Thread: Using a gun and a melee weapon...simultaneously.

Question Using a gun and a melee weapon...simultaneously.

I've just discovered that I can dualwield a gun (pistol) with a one-hand blunt or blade.
    And during my discovery a couple of questions came to mind;

1. Are we actually supposed to be able to do this?

Pistols and one hand melee weapons suddenly show the dual requirements for the "opposite" type of weapon. A 1hEdg blade now has a statment with "multi ranged = 0" in it's wear requirements.

2. Brawl and Dimach doesn't work in these combinations. Is this on purpose?

Fling shot, aimed shot, burst, fast attack and sneak attack does work however. You get the effects of both the melee and pistol special attacks. (I didn't find a gun with full auto for my experiment, but I presume it works too). Only the "Body" attacks doesn't take effect. They are executed (brawl & dimach show up above my character, and I get the brawl recycle), but they have no effect. No damage. Don't know if this is the case of Parry too...

Oh, and my experiment was ofcourse done as an adventurer. One gun and one sword.

The pirate look is cool. Now we just need some fluffy shirts.
    Aye, matey!

¤

(Hmm, maybe I'll need some swimskill to go with this...And a boat/hydro car)

You can!!!!!

Ok a couple questions for you... do you have to meet the dual reqs of both ranged and melee?

Or, is it like regular, you can have one higher item, and meet the reqs of the lower one?? Pls, im REALLY curious
    Anatha - Egyptian Goddess of Love and War

Anatha - RK2 - Tank with a Pet

That is a bug getting fixed in 14.0, don't waste IP.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Exclamation Hmm, so it IS a bug.

Oh well.
    As to the dual requirements;
    - I didn't equip a gun that was above my multi ranged skill. But I did put on a 1hEdge blade that was above my multi melee skill together with the gun that was within my multi ranged skill.

Who knows, maybe this "bug" is more serious and you can equip this combination regardless of multi wield skills.

...There goes my pirate dreams down the drain. Damn the Omni fleet!

¤

(No IP-s was lost or hurt during this production. They were all treated with the love and respect they deserve)