Thread: Proposals to improve PvP.

Proposals to improve PvP.

1° Dual gaz zones: small border 75%, large areas inside 25%
    Technically easy, since an arena works like that.

2° You are not allowed to zone into, or out, a PvP zone if you have outside buffs (Essence, UVC, whatever). If you are part of a team, outside buffs are ok. If the team disbands, you are not able to zone out with a buff your current team couldnn't cast on you.

3° Put something of interest in the middle of the zone, like random objects spawning on the ground, like carbonrich rock does, so no new tek here. It could be NCUs, tank armors, or... pinky tokens ?

4° Don't allow anyone to attack or get attacked by someone not in his level range. A 75 character should have a range 65-85, while a 160 character should have a range 130-190.
    The free for all past 75 rule is not good.

5° Do not allow teaming of out of range characters. In a team of 6, if the "middle" character is 75, lowest should be 65 and highest 85. This works now in Asheron's Call, so it must not be difficult.

6° Tweak the various classes after the new system is implemented, since it's not possible to tweak anything now due to outside buffs.

7° You are not allowed to exit a PvP zone while in combat. No new tek neither, since you already can't recharge/heal while in fight.

I for sure forgotmany aspects here, let's say it could be the foundation for a discussion

This would rule:

From SWG:

"Battlefields

There is one more kind of area in the game, called Battlefields. These are special areas where two sides in the Galactic Civil War can do battle. Everyone who enters a battlefield and is not already part of a faction must pick one of the two sides to fight for. Players killed on a battlefield cannot re-enter the area until the battle is over."

This is an awesome idea that I wish AO would pick up on.

Right now PvP is lame. Arenas are empty. 2HO is gridcamped or empty. 4 Holes is empty. Beats me how MMD is. Anytime I've gone there I just see Omni.

Is there something I'm missing?

Since there is no land that we're really fighting over, this battlefield option would be great. I don't know how they're planning it for SWG, but for AO it could go something like this:

- There are several pre-generated battle areas. These could be outdoor, indoor, dungeon-like, etc.

- If you wish to participate, you enter into an appropriate room or "lobby" for your level range and are automatically grouped with the others in your room.

- As soon as there are 6 people in your lobby and 6 in an opposing side's lobby, a big door opens and opposing sides are released onto a random battlefield to duke it out. Last team standing wins. It would be very similar to a mission, only the mobs are real players!

This will allow everyone - including the "support" classes - who wants to PvP a chance to PvP. Sick of being an engineer who gets wiped out in every "duel"? Grab some engineer and crat friends, hop into the battlefield area and see how your opponents deal with your army of robots.

Guilds could strengthen their comraderie and fine-tune their battle skills. Guild rank could actually mean something as leaders command their guildmates on the battlefield.

The possibilities are to numerous to mention.

If the war on Rubi-Ka does not start soon (and I mean a war; not a series of stories that talks about a conflict that 99% of the player base is not involved with or could care less about), I guarantee AO will lose a LARGE chunk of players to Shadowbane and SWG - games that are based on interactive conflict instead of this sorry excuse for a war that we're supposed to be imagining here in AO.
    Due to the extreme caffeine content I only serve Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee imported from Earth.
    4 out of 5 Bureaucrats prefer it over Menthol.

Another proposal: Make dmg and healing under the same rules: Both 50%, 75% or 100%.
    NT phone HOME!!

Oh yeah...

And per another thread in this topic...

All buffs would be removed upon entering the lobby. The only buffs you could get would be from others in your team. No level 10 complit exploiters with Essence, VS, and god knows what else.
    Due to the extreme caffeine content I only serve Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee imported from Earth.
    4 out of 5 Bureaucrats prefer it over Menthol.

I think they should have 15% and 5% zones, 15% zones are uncapped old rule pvp zones with only side versus side and 5% zones could be capped damage free for all new rules pvp zones. Then 0% zones would be absolute anarchy (online), with no caps, no side restrictions... just plain dangerous.