Thread: Trying to build a roleplaying guild

Trying to build a roleplaying guild

Hi,

I am doing my best to create a roleplaying guild, but the roleplaying people in my guild keep telling me they dont think the guild is working out how they expected from a rolepalying point of view. After only two weeks they are on the verge of quiting over this.

The problem is I fail to see what I am doing wrong, so far I have asked people to think about roles they want in the guild. I have also started to give people real missions to go on. But this to the roleplayers does not either appear right or is not enough.

I was wondering if you might have any guildlines to create a roleplaying guild or any advice on how to run the roleplaying elements.

If by chance you have a strong roleplaying desire and are looking to join a roleplaying Omni-Tek guild. Them we could use you skills give me a tell in.

Thanks

Kirrana

Hi!

We had just the same problems you describing in our old faction, so we closed it down and is starting a new one now called 24-7.
    Hope you succed in creating your own, else you can always join ours on RK1. =)

If you wanna some more info you can follow the links below:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=1196

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...p?threadid=276

Suggestion

Well, Blade Corp. is a role-playing guild and so far has been doing a good job at it, so I'd love to share some of my experience with you. First of all you need a mission for your guild. A role-playing mission, not something like "become most powerful guild in the game" or "get involved in story line." Create an overall mission and follow it, that will give your guild a real role-playing goal to follow. Next create a detailed story about your guild. How it came about, when, by whom, what is its background. This will give your guild more depth and some tools to use when further developping your guild. Than create an organizational structure with a specific goal in mind for each position. This will allow people join your guild in a filed they want and they will have a better idea of what's expected of them and how to advance their character role-playing vice. For example, it is not a good idea to send a peace-loving doctor on an assasination mission. Further, recruit people who are interested in role-playing. Require them to deeply develope their charachters and character personaleties by asking them specific role-playing questions, such as their goals, background, etc. Than personally process applications and talk to the people prior to accepting them making sure you're both on the same page. You'll be surprised how easily a few power-gamers can spoil a great RP community. Also very important is to frequently communicate with your members, in a in-game fashion. This will with time create a certain RP atmosphere around you that others will follow. And finally work with other role-playing organizations and communeties to strengthen bonds. We, RPers, must stick togather, this makes RPing more fun and possible. Let me know if this was of any use and if you'd like any more info/suggestions from me. Btw, please visit my organization for an example of what I was talking about earlier, even our website is made in a RP fasion. You can find a link to it in my signature. Well, have a nice day and good luck to both of you in your new guilds!
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"