((Dear readers, the following texts are excerpts of an ongoing RP relationship between two people in Whispers Edge. Not coherently written, I nevertheless thought to bring them up here for your enjoyment. It is anyones guess wether the two will ever find each other))

Dramatis Personae:

Colonel Simon Western, a.k.a Sidarion
Ms. Jolynn Creehan, a.k.a Munkie

Chapter 1: It all begins

Simon lay on his spartan cot in his appartment, eyes open and staring at the lazily turning ceiling fan. Apart from the faint hum emanating from the refrigarator and the dull whirr from the ceiling fan it is otherwise quiet. His armor lies tossed into a heap beside the bed, cluttered with other gear he usually carries around.
When suddenly a muffled chime emanating from the pile of gear disturbs the quietitude of the scene. Grumbling, Simon shifts to the right and starts rummaging through his belongings before dragging his still chirping comm unit out of his dented CAS helmet.

*** incoming audio message ****

date received: May 13, 9:54 am

"...Get your lazy behind out of bed PM me with a specific task to assist in this imperative function..."

*** message end ***

"Insolent woman...", Sidarion murmurs and starts punching a text message into his comp.

Message to: Jolynn Creehan

"Such a pleasure hearing your melodious voice, Munks. It has about as much charm as a coroners bonesaw to me, right now. I see you haven't lost your talent to make my day.
Our new recruit Maiyin has already signalled her willingness to work in the Member Services department. So that makes three of us. I propose to schedule a meeting where we gather some ideas to get the department up and running in earnest. Oh, and against my better judgement, my offer to take you out for dinner still stands. The Happy Rebel comes to mind. You know, venomenous creatures are a hobby of mine. I am back to sleep and will mute my comm.
Simon"

*** message end ***

With a frown, Simon tossed around on his cot and restarts his attempt at finding some sleep.

later on

Slowing the pace of her morning workout, Munkie came to an abrupt stop under a thinly leaved tree that provided spots of shade and sunshine in equal measure. Now that the single most liberating part of her day was interrupted by a signal on her wrist communicator, she took in a disgusted breath, trying to balance her emotions. Munkie twisted her wrist to alleviate some of the glare from a nagging sunspot on the tiny screen, eyeing the small font to determine the messages origin.

“Damn I wish he would sleep through the night”, when she realized who sent the message, suddenly she felt her face go flush with his first comments of provoke.

“Heh… Simon… apparently his mother had as much love for this ******* as I do, why else would she adorn him a name like that?” The first thoughts to seep in to her once serene mind as she tipped the tiny toggle downward to read the rest of the message.

She slowly moved through the message, when she eyed the name Maiyin, and the possibility of working with the kind girl she met just days before. “Maiyin, a sweet girl, it would be a pleasure working with her, it is a shame the team would be flawed with that pompous asses’ presence.” She looked away for a moment and tried to retain some of the composure that was seeping out of her pores along with her sweat.

“JUDGEMENT”, she scoffed out loud, as she quickly turned to see if anyone was in earshot of her uncontrolled outburst. “The man wouldn’t be able to cast judgment over a second grade spelling bee, that BASATRD thinking he could cast judgment where I was concerned.” Her calmness totally dissipated knowing that this was not the first time that he had offered to meet her alone, and he wasn’t astute enough to be aware that she tolerated him barely, only out of respect for the rest of the organization. “To think I have a passing interest in staring at that pasty faced fool over a dining table for hours on end.” Three feet away, was three feet to close in her mind.

“Jesus, you would think the arrogant prick would get a hint, I would rather have dinner with a rapist on prison furlough then him.” She smirked to herself as she fumbled with the tiny buttons to scroll further until she met the messages’ end.

Once again she started her paced exercise, moving from under the shade tree, she went from a quick walk to a slow jog, all the while mumbling to her self, replaying the message in detail through her mind.

“That little piece of ****, Unit Commander ***Face, who the hell does he think he is with his judgment, does he have any idea what the **** he is playing with, or who I am, or what I have done on this planet”, she mumbled all the while making record pace on the last leg of her route home.

Through the last gate to Backyard Seven, she ended with the same flourish as always, a sprint to the ramp at the far end, a quick right, and a sprint back to the front of the yard where her apartment door was waiting for entry. She held the railing at the end of the walkway, pulling back and stretching bottom to top. First her calves, knees, thighs, back, and then she pulled her shoulders back, squeezing her shoulder blades together until she felt them make contact at the tips. She stretched her neck to the right shoulder, bringing the tip of her chin downward to her left breast, before giving a quick, and sudden snap to the right side of her chest releasing a satisfying pop noise from her upper spine.

This ritual was then followed by a stress reducing breath in……………………………… held……………………………… and then back out again. With these movements the tension that was placed upon her shoulders melted away.

She walked slowly in to her apartment, chuckling to herself about all the dead plants, thinking that she really should replace them at some point. She then silently countered herself that she shouldn’t care; it wasn’t like she had visitors anyway.

After soothing her parched thirst with chilled water (the only thing that wasn’t growing in her icebox) from the refrigerator, she made way to the computer and pulled up Simon’s message.

Message to: Jolynn Creehan

"Such a pleasure hearing your melodious voice, Munks. It has about as much charm as a coroners bonesaw to me, right now. I see you haven't lost your talent to make my day.
Our new recruit Maiyin has already signalled her willingness to work in the Member Services department. So that makes three of us. I propose to schedule a meeting where we gather some ideas to get the department up and running in earnest. Oh, and against my better judgement, my offer to take you out for dinner still stands. The Happy Rebel comes to mind. You know, venomenous creatures are a hobby of mine. I am back to sleep and will mute my comm.
Simon"

*** message end ***

Message to: {alias “Simon”} (ipnet 12905.12453.23.87.ad)

”Simon, while I appreciate your offer, for me to represent your department I respectfully decline.”

--At this point Munkie knew what was right, and also knew what would be considered appropriate behavior—

“And as far as dinner with you…

--she paused—

… I would like to leave you one thought, even though I am not sure where you will put it. DROP DEAD!”

Truly,
Munkie!

*** message end ***

With this Munkie felt at ease, as she lifted the baggage that was placed on her back, and returned it to the rightful owner.