Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

Wow, it's amazing how **cking STUPID some people can be who post here.

Claire did not trade with a pet. Period. How do we know? Because the other person saw a trade window pop up and clicked accept. If they saw a trade window pop up that means that Claire was trading with them, and NOT the pet. I repeat NOT THE PET.

I can see exactly why Claire said something about the pet. She (he, I have no clue about gender in this situation) was in shock. Let's imagine for a moment you were buying something expensive online like a TV. Let's say you had saved a lot of money up in order to pay for this TV. You go to pay buy sending money directly from your bank account (like Paypal or something). You type the info in, and click accept. Suddenly instead of a "your order is processed" you get a screen saying "error 404: file not found" or something like it. You then check your bank account and see the money is taken. You are already feeling a little shaken. A little worried. You look at the website where you purchased the TV to see if there order was placed .... but it says nothing had ever happened. You call them up to complain and they say "oh, our website is buggy, it's your fault for using it" and then they hang up. You have just lost hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars. Your heart races. You lose feeling in your limbs. If you are over the age of 40 and out of shape, maybe you have a heart attack. You start clutching at straws trying to find out how this could happen. "How can I get my money back?" "OMG my money can't just be gone." "Maybe if I find the cause I can help the people who run the website to reverse the process...."

And so, Claire tried thinking of any concievable way for this to happen. One happened to be trading with a pet. However as we have seen , that was not possible because the other person saw a trade window open up.

I ask of you people. Stop flaming Claire because of YOUR ignorance, or I swear to god I'll smack the sh** out of you. All you people who ignorantly say "she traded with a pet, her fault" are worse than people who think victims of con-men, burglery, and theft are at fault for not better protecting themselves. People like you make me ashamed to be a human being. You're uncaring pieces of dogfilth.

/sigh

/me calms down a little

NOW. As for possibilities of what might have happened. I know of one way in which items can be deleted while trading. However, it only seems to delete the items like 70% of the time. It is very very highly dependant on lag and I believe it is the result of a "fix" for an old exploit that allowed duping of items. It goes as follows:

1) Person A opens trade window with person B
    2) Person A clicks accept
    3) due to lag person B sees the item appear 3 seconds later
    4) person B clicks accept
    5) the command person B sent is currently in transit, taking 3 seconds until it will hit the server
    6) person A during this time thinks that a bug has caused something to go wrong with the trade window and hits cancel
    7) the cancel command and the accept command arrives at the server
    8) though one arrives before the other, the data each client sent conflict (one accept, one decline). As a result, instead of BOTH being executed (which used to happen, resulting in each person having a copy) the item is instead simply deleted.

And if any of you POS's tries to say something like "Oh, well Claire should have been patient and not clicked decline," so help me God I will hunt you down like the dog you are and beat you so hard your grandkids will feel it.

Thumbs up w00t

Originally posted by PipSlag (aka PipBoy)
    And if any of you POS's tries to say something like "Oh, well Claire should have been patient and not clicked decline," so help me God I will hunt you down like the dog you are and beat you so hard your grandkids will feel it.
    im there with ya.

you posted pretty much exactly what i wanted to say

in the first original post they said...
    it did occur to them that they MIGHT of traded with the pet.
    not only is this proven false by pipboy (long live fallout1-2,tactics) because we know both of them saw trade windows but you have to understand that it was a panic stricken thing...

when something bad happens to me.... In Or Out of a virtual world... and im distraught enough about it .. my mind could race to nearly anything as a possibility...

anyway sorry pip if it feels like im steping on your shoes just wanted you to know im backin you up.

anyway i do think its sick that AO doesnt simply go..
    oh you already spent the 200 mil on this and something went FUBAR?
    well here you go. poof... theres the item back for you.

it was a Nearly a sacred event that was happening with this item... and its sick that AO(the software, the staff. all of them) did something to mess it up.

Sick is a bad thing... understandable but still not good.
    Unwilling to do ANYTHING about it...

now thats just absolutly Pathetic...

I wana make AO staff cry and beg for their mommies.
    Lochlann

Originally posted by Arinia

All the same, whenever I transfer anything, whether it be some armor or 10 mil credits, I do it near an insurance term and have both me and the person I am trading with scan before and after --

My condolences.
    I also have me and the person both do 10 /backflip 's, 5 /pray's, and /shout various good luck phrases before we select each other. Then after we have the trade window open, we each make the trade while doing a /ymca.

That process hasn't gotten anything lost on me yet. Trading the normal way is just too risky

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    Ok, here is what I know...

1. Claire traded the two components to a pet.
    Yes, we do understand that trading with pets is currently an unnecessary feature, and will as far as I know disable it. Trading with NPCs will still be a needed feature, and thus people can still lose items by giving them to NPCs by mistake.

In situations like this, where a player trades items to a pet or NPC, we have to choose between being nice, and being fair. We choose to be fair. Thus making exceptions to the policy is not an option, as that would be unfair to other players.

2. The ARK and GM.
    I had the Lead GM check the issue, as it is no my business to do so myself, and he informed me that he found nothing wrong with their behavior. If anybody were present, and feel otherwise, please e-mail me your version at community@anarchy-online.com.

I'll try keep an eye on this thread between checking on the over-equipping matter, and answer as much as I can.

I just want you to know... this makes me utterly SICK. I wish I could barf on your shoes.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

This is an oooooooooooooooooold discussion.

Bug was fixed. You can't trade with pets anymore. Claire didn't get her disc reimbursed. We bought her a new for 230mill some weeks after.

Reimbursement is still not available.

BUT

Reimbursement is atm #1 priority at Funcom. So after all - this issue and other issues DID have its effect. Hopefully we will soon have heard the last of this ****.
    ~Lone

Claire did not trade with a pet. Period. How do we know? Because the other person saw a trade window pop up and clicked accept. If they saw a trade window pop up that means that Claire was trading with them, and NOT the pet. I repeat NOT THE PET.

Logs confirmed it was traded to the pet.

Claire and the other people involved thought that (s)he probably traded ti to the pet because they killed it hoping that it would give the items back.

Go back and read the original post, Pip.
    Nowhere does she say that Tindra saw a trade window pop up.

"She (Tindra) doesnt get it"

Nice theory, but there is no evidence or facts to corroborate it.
    I think I'll take Funcom's word that the item was carelessly traded to the pet.

By the way, the ability to trade to pets has been disabled.
    Nice to know incidents like this won't happen again.

Originally posted by Miir
    [B]Logs confirmed it was traded to the pet.

I think I'll take Funcom's word that the item was carelessly traded to the pet.

I think YOU are a bit more naive than you'd like to think. All things aside, the fact is, they can and HAVE lied to us many many times before. There is nothing in their agreement that says they have to tell the truth about what is or is not in their logs.

The fact that Claire thought she may have traded to a pet opened her up to Funcom being able to claim that they found it in a log that she had. This is complete bullsh**. It sucks that they can and do flat out lie to us like this but it's the way things work.

You believe Funcom's word Miir? Even after they removed LLTS without telling us then claimed that it wasn't intended? Only later to then reveal "Oh yeah, we meant to do that all along." Or how about when they lied about transfering someone from one dimension to another? Or how about when the servers went down on RK1 because "a raid array went down" only to go back up to find that they had patched it to fix an exploit? Let's not forget all the silent nerfs that have happened in every single patch that's gone out there that they CLAIM they simply and conveniently "forgot" to mention. Oh yeah, Funcom is real super trustworthy. I'll ALWAYS trust them.

Seriously, I'd trust the unliving ghost of Dick Nixon before I trust anything that is spouted from the lie infested mouths of Funcom reps.

As a added note: Miir, I very sincerely hope that you at some point in the very near future are betrayed by Funcom in a devastating way. Maybe have them erase your account or ban your account accidentally and then tell you it is your fault. I would call that justice.
    Last edited by PipBoy; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 16:33:10.

Miir, I very sincerely hope that you at some point in the very near future are betrayed by Funcom in a devastating way.

Sorry, I don't put so much value in this game that even if my account was deleted, that I would be devestated.

I would probably be a bit upset... I would send a few emails, then wait and see what could be done to solve the problem.

That's generally how adults handle situations like that.

Miir, I very sincerely hope that you at some point in the very near future are betrayed by Funcom in a devastating way.

Sorry, I don't put so much value in this game that even if my account was deleted, that I would be devestated.

I would probably be a bit upset... I would send a few emails, then wait and see what could be done to solve the problem.

That's generally how adults handle situations like that.
    No that's how people who lay down for everyone take it. If a company decides they want to screw you over, I bet you just shrug and so "oh well." Does fine for your stress levels, but when it gets to the point where a bank turns down a loan, or a credit card company steals thousands from you, if you still have that "oh well" attitude you're going to end up living on the streets. If you don't stand up for YOUR rights, you are going to get walked on.

Another thing, just because this game is merely a trivial pastime for you once or twice a week doesn't mean it isn't a hobby or activity that others take VERY seriously. So, something that disturbs enjoyment of that activity may only mean very little to you but at the same time, someone who is more serious about this game would be made very angry by it.

I'll give you an example. Let's say we both like to play hockey. Let's say we go to the same hockey rink. You play once a week, maybe once every other week. I on the other hand play as a daily routine. Let's say that if something is damaged in your locker at the rink, the rink does not take responsibility. At some point something happens, and an entire row of lockers is destroyed by a fire or something. Your locker and my locker were both destroyed. You might not take it seriously because you only paid 20 bucks for your skates, and maybe another 20 for your hockey stick. I on the other hand paid over 100 bucks for my skates, and over 300 for my hockey stick as well as several hundred for various pads I own. I now also am unable to play hockey with my friends until I can replace these items. You on the other hand, don't have to worry because you have plenty of time to go to the store and buy new ones before you are going to play hockey again. For you, this is only a mere minor nuisance. For me it disrupts my recreation life immensely.

Same can be said of AO. Before you decide to preach from the mount, how bout you step down and realize that not everyone lilkes the same thing, does the same things, feels the same way, or has the same hobbies.

Oh yeah, and Miir, how about you just out and reveal yourself as a Funcom employee already. You aparently are. I can't imagine anyone being such a diehard fanboy after all this time and crap they've shoveled.

You seem to have a lot of pent up anger.
    Are you having a bad day?

You seem to have a lot of pent up anger.
    Are you having a bad day?

The statement you made is something St. Augustine is well known to have done. St. Augustine is known in history to have been poor at defending any of his ideas logically. As such he would resort to attacking someone's character instead of addressing the issue at hand. In truth this is somewhat of an admission of defeat on your part because it proves to me that you can't show any good reason to prove me wrong.

If you had at least provided some argument to go along with you feeble attempt at insulting me, then at least your insult would hold some sort of merit. But as it is, it is merely a personal attack backed up by nothing.

I also find it interesting that you neither deny nor admit to being a Funcom employee. This makes me even more sure you are one. As such, any and all opinions of yours regarding fault of Funcom are completely invalid as you have a biased view due to the fact you are a stakeholder in the company (yes stakeholder not stockholder).

Originally posted by PipSlag (aka PipBoy)

Oh yeah, and Miir, how about you just out and reveal yourself as a Funcom employee already. You aparently are. I can't imagine anyone being such a diehard fanboy after all this time and crap they've shoveled.
    I cant believe funcom would hire anyone as immature as miir sounds in his/her posts, not defending funcom in any way.. but they are a profitmaking company, and hiring people with the mindset that allows them to write posts like Miir does, would be devastating for the morale of the coworkers.

I think miir and pip have a little fling going eh=]
    Pip: tone it down just a little (not to much tho !)
    Mirr: =o nevermind your hopeless

Sorry for your loss Claire=[

Originally posted by Tyndel

I cant believe funcom would hire anyone as immature as miir sounds in his/her posts, not defending funcom in any way.. but they are a profitmaking company, and hiring people with the mindset that allows them to write posts like Miir does, would be devastating for the morale of the coworkers.

Miir could be the mailroom boy or something. Some kind of isolated job that doesn't involve talking to anyone.

As such he would resort to attacking someone's character instead of addressing the issue at hand

Oh the hypocricy.

As such he would resort to attacking someone's character instead of addressing the issue at hand

Oh the hypocricy.
    I addressed the issue at hand AND attacked your character. My point is, I at least addressed the point before calling you a narc.

The point was that Claire traded the items to a pet.

Then you came along with some conspiracy theory (5 months after the fact) with no proof or corroborating evidence.

I pointed out the flaws in your theory then you went off on a rant tangent....saying Funcom are a bunch of liars, that I'm a funcom employee, accusing me of attacking your character and some wacko hockey analogy.....

You, sir, are a nut bar.

Try this:

Claire did not trade with a pet.

How do you know, were you looking at both of their screens at the time of the trade?

How do we know? Because the other person saw a trade window pop up and clicked accept

Not even Tindra has come forth and stated this.
    Unless you were looking at Tindras screen at the exact time of the trade, you have no idea if a trade window popped up or not.

If they saw a trade window pop up that means that Claire was trading with them

Tindra never stated that she saw a trade window pop up.
    Claire stated that she though she may have traded it to the pet, thats why they killed it and looted it.

Tindra posts on these forums under the name Oljalyn.
    If she had seen a trade window pop up, and she hit accept, why didn't she come here and say so?

If that were the case, I would have been on the bandwagon demanding that Funcom reimburse the disc.

Since Tindra has never stated that a trade window opened when Claire was trading the items, we have to believe that trade was initiated and completed with the pet.
    Last edited by Miir; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 21:37:20.

Let me address a few points here.

1) I did not claim some elaborate conspiracy theory of any kind. Merely that Funcom has in the past and will continue to lie to the public if it makes them look better. This has been shown to be consistant.

2) I provided the hockey analogy because of your lack of aparent belief that everyone should play the game like you do. Hockey was simply another sport/hobby that people could participate in to varying degrees of intensity.

3) I claim you are a Funcom employee because Occam's (sp?) razor seems to say to me and everyone else that no other person has any reason to defend Funcom so vehemently as you do, especially after having been lied to so much.

4) Call my sanity into question all you want, you're the person who's supporting the same company that's screwing you over daily.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast