Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

ah, so now I know why the team splits up, lets me get empty on Nanos. tells me my role, and lets me die.... I was wondering.

Talking

This post is so hilarious!! I re-read it every few months to keep my sense of humor playing my Doc.

I'd like to suggest an addendum for those of us who are fortunate/unfortunate enough to have an IRL playmate in AO. 8=)

1) Shout at the top of lungs from the other room in a sarcastic tone voice "I could use some healing here !!??!!" This keeps us on our toes in case we think we can slack off because you would understand that we are trying out best.

2) To keep us sharp and practice our focus and concentration skills - yell from the other room (at the height of a battle, preferably one with adds) ...."Hey what are the stats on that item I gave you 2 months ago to hold for me? Check you packs and Post it in a tell!"

3) Wait till the entire team is at least down to half health getting pounded by adds, even better if one is dead and ask us to feed the dog.

4) In a particularly wicked hard Pen Mission with a tank who's not good at pulling single mobs....ask us to play our Doc AND your char so you can go afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Missetsu
    This post is so hilarious!! I re-read it every few months to keep my sense of humor playing my Doc.

I'd like to suggest an addendum for those of us who are fortunate/unfortunate enough to have an IRL playmate in AO. 8=)

1) Shout at the top of lungs from the other room in a sarcastic tone voice "I could use some healing here !!??!!" This keeps us on our toes in case we think we can slack off because you would understand that we are trying out best.

2) To keep us sharp and practice our focus and concentration skills - yell from the other room (at the height of a battle, preferably one with adds) ...."Hey what are the stats on that item I gave you 2 months ago to hold for me? Check you packs and Post it in a tell!"

3) Wait till the entire team is at least down to half health getting pounded by adds, even better if one is dead and ask us to feed the dog.

4) In a particularly wicked hard Pen Mission with a tank who's not good at pulling single mobs....ask us to play our Doc AND your char so you can go afk.
    5) bark 'heal!'at her when her heal is recharging. good for those times when you're just not happy with having front teeth anymore! ;p

Awesome guide

I was browsing these Doc threads just now during work to learn more about the profession and I have to admit - I had trouble keeping the laughs quiet!!!

Nice way to keep people reading, it did actually learn me some things about the teamplay-part of Docs!!

Good fun!

If I see a chalice in a teammate's hand, should I train to Aztur and complain if I die by Cultists? (I mean, come on, I'm in the same dungeon!!!)

Still comedy goldmine
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

BTW peeps...

---

Male doctors are the epitome of oxymoronia. Male, doctors! Aren't doctors those medsuit-wearing nanomage-female sexeh chalice-holders? I told my team that the only reason we all died was because I was staring at my chalice wondering how come the ... (wine? blood?) ... didn't ever spill out. Rather fascina...

But I disgress. If you see a male doctor, call him an oxymoron. "Moron" for short.

Kthxbai
    - Saetos, your bored d00d

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

lol this thread is classic
    Slainna
    Level 120 Solitus Doctor
    Wikid Intent

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Aren't doctors those medsuit-wearing nanomage-female sexeh chalice-holders?
    *recalls fondly how many million creds and indecent proposals my first Female Soli Doc made bikini-dancing with a Chalice outside ToTW*

Maybe that's why 90% of Doctors are Female and Solitus (j/k)....

Bump for a uber topic!

EDIT: eh? You mean it's stickied? What's sticky?
    To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

WTB Guide to Reading Forum Posts
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

trueness...

Sorry but the team mission/dictionary is soo true O.o always happens and thats why im such a good doc!!
    My 217 Doc rawr Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    {Originally Posted by Rak
    WTB your definition of real pvpers}
    "tab,1234567890;Shift+2,1234567890!!!"

Or for NT: Tab,11;tab,11;tab,11!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
    -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapthrill
    WTB Guide to Reading Forum Posts
    Posted, as per demand, my Queen.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Talking Doc's side note:

After team is formed and you are all buffed and ready, make sure you spam "http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=146310" as must read or I'll leave! =p

And for the froob's, well don't bother reading because you know you can't so just start the battle with out them, they'll catch up, they have experiance.

This post should be part of some noob island quest.

Just the other day I found myself apologizing to a teammate repeatedly because my doc Tjinn failed to keep her alive...

Sad thing is I felt guilty even though the team repeatedly ran away from me at full speed in Ely on my second trip there, while I was sitting down to recharge nano. The only reason I came close to healing her before death at all was because she was the last one in line and I managed to stand up and hit /follow before her health bar dropped off my team window.

Anyways, whenever I get depressed teaming I can always come here and realize I am not alone.

Thanks

Omg lol funny work.
    Hey ? ! Where did my signature go. . . ?

While I find this thread amazingly funny and accurate for horrible teaming skills and treatment of doctors...

Speaking as a parent, most kids under the age of 18 do not understand the concept of sarcasm. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ionvox View Post
    While I find this thread amazingly funny and accurate for horrible teaming skills and treatment of doctors...

Speaking as a parent, most kids under the age of 18 do not understand the concept of sarcasm. :P
    Sar-chasm: The freaking big hole in the ground seperating reality and irony.

BTW - if you see your "trader" in the team heal for obscene amounts using nanos with weird names like "Complete Heal" and "Cellular Recuperation," tell the trader she's hacking and must be kicked out of the team. When you die, yell at her for not healing or draining the mobs (never mind the fact you're in a Pen Hard and she's in Garden of Dalja), and as she tries to type blasphemous lies of her being a doctor and not a trader, ask for a wrangle and don't take no for an answer.

Not that this happened to me (still 2h Edged) but wonder if this has happened to any of you shotgun doctors
    Last edited by Saetos; Sep 7th, 2006 at 02:44:02.

Red face

I used to think "HEAL!" was a scrpit/macro that other players used to make my fingers fatter and my keys smaller. Now that I know the difference, I have my own macros that spam "HIT!", "NUKE!", and "TAUNT!". Of course they are profession specific.

Necro!!!

Just thought i would necro this all too funny thread! It deserves the attention!
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ the Fixer
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Hit me once, Shame on you.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Hit me twice, Shame on me.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQHit me thrice, aww crud *meep*
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Qwayke

hard to bump a sticky as it always at the top anyway
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast