Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

What an awesome post!

At first, I came in thinking "w00t, easy ground rules script to give out to a team", then I read on and laughed lots.

So ya, last night my doc dies in temple of three winds, and as I'm sitting in front of reclaim (because so many cultists were hitting me that my nanos kept getting interrupted, I still had all my nano), I see "HEAL!" on my screen. Shortly thereafter, when someone else went down, it was followed by, "Where is Laye? (my doc's name)". :P

/Scrapx

ps. dinged 31 last night, w00t!

LOL!

great post! and getting 'HEAL ME!!' while sitting at reclaim.... soooo many times

Silq from reclaim: 'everyone ok..?'
    TeamieX: 'Yeah.. did you die?'

Another great tip for engies; if you're happy off soloing and looting but run into trouble, perhaps a few too many mobs blocking your way, use the handy beacon warp! And start with doc in case you catch agg. Please don't distract the doc from thier healing with any warning though, there's really no need.

This happened to me once, and I was hugely relieved to be taken away from the tough fight that the rest of the team (actually doing the mission) were in. It didn't matter that everyone died, as the engie could warp them all back in nice n quick!

That was one of my best 'Way To Fight!!?' moments.

The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

ROFL! <-- literally

though It wouldn't surprised me if joe typical is simply having his idea's reinforced after reading this

can you make in-game books? that would be so! cool

Always remember when you walk up to a doc in a medsuit sporting your treatment quartz rifle(tm). To stand there looking dumb for about ten to fifteen seconds (possibly longer) while you /tell them what buffs you need. Thats right, docs always have vicinity chat turned off, and love the way thier buddylists take four to five minutes to synchronise with the server.
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

Originally posted by Caleena
    Always remember when you walk up to a doc in a medsuit sporting your treatment quartz rifle(tm). To stand there looking dumb for about ten to fifteen seconds (possibly longer) while you /tell them what buffs you need. Thats right, docs always have vicinity chat turned off, and love the way thier buddylists take four to five minutes to synchronise with the server.
    Or they tell you they want SFA after you have buffed them with it and then they dont believe you have buffed them.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

To the person who asked if it gets better past 100, yes, if you manage to live to the 150 or so.
    Just about every example in this thread is why I solo'd most of my levels until 80. People just did not appriciate me keeping them alive from reclaim.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Judging from the responses I've gotten so far, it sounds like many of you have been fortunate enough to team up with people who have read my guide. I am glad to have made such a positive contribution to the AO community.

Also, there have been a couple requests to beacon warp this thread to New Arrivals. I originally posted this thread in the doc forum as I figured it would be of most use to docs, but now I find myself in agreement with the majory opinion that it should be in New Arrivals. Any way we can get an admin or moderator to warp it? I don't want to cross post it, but I do feel that newbies would benifit from reading this information.

Thank you for your kind praise (and thanks Tommara for the link--linking is the second highest form of flattery, just behind imitation). I do plan on updating my guide with some more information, but that will probably not be for a day or two.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Thumbs up

Great post Zanthyna! I've even added it to my sig.

-T

Orginally posted by Zanthyna
    I added a new section called "Dying" after rewording what Xarno wrote to make it look like I thought it up myself.
    I am, of course, delighted to have my humble suggestions so callously plagiarized in this manner!

Cool, Zanthyna, I was hoping that you would appreciate the link. Although I've played both an AO doc and an EQ cleric, I was both surprised and delighted that my EQ comrades saw the similarities.

I also feel somewhat appalled and depressed over how AO doctors and EQ clerics are treated. It hits too close to home to my real life experiences as a female - no value in nurturing, DPS is all that counts. I enjoy my AO advent and EQ ranger more because of that. :\
    Last edited by Tommara; Jun 23rd, 2003 at 06:41:24.

Please add one more thing...

The whole team has to stand on the elevator button so that it will be impossible to go back down. :-D
    Lady Dawina Gyllstjerna
    Squad Commander of Eternal Fury on Atlantean

And be sure to never try to remember the doc's name, and call him just 'doc'. He likes to feel important through his profession.

I'd like to add the following point to this allready EXCELLENT thread.

Healing yourself.
    A doc in youre team will consider it a personal insult if you use treatment kits on yourself. After all, The doc is there to heal you, so you yourself should stow away those treatment kits. (If youre an MA or adventurer dont try to chip in either... Doc=Healing so forget all about youre healing potential when you find yourself in a team with a doc.)
    This is especially true in combat. When some dumb mob his slapping you silly, and the doc is throwing you red sparkles (god knows why) and suddenly the mob changes target and you are left at half your health. Some stupid doc will suddenly start throwing those annoying red sparkles at someone else. At this point please do not use a treatment kit on yourself. As i said, this will insult the doc and also give him a more challenging combat session since you're allready at half health when the mob decides to throw a few more hits youre way.
    Kwuack : Youre friendly neighbourhood doctor...

Kwuant : the tinkering thinker

Kwuart : Meatball Juggler Extraordinaire

Kwual : the noob returneth

(Recently returned after a loooooooooong time away)

Disclaimer: All ideas posted to this thread may be plagurized by me and added to the guide (as I will continue to add to and edit the guide). Thank you all for your comments as it is much easier for me to rehash your ideas then it is for me to think up new ones on my own. Note that this disclaimer is retroactive.

Trajan, I have shamelessly stolen your brilliant idea and put a link to this thread in my sig too.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

(this or something similar may already be in)

Always be sure to type
    HAEL ME DOC!!!!

the second you lose 1hp of health in a fight or from springing a trap. This way the doc knows who is damaged and can heal you accordingly. Should you lose 3hp of health, and that is pushing it, kick the doc from your team as they are obviously a gimp.

For maximum effect this should be done when you are on your own on the other side of the mission/zone/gameworld/different server/different game/not online at all. Docs pride them selves on their dark blue running skill and will easily get to you in time, so dont bother moving.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

A note to other docs

All doctors please be aware that every member of your team has more knowledge of your profession than you, all your mistakes will be picked up on microseconds after you have done them. Please take careful note of this often insightful advice, remember it has been many months since you were last in the backyard killing leets. there is always something to learn, such as

"wear a medsuit so you can use better stims, my mongo will keep the ace off your gimp ass"
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Dont forget to compliment the doc on their choice of armour. The Biomech helm is highly prized in the doc community and your comments about it will remind the doc of their true value and place in the team.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    Dont forget to compliment the doc on their choice of armour. The Biomech helm is highly prized in the doc community and your comments about it will remind the doc of their true value and place in the team.
    LOL

Great guide, great comments

Conceitedness will reach it's full beauty in the very late levels.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

great guide.

I am lucky in that I have a regular doc to team with when I choose to team.

Couple things I would like to point out, though. I am an MA, and I often spam my team heal (hell, I figure anything to help out ), but I will say that often I feel bad doing it. I really appreciate what the doc goes through, and I never want her to think that I dont think she's good enough. Spamming my team heal is more of a patch (my job) and not a fix (doc's job).

Also on the "HEAL!!" thing while you are at reclaim, I often dont have my team window up, and I wont realize anyone has died until after the fight (I always check after, of course), as I am so focused on making this bad thing (clanner) stop hurting people.

I am printing this guide out and posting it next to my computer, so that I will be sure to follow the proper doc rules should my doc be unavailable one day.

Bez~
    Cyrcuitbord

Quote Originally Posted by Slyyk
    so I did the only thing I could do...ran screaming like a schoolgirl back outside.

wow.. funniest post i've read in ages.. thanks soo much..

this one's getting added to my sig.

please let us know when you update it.

Hope "Doctordustin" Heals - main
    "Hecha" - ubah twink
    Harlan "Brdekard" Unsell - twink

If the Iron Reet is outside all day long, do you think it has rusty nuts? - stolen from Elonn
    am i the only crazy one? Guide to Teaming with Doc's

"Amusement parks in the Metaverse can be fantastic, offering a wide selection of interactive three-dimensional movies. But in the end, they're still nothing more than video games."
    --Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Achiever 93%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 33%
    Killer 26%

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast