Thread: Dodging and special attacks...

Question Dodging and special attacks...

As an agent I often find myself being obliterated in the first few seconds of PvP by a soilder who has some sort of insane 3 (or in some cases 2) speical attack weapon which hits, usely, for a total of 1-1.5k hp after all is said and done. (I am only lvl 47 and have 980 hp for those wondering).

Now my question is this...is it actully possible to DODGE special attacks? Or are they an automatic hit everytime? If this is so do any of you think the stratigy of puting the Aggro-Def slider all the way to defense in the first few seconds of a PvP battle would be an effective tactic?

Any input would be appreiciated....

I play a soldier and I have never missed a special attack. I assume they are guaranteed hits.

Ya know it's funny even back in the days pre 12.6 when aimed shot crit for more damage than it was "supposed" to, if a player attacked me first(hit q) from any range(anything that gave me an attacked by message) then when I fired my aimed shot it would just plink every time. However, if I attacked first(while not being attacked) I would one shot kill (or almost kill) every time.

Soldiers using Nova Flows for example aren't burdened with the necessity of increasing aimed shot and concealment to kill players in PvP. Something to keep in mind for those that are still being killed by aimed shot in PvP. Your attacker may or may not be an agent.
    Last edited by Graxxus; Mar 8th, 2002 at 04:58:41.

Non PvP...

I know in PvM combat some higher lvl mobs have resisted my MA attack (it's pretty crap tho) but I have no idea if that can happen in PvP

Exclamation

Still would like a real answer on this... :P