the game. Im pretty sure that if you put your minds to it, you could do so it only worked on Quest NPCs. Pets are all over the place and it's obvious that you will open a trade with a trade with a NPC sooner or later with accident and not notice it was the wrong person (If this indeed is what happend, we dont know. Could also just have been lost in trade. Seen lots of times before.)

I hope FC will do the fair thing.
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper
    Ancarim Iron Legion - RK1

Yah JDaug was the only good one
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Thumbs down Funcom WILL get it once they have no customers...

Hi,

I too have experienced this problem. And I too have made that decision.. I have already cancelled my four other accounts for AO for my kids and will cancel this one as soon as another game I am waiting for comes online.

I had intended on keeping AO going because I like the game and the premise. But I have been screwed too much and have read too many posts about people being screwed over. But most importantly I am tired of being treated like this by Funcom. They obviously do not want my money so I am more than happy to give it to another company that at leasts helps their customers.

Funcom will figure all this out soon I am afraid. Other games are coming up for release and I am willing to bet there will be a MASS exodus. Very soon Funcom is going to look up and say "Where'd all our players go and why?" Well they will be able to finally read all these posts and hopefully the lightbulb will go on.

Your players are gone because of YOU and your treatment of your paying customers.

I know one thing.. I will NEVER EVER subscribe to ANY other game or product released by Funcom.

Malakie

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast