Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unity of the Rose releases Rpchat

Originally posted by Sidarion
    I have seen a steady recline in RPers on these boars here lately
    Yeah, those boars can sure ruin some good roleplaying, the swines!

(Heehee, love typos )

Good move with rpchat. Too bad I keep finding it nearly empty, I'm sure it'l pick up tho, as more people do the SMART THING (*hint hint*) and type /tell rpchat chat (*hint hint*)
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

((Well, we'll see how the thing works. I've been trying it a bit yesterday (and looked like a complete fool mixing the private chat channel with the bot itself... my, was I TIRED ). Will probably log in it pretty regularly, just to see what's worked on. So expect a lurking lil' Fixer in there ))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Rpchat was intended, at least, to be fairly quiet (except when there's RP going on). Consider it to be somewhat like an 'RP radar' that only lights up if there's RP in the offing.

That said, I'm sure it will pick up and be a bit livelier when more roleplayers find out about it and start using it regularly to make things happen
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Its a very cool idea I'll try to log in off and on to see of The Hands can contibute to any interesting stories that might pop up.
    - Secretary "Linaacrat" Flowers
    Bureaucrat to Rubi-Ka ((Also offering doctor, engineering, and adventuring assistance.))

Come visit the new Healing Hands

Hindsight isn't 20/20 when your rearview mirror is broken..

Okay people, Jynne took the time to develop this bot, but you must all remember to sign on to it each time you log in! Sure it might be quite most of the time especially as still new, but its no good if, when there is finally something to announce like the Borpac March last night hardly anyone is there listening.

I also suspect this is a case of "use it or lose it". So please keep signing up to rpchat.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

OOC:

Can we join the bot so the bot sends an auto-invite to us whenever we logon? I don't know which bot you guys use but IGNBot can do that.

That way we can ensure a healthy number of people signing onto the bot
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

((It's possible to do it, true, although I don't know myself how. Will ask around about this then. In a way, it's would 'remind' us to log to the bot, huh ))

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I will look into an auto-invite function when I have time. I do know it's been done, so I know I can do it too. If the community thinks that this would be a major and important feature then I will try to prioritize it in my schedule.

I have (and have been given) a lot of other great ideas for enhancements to Rpchat - enough for a "Version 2" release upgrade - but I just don't have time for that right now. Currently it's very, very busy for me in AO
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

((I know someone I could ask to... will try to catch said person in game or through PM then.

It's not "the most important function in the world". It's just that when logging in and having several /tells welcoming you or so, people tend very quickly to 'forget' to connect to a private channel if they're not invited *is guilty!*))

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Sweet! I'm heading on now to try it!
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12