Thread: Tales from a great battle

Tales from a great battle

Last night we where on a diamondine hunt. No loot this time, but we had a fight worth remembering.

Lets forget the first try. Bashem died fast. Then a doc. Then there was a lot of LDs.

On the second try we where 8 members left. Healabit and Drfora under close supervision by Leiyse and Mole. Mofa where entering berserker mode and only a reflected Bashem held him back from going solo on the trainee and two valkyries. Mia must have used that period of time to practice her offensive skills, no doubt about it, hard at work carving out her place in the history of a Diamondine fight Friday the 13th.

Me? Cats attitude, calm on the surface but ready to run, fast

Buffed up and ready to go. Mofa persuaded the valkyries that it was in their best interest to look abother way. Bashem gave the Diamondine Trainee an offer she just couldnt refuse. How those troxes can be offensive is beyond me. Might be those big substitute blades they use... The rest of us quickly ran for cover behind some rubble at the north ridge of the fort. Occasionaly Leiyse would whip the docs from hiding to give Bashem some needed medical attention.

The diamondine started to glance at our innocent looking hiding place. I was supposed to lead this, as it was my raid, so caught between the rock and a hard place, the Cat decided to show some courage. So there another entered battle, gently, not wanting to attract attention. Short after Mia kicked the trainee in a manner that only should work on men.

Behind the attacking trio, a discussion where breaking out. Overcoming the respect of the trainee, the rest of the gang wanted to enter battle. Weapons drawn, the sound of metal against metal, I gave in. SHOOT.

Everyone missed... Mofa where blaming his gun, Mole wanted take lessons by the trainee, and Leiyse obviously aimed at our docs, cause the heals kept comming. Next thing we know, Mole decides to call the guards. While asking the trainee "can you give me some of your skills so I can shoot you" wouldn't be a good idea, obviously persuading a guard where Only thing is, he brought a pet A brief silence followed, then the guard and slayer decided that friday the 13th werent a good day to challenge Lady Luck.

Now the Diamondine where puzzled why she couldn't kill the giant cat, and started to notice the smaller objects hitting at her. Obviously she did mistake my feeble medic skills as the source of Bashems remarkable endurance. The evil lady actually shot me. Twice. Believing me dead, she turned her attention back on Bashem, with a smug smile on her face. Cats got 9 lives... To bad Bashem. As Soka pointed out earlier that day, I only had 7 left, but hey, its still a way to go Excellent first aid by Mia and some serious attetion from one of our docs, and I set my claws in the trainees neck again.

The moment of horror (okay the first of many ), doc under attack! DrFora dove for cover while claiming he was indeed invisible and his presence a mere mirrage and coincidence. Of course his persuasive skills, the groups medical skills and a the undeniable fact that a certain part of the Mantis Queen (Mofas new flame btw) prodding your back is hard to ignore, saved the day.

Miada wanted a place in the battle. Mofa where growing tired of his gun having trouble penertating Diamond armor. Nukes that shook the bones of the omni scums body where streaming from Mofas hands. Mias prebattle study of weak trainee spots where paying off. She was hitting critical spots on the diamondines body faster then a whirlwind. Suddenly the Diamondine stops and shouts:

"HEY! I've seen you somewhere before. Yeah, you with the black robe. I told you to stay away last time, remember?". Mias response where a 5 letter one sybelle word. We all know it, and for some reason it strikes a nerve in women. Especially if said silently with venom from another lady. The rest of us could do nothing to break the lightning locked exchange of glances. And no matter the amount of reasoning could take the diamondines attention away from Miada. BOOM. Hands vs A Very Big Gun. Only works in Jackie Shan movies, so Mia sadly left her griefing friends for a quick trip to the nearest cloning facility. Soon we heard her shaken but firm voice over the Icom, "I'll be back!".. To not appear as a copy cat the sentence where a bit more, shall we say, colorfull, but lets keep this civil :wink:

Meanwhile the Diamondine where starting to tire. Occasionaly she would spray the area with bullets, and we all took hits. Well, Leiyse where a bit hard to hit, and very few of the Diamondines shots would hit her instead of thin air. Mofa can solo anything, so we where not very worried for his survival at all. Mole where like all traders haggling, and occasionaly his brave proposals would earn him a couple of shots in the back. Healabit and DrFora forgot the sense of danger, with so many injuries to treat and all.

Time dragged on, our buffs started dissapear, Bashems reflective shields where gone, stopgap buffs where traded in incredible spead. The transformation from Cat to Atrox and back to Cat left the Diamondine puzzled and unable to contentrate on anything but Bashem for a while. Miada suddenly dropped from the sky and without a word planted a fist at the diamondines nose. Followed by feet and more fists. And if I'm not mistaken some headbutts too. It goes without saying, such ferocity don't go unnoticed very long. Helped by two more incredible hard hits right between the diamondines eyes, the big lady noticed the little lady again. "YOU!?!" Next thing is mad laughter over the ICOM. "Two hard hits and she noticed me again, huh? Gave the *** /"&#¤ /"#"! a lesson there didn't I?", a few moments of silence. Another wave of laughter reached us. "Okay, I'm on my way back."

Miadas hard arguement and with Bashem and Mole teaching where the weak spots where located had by now brought the diamondine down to her knees. Fighting to the end she realized her error. The little jumping creatures back there where medics. They where keeping the cats alive. In a last effort she fired off a serious of shots at Healabit. He died, and then the Diamondine fell over in the exact same moment. Finally beaten, the little group facing overwhelming odds where victorious. Moments of cheers and hugs. The diamondines sidearm where broken in the fight. So where her medallion, The Mesh. The only valuables retrieved from her corpse where bulletholed and scratched pieces of armor. But what a fight, certainly a Friday the 13th to remember!

disclaimer
    This tale might not be the accurate description, quotes have been altered to give a better story in writing. Some facts remain. There where 8 people present (listed at the bottom), Miada died twice, Healabit (here my memory might fail, it could have been drfora, but he gridded me out later so I don't think so) died at the exact same moment as the Diamondine died. We all took aggro at some point during the fight. Some, like Bashem and the docs (healabit and drfora) played a very crucial in the battle, as did Mofasos, Mole, me and Leiyse, but for the sake of storytelling Miada where given a lot of attention (deserved too).

Present at the raid
    Leiyse
    Miada
    DrFora
    Mofasos
    Snublefot
    BashemWisdom
    Healabit
    Mole

In rememberance of Eiziekiel who died in the first attempt.

Vengeance of the Clans

[ooc]
    I'm not a great storyteller. My first language is not english. And spelling happens to other people. Hope it is as fun reading as us guys had last night
    [/ooc]