Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

I still do not understand why they made it possible to trade with all NPCs/Pets in the first place. I knew the second I saw it on Test Center what horrible things will happen, for example trying to figure out if a NPC wants a unique item and gives something back and the item is gone, or what happened now several times with pet trading ;(

What on earth was wrong with right clicking on NPCs with the return item ? Why did you change it to trade ? Care to explain ?
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

that is just ****, I think when funcom make items SO rare in order to make them 'special' then they should give the items a little respect. Make an effort to monitor the transactions of those items so that they are not made even more rare, the drop on the items is stupid enough as it is... I mean, just look at the price that was paid for it!

it doesnt matter how long it would take to check the database, just do the check. if you are not there to help out in game and with game issues, what are you there for? to stop people duel wielding pillows?

make an effort in game to protect items that have been made rare, in game. or state publicly why you wont or cant please

I was there, I saw it happen. I saw the poor customer-support from the GM. It was practically a joke... Sad way to treat paying customers. AO lost one of its best people due to this...

I hope Funcom gets a wake up call some day and finds out you can not treat paying customers like this. Well, you obviously can't as Claire cancelled her account after this.
    ~Lone

hmmmm

I can understand the ARK/GM stating the usual policy line, but what I cant understand is why the h**l he/she didnt contact someone higher up on an issue involving this nano and such a huge amount of credits.

Funcom....you hade better do something here....the loss is too well documented and the characters involved beyond reproach (even if slightly careless)... Why is it even possible to trade with pets?????

Cosmik, Cz... this definately merits both a follow up, reimbursement, and an apology for poor customer treatment!!!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Angry .....

That is just so ****ed, i can't believe funcome would not reimburst that.

Clair : Hey i found an elixer of ending all poverty and death
    Funcom: Let me hold it!
    (Clair gives it to funcom)
    Funcom : Whoops deropped it, cya later man, we still on for poker saturday?
    Clair : What the fu------
    Funcom: Ok cool bye!

__ __ ___
    | | | |\ | / \ / \ /\ /\
    |_ | | | \ | | | | / \/ \ SUCKS!!!!!
    | | | | \ | | | | / \
    | \__/ | \| \__/ \___/ / \

They will only pull out logs in thier owns defence.
    Not for other people.
    = Suck

Time fo us to do our own personal damage.

Bump, let's see an offical response, please.

Exclamation

OMG, this gotta suck out of this world! We should get an offical statment on this as soon as possible. man

I think is all a sack of bull**** , when in UO they logged everything , .
    So how come in AO they cant even check ur log file to see what happend when some idiot called jack **** go mas....ate under a tree or something ?

And it happend to me to , i lost a pice of graft armour cause everybody seemed to crash then , was like 2 -3 days ago , and gm or prob gm trooper , a ark said nothing can be done...

Why do they have these ark volunter ?? Do there own dirty work , instead they send some poor innocent ark , that has this directives they cant do anything !!! Why let them be there then.

Seems only a choose few have the posibility to get reimburced , get the names changed , change server , and prob alot more we dont know yet.

Very fair game... Ok i worked my ass of for 1 month to save to a yalmaha , ops it crashed your yalmaha is gone... Sorry for you.
    If they cant see if you lost an item , fix it then make a program to track your last trades or something , how hard can it be ??? Its a pice of code ... graft armour uniqe id nr 21232133 is currently being own by user BillyBob , then graft armour is currently gone in the mid pixel air... billybob wants his graft armour back ! How damn hard can it be ???

Originally posted by Kryonic
    I think is all a sack of bull**** , when in UO they logged everything , .
    There never was anything logged, nor replaced in UO, the only thing they did was checking for existing duped/illegal items in the game world.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

ADJAKDSJFADKFASFA!

reimburse her god da*&IT
    this is a VERY bad thing not to look after if there is no response on this subject, im leaving
    214 MA - 3305|Kilotone | Kilotone

Pajama Party

Post Will FUCom Learn?

FUCom will learn the "value" of Customer Service when they go "out of business" .... This is just a step along the way and they are still oblivious!!!!!!!!

Question NOT a flame, but...

how do you not notice that you're trading such an item to a pet? just look at the trade window. if that IS what happened, I don't think that you should be reimbursed by FC. again, I'm not trying to flame you and i'm not unsympathetic, but there has to be SOME measure of player responsibility people. again, my comments only apply to this if it was indeed traded to a pet. if it was some other problem, then i feel for you.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

??

First off, bump.

Second off, if you traded to a pet, you really should still be reimbursed since the damned pet could hand it back in an ideal world, right?

Even when I trade like 50k credits, I'm staring at the window to make sure I give it to the right person and what not...

But on the other hand, why in the hell can you trade with a pet??

eep

I feel badly that you lost the items.

but

But you can't even say for sure if you traded it to the right person or pet.

Maybe you opened a trade window with someone that was walking by?

It was over 2 years before Verant instituted a reimbursement poilicy. They might have lost a few customers due to it but with a system that's susceptible to fraudulent claims, they really had no choice. I lost every quest item for my Paladin's Fiery Defender (including Fiery Avenger) due to a lag/linkdead trade.
    I was pissed, I was upset and I almost quite but then I realised it was just a game and there was no point getting upset about it.

But on the other hand, why in the hell can you trade with a pet??

It was added to enable the passing of items to NPCs for the completion of static quests/missions.
    Pets are treated as NPCs by the game.

There's NO excuse for this Funcom! It was YOUR buggy code that made it go *poof*

Give her a Nullity II for crying out load - to you it's just a piece of code. To her it's what she worked for for many months! Don't lean on us, the players, as an excuse not to reimburse her. We're behind her 100% and watching you carefully to see if you really give a damn about us.

Don't you realize how traumatic something like this can be? That GM should be sacked for such disgusting "non service" to your customers.

So, how about it? FIX THIS INEXCUSABLE NONSENSE. Be quick about it!
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Don't let this go, people. I don't even know Claire but this is just not right.

This is like losing a fleet of 40 Yalmaha's! Funcom CAN verify she had it from logs and CAN reimburse her for the loss; a loss due to THEIR code problem - they just haven't chosen to speak up about this sorry excuse for a GM's intolerable actions.

Funcom - We deserve a response.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

I bet the GM's are afraid to return lost items cuz of what happened to Jdaug(one of the few good GM's around), he returned lost XP due to a player crashed and what did he get for it? he got FIRED!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast