Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running...

As for the fixer nerf... nah....... they're reduced to 1 hp when they grid, so the lucky folks with DoTs(MAs, Docs, Agents) would still get the kill. Fixers are the masters of evation, let them be. Running should be an option, but the current methods and use/abuse of it should be looked at.

Say, I get out of range and jump in my Yalm and fly sky high, I'm not allowed to zone? It's his damn fault he didn't kill quick enough. lol

btw, do you really trust FC to do something like this? They fix one thing and break another.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 10th, 2002 at 06:18:58.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Having spent the better part of 4 years pvping in Ultima Online, the solution that that game proposed to this problem seems awfully appropriate here.

A common problem in UO was that people could attack with impunity and escape instantly (with a spell that basically everyone could cast). If an attacker picked a fight with someone who they thought was "easy pickings" and turned out to be dangerous...poof...away they went. It also seriously limited the possibility of "player justice", i.e. if you got 'ganked', calling your friends to come avenge you was pointless, since the attackers were instantly gone.

The solution: an aggressor flag. If you _initiate_ an attack, you are taking the burden of risk. As long as the flag lasts (5, 10, 15 mins...whatever), you can't zone. Initiating an attack would be doing any form of damage or initiating a pet attack on a player who didn't attack you within the last X minutes (where X is greater than the flag duration). This prevents auto-attack from triggering the flag, allows people who _really_ don't want to fight an opportunity to escape, and stops those annoying gimps who pop a shotgun shell or alphastrike and zone instantly if they don't get a crit...rinse and repeat.

It's not a perfect fix (i.e. the 'attacked by' list per player would have to be a finite, manageable size) but I'd say it goes a long way towards resolving the real problem. And if the Origin monkeys managed to code it, I don't see why the Funcom monk...er...programmers can't too.

Haha I can see an exploit from this already, really dont like someone but wanna annoy them more than killing them? Aggro them unless they can root and fly up in your plane, they are stuck in zone until they die or kill you, go get some food, a coffee, have a smoke, come back an hour later and laugh at the misfortune of the stranded player. This especially so if you are 130+ attacking that lvl 75 and knowing he can't kill you, you dont even need to fly away, just run around and taunt him.

Bad idea about that, though there needs to be some form of zone code to prevent soldiers from: ZONE-> MK up -> alpha -> fight till Mk drops -> ZONE -> Wait 45 secondsish -> ZONE -> Repeat -> LOW chance of death.

- Whaam

Didn't see hideo2's post. That is what we need.
    I played UO too and it worked very well indeed. You could still gate though ;p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12