Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neutrality and the Shadowlands

Originally posted by Beamboom
    Anyone know this for sure?
    I think thats the problem we all have here, we don't know And those who do know can't tell us due to there NDA. Come on Cz, anyone? is Beam right here or are we all chasing the wrong leet?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by SM

Its a nice idea (and one that was bandied about a little while ago) but Gaute steped in and corrected us. While the faction rating are variable, if an Omni gets too much redeemed faction he is screwed as it has been stated that the quest giving npc's react accourding to rating _and_ clan/omni faction.

Aka Clanners can't pick up unredeemed quests and Omni can't pick up redeemed quests.

Neutrals can pick up Ergo quests.
    OK, if this is true...doesn't sound like a 'dynamic' faction system to me. I remember reading our actions decide our shadowbreed. The above statement, if true, means our shadowbreed is totally dependant on doing quests that we have NO choice in.

Originally posted by Nyadach

And we get Ergo the master of SL and by the sound of it the guy/god/thingy which keeps the other two apart and in check, or whatever he's supposed to be.
    Ergo,I believe,is the superduper computer that managed the Shadowlands for the Redeemed and Unredeemed before they had their hissy fit and one of them was thrown out/left.

When all is said and done the only way we'll know the answer to the questions the sparse info creates....is to go there and see.
    Altared (aka Alteredstate)

------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If You Can’t Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
    ------

The conflicting info coming out makes it hard to know what is true and what is made up. I have heard both rumours that alignment will depend on your RK faction and also be independent of it. Both sources were Funcom eg HOC chat, or Funcom sponsored eg an aticle citing official sources on a third party site. So who knows, I dont know for sure.
    Last edited by Naxilite; Jun 19th, 2003 at 03:31:03.
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

well why did you choose a neut?
    for what reason?

Smile

Let's not turn this into a "Neutral - Why? How can you be neutral?" debate...I've seen enough of those questions ruin a thread.

Really all this thread is doing is fishing for info on the faction system to be used in SL. Is it 'dynamic' or not?

The answers to that kind of question is useful to everybody...clan, omni or neut.

------

------

Originally posted by Sumokan
    Just trying to see if the Neutral Merc is viable in Shadow Lands or is the concept nerfed as it is in AO? Maybe the CG or WB might enlighten me.
    At this time there is no solid information to suggest if it's viable or not. Guess we'll just have to wait and see Sumo.

------

------

Originally posted by Sumokan
    Wow missed that reply, Nydach again there you go, trying to impress your certain brand of neutrality, but that is your opinion and your welcome to it. However you are speaking about a occupation (merc) you don't have any experience in at all. That is like the sided trying to tell us what its like to be neutral.

OOC
    I am interested in learning more about Shadow Land but due to time constraints I do not have the time to beta. Just trying to see if the Neutral Merc is viable in Shadow Lands or is the concept nerfed as it is in AO? Maybe the CG or WB might enlighten me.
    And that was the other thing I mentioned, alot of this all comes down to is there a active thing which runs off your actions or isn't there. If there is then fine, we know, if not then slap mr marketting monkey again at FC and we're in the same state of things as they are. Would be nice to know officially as anyone who does know can't actually tell anyone about it due to the NDA.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Smile

The 'dynamic' faction sytem is the way it should have been done from the start. No 3 doors to choose from....one door and let your true faction develop.

I'm pretty sure none of us would have managed to stay neutral. Of course the merc lifestyle would still have been nerfed to hell and back (Still can't believe FC overlooked mercs considering they put us all in a warzone).

I'll be trying SL...if this faction thing isn't worth it guess I'll be putting AO down and moving on. SWG looks interesting, everyone says it's full of bugs etc...but right now it sounds like a nice change. Roll on the SL release....at least then I'll know where I stand.

------

------

((OOC, isn't SWG just AO with trade skills :P
    As for dynamic faction, it does sound very interesting and I kinda wonder if it will work like the whole title pvp rank thing in UO did...but as ever shame we wont be told on this till the time we get to play it)).
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

AO with tradeskills? Hmmm....that could work...have you suggested adding tradeskills to the FC Devs?

Since we've mentioned tradeskills. Anyone else disappointed in the lack of development in this area? When you look at what can be done (imps, nanos, weapons, amour) they have added some...but after all this time I'd expect a lot more.

A hefty portion of what they've added is just modifying existing stuff (MCS, CAS, Barter...even implants). Very little is built from scratch (Junkmetal, Mantis). The rarity of the tools for armour is another factor that bugs me...yes they added an alternate way of making some of the armour....all you need is ludicrously high tradeskills to accomplish it.

Anyway, totally off topic but thought it was worth mentioning.

------

------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12