Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealment

What really upsets me reading through this thread is people who just say stupid things like "Ahhh nerf conceal more" or "You cant let conceal work then agents and adventurers will just make lots of cash.".

How can people be so intent on worrying about another profession getting something and want to be so proactive because their profession doesnt. The poster Nikki I think it was should have no input on this subject. You play a damn NT. How about I go over to the NT forum or start writing emails to Funcom saying I think since your Nukes are so powerful the range on them should all be shortened to 10m.

That would only make it fair. I mean you guys can hit for more damge then anyone else with a couple hits so you should have a shorter range then everyone else right?

I mean damn...worry about your own problems.

CONCEAL IS BROKE! It does not work right. Even if your right and perhaps we shouldnt be able to sneak a full hard mission do you think it is ok for agents who have like 6 green skills to have wasted all the ip on conceal?

I mean look at this...here are our main green skills:

Rifle: Ok
    Aimed Shot: Err ok I guess even though it only works 1 in 10.
    Sharp Objects: None in game.
    Sneak attack: for sharp objects, none in game.
    Concealment: Broke
    Perception: Broke or basically ineffective.
    Chemistry: Not implemented

So lets see...I guess we are doing real good on our green skills huh? They all either dont work or are not implemented.

I saw an argument once a long time ago that someone said sneaking missions was supposed to be an agents tradeskill. Some may laugh at that but it is true. We suck at all trade skills.

Our tradeskill is we should be able to go take the time to find a mission, travekl to it, and if it has yellow and below mobs in it and we have a good concealment score if we are careful we can sneak through mission. I mean to do this at level 60 if I did it right is not some quicky thing. I mean the size of many levels it would take for full round trip etc well over 30 min or more.

This to make maybe 30k in loot and reward cash? How is this so unfair?

Conceal was put in the game for a reason. Agents have spent hundreds of thousands of ip on a skill that doesnt work. This is a game. This is not fun.

(would be nice to if any of our other green skills worked as well)

I will tell you one thing agents.....this unforgiving hatred towards agents still goes back to pre 12.6. Unfortunately what happen is back then we were a popular profession. We also ruled PvP with a couple other professions.

What happen is some immature agents drove it into the dirt. People complained about big aimed shot hits on them. Funcom got out the nerf bat.

Then people heard agents could sneak red missions with no danger. Funcom pulled out the nerf bat.

People complained about how agents could use all their NF's...funcom pulled out hte nerf bat and implemented execute delay and now is doing things like taking pets away.

You know what? After all this people still hate us and want more nerfs. No profession has been bent over the nerf log more then agents. All our primary skills are either broken, nerfed or not implemented. Yet people still have flashbacks to getting owned in PvP pre 12.6 by some immature agent and so they continue to try and bring misery to our profession.
    Last edited by Tekkor; Dec 28th, 2001 at 16:01:23.
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri
    Webmaster of: Agent Sector (Rip 2006)

Thumbs up

Well said Tekkor!

As I've said before:

It's narrow minded people who want nerfs.. it's thickheaded people who actually publicly ask for them.

Conceal is only good for getting off aimed shots. When I was 112 I did get myself all the ql 200 stuff I think I would ever need. Are agents the only class who can do this?

NO

In maybe 40-50missions attempted, I cancelled 1 where I couldnt find the pickupitem. Completed the rest. Did conceal get me all the way to pickup item? Maybe in 1-2cases. Its all about running guys. 1600+conceal would get me spotted after 1-2min perhaps and since almost all missions were this huge complexes that dont really get me far with the speed I sneak.

ANYONE can get their ql 200 **** at lvl 112 easy. ANYONE can open all the chests. Its easy it just take a bit of time and some dieing. Not sure I should reveal how so I wont. Easy to figure out tho. Conceal is not an advantage for agents over other classes today.

And Tekkor, Rifle and Aimed shot is not green skills for agents :P

Originally posted by MSag
    Conceal is only good for getting off aimed shots. When I was 112 I did get myself all the ql 200 stuff I think I would ever need. Are agents the only class who can do this?

NO

In maybe 40-50missions attempted, I cancelled 1 where I couldnt find the pickupitem. Completed the rest. Did conceal get me all the way to pickup item? Maybe in 1-2cases. Its all about running guys. 1600+conceal would get me spotted after 1-2min perhaps and since almost all missions were this huge complexes that dont really get me far with the speed I sneak.

ANYONE can get their ql 200 **** at lvl 112 easy. ANYONE can open all the chests. Its easy it just take a bit of time and some dieing. Not sure I should reveal how so I wont. Easy to figure out tho. Conceal is not an advantage for agents over other classes today.

And Tekkor, Rifle and Aimed shot is not green skills for agents :P
    Ah yes I stand corrected the two skills I said were green are actually like super light blue. All our green skills do not work.

Yeah everyone has a big problem for some reason with us taking forever trying to sneak a mission for a reward and having a decent success rate....yet nobody ever complains about doctors and enforcers or even soldiers getting a ton of hit points and just blitzing missions. They still do this. My cousin is a level 62 doctor and I have seen him do it still. Of course they put full defense slider on and get speed buffs.

Nobody complains about that though. (including me)

Yet conceal is complained heavily about.
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri
    Webmaster of: Agent Sector (Rip 2006)

Nikki,
    You feel it is unfair that Agents sneak better than other professions. You feel that all professions should be able to sneak hard missions as Agents do.
    Sounds like to me that you don't want much if not any distinction among professions. Each professions should have its advantages exclusive to its own. I am positive FC feels this way too, so your opinion about all professions having the same success pontential at sneaking missions as Agents is frankly plain stupid. Concealment is one of the Agents primary skills.
    You plainly have a Bias opinion against Agents. Doesn't Your class need a little fixing too? For postivity, maturity, and for the damn holiday season spirit, go and do somthing more constructive and post about your profession problems.

Phionna,
    I also know how to sneak missions successfully using tools I care not to share due to FC nerfing it too. The point about Concealment is that for most, it doesn't work. It doesn't work becuase it is broke. It isn't working properly. There is no logic behind concealment right now. You said it yourself, you are successful at it because of a claoking device bug. FC didn't intend for you to be success at sneaking due to a bug. So it is broke.

Inkaiko (gimped PVP 106 agent)

I also know how to sneak missions successfully using tools I care not to share due to FC nerfing it too.
    Inkaiko (gimped PVP 106 agent) [/B][/QUOTE]

Btw my concealment fully buffed is only 1100 at lvl 106. I can only do 181 missions however, not quite level 200. But still concealment isn't working as it should be working.

I have never asked for FC to nerf another profession. I can't beleive the people in here that yell nerf agents. They are so selfish. It's really degrading and a bad reflection on their character and personality.

Inkaiko

something horribly broken with sneak algorithm in mission

I am level 119. With ruse 2, conceal expertise, and cloaker my conceal is 1460. I can sneak any mission ql 178 and up without many problems. However it is impossible to sneak in any mission ql 154 or less. In mission ql 154 or less its like I don't even have sneak on. Either the first or second mob will always see me. I don't use leet cause I am spotted more often in higher missions somehow. I think what is goin on is that 1460 conceal is somehow too high for a ql 154 mission. Some calculation overflows or underflows or whatever and its like conceal is equal to zero instead. This is a serious bug as I would like to do missions for nanos I can actually use. I tried using leet and ruse 2 without the cloaker to reduce my conceal to about 1200 in the ql 154 mission and I was able to get through a few more rooms than before but I was still seen. This is extremely frustrating as I really need to get some nanos. I don't like buying and selling just to get some nanos. I would prefer to do a ql 154 mission for a nano then some ql 213 mission to sell something.

I think its rather simple, seems to me that you ALWAYS have a certain probability of getting detected. Then you will get additional chance if your concealment is below mob perception or something. So basically you end up with same chance getting spotted by lvl 1 backyard leet as against a lvl 200+ ace if you have 1.6k or so conceal. Problem seems to be this chance is pretty high so you will get detected in 0-2min in both cases.
    Last edited by Myga; Dec 31st, 2001 at 01:45:48.

Originally posted by MSag
    I think its rather simple, seems to me that you ALWAYS have a certain probability of getting detected. Then you will get additional chance if your concealment is below mob perception or something. So basically you end up with same chance getting spotted by lvl 1 backyard leet as against a lvl 200+ ace if you have 1.6k or so conceal. Problem seems to be this chance is pretty high so you will get detected in 0-2min in both cases.
    Yup, thats true. I've generated a new level 2 char and gone into a backyard mission with level 2 chars with nearly 2k conceal total, and was still detected 3 times in the mission. Just for the sake of curiosity, I generated 2 more missions and the same thing happened. At this point, I'm not sure how much having more conceal really helps.

All this crap about Agents only being able to sneak passed YELLOW mobs when a MP can solo RED mobs in 80% missions holds no water. People are jealous of the one thing agents do well and tey want it removed its called class envy.

After all the nerfs the only thigns the agent can do is use other professions to buff they cant be used in combat because the spells take 20x as long to cast. The last remaining point of being an agent i.e. being able to sneak full difficulty missions has effectively been removed form them now as well so let me ask what si the point of playing this class anymore?

All you folks that are envious i emplore you to roll up an agent and try them for yourselves because you obviously have no clue how the class really works.

To be honest i'd rather have them take away FP and just give us our own unique line of spells with morphs side changes conceals some decent DoT's and HoT's or some actual form of healing. I think this would end the class envy once and for all and we could have a somewhat playable class. As it currently stands the class has been nerfed into unplayability for all but the most incredibly over twinked exploiters.

Exclamation The Last Word

I'm going to be a little egocentric here and say that this post is really how it should all work, but i want to point out a few ideas are credited to above posters, i just don't feel like looking thru them all again. I've logged almost 20 days with my agent, and i've been playing since day one, and Symone is a third generation agent (two rerolls), but i'm only lvl 79. I've done and tried everything in the world there is to do as an agent for my lvl, too. Here's my feeling on conceal:

1. Conceal almost seems like it shouldn't be in the game.
    - Reasons:
    *Tab target-cycling is nice to have, but inherently a bad idea for gameplay. Nobody should be able to target something 30m behind them without turning around unless targeting is done by some mechanical implant that all ppl have installed upon entering Rubi Ka. This would make sense. If this is the case, however, then conceal should NOT be "sneaking", it should be CONCEALING, as in making yourself unseen (more in detail later).
    *Map upgrades will easily show you someone is approaching, therefore making conceal worthless.

2. Because of #1, conceal should be changed.
    - What it should do:
    *Conceal should make you appear transparent, such as cloaks do now. Based off what i said in #1, conceal shouldn't be "sneaking", it should be using nanobots (it's the future ppl, i'm sure espionage has evolved) to mask your body. Once you attack or get spotted, you become visible again. Anyone who's played DAoC knows what i'm talking about.
    *When concealed, you should NOT show up on another players map. This will give it some use in PvP.
    *Since cloaking devices wouldn't be of much use anymore, remove them. This will bring down the "insane" conceal of most higher lvl agents. Plus i've heard that too much conceal may cause you to get spotted faster, so this might help that.
    *This WILL NOT make agents invincible in PvP since they will only be able to get their aimed shot off, then they'll be visible. This just gives us an opportunity to do our ONLY special.

3. Fix perception.
    - What IT should do:
    *Since cloaks would be taken away in #2, lower mob perception SLIGHTLY, not a lot, just enough to balance the drop in conceal. This should be worked on and discussed with players, but maybe a hard number skill check conceal vs. perception should be implemented. Say, if you have 2/3 or 80% or something like that, you'll have a % chance to get spotted, but as the conceal/percep ratio goes down, the % chance goes up. This should also be a one time check from a random roll, not hard coded into each type/lvl of mob. So if you sneak past a mob once, you'll always sneak past it. Same for PvP, altho the numbers might have to be different.

That about does it for conceal, altho i have other beefs with agent problems, like lack of range... some quick side notes too:

*I'm 79 w/ 1030 in conceal, and i sneak 100% (140's) missions. If i don't have to unlock any doors i can get thru them w/o being spotted, but the second i pick up the item, i get 4 aggros easy, so i try to open chests too, but conceal seems to be less effective when you do that, so i get spotted more often. It's not as cake as most ppl seem to think it is.

*Funcom.. NO RANGED WEAPON SHOULD GO AS FAR AS A SNIPER RIFLE. 40m cap or no. Just do SOMETHING. I'd say just dump your whole stupid grid box crap and do it dynamically; each mob (by type or lvl, or whatever) has a percep skill. That determines how far it can see/aggro (two different values, btw) on a person who is running and who is sneaking (obviously they'd see runners more often that concealed ppl, just have their percep have two cut off points; check to see runners, check to see concealed). Keep the 80m max visual (as in the F10 setting) range, and make rifles shoot 40m again (plus range inc stuff), and NT's, and if a mob gets attacked, EVER, make it auto-attack back (never understood why they just didn't do this in the first place). Other posters have had good suggestions; you can't target further than your visual range, and if you step out of visual range, you lost the target (ie- it's no longer targeted). The game ran fine on my PIII 500mhz w/ 256MB ram (and geforce3, but i play with a voodoo 3 at work on 800mhz PIII with just as good results) with the visual range set all the way up to 80m. Anyone with a worse system that that, upgrade for god's sake. I really don't care how it's done, JUST GIVE BACK OUR RANGE!

..whew, that's it.
    Symone
    Level 80 Clan Agent

- Assembler Research Group, Inc. (MIA)
    Head of Covert Ops

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Either more professions get a chance to viably sneak missions or no one should. Agents have too much crap already just with their ability to change to other professions. Heck its silly having my 87 agent friends sneaking through my level 200 missions without being seen. Weeeee lets just add up all the bonuses possible to an agent for sneak. Self profession buffs, Off professions buffs, Main skill, Implants, 1k board, Cloaks, general buffs and items. This skill is so exploitable when you look at missions that Funcom has to boost the reqs WAYYYYYYYYYYY past what any other profession can really obtain. Heck seagal and zarloc (level 200 agents) could get over 2400 sneak as a level 200 agent. Thats just insane and completely BROKEN! There is no way you can balance that out without making it so a few people can completely ruin an economy by easily sneaking missions quickly and without fear of being noticed.

If you want items fight through the mission or run through it but sneaking is just TOOOOOOO easy. I have to and every other non agent has too. Why should you be given a skill that so easily unbalances everything else. You already have a game breaking ability in your FP lines. If you want to sneak though more professions should get the same chance as agents get. Really how many guards would just stare at a door opening up and watch as someone sneaked through the dorrway. Its silly not realistic and shouldnt be allowed.

Sneak might be more usefull if you could have it so mobs lose you if you enter a new room and go into sneak mode but even that has exploits because of the unnaturally high levels agents can boost their sneak abilities. Running and fighting arent too hard and are very possible for any profession to do. I see no reason to give yet another bonus to a profession when so many have had so much taken away. Anyways anything done with this skill should have every profession in mind rather than JUST one that doesnt need it to be good.

Nikkidial so abruptly known as Tracylords her engineer Alt reroll. She is in my guild and I saw her show distaste towards Agents when she tried to help me get the scope from T.I.M.

First off she started mouthing off "blow me" "shutup".. "your gimped".. etc.

I would also like to add.. when I got to the entrance (im lvl 95 or so) I asked her if I could sneak past these lvl 70 mobs.. her reply "Not a chance in hell".. Yet she comes here saying we can sneak?

Numerous times she took me down there and in my eyes purpously allowed others to get the scope. After them flaunting around the scope and badgeing me with "We have it and you dont" they also added "And that sucky NT cant do anything!"... Did she defend me? No. Did she say anything to them ? No. She sent a private tell "WTF? You told them about me?"....

Whenever we would lose our chance at the scope I would be called a 'noob' or 'gimp'.. I would be told to 'go level and dont say a word about it to anyone in 5 hours'.. I could tell she had something against me but I didn't know what.

When I asked her how Agents were at high levels she kind of went silent for a 15 min and then responded "All proffesions are different.. they do things in thier own way"... probably the most ive seen her talk.

When I died to 15 lvl 80 Boss mob greys chasing me I got a tell from her "your weak" etc. etc.

I am so sick of people like this having a vendeta against someone because of thier proffesion. I dont blame her for the NTs who exploited range. I dont blame for the NTs who AOEd through walls and are currently lvl 150-200. I dont blame her for the constant whines I see on the NT board. I dont blame her for the bugged Nulity Sphere nano. But she blames me for sneaking missions.. when in truth ive never even been in a mission.

Its constant ... Im always being told to "Shutup"... or "be quite".. As if a high level was silencing off a small threat. Im sick of being put down because im an Agent.. and if Nikkidial is reading this.. Get off it.. Why dont you just stop being a dick to me? You know how youve been.. now is the time to change. I like NTs I have nothign against them but please stop being rude.. Geez.
    "He's as dead a Jehova's witness at a passover"

"Remove your lips from the GMs ass...your chafing him..please..he loves you.. yes.. its ok.. dont cry.. *gives you a tissue*.. ok good. "

"bleedin' so hard you'll need a life size maxi-pad"

"Patience is a virtue, but timing is a privelage"

The funny thing is that you can sneak through high level missions easier then low level missions. I am currently level 105, so I went to sneak a ql 188 mission (max difficulty) to get a Ranee, and I wasn't seen once...

Later I tried sneaking into the dungeon in Longest Road to kill T.I.M for that agent-item, and I got seen all the time by mobs grey to me... It seems very strange. And when I tried to use Ruse 1 instead of 2 (200 less concealment), and it actually worked better! But I got seen with Ruse 1 too, and gave up sneaking it.

Concealment is the only useful skill we have now, and it should be fixed! People who claim otherwise have never played an agent
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Originally posted by Agentofdeath
    I am so sick of people like this having a vendeta against someone because of thier proffesion. I dont blame her for the NTs who exploited range. I dont blame for the NTs who AOEd through walls and are currently lvl 150-200. I dont blame her for the constant whines I see on the NT board. I dont blame her for the bugged Nulity Sphere nano. But she blames me for sneaking missions.. when in truth ive never even been in a mission.

Its constant ... Im always being told to "Shutup"... or "be quite".. As if a high level was silencing off a small threat. Im sick of being put down because im an Agent..
    Wow, good post. This just about sums up how a lot of the AO community feels about agents. It's really quite unfair to those agents that didn't PvP-biuld their chars and be meanies by killing ppl all the time. I think it qualifies for discrimination. Therefore I think agents should get a +10% exp bonus from here on, since we've been discriminated against for so long . (let the flames begin..)

BTW, if someone gets pissed at you for being an agent, do what I do. Respond "ya, well i can sneak a 100% mission with close to zero risk, and you can't", then yell at them for having whatever their prof's strong point is (ie- pet, heals, HE, lotsa HP). May agitate things, but it's really all we can do to defend ourselves, and i highly doubt that conceal will get nerfed again even if ppl *****. And if it does, my infiltrator on Morgan Le Fay will be my new favorite MMORPG character.. permanently.

Also, ppl seem to ***** less about agents when they're offering to find them ql145 gear/nanos at lvl80 (at least that's my experience)...
    Symone
    Level 80 Clan Agent

- Assembler Research Group, Inc. (MIA)
    Head of Covert Ops

Originally posted by Lozer
    i am sorry to say this but i am happy with the agent changes. a agent can make some Uber cash simply sneeking though missions. now although they did invest alot of skill into that. it is unfare ot the rest of the classes who have to go thouhg and fight there way in-out.
    Honestly if you think that, then they should remove a NT's ability to make implants... we should all be able to put our own together, because it's not fair that a NT is so much better at building implants than me... and while they are at it let's remove a Doc's ability to heal, because I can't heal.... and I don't get a pet, so remove all those too.... And traders should not get to build weapons or wrangle because others can't.... Why'd you choose to play a game with more than one class if you just want every class to be the exact same with a different graphically image of a weapon. I'd have to say that making blood plasma for docs is as money making as many missions... and a lot of agents spend hours at a stupid mission booth rolling misisons for something they actually want or think they can sell only to get to the mission and find it has rooms that involve swimming and have to turn around and leave.... or to spend all that time to get to the mission and get aggroed everytime in the first room.

Get off your stupid nerf trip already.... I have paid 100's of thousands of cred for implants to be put together and for wrangles and for +80 treatment buff and for things other classes offer. I see nano techs offering 50-60 million creds to buy Nullity Sphere... I certainly have never seen that much money ever. Maybe you'd be happiest if they open up nanoformulae for anyone to use anything and make all skills green for everyone and triple the amount of ip you get at every level and then we can all be the same and do any nano and use any skill.... Conceal is the only things agents even have and it isn't very effective.
    Last edited by eleetist; Jan 10th, 2002 at 22:07:07.

//I see nano techs offering 50-60 million creds to buy Nullity Sphere... I certainly have never seen that much money ever.

*cough* I've made 5 million in one marathon sitting by sneaking missions with a level 68 agent. You're not trying very hard.

conceal

Here's a note on conceal, I'm only lvl 42 and I can sneak through a mission with about a 1 in 4 mission chance of getting caught. I noticed when I helped a lvl 16 get his mission prize that I couldn't sneak past the greys in his mission.

My conclusion is that sneak only works when you are close to the same sneak as the perception check of the mobs. I also find that as my missions get harder eventually sneak doesn't work so well. Then I up conceal a bit more.

So don't buff conceal so much... like 2500 or 1500 just buff it enough to be slightly more sneaky than the mobs.

Here's another note on conceal: I have a 68 agent who has an eighty percent or higher completion rate for 100% difficulty missions. *shrug* Do I ever get spotted? Yes, pretty often. Does that mean sneaking is worthless to me? Hell no. To me my Agent is the easiest "get stuff" character I can imagine. I know there are other ways to blitz 100% difficulty missions and still get the same effect, but with an agent I die less while sneaking (although I still die, don't get me wrong - but I lose NOTHING) and collect more goodies (can open chests without having to corral monsters and die and whatnot).

hmmm

taken from the first post

"IT is the primary skill an agent has and should be used as pets are used for MPs/Engies/Crats - IT should be a powerful tool that other's envy as only agents can really RAISE their conceal to a very high level. "

"that others envy as only agents can really RAISE thier conceal to a very high level"

what about MP's i see MANY agents casting the highest level demon and heal pets on thier own before meta's can. this would be the same as my MP getting a buff that raises concealment 1000, I am not the envy of agents because they can do what i can do better.

Even after being beaten to death by the nerf stick the agent class always manages to find a way to survive. And yes the agent class are greatly dicriminated against. As agents we should be able to have higher concealment than most other classes. We don't want to be able to sneak 100% missions with no risk. We do want our concealment skill treated as a skill however...and not just blind luck. We want mobs in missions to have skills similar to their PC counterparts...strengths and weaknesses. We want to not worry too much about being spotted by professions with low perception. If we do get spotted in a mission we want a mob that has a perception skill high enough to see us to spot us. We want it to be easier to sneak lower level missions and harder to sneak harder missions. But we don't want just any level mob to be able to detect us at any given time just because every mob has a 20% chance of spotting us regardless of our concealment skill.

Once the perception of mobs are at a reasonable level, then the amount of concealment an agent can buff themselves should be reduced to a more manageable amount over time. The best way to do this in my opinion would be to not allow pronouncement of greatness to stack with the ruse of taren line. The next step would be to create a shadow crown line of nanos that could stack with all other concealment buffs (this would include the ruse of taren line). In this way agents could then maintain their concealment in agent form and either stay in agent form or switch to another profession. As the agent increases in levels small upgrades to concealment could be made available (shadow crown line) that would supplement an agent's concealment as the concealment of mobs increase over time. The shadow crown line would be castable on other professions, the ruse of taren line would be self only. I do think that a pronouncement of greatness(other) should be made available before the playful cub form is castable. However, I think in order to maintain balance the concealment modifier for pronouncement of greatness (other) should not give the full +200 concealment (+100 conceal should do).

Agents aren't the only profession being screwed over by concealment skill not working effectively, Adventurers and other professions using sneak attack are just as bad off as we are...if not more so because often those skills aren't cheap. Sneak attack is a common requirement to many melee weapons that have looked promissing to an adventurer. With pronouncement of greatness adventurers could quite effectively use sneak attack weapons prior to 12.6. After the continual nerfs to concealment however it has become more and more of a waste of IP to use weapons using the sneak attack skill.

It has always bugged me that at times you can walk right by a mob without it seeing you at all. It would be nice if you could sneak behind the mob and the mob wouldn't notice your approach, but if the mob turned around and looked at you then you were spotted. In order to sneak a mission I think it would be better if we were forced to use cloaking devices to get past a mobs visual perception. Cloaking devices would require a certain amount of concealment skill to put on. But once you put one on you could leave it on much like a low light scope. Cloaking devices would only activate while in sneak mode, and once in sneak mode they would start reducing your health and your nano and you would get the invisible effect. Anything that deactivates sneak mode would deactivate the cloaking device. Doing this would increase the risk of sneaking missions since the higher the ql of the cloaking device the more nano and health is reduced every so often by the cloaking device. While sneaking you would be constantly looking for a place to drop out of sneak and heal before continuing on in the mission. Sneaking a mission would be a timed event that you must actually sneak through (not just run with a cloaking device).

If you successfully unlock a door, open a chest, or disarm a bomb while in sneak mode then sneak mode shouldn't disengage. However if you fail to unlock the door, disarm a trap, or open a chest then sneak mode should disengage. If you open a chest and the chest explodes then not only should your sneak mode disengage but any mobs that were damaged by the explosion should go into the room that the explosion occured to investigate(if they see you on the way they attack you). If you are attacked while in sneak mode then sneak mode will deactivate along with the cloaking device. Please note that when I mention the cloaking device deactivating I mean that the cloaking device's effects on concealment and its transparent visual effect is disengaged but the cloaking device itself would remain installed in the HUD.

Sneak attack and aimed shot should be usable while cloaked by a cloaking device. Once sneak attack or aimed shot is used then the normal attack sequence begins and sneak mode(along with the cloaking device) is deactivated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast