Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

And to continue on the issue of whether or not to believe Funcom, if someone has a history of lieing to you, and they tell you something, do you believe them? If so, you must be pretty darned gullible. In which case, I have a bridge I want to sell you...

As for the issue of whether or not Tindra saw a tradewindow pop up, unless Tindra says something about it, we won't know. I have no reason to trust Funcom, but I have no reason NOT to trust Tindra.

Funcom has in the past and will continue to lie to the public if it makes them look better. This has been shown to be consistant

Show me multiple instances where Funcom has told blatant lies to the AO community.
    Consistency requires more than 1 or 2 instances.

I provided the hockey analogy because of your lack of aparent belief that everyone should play the game like you do

Then you had better go back and read your analogy.

Can you see the irony?

I claim you are a Funcom employee because Occam's (sp?) razor seems to say to me and everyone else that no other person has any reason to defend Funcom so vehemently as you do, especially after having been lied to so much

I have know idea how you can apply Occham's Razor to my statements.

Frankly, you seem a little obsessed with applying obscure principles and grade school psychoanalyses to me.

Keep it up, I find you genuinely amusing.
    Last edited by Miir; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 21:48:27.

Originally posted by Miir
    Funcom has in the past and will continue to lie to the public if it makes them look better. This has been shown to be consistant

Show me multiple instances where Funcom has told blatant lies to the AO community.
    Consistency requires more than 1 or 2 instances.
    Funcom stated that LLTS was still in the game. Then they said they were aparently removed but this isn't intended. Then they admitted "oh yeah, it was intended because we are changing them." That's two lies right there, and finally the truth because there was no way to hide the previous lies.

Funcom claimed that a raid array went down and that was why the servers were down for so long. They went back up and aparently there had been an exploit fix in a server patch. They however didn't mention this, it was merely discovered by people attempting the exploit when the servers went up. What is so hard about saying they took the servers down to fix a very disruptive exploit?

In almost every patch there are fundamental changes which are left out of the patch notes. Every time, Funcom's excuse is the same "the patch notes guy screwed up." How many times has Funcom (Cz or Cosmik; YES they are reps of Funcom and thus speak for the company) claimed "we won't do any more silent nerfs"?

Unique tags were conveniently "not mentioned" until one patch AFTER they were implemented.

Battlesuits were officially changed in price to make them "more affordable." How can an item be affordable if it isnt available in stores? Availablility precludes affordability. If an item is affordable it is by definition available for purchase. Since the price players sell them for is totally unaffected by the change, "more affordable" is a total lie.

Time and again, Funcom claims one thing then does another. Time and again, they make changes without informing the playerbase.

I provided the hockey analogy because of your lack of aparent belief that everyone should play the game like you do

Then you had better go back and read your analogy.

Can you see the irony?
    [/B]
    What problem do you have with the analogy? If you didn't understand it, I appologize. I will put it simply:

Some people take this hobby more seriously. Some people have more time and/or money invested. This means that when they lose something in AO, it means a lot more to them than it would to you. As such, simply shrugging off anything that happens may not be a prudent action to all people.

I claim you are a Funcom employee because Occam's (sp?) razor seems to say to me and everyone else that no other person has any reason to defend Funcom so vehemently as you do, especially after having been lied to so much

I have know idea how you can apply Occham's Razor to my statements.

Frankly, you seem a little obsessed with applying obscure principles and grade school psychoanalyses to me.

Keep it up, I find you genuinely amusing.
    Occham's Razor says that all things being equal, the simplest explanation is frequently the right one.

You defend Funcom constantly. You have no aparent reason to do so because a normal player gains nothing from this. Simple reason states that people don't argue for something unless something of theirs is at stake. This must mean you are a stakeholder in the company; aka employee.

Funcom stated that LLTS was still in the game. Then they said they were aparently removed but this isn't intended. Then they admitted "oh yeah, it was intended because we are changing them."

OK, it's a stretch, but I'll give you that one.

Funcom claimed that a raid array went down and that was why the servers were down for so long. They went back up and aparently there had been an exploit fix in a server patch. They however didn't mention this, it was merely discovered by people attempting the exploit when the servers went up.

Where is the lie?

In almost every patch there are fundamental changes which are left out of the patch notes.

MMOGs are notorious for not listing EVERYTHING that gets changed in patches. This is partially due to lack of communication between the dev team and the guy who writes the patch notes and partially due to 'unintended' changes.

It has nothing to do with intentionally trying to decieve the players.

Unique tags were conveniently "not mentioned" until one patch AFTER they were implemented

Once again, this was a case of 'communication breakdown'.

Battlesuits were officially changed in price to make them "more affordable." How can an item be affordable if it isnt available in stores? Availablility precludes affordability. If an item is affordable it is by definition available for purchase. Since the price players sell them for is totally unaffected by the change, "more affordable" is a total lie.

To counter that arguement, Battlesuits were never avialable to buy from players because the vendor value exceeded what any sane player would pay for one.

Besides that point, Funcom was actually being TRUTHFUL when they said that the price of Battlesuits were going to drop in price.

You defend Funcom constantly. You have no aparent reason to do so because a normal player gains nothing from this

I'm like any normal player in that Funcom provides a fun game that costs me pocket change to play.

Simple reason states that people don't argue for something unless something of theirs is at stake. This must mean you are a stakeholder in the company; aka employee.

Man, that's a stretch.

Using your twisted psycho logic, should I use the same theory and accuse you of being a Verant, Mythic or Turbine employee?

Wink Blah Blah Blah

Its like a first season episode of moonlighting in here. Just do it and get it over with so this series will die. I mean the flamers will always be on every forum of every game trying to be suto-intellectual with their grand knowledge of dead saints and the defenders will always be there to give corporate america more credit than its worth. GET OVER IT. It is a game. Actually dont stop. I find these forums to be vastly entertaining. (and Im lucky apparently, I only pay 12.95 a month, the way most people are acting they must be paying substantually more.) Anyway as I have always said in all my post. FLAME AWAY! Take out all your frustrations on me. I wont fight back I promise. (Pip Im sorry if you think thats going to keep me from getting ahead in life or sainthood, I think Im doing ok though,{Im not gonna bother telling you what I do because you wouldnt want to believe me anyway}) Anyway you can all go away feeling bigger because you got the best of me. OOOUUUCH! in advance.
    Last edited by xbabystompx; Jul 24th, 2002 at 02:36:34.

Only thing you got away with, sir, is making my eyes hurt.
    ~Chris

PS:[to xbabystompx] Thanks for changing the font (before it was blood-red and hard to read)
    Last edited by Megabio; Jul 24th, 2002 at 07:57:04.

wow

That was alot to read...

After reading this one and some more about this kind of matters, the only thing that comes to my mind is "Miir : shut the **** up"

Are you paid by FC to spread your bull**** on all the forums?

/me is glad they installed the ignore command

Exclamation Old issue. Closing the thread.

The original case is closed. If you want to yell at me and call me - or other Funcom people - liars, or bring up some other issue, send me an e-mail.

While I appreciate the defense from other players, I am fairly capable of defending myself. So, those who have something to throw at me, throw it at me, and that includes closing this thread. (Exchange 'me' with 'us' when concerning Funcom in general. E-mail address is still the same.)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920