Thread: What do you want OTAC to do (event-wise)

What do you want OTAC to do (event-wise)

We are looking for your ideas for a fun event that we could possibly plan for Rubi-Ka.

The RK Olympics are on hold (due to it being too much work to do in a short period of time with too few participants) for a while.

Please, give us your serious ideas for an event that could be organized by the players.

Thank you.

Looks like the bottom really fellout from the fallout Olympics.
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

The decision to postpone was due to the few of us who were putting it on just didnt' feel like it that weekend.

Chaosengine, tell your buddies over at Div9 to work on some new insults.

Ideas... come on! If players dont do things nothing will happen!

Look at how much Funcom has given us!

i have a good idea for a event for you...play dead ! just kidding

Arrow

Hey Fallout,

Heres a quick idea (seems kinda lame but at least it may start the ball)....btw, this is Manchilde/Piikey....

Rubi-Ka Blood Drive

Purpose: A charity drive for Doctors, Engineers, and Crats who need money

Rules: Volunteers will gather at a specified meeting spot to hear the event coodinators and to get registered for the days events. Extra Bags will be given out to those that need them.

Once time limits are set (say 1-2 hrs), all volunteers will head out to their favorite hunting spot to start harvesting moster parts. At the end of this time period, all bags must be turned in to events coordinators and the number of monster parts must be verified (total number, and QL lvl)....after this, judges will begin tallying the points totals for all entries.

This will work like a fishing tournament (if you live in the US you may know what i mean)....entries will be judged not only on the quantity turned in, but also the quality of the parts (this will prevent NT's from just walking into a backyard and just area nuking everything around....

There should be a few awards given out to winners:

1) Most total number of parts gathered regardless of QL.
    2) Highest total QL count (i.e. say party turns in 120 QL 51 parts this would be a total QL count of 6120, but if another group turned in 90 QL 71 parts, then the total QL count would be 6290). This would take some effort fromt he judges, but in the end it is for a good cause.
    3) Big Game Prize would be awarded to the team that brings in the highest QL monster part (so yes if someone wants to go out and slay a sandworm for the prize...go for it...=)

Awards would be given out to the winners (ideally a 100+ agent would run a few missions for some good items like high QL Primus coats, or varios other rare things....plz speak up if your willing to help provide nice prizes...=).

The parts would then be processed by various volunteers into plasma, which would then be sold to shops with proceeds being given out to various needy individuals or possibly guilds to help give to their employees (distribution should be decided by OTAC or other organizers).

just some thoughts, maybe this will help generate some event ideas for people.

edit: btw, I would obviously offer buffing services to the processors in the form of Journeyman: Pharma skills (+80) as well as the general expertise buff (+20) to those that need it....could possibly offer Maestro: Pharma buff (+125) if someone can find me the nano...
    Last edited by Manchilde; Nov 26th, 2001 at 21:09:47.
    ~Manchilde

"Defection" - The Latest Rage!

I don't know if you could work this into an event, but it's an idea I had sort of along these lines...

This is a game for when you've got a bunch of people who are of a wide spread in level and are all bored. It's called "Defection"...

Say you're an Omni guild. One of you rolls a clan character and quickly makes level 2 to get out of the backyard. This character is the "defector". You pick a clan city as the place to begin the adventure, let's say Avalon. The first part of the game is, the Omni group has to make it to the Omni city to collect the defector. When they rendezvous the defector uses an Omni app to change sides.

The second part is, they have to transport the defector back to Omni-HQ, or some other Omni city. They can use woompas or whatever, but they basically have to get the defector back without letting him get killed by guards or wildlife. There would probably be a rule about no gridding...part of the purpose of using a level 2 is so that he can't use the grid. You can switch locations to make it easier or harder for you - cities with less guards, easier routes, etc. I haven't tried doing one of these yet, but maybe someone else will and report back on if it was fun or not.

A lvl 2 can grid from clan to omni.

Just have him/her/it use their app, and then have a fixer team grid phreak them. Once in they can use the emergancy exit.

Intresting idea, I can think of 3 ways to cheat at it allredy. Would have to have a clearly defined rules, and a good deal of people to "police" it. Good idea though.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

Yeah there'd have to be a rule about using grid phreak or related nanos. It's fun for a group of friends, they'll probably stick to the rules, but if you want to try and make an event of it you'd probably need a ref in a Yalm or something.

Or give each team a proctor that would follow them around.

I kinda like that idea.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?