Thread: Nano-Resist bug

Nano-Resist bug

Nano-Resist does not depend on base abilities. Ie it can be =5 even with int=200 and psy=200.

It doesn't really matter to an NT. They can't resist nanos anyway, so why raise the skill? It could be -12bazillion and not effect you, eccept you'd have alot of zero's after a minus sign in your Abilities window :}

Cz finally gave us a little bit of information on this after us asking about it for weeks. Seems that the raise in Psy wasn't showing up on the visual nano resistance. He was going to check and see whether the nano resistance check was made against the right number or not but never got back to us on it.

Personally I think this is why very, very, very few characters ever resist a nano. It is doing the check against a number that is a LOT lower than it should be given our attributes.

Scorus

What bugs more is the monster nano resist. Why should we, as NT's, pass fumble checks (similar to hit/miss with gun) but then also have a nano resist check that is really high with most monsters...I hit MAYBE 50% of the time, if I'm REALLY lucky when I go against higher level monsters than myself. I see this as an unfair dis-advantage to us NT's.
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Agreed Psilex. Totally agreed. We as NT's have to pass more checks for a successful hit vs. monster than other professions with our main weapon. The argument has been raised that we as NT's can wrangle on guns just like anyother prof, but it would be a secondary weapon. Of course we can, this is obviouse. What isn't obviouse to non NT's is that to use a gun in our lvl range we have to seriously cripple or ignore all other skillz. That means no Nano programming, low complit, low abilities, and then we are right back to being crap again. Point 2: You can't fire a gun and cast a nano at the same time successfully unless it's your first shot in player vs. monster. If the monster hits you first you don't get to use your weapon unless you stop casting your nanos. I have built an NT to use only nanos and weapons, forget trade skillz, forget good armor, forget map nav, lock picking, EVERYTHING. And I only use my shot gun (a one skill weapon) 1/5 of the time in combat or less. I believe this negates the "You can use weapons too" argument. Of course we can, if we want to cripple our characters more than Funcom already has.

All I ask is to 1: be able to resist nanos 25% of the time if my skill is maxed. 2: Be able to hit monsters more than 70% of the time if my nano skillz are maxed/implanted/badass. That's my job in life isn't it? Don't take that away.

-- Rent on Rubi-Ka is cheap. Why live on Earth? --

You NTs are kinda screwed over.

You NTs get screwed kinda bad I think. I was grouping with an NT last night, she was casting like mad but was fumbling every now and then, getting countered a LOT, and even got interrupted a time or two by being hit. In all my levels I'm quite sure I can count on one hand the number of mobs my pet and I have interrupted, and will even have room left to count how many times I've actually countered a nano cast on me.

One other thing of note that you NTs are getting raped on is MOB resistance to Nanos. Their value is set INCREDIBLY high, far higher than a player of the same level could have, with some being even higher than others. One of our fellow posters says he and some friends are working on a semi-invasive program that can log factual numbers from server and client info during combat. Whether or not he can make such a thing remains to be seen, and I'm quite sure if he's caught he'll no longer be among the player base of the game Seeing how that's not really my problem though I wish him luck, and hope that if he DOES get banned, that at least he can get that data out to the rest of us players.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.