Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

anyway my two cents on the matter.

1.) Trading with pets is just retarded. What are they going to be? Your extra backpack? So in the end just kill them and grab all the stuff?

2.) "IF" somehow she did trade with her pet and the disk was given to the pet, "THEN" she should be able to kill the pet and get whatever it had in its inventory. Because this isnt like an item poofing into existence which is I am sure what happens when you get stuff off mobs. Its about an already existing item being put in a place somewhere in reality. I.e a pet's inventory. It would be like me putting stuff in the bank. SO if that is not the case now that you can get things from dead pets that you traded to them previously it should now be.

But seeing as how it's almost next to impossible that she could have mistakenly traded with her pet. I am not inclined to believe it was her fault in anyway which leads me to number 3.

3.) Funcom you already admitted it was in the logs. Just reimburse. Its not like they did anything illegal. When you get right down to it, its because of your software bugs, that made this happen. So fix it!

and besides, WTF is your post about? the thread is about funcom and how they should revamp their policiy about item reimbursement not the condition on human behavior. Stop flaming people for speaking out on the matter. f*cking commie

I'm a commie because I think people should be responsible for their own actions?

Funcom should not reimburse items lost due to player carelessness.

Here's a novel idea -

How about you make Nullity MKII not next-to-impossible to get?

Then you might not be loosing players over it?

Meh, call me crazy.

Originally posted by Rampage
    Reimburse, especially in case like that. Nmk2 isn't something the average player has stashed away in his bank.

Might as well change the policy into one which actually is costumer friendly hmm?...
    Give it back...<bump>
    I miss LadyE.

How many lines of code can it be? Just give her another.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

doesn't matter how you slice it, pets auto accepting trades is a bug by all software conventions that i know of.

FC _should_ have a means to track the movements of the items in question.

FC _should_ give her another doggone item. it would even be acceptable to charge her for it or make her do some hard quest.

bugs desctroying such rare items are dangerous things.

being told that we trade items at our own risk is an irresponsible answer to say the least.

with more and more friends dropping by the wayside every week, this really hurts morale.

Originally posted by Thyrra
    doesn't matter how you slice it, pets auto accepting trades is a bug by all software conventions that i know of.

FC _should_ have a means to track the movements of the items in question.

FC _should_ give her another doggone item. it would even be acceptable to charge her for it or make her do some hard quest.

bugs desctroying such rare items are dangerous things.

being told that we trade items at our own risk is an irresponsible answer to say the least.

with more and more friends dropping by the wayside every week, this really hurts morale.

/me nods in agreement and *bumps*
    I miss LadyE.

Pets don't auto accept trades.

You can open a trade window with a pet, mob or NPC but you have to place the items in the trade window and click accept before the items will be traded.

Originally posted by Miir

Pets don't auto accept trades.

You can open a trade window with a pet, mob or NPC but you have to place the items in the trade window and click accept before the items will be traded.
    But the pet AUTOMATICALY accepts the trade.

The pet doesn't say "WTF IS THAT??!" like an NPC in EQ would and reject the trade.
    I miss LadyE.

I have read almost every post in this thread.

I still think Funcom should give her the item.

JS
    Jonathon@aquetatis.com
    Lieutenant Antoine "Yorimitsu" Stritzke
    Division 3: Omni Reclamation
    Special Forces lead the way!
    OMNIpotent, OMNIscient, OMNIpresent

Originally posted by FileNotFound

But the pet AUTOMATICALY accepts the trade.

The pet doesn't say "WTF IS THAT??!" like an NPC in EQ would and reject the trade.
    Right click (or double click) the target pet/npc
    Select item(s) from inventory.
    Drop item(s) in trade window.
    Click the accept button.

Doesn't sound particularly automatic to me.

Right click (or double click) the target pet/npc
    Select item(s) from inventory.
    Drop item(s) in trade window.
    Click the accept button.

Doesn't sound particularly automatic to me.
    Sure it is. The pet AUTOMATICALY accepts the trade.

Like an automatic transmission. Sure the car does not move on it's own. But it does switch gears all by itself.

The pets just shoud NO accept trades. There. Simple as that.
    I miss LadyE.

I can't disagree.
    Cz did say that this feature will be removed in the future.

But the fact remains that it was the players fault that they did not check the chat window for confirmation of the trade target.

If the pet could click "decline" (or be defaulted there) then you might have a stronger point, Miir. I agree with the others - pet trading is a bug.

It's nothing but a trade window to a garbage can - without a warning that it is a garbage can. That's a bug. Especially when it first came out and was unknown.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

I can't disagree.
    Cz did say that this feature will be removed in the future.

But the fact remains that it was the players fault that they did not check the chat window for confirmation of the trade target.
    978...ooh getting closers to 1000. I'll buy you a present....maybe.

You don't expect the other party to accept if it's not the right party.

The pet auto accepts. Thats what you expect.

If the pet's name is color it is even harder to see the trade message.
    I miss LadyE.

Originally posted by Paldorr
    If the pet could click "decline" (or be defaulted there) then you might have a stronger point, Miir. I agree with the others - pet trading is a bug.

It's nothing but a trade window to a garbage can - without a warning that it is a garbage can. That's a bug. Especially when it first came out and was unknown.

Yep!

Pet trading is like item deletion without a warning!

......Stupid 60 second rule...I wanna post now! Whahaha
    I miss LadyE.

Pet trading is like item deletion without a warning!

If you choose to ignore the Trading with.... text message....
    If you blindly click the ACCEPT button without checking the trade target...

I guess you could say that 2 warnings probably isn't enough for some people.

Don't you think that when trading such a valuable item, Claire should have been a bit more careful?

What about if you drop an item on the ground and zone without looking at your chat window?

Should Funcom reimburse items that are dropped on the ground?

your arguments are fine to a point miir.

but this is like arguing that if someone gets at your data through the security holes in windows xp it is your fault because you did not take the precautions to keep it from happening.

fine to a point.

the claire situation is beyond the point where your arguments are fine.

but this is like arguing that if someone gets at your data through the security holes in windows xp it is your fault because you did not take the precautions to keep it from happening.

No, it's more like XP popping up a window...

AN UNAUTORIZED USER IS ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS YOUR PC.

DENY THIS ACCESS?

YES/NO

And the blindly clicking NO.

Why must people use completely inappropriate analogies to bone up their incredibly weak arguments?

No, it's more like XP popping up a window...

AN UNAUTORIZED USER IS ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS YOUR PC.

DENY THIS ACCESS?

YES/NO

And the blindly clicking NO.

Why must people use completely inappropriate analogies to bone up their incredibly weak arguments?

unsure. but your analogy sure would be good if a window popped up that told players they were about to trade with a pet.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast