Thread: People to RP With

People to RP With

Hey, I'm knew to AO, and I'm loving the game. Its only my third day, but I'm lvl 8 and have spent a lot of time RPing. I was just wondering, do you guys know where I could find more permanant people to RP with? I've only found a scattered few so far, and they don't know of any other RPers. I joined AO for that, and am so far fulfilled, but I see it going shallow if I don't find other RPers soon.

And what are the rules for the game in terms of RP? Are tells IC or OOC? How does one go about looking for a group while being IC?

Thanks

There is the Org listing at the top of the threads in this forum, or you can head ofer to one of the bars.

Omni- Baboons, or Rhompas, both in Entertainment District

Neut (and others) Reets Retreat...Possibly the largest and most popular club on the planet.

clan-The Cup. No bathrooms, but I guess some like it
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

((Welcome to AO!

There aren't any rules to roleplaying in AO in particular, but here is an excellent roleplaying guide.

As for finding other roleplayers, the bars and clubs often have other players around and, for the most part, they are roleplayers. You should take a look at the sticky threads at the top of this board and take a look at some of the roleplaying organizations as well.))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Try to sign on to RPCHAT when she's up. Rpchat is a chat channel for roleplayers to coordinate with. /tell rpchat chat will get you invited. /tell rpchat rules will list the bot's rules and intention.

Do /cc addbuddy rpchat and look for her to be online in about two hours from this post.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Welcome to Rubi-Ka citizen.

I am unaware of your current affiliation, but if you happen to be lucky enough to work for Omni-Tek, then I would be obliged to give you a fullscale tour of all 4 Omni-1 districts.

Contact me at your leisure.

-Prez

(( I love showing new guys around town, if your Omni-Tek and want a nice tour of the cities, give me a tell and ill show you around ))

What they said

Okay, so tour-operator place is already taken, so uhhhm... well... uhhhm... drop me a tell in game, and I'll make you do a tour of the Grid! *laughs*
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

(Also, which server are you on? There are RP communities on both servers though RK1 has larger population of them. Listing your server can get you in contact with the appropriate people. Also...Clan, Omni or Neutral?)
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

lvl 8, nt, clan, rk1

assuming his name is the same as the one he posted with

((Sweet, clan RPer... definitely take Jynne's advice and check out the Rpchat bot. It's very cool. Also have a look at the roleplay guilds thread mentioned earlier, you have better odds of cool roleplay with members of those guilds than you do with random people. That said, I think your best bet is just to try to stay in character as much as is reasonable and practical; people who don't roleplay are generally decent about it in my experience, or they may not even notice that you're in character, whereas roleplayers usually pick up on it. The roleplay guide mentioned earlier is good stuff also, dig it.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Hola Andragoth

If you happen to find your way into West Athens and The Cup send me a comm. I love meeting folks new to world and I am around almost all the time is seems.

Later!
    Relle "Albanis" Clemente
    Lieutenant
    The Black Company

Facta Non Verba - Deeds Not Words

Yea, that's me I think I'm level 9 now though... Anyway, have to go by to work, so I'll keep this short. Thanks for your help, first off, and I'll keep an eye out for you guys The problem is, I play usually 10-6am EST, are any of you active then?

I'll check out the club as soon as I get off work.

/me smiles

Most activity seems to be around 9pm-3am my time, which is i think 4-10pm est (as a majority of the player base is american)

But feel free to look me up if ever u get on, im always up for a chat

ooc

Welcome to Rubi-Ka! I hope you'll find loads of fun here, within the rp scene and outside as well. The roleplayers I've gotten to know are a bunch of good people and friends, and all the advice above are great. Join rpchat!

A clanner huh...Well, Good luck staying out of the dinner pot.

((Have fun, its what games are for!))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Yeees... join the darkside... eeerm no, I mean Rpchat!

And beware the hamster
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Greetings,

Although my papers say Omni, I have as many friends among the clans as the corporation. Most importantly, should you have need for information or investigative work, feel free to get in touch. Rubi-Ka can be landmine of conflicting personalities, strange alliances, love affairs and hatreds... far more so than any other planet I've adventured on.

Allow me to offer you my business card:

====================================
    Betji
    Freelance Agent

Mission Item Acquisitions & Combat Support
    Omni Connections & Resources A Specialty

"People first, politics last"

confidential maildrop:
    ellechase@yahoo.com
    ====================================

- Betji
    Atlantean Omni Freelance Agent

man its always the good looking women that are on rk1 darn ill never get married on here....lol Welcome To Rubi-Ka
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

Smile Oi! Welcome to RK!

Hiya! Welcome to Rubi-Ka! If you ever need anything from an Omni-chick, just drop me a /tell and let me know, hon! I'd be more than happy to do anything I can.

ooc:

((I'm usually on during the time you specefied, or at least part of it. I'm happy to answer any questions, ooc/ic or whatever. Give me a buzz, i can introduce you to some great RPers and we'll go party at Reets or something! *wink*))

Hugs and Kisses:

Lunya Medicci
    Omni Adventurer

"Beware the flirt!"

hehe yes, Be carefull with Lunya i still remeber when she was little and did not know her way to reets
    No shes as crazy as the rest of us