Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

A certain fixer once told me, after direct, persistent (minute by minute) and measured criticisms (of the negative kind) thereby forcing the Doc to leave team (in the first five minutes of mission) in dejection:

..."You're friend will learn"

I had no idea, that he has thorougly mastered 'The Doc Guide' weeks before it was even pusblished. I am just now realizing his profound wisdom of the Doctor's profession and their role in teams.

I am equally amazed, and it's not unreasonable that it was many like him that inspired the author to write such a guide.

Will wonders ever cease.

Please continue to plagiarize the coments and remarks of the comunity, after all other profession has a much deeper insight into the Doctor profession than the Doctor's themselves, whom this guide intends to serve. We all look forward for the upcoming revisions.

Such wisdom cannot go unwritten.
    Lonehawk
    Martial Artist (Guru)

Apocalypse

As I review this guide I think to myself....

Geez, it's hard work to team with docs
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Lonehawk
    A certain fixer once told me, after direct, persistent (minute by minute) and measured criticisms (of the negative kind) thereby forcing the Doc to leave team (in the first five minutes of mission) in dejection:

..."You're friend will learn"

I had no idea, that he has thorougly mastered 'The Doc Guide' weeks before it was even pusblished. I am just now realizing his profound wisdom of the Doctor's profession and their role in teams.

I am equally amazed, and it's not unreasonable that it was many like him that inspired the author to write such a guide.

Will wonders ever cease.

Please continue to plagiarize the coments and remarks of the comunity, after all other profession has a much deeper insight into the Doctor profession than the Doctor's themselves, whom this guide intends to serve. We all look forward for the upcoming revisions.

Such wisdom cannot go unwritten.
    I have no idea whom you are talking about Lone, but they sure sound like true masters of doc wisdom!
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Why didn't I see this guide before?

Originally posted by Zanthyna
    out of nano: If your doc says this after a fight, make sure you hit her with your QL 20 nano recharger berfore you run three rooms down and start another major fight.
    So *that's* what I was doing wrong. I'll be sure to make a stock of them. Thanks.

Oh, here is a new one:
    When fighting, be sure to post yourself on a spot where the doc cannot see you. Especially if you are agent and have not yet fired your AimShot. Heals don't go through walls and the doc is always delighted to run around corners to spot injured team members. It keeps her busy.

Hum, I have to confess that I am an agent and that it happened to me. Once. I died. At the time this guide wasn't written, and I thought it was my fault, so I didn't shout at the doc. What a n00b I was.

Originally posted by Aedile
    About 75% of this post is a truism ON MY FIRST TEAM (...) Please tell me it gets better at 100+
    Don't worry. I'd say it goes up to 99-100%.

Cheers.
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

this is so true in most mmorpg's w/ healers...

lol this is a very good guide keep updating

Just an addition here

You have WTF?!? as a an acronym for "Way to Fight" well I know when I use it it means something different.

Just after those incredible number of adds that the puller brought the team into. I usually say WTF?!? and it means "Want to Fight?!?". I usually use this after we've only stopped for a second after combat and my nanos aren't at full and everyone is at half health because I'm a doc and I can just regen nano anytime and heal people as we fight the next 5 mobs.

I know I hate to wait but I also like to make sure everyone else is ready so I always tend to say "WTF?!?"

^^

Originally posted by Sheffy

Spare me.

ok, I will with this. But remember, I don't think Lone and I would be talking of the same person if it weren't a fact.

Now go defend your org elsewhere, just like I am sure you check the name next to the "D" without even looking. Kneejerk reactions are half knee, and half jerk =)
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Originally posted by Fistofpaper
    ok, I will with this. But remember, I don't think Lone and I would be talking of the same person if it weren't a fact.

Now go defend your org elsewhere, just like I am sure you check the name next to the "D" without even looking. Kneejerk reactions are half knee, and half jerk =)
    You are welcome to bring complaints about SF members to myself either in-game or via private message on the forums. A public thread is not the proper forum for attacking someone's character or making a complaint about them.

Or, in a way you may understand better, "go bitch about people elsewhere."

hahahah

WTS: doc teaming guide.

/tell cheese in game
    Last edited by Cheeze; Jun 27th, 2003 at 01:03:57.
    Cheeze
    Advisor of Arcane Legacy

I'm not commenting further to troll tactics.

great guide once again, keep up the wit and we may have another Deacon on our hands...

OMG TEH HEALING!
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Another great tip

Once your team is formed and doctor(s) are in place, make sure to put /ignore on your doctor. By doing so you won't get disturbed by the doctor chanting medical terminology while fighting.
    Lady Raydente Orlando
    Doctor 209 (15) Equip
    Proud Executive of HUGE, Inc

Also known as:
    Priestess Elving Orlando | Master Raymer Orlando | Shadoray |

Semi-Retired

Re: Just an addition here

Originally posted by Aradda
    You have WTF?!? as a an acronym for "Way to Fight" well I know when I use it it means something different.

Just after those incredible number of adds that the puller brought the team into. I usually say WTF?!? and it means "Want to Fight?!?". I usually use this after we've only stopped for a second after combat and my nanos aren't at full and everyone is at half health because I'm a doc and I can just regen nano anytime and heal people as we fight the next 5 mobs.

I know I hate to wait but I also like to make sure everyone else is ready so I always tend to say "WTF?!?"

^^
    WTF is actually a pvp dungeon. :P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Fistofpaper

I mean, the only shame I think I face, is that I had to heal Hajk to gain the CH =(

*hugs* keep on keepin' on lil doccies!
    LoL
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

LMAO....

Great guide :P
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

This post is so right on its scary. From my experience I would add -
    Make sure to open any and all chests while engaged in a fight and hope for a rollerrat or salamanders to come out and promptly agro the doc..thats what they are there for, right?

It is sad to say that in my last several teams most if not all of these things mentioned have happend to me.

Oh yea, you could also add (from my experience anyway)
    If you are playing a twink make sure not to use any of the skills besides your weapon to fight (ex. fixers dont bother to snare an add that agroed a doc or anyone else, dont bother to root or debuff them either because lets face it you are an invincible twink and if the doc dies they have an "agro management problem" and should seek help. And yes, someone told me that in a team yesterday.

Love this post to pieces, thanks so much

Good points there Sheffy and FistOfPaper - hope those get in the guide.

Also remember never pay a doc for +80 treatment, because as any veteran player will tell you SFA actually stands for Sweet F** All.

I love this post. Almost every pickup team I've ever done is covered in this tome of wisdom.

I've been so lucky to have great teammates from the Roses my whole career
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

oh yes. we teamed yesterday and every bad thing that happened was your fault, Zanthyna. and after all you started annoying us with your funky coloured macros.

^^
    seigmen - agent agent agent

I kan spel

I fixed some glaring spelling errors in the Guide. More content is being worked on right now and will be added fairly soon (i.e. not today). Thank you for your comments and please keep your suggestions coming.

Originally posted by coldwater
    oh yes. we teamed yesterday and every bad thing that happened was your fault, Zanthyna. and after all you started annoying us with your funky coloured macros.

^^
    Hehe...you like the rainbow colored scripts? Aside from being somewhat tacky looking, I have found that they are impossible to miss and writing the message twice, once in a light text and once in a dark one, means that the message will be readable everywhere, even those hideous all-white rooms.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast