Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

if everyone who viewed this thread posted as well we may actually catch those pesky fixers forums post count :P

Talking OMFG!

I have been playing my doc since Aug. 2001, and in my years of AO, never have I found a list of things that are so true as this. I laughed, I cried, and I think I nodded silently to myself more times reading this post then I ever have in my life. You have truly summed up the doc's life in this post, and I must thank you for making it all so clear. I especially loved the dictionary, cause plenty of times have I said "wait" or "agg!" and the team would simply rush forward w/ out concern for what I need to do to ensure their safety.

Thanx again for this post. It is 100% greatness.

From teh sexiest doctor on all of RK, and now coming to a Shadowlands near you...
    Kachipo.
    Rubi-Ka 1
    Harvey "Kachipo" Birdman - General of ~ HYDRA ~
    Kachipo's Dream Setup.

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!" - Gimly, The Lord of The Rings : The Fellowship of The Ring.
    "Toss me." - Gimly, The Lord of The Rings : The Two Towers.

gosh, being an oversized teddy bear enf has never felt so good
    i must confess that i actually gave the respect doctors deserved before.
    gosh, good thing thats all over

/secousse

Best post ever
    -nanodocris

For Webhosting, Game server hosting, Team speak or whatever kind of hosting you need, please visit Konspiracy

Good news for those who have been waiting months for an update to this thread! I have gone through the Guide to Teaming With Docs and added an all new color scheme! A bright yellow now adorns the title and all headings! (Those of you waiting for new content are out of luck as that would require actual effort on my part--sorry.)
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Originally posted by Zanthyna
    Good news for those who have been waiting months for an update to this thread! I have gone through the Guide to Teaming With Docs and added an all new color scheme! A bright yellow now adorns the title and all headings! (Those of you waiting for new content are out of luck as that would require actual effort on my part--sorry.)
    Grats on the "world tweaks" zanthyna
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

eeeek bright yellow
    I can keep reading this, after hours of playing doc, I come hear and read and cross what happend to me mostly everything haha
    www.wrw.be
    3D max video tutorial (dutch)

Doc lvl202 'Dctrtek'
    Enf lvl83 'Tamage'
    Crat lvl180 'Swetsugar'

Give the NT's a BIG thank you for all there HE's and CC's you get from them ... be nice and place your gratitude HERE

Pls read this Only ONCE

Thumbs down

akk iam afriad to play me doc now .....kinda sound like u are making docs look bad, well thx for info

one last thing y cant docs loot they play impostant part in team with out us everyone dies so the doc is as important as the tank

Lorddoctor

Yes, Doctors are a critical part of the team. The reason they get shut out of a lot of loot is because they are also a time intensive character during missions. Instread of wandering to get chests and things docs are dropping down to recharge nano's etc.

If loot is alpha you can sometimes get your loot from a mob but when the team runs on I find myself often forgetting that and doing my duty to the team.

When boss loot is distributed the best armor etc is often given to other profs than the doc. They use excuses like "You don't do damage and don't draw aggro, I need this armor" or "You don't solo so your team mates can get mobs off you" etc. Docs use as much nano as any prof out there, are expected to keep up with all of the latest and greatest heals etc. It is an expensive prof and yet docs can barely solo for credits (some can't solo at all). Most of my chars soloed a lot and so got the armor and loot off the mobs to fund themselves. This is not available for docs unless you play a special type (I played an MA Atrox and could solo 50-60% missions until level 100 or so).

So docs are a poor prof and are often overlooked in loot distribution. I have always been a fan of team tipping docs but most say they are just doing their job. I see it as a way of compensating them for forgoing the solo experience in prof choice.

So make sure when loot is distributed from the boss that you ask for your fair share or more. Explain to the others just what the reality of doc hood is.
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

Originally posted by Cheeze

hahahaha

I can't believe this thread just got bumped.

There is some good stuff in this thread...but a majority of it ...is a little overboard and a bit odd.
    this post is absolutely brilliant .. you have some kind of grudge i reckon to not be able to appreciate it ...

I have a lvl 65 Archon (cleric, Apoletta Ssin`urndalharen of Zebuxoruk) in EQ, and yes this is EXACTLY how Warrior/Paladin/ Shadowknights and Rangers feel clerics should be able to heal, sad part is soemhow I have actually managed to keep my whole group alive while they pulled half of Bastion of Thunder ( BoT) down on top of us because the Enchanter decided to go looking about and ran into a semi boss mob.

Now for the even sadder news, I made a doctor on AO thinking just maybe JUST MAYBE, the tanks had more brains. I was sadly mistaken and now have a lvl 6 engie.

did someone get lost

Originally posted by Fiximus
    did someone get lost
    rofl

thanks for the good laugh ...
    www.wrw.be
    3D max video tutorial (dutch)

Doc lvl202 'Dctrtek'
    Enf lvl83 'Tamage'
    Crat lvl180 'Swetsugar'

Give the NT's a BIG thank you for all there HE's and CC's you get from them ... be nice and place your gratitude HERE

Pls read this Only ONCE

Here is a suggestion that I think we all Doctors should do just for ****s and giggles. if a team wants us we demand for 1million ( or more depending on the difficulty) creds from the group and must be payable in advance. Not just shown, but the little accept button has to be hit. This way when that uber armor that the doc could use to help save herself from being beat on by the mob that the dumb ass tank pulled, we can then start affording things.

Heck if we want to we just just all go on strike for a while and make the tanks heal themselves, after all they too can get heals ( not very good ones) but heals non the less....

And when this doesnt get threw their thick skull lets try something like, Oh I am sorry you died, I was too busy getting my share of the loot ... besides you have med packs you could have healed yourself...

Or am I a little to sadistic for AO? >=)

I think it's better for us personally and for our profession in general if we don't act like prima donnas

Guilds, I've found, are very important for doctors. A good guild can really make the difference between success and failure, and between having fun in a team, and hating the world because of your team.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

So funny

If I had been drinking milk when I read this, it would be coming out my nose. Oh my god, it's all true. The best part is half of those things happened just the other DAY. I'm glad our players are obviously all reading the forums, because how else could they manage to be so.... dead on?

My favourite: When He Who Shall Remain Nameless opened a chest after I said five times (though to be fair, it may have been a mere four times) not to open them, and he did it right after a fight. One guy dead, the other 5 near death, boom! Of course I, being an ungrateful doctor not knowing how honoured I was to have such a super group, started grumbling. And he said "Hey! Give me some respect here!" and I said (like the horrible wretch that I am) "Maybe you could respect the requests I make not to open the chests!" ... obviously it went downhill fast after that.

I don't know if this was in the actual guide or a comment to it, but I especially LOVE how everyone calls me "Doc", and doesn't bother to remember my name. Makes me feel valued, and reminds me that even though they know I'm a pathetic doctor, they still allow me to follow them around while they do all the real work.

Also: Asking me for buffs in those tells we love so is even better when you're no where around, so when I look for you to buff you (as of course I will, what else do I have to do with my unlimited time and nanos?) I can't find you!

Ah, this is a gem I shall value for all time. Thanks for your wisdom!

Re: So funny

Originally posted by Theomania
    Also: Asking me for buffs in those tells we love so is even better when you're no where around, so when I look for you to buff you (as of course I will, what else do I have to do with my unlimited time and nanos?) I can't find you!
    This is a very annoying trend that lately. I get it with my doc, MP, and especially my Trader. I don't mind buffing but getting a /tell and then finding out you are being asked to wait while they come from somewhere else (or even get asked to come to them) seems the height of hubris. Next time I believe I will take a stand and refuse to buff them once I find out it has happened.
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

You have all been added to my doc's ignore list, good luck leveling

this post came to my attention via guild forums.Imo funny as hell and in some cases spot on.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast